ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little T&A Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd September 2006 02:34 PM
LSTNT
quote:
chevysales wrote:

i believe he did the same in hartford if i remember correctly

Yes he did come all the way down the catwalk in Hartfor for YCAGWYW - a magical show just like Gillette. I guess you had to be there. I wonder if all this 2nd and 3rd hand reporting of facts also works in the courthouse?
22nd September 2006 02:35 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Yes he did come all the way down the catwalk in Hartfor for YCAGWYW - a magical show just like Gillette. I guess you had to be there. I wonder if all this 2nd and 3rd hand reporting of facts also works in the courthouse?

Did you just listen to/view direct evidence????
22nd September 2006 02:36 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

__________-

Ouch! Fortunately, few cases actually go to trial. Settlements are the name of the game, where facts are mere interpretations, and bullshit is king...
22nd September 2006 02:39 PM
glencar Did you see McGreevey on Ophra the other day?
22nd September 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did you see McGreevey on Ophra the other day?

No..........he was on Larry King last night with his life partner from Australia...he is a fine man.
22nd September 2006 02:41 PM
glencar Our fist gay POTUS?
22nd September 2006 02:44 PM
PeerQueer He is pretty pathetic. I didn't see him on Oprah as I don't watch her show - she annoys the hell out of me.

another gay politician...-yawn-
jb Rosie O'Donnell is taken over 'The View"...she is very aggressive!!!
Mel Belli Poor video-quality notwithstanding, that "T&A" was atrocious. Wow.

NB: When I hear Keith do that little three-note guitar lead he always does - where he alternates ineffectually between the root and the minor-third - I think I'd like to shoot myself.
22nd September 2006 02:45 PM
jb
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Poor video-quality notwithstanding, that "T&A" was atrocious. Wow.

NB: When I hear Keith do that little three-note guitar lead he always does - where he alternates ineffectually between the root and the minor-third - I think I'd like to shoot myself.

Keith may have hit rock bottom on that one.
22nd September 2006 02:45 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you just listen to/view direct evidence????

I get a kick out of everyone wanting to hear the songs from the past, begging they get put into the setlist and then bitching about the version of the song, re: Sway and T&A. It's been 24 years since Little T&A was performed, did you honestly expect to hear the same version? No doubt Keith's skills have diminished but I'm thankful that he is still able to get up on stage for 2 hours and give us whatever he has left in his tank. It's not fair to compare them to who they were 30 years ago. I know I cannot do things I was able to do years ago. If the objection is the high ticket prices then just do not go to the shows. Mick & Co I'm sure are elated at a 95% house at Gillete considering this was the 5th show.
22nd September 2006 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

I get a kick out of everyone wanting to hear the songs from the past, begging they get put into the setlist and then bitching about the version of the song, re: Sway and T&A. It's been 24 years since Little T&A was performed, did you honestly expect to hear the same version? No doubt Keith's skills have diminished but I'm thankful that he is still able to get up on stage for 2 hours and give us whatever he has left in his tank. It's not fair to compare them to who they were 30 years ago. I know I cannot do things I was able to do years ago. If the objection is the high ticket prices then just do not go to the shows. Mick & Co I'm sure are elated at a 95% house at Gillete considering this was the 5th show.

I like high ticket prices!!!! I pay thousands to hear this crap!!! But we don't have to act like "wow, T&A was awesome" when most who have viewd it here agree it was the weakest moment of the concert...You know it's bad when SOL is a f---g highlight!!!!!!!!
22nd September 2006 02:49 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Hey, I went to three shows this tour, had a great time, and I'm an ABB defender. I just had to call this one as I saw it.
22nd September 2006 02:49 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Rosie O'Donnell is taken over 'The View"...she is very aggressive!!!

she has man hands!
22nd September 2006 02:50 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
jb wrote:

I like high ticket prices!!!! I pay thousands to hear this crap!!!

I need to put that in my little signature box, or whatever it's called.
Saint Sway
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

It's not fair to compare them to who they were 30 years ago.

whats not fair is charging $500 a ticket to see them
LSTNT
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Hey, I went to three shows this tour, had a great time, and I'm an ABB defender. I just had to call this one as I saw it.

Were you at the show ? It wasn't perfect but that video does not truly project the song.
glencar Lil T&A should just be tweaked - more geetar, no horns at all. Give Bobby & co a rest.
22nd September 2006 02:51 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

whats not fair is charging $500 a ticket to see them

As I said if you can't hack the ticket prices DO NOT GO
22nd September 2006 02:52 PM
glencar
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Were you at the show ? It wasn't perfect but that video does not truly project the song.

I was & that song stunk. I posted it as soon as I posted here the next morning. I quite liked everything else but that one stuck out BECAUSE it was so bad. It's like when Frankie did New York New York at the end of his career.
22nd September 2006 02:53 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:

I like high ticket prices!!!! I pay thousands to hear this crap!!! But we don't have to act like "wow, T&A was awesome" when most who have viewd it here agree it was the weakest moment of the concert...You know it's bad when SOL is a f---g highlight!!!!!!!!

I never said it was the highlight of the show, but is was in my opinion better than hearing a very good Slipping Away.
22nd September 2006 02:53 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

I wasn't, and you're no doubt right. But there is something about unofficial audio/video recordings - especially the ones at RS.com - that can lay a performance bare. It's the Linda McCartney Soundboard effect.

Edit: Yes, RS.com videos are "official, but you know what I mean.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
22nd September 2006 02:54 PM
LSTNT
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was & that song stunk. I posted it as soon as I posted here the next morning. I quite liked everything else but that one stuck out BECAUSE it was so bad. It's like when Frankie did New York New York at the end of his career.

I'm hopeful that they will have this down by the time Atlantic city rolls around. First time in 24 years, I'll take it.
22nd September 2006 02:54 PM
glencar
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

I never said it was the highlight of the show, but is was in my opinion better than hearing a very good Slipping Away.

I am glad I saw it. Keith is human after all.
22nd September 2006 02:55 PM
glencar
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

I'm hopeful that they will have this down by the time Atlantic city rolls around. First time in 24 years, I'll take it.

Will you meet the rest of us in ACY?
22nd September 2006 02:57 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I wasn't, and you're no doubt right. But there is something about unofficial audio/video recordings - especially the ones at RS.com - that can lay a performance bare. It's the Linda McCartney Soundboard effect.

I have every cd bootleg ever made and have over 600 Stones dvd's, I love them all but they can never capture the feel of the audience the groove going on. I'm not saying it was great, just happy he tried something new out and hopefully over time will sharpen this song up.
22nd September 2006 02:58 PM
jb This was the low point in Keith's painful to watch decline..a new artistic low. He has managed to ruin 'Happy" and now has made a mockery of a once coll song. He likes to dish it out on Mick, Ronnie, the great Mick taylor, but this guy, not Jagger , is a sad parody of a onece greta artists. he has let all of us down and caused us much embarrassment. Would you want that video seen by a none stones fan???? The rose, as they say, is completely off the bloom........
22nd September 2006 02:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

As I said if you can't hack the ticket prices DO NOT GO

I've paid over 10k this tour. For that, I reserve the right to call it as I see it.
22nd September 2006 02:59 PM
LSTNT
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will you meet the rest of us in ACY?

Am I still invited or will I be put in the corner to lean on guitar like Keith normally does during his set?
22nd September 2006 03:00 PM
glencar
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

I have every cd bootleg ever made and have over 600 Stones dvd's, I love them all but they can never capture the feel of the audience the groove going on. I'm not saying it was great, just happy he tried something new out and hopefully over time will sharpen this song up.

I think people are missing your essential point which I see as, yes, T&A sucked but I'm glad they took a risk. I agree 100% with you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)