ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Park, Boston 21st August - Setlist, Reports & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 21st, 2005 10:18 PM
Poplar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Three from VL.

i count 2
August 21st, 2005 10:19 PM
Madafaka Come on! Guys are back and rockin'!
August 21st, 2005 10:20 PM
Scottfree Why do we have to hear HTW and BS every damned time and hell for that matter YGMR (they have played this every tour, it sucks, how about something like Let me Go instead)? If we're going to hear something everytime do your best Gimmie Shelter...
August 21st, 2005 10:20 PM
Poplar 1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumblin Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of my Hand
7. Beast of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Heartbreaker
10. Night Time (Ray Charles cover)
Intros
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You Main stage moves out to B-Stage area during Miss You
14. Oh No, Not You Again
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky Tonk Woman Stage moves back to front during HTW
17. Out of Control
18. Sympathy for the Devil
19. Jumpin Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar
Encore
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
August 21st, 2005 10:21 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
T&A wrote:
spin it all you want, Mel - this setlist blows and you know it.

I wouldn't say it blows per se. I'd say it's too short for the money for charging. If Brian Wilson can play for two-plus hours in his emotionally fragile state, then surely the Stones can muster the stamina - especially at the prices they're charging.
August 21st, 2005 10:22 PM
full moon What do you mean " were not enough warhorses?" HTW, JJF, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, SFTD, Miss You, Start Me Up, YCAGWYW..... Jesus, they are a fucking oldies act for sure. What happened to the gritty rockers I loved????
August 21st, 2005 10:22 PM
Scottfree Horrible, this tour is a bust.....Ok not a bust, but a dissapointing set........
August 21st, 2005 10:23 PM
T&A not enough warhorses? They didn't miss a one!
Soldatti This is a STADIUM setlist folks!
They will not play Sway or Time Waits For No One, for god's sake.
Gazza
quote:
T&A wrote:
horrible setlist, folks. no other way around it. If I'd have paid $450 for this, I'd have asked for my money back. No imagination, no daringness, just a safe comfortable stroll through the warhorses, pretty much. Wow...and what a waste of a b-stage set - Satisfaction and HTW? You gotta be kidding.

agree but to be honest I wasnt expecting anything from a stadium show but "warhorses plus a few new songs". Thats how it is these days.

as we're not getting the "small medium and large" mixture of shows on this tour, I think that unfortunately we're now past the stage where the Stones are going to be comparatively imaginative in their setlists. Stadium shows will have a similar type of greatest hits format to those on the last tour I guess
August 21st, 2005 10:25 PM
T&A Man - to think I nearly traveled to Boston (from SF) for this - I would have been so mad for doing so now that I see the Stones have gone completely safe. Licks tour impressed me - unless things change up very dramatically on this tour, it will be a very sad way to bow out....
August 21st, 2005 10:25 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Gazza wrote:

agree but to be honest I wasnt expecting anything from a stadium show but "warhorses plus a few new songs". Thats how it is these days.

as we're not getting the "small medium and large" mixture of shows on this tour, I think that unfortunately we're now past the stage where the Stones are going to be comparatively imaginative in their setlists. Stadium shows will have a similar type of greatest hits format to those on the last tour I guess

The problem is for the amount of scratch the tickets are, moderate Stones fans aren't going to go, so why play all friggin Hot Rocks?
August 21st, 2005 10:26 PM
time is on my side It's opening night. It's a stadium show and they decided to play it safe with the warhorses they play every tour.
Hoping they get a little more adventurous in the arenas and future stadium shows.
Poplar
jesus, night one (1), folks - let's not lose sight of that.
T&A Gazza - can't say I'm shocked, either. But, they don't even play an arena show for like 6 or 7 shows...I'm not even sure watching these setlists getting posted will be worth it until then.
August 21st, 2005 10:27 PM
Poplar
1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumblin Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of my Hand
7. Beast of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Heartbreaker
10. Night Time (Ray Charles cover)
Intros
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You Main stage moves out to B-Stage area during Miss You
14. Oh No, Not You Again
15. Satisfaction
16. Honky Tonk Woman Stage moves back to front during HTW
17. Out of Control
18. Sympathy for the Devil
19. Jumpin Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar
Encore
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Its Only Rock n Roll
August 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
T&A wrote:
and not 1 tune, aside from Sat that is pre-69...man, I would never have thought they'd have so thoroughly distanced themselves from the glorious 60's.....

You overlooked Jumpin Jack Flash and Sympathy, but yeah, the Brian era is somewhat overlooked...

still, some people would argue that means theyre not relying on nostalgia so much...
[Edited by Gazza]
August 21st, 2005 10:28 PM
Taptrick
Looks like a fantastic opening night to me. At least 5 pre 69ers, 4 never-before-played during regular tour, some Ray Charles, songs from 12 different albums spanning 40 years, She's So Cold, a fantastic stage, a unique B-stage...and these guys are in their 60s (almost Ronnie). If I had anything bad to say about this I don't think I would consider myself a fan.
Awesome job boys!
August 21st, 2005 10:29 PM
full moon It sONLY ROCK N ROLL AND REPETITION!!! I HAVE SHIT MOTHERFUCKING LIQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scottfree Fenway really isn't a Stadium it holds around 38k if memory serves, it's a ballpark. Stadium shows, where European and American football is played I would understand the setlist.....
Poplar
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

At least 5 pre 69ers, 4 never-before-played during regular tour, some Ray Charles, songs from 12 different albums spanning 40 years

22 songs ... 2 hours on the money
August 21st, 2005 10:30 PM
Soldatti A "Forty Licks" set, 13 songs of the setlist are on the CD.
corgi37 21 songs is ok. SOme of them like Sympathy, miss u & YCAGWYW go on forever. Probably equivalent to 25 minutes running time. If they dumped 1 (miss you! miss you!) they could then do another 1-2 songs. And, i bet they do.

Gotta agree though. Fairly lame-ish set. Some good stuff like out of control and heartbreaker, but why they persist with Ygmr has me baffled. Also, very few ballads. Umm, if any? So surprised SOL wasnt done.

I am just dying to see footage of this. It will be on our Oz news tonight for sure. I'm trying to get a picture in my head to what the stage does.

Just presuming here, but i think they stuck with a fairly safe set to ease into the tour. Get used to the stage and lighting.
time is on my side It's Only Rock & Roll for an encore!!

They're playing every warhorse in the book.
August 21st, 2005 10:31 PM
Poplar
Wild Warhorses!
full moon Are they a Vegas act now? Fuck the lighting and play the tunes.......
Mel Belli I'd say they showed an impressive confidence in their material from the last 10 years. But, but, but: That shouldn't mean they can't strike a balance.

I'll say it again: The main problem is time, not song choice. They should be playing 2-and-a-half hours, and not a minute less. If they can't hack that on a tour so leisurely paced, then they should be charging A LOT less.
August 21st, 2005 10:32 PM
Some Guy great pictures!!
August 21st, 2005 10:33 PM
Snappy McJack Set-List from first stadium show on Licks (Gillette Stadium):

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don’t Stop
Honky Tonk Women
Rock and a Hard Place
Angie
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Monkey Man
I Can’t Turn You Loose
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
Shattered (B-stage)
Beast of Burden (B-stage)
Miss You (B-stage)
Midnight Rambler
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

----------------

How many of those songs are the same as tonight? At least they are playing some new material.
August 21st, 2005 10:33 PM
full moon Just put on of the dvds for $19.99 on and see the same show for ALOT less.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)