ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little T&A Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd September 2006 04:29 PM
_Boomy_ She's going to Louisville with me, not Chicago. I don't think she'd handle Chicago!
22nd September 2006 04:30 PM
glencar Ooohhhh...when's L-ville?
22nd September 2006 04:30 PM
_Boomy_ Next Friday.
22nd September 2006 04:31 PM
glencar Wha-wha-wait a sec! Joshy's going to L-ville, not Chi-town.
22nd September 2006 04:35 PM
Jumping Jack What's wrong with a horny Little T&A?
22nd September 2006 04:36 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
What's wrong with a horny Little T&A?

JJ only you would come up with that. I love it.
22nd September 2006 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

^ post of the week!
22nd September 2006 04:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

Trust me, you don't want that!
22nd September 2006 05:45 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
Holy shit, I forgot about Louisville!

My mom's goin' to her first Stones show!

Louisville will definitely get "Dead Flowers". The Stones seem to like to do songs that namecheck the place they're playing.

22nd September 2006 07:20 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Louisville will definitely get "Dead Flowers". The Stones seem to like to do songs that namecheck the place they're playing.

Including your namesake in Charlottesville. Outstanding performance.
22nd September 2006 08:09 PM
glencar Boston got Midnight Rambler...
22nd September 2006 10:52 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
if they bring in the horns on Sway. I walk.

Even though I started this thread, I'm late in viewing the video.

Oh...my...god...it's unbearably bad.

It would be one thing if Keith were playing the guitar and hitting bum notes.

But why....why....why does he need to do this routine - on T&A of all tunes - where he HOLDS a guitar but just leans against the mike without playing the guitar, as if this is a song to CROON to.

This is disappointing beyond words.
22nd September 2006 10:55 PM
Lethargy
quote:
jb wrote:

Keith has had way too many yes men, and I am sure Mick would never confront him over his abyssmal playing. I would not be surprised if his people tell him how "great" that sounded...when everyone tells you how great you are, you tend top beleive it, when the facts say loud and clear otherwise...

His solo riffs aren't so bad in and of themselves. It's just that NO ONE IN THE STONES IS PLAYING FREAKING RHYTHM GUITAR, and that's what Keith is supposed to be known for.

When I watch this video and listen to the audio of it, all I hear are backup singers, bass, drums, and weak lead guitar, NO RHYTHM GUITAR.

I'm stunned.

It wasn't like this in any other tour, including 97, 99, 2000+. This is a new low.
22nd September 2006 10:57 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I agree. Sort of.... I'm glad they shook things up and played it. I actually dont mind if it sounded sloppy. Just dont add horns to it.

No more horns please

its like pouring Robitussin on lobster.

Sloppy guitar playing is one thing. Non-existant guitar playing is another. 1981 was sloppy. This wasn't sloppy. This was pathetic.
22nd September 2006 11:43 PM
winter It wasn't just the horns, fucking back up singers on T&A - wtf?

I love keith, but those of you who were surprised that ronnie carried Keith on Wednesday night are fucking delusional. 3/4ths of every show I have seen during licks and ABB (about 15 shows), Ronnie outplayed keith - that is a fact.

wintah
23rd September 2006 04:53 AM
FotiniD Some people just can't be satisfied.

You've watched a 30-second mediocre quality video and you all go on about how Keith sucked and this and that.

I trust Sweet Virginia and if she says it wasn't good, then it wasn't good indeed. BUT, it was the first time the guy played the song in what, some 25 years? What do we expect? The eighties version?

Give him some time for crying out loud. He'll improve it, I'm sure he will. They shoud ditch the horns, I insist. They take all the raunchiness out of the song and this song is supposed to sound raw and raunchy. LSTNT is right, we all nag about how they don't add songs we wanna hear and when they do we nag that they don't have what it takes to play them. What exactly do you want people? The Stones to wake up tomorrow and be 30 years old again? Well it's not going to happen, so be a little more realistic.

And for God's sakes, all those theories that Keith's accident was more serious and that they went on the road in spite of that... You think any insurance company would cover their asses if that was the case? Or that Keith or the rest of the Stones would risk going out of the road if Keith had such a serious condition?

I have seen and heard them live and I can assure from my own experience the man looks and sounds alright. Anyone can have an off night or an off moment, but you can't blame it on brain damage... And just read the reviews, everyone seems to agree Little T&A was the only lower point. Only natural, if you ask me. Give him some time and stop whining.
23rd September 2006 07:02 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
horns one Little T&A????? WHY???? WHY??????
WHY?????????????????????????

well, to keep the horn players busy, to earn they're pay.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)