ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Park, Boston 21st August - Setlist, Reports & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 21st, 2005 10:33 PM
Gazza they made it to 22 songs, after all, then - although still well short of 2 hours it seems

ok..so that means 19 songs and 90 mins by Europe! ;-)
T&A Gotta question for the "rose colored glasses" folks that are happy with this setlist: What would be a lame setlist? I ask that question with all sincerity. Or, are you basically saying that any 22-song setlist by the Stones is a winner. I'm really curious. 'Cos I almost couldn't pick a setlist that would interest me less. Maybe that's just me....
Lord Homosex Look, I'm a pretty jaded motherfucker myself, but to regularly interrupt the excitment of opening night's thread of the setlist and first glimpses of the band, stage etc. with "This sucks and you know it" just blows IMO. Every 10 minutes post in with some tired cut. Bad enough once, but to stay logged in only to piss some vinegar...
It's great to see Jagger with the brim looking good.
Hopefully they'll add some different tunes next shows. No "Gimme Shelter"...
August 21st, 2005 10:36 PM
Some Guy The set lists will be different once the new album drops.
August 21st, 2005 10:37 PM
Soldatti A typical stadium show setlist, no surprises tonight and it's logic.
August 21st, 2005 10:37 PM
tumbling dice
I like the set list. I saw yesterday the set list of dress rehearsal so it´s not surprise me. I love to hear the new ones ,She´s so cold and Night life but i prefer Get up Stand Up to be the cover song
August 21st, 2005 10:38 PM
Snappy McJack But you know, they do have a lot of songs that "average" attendees know about. Maybe they just don't like playing some of the "secondary" war-horses?
August 21st, 2005 10:38 PM
Poplar
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
i prefer Get up Stand Up to be the cover song

word.
now lets get some damn reviews up in this mutha fucka!
August 21st, 2005 10:39 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
Set-List from first stadium show on Licks (Gillette Stadium):

Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Don’t Stop
Honky Tonk Women
Rock and a Hard Place
Angie
You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Monkey Man
I Can’t Turn You Loose
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Sympathy for the Devil
Shattered (B-stage)
Beast of Burden (B-stage)
Miss You (B-stage)
Midnight Rambler
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Street Fighting Man
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction

----------------

How many of those songs are the same as tonight? At least they are playing some new material.

The above setlist was a greatest hits setlist to support 40 licks. They've got what appears to be a great new album and, in my mind, they played too many of the same songs. Played it too safe.

I counted 13 songs that were the same tonight as opening night for Licks. However, this is just opening night. We'll have to wait and see what the future setlist look like.

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 21st, 2005 10:43 PM
T&A
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
Look, I'm a pretty jaded motherfucker myself, but to regularly interrupt the excitment of opening night's thread of the setlist and first glimpses of the band, stage etc. with "This sucks and you know it" just blows IMO. Every 10 minutes post in with some tired cut. Bad enough once, but to stay logged in only to piss some vinegar...
It's great to see Jagger with the brim looking good.
Hopefully they'll add some different tunes next shows. No "Gimme Shelter"...

What can I say, Homo, other than I'm a much more jaded motherfucker than you. Cheers.
August 21st, 2005 10:44 PM
Taptrick
wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha wha
August 21st, 2005 10:45 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
full moon wrote:
What do you mean " were not enough warhorses?" HTW, JJF, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, SFTD, Miss You, Start Me Up, YCAGWYW..... Jesus, they are a fucking oldies act for sure. What happened to the gritty rockers I loved????

That's eight songs. I don't know what the definition of "warhorse" is, exactly, but I'm pretty sure they have a lot more than eight. I'd be much happier with the set list if it had, say, six more songs. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, seriously. Would another half hour a night take that much of a toll on the band? It's not like they can't coast on a lot of these songs, giving Mick a chance to rest his voice.

I can't speak for the average Stones concertgoer, but I'd be willing to bet that the difference between 22 songs and 28 songs is the difference between a great night and an effing blindingly brilliant night.
August 21st, 2005 10:48 PM
Soldatti It seems that they didn't waste time, they didn't miss 10 minutes walking to the b-stage and coming back to the main stage.
August 21st, 2005 10:50 PM
corgi37 Ahh, i kind of agree. Leave out all the negative stuff until at least a couple of shows. If they persist with the same sort of list, then fair enough. I just figure they'd really play it safe opening night to ensure less musical stuff ups.

28 songs! Shit, even i couldnt handle that much. Why not 30? 40?

There was some no doubt way over done stuff that could/should have been rested (IORR, MISS YOU, YGMR, and maybe even START ME UP), but what the hell. Its a joyeous night. Just because you dont get EXACTLY what you want at Christmas, do you still whine? Or are grateful for getting anything at all.

Now, some one surely has footage of this stage moving. I'm dying to see it.
[Edited by corgi37]
August 21st, 2005 10:52 PM
T&A
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Just because you dont get EXACTLY what you want at Christmas, do you still whine? Or are grateful for getting anything at all.
[Edited by corgi37]

No, I'm a jaded mothefucker even at Christmas.
August 21st, 2005 10:53 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That's eight songs. I don't know what the definition of "warhorse" is, exactly, but I'm pretty sure they have a lot more than eight. I'd be much happier with the set list if it had, say, six more songs. Is that really too much to ask? I mean, seriously. Would another half hour a night take that much of a toll on the band? It's not like they can't coast on a lot of these songs, giving Mick a chance to rest his voice.

I can't speak for the average Stones concertgoer, but I'd be willing to bet that the difference between 22 songs and 28 songs is the difference between a great night and an effing blindingly brilliant night.

agree with you there...

i hope some more of the new tunes make it in the selist (sans sol) by the time the tour swings through here in a few months, but for opening night, the setlist looks fine...

i would rather see them nail a shorter set than flounder through a few extra numbers like the have in openers of the past...

and the stage looks sharp!

but i still wouldnt want to be in those onstage balconies...

i really want to hear how tight the performance was - i am much more concerned with that than i am a predictable setlist; i justr want to hear that they are firing on all cylinders...

i like what i see, though...

August 21st, 2005 10:53 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Just because you dont get EXACTLY what you want at Christmas, do you still whine? Or are grateful for getting anything at all.

Uh, better pick a different analogy. At $450 a pop, we've left the Christmas spirit far behind.
August 21st, 2005 11:01 PM
corgi37 Oh, you expected a 22 song set of rare "B" sides did you?
August 21st, 2005 11:02 PM
time is on my side quote]full moon wrote:
What do you mean " were not enough warhorses?" HTW, JJF, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar, SFTD, Miss You, Start Me Up, YCAGWYW..... Jesus, they are a fucking oldies act for sure. What happened to the gritty rockers I loved????
[/quote]

Actually you undercounted the warhorses, I would add TD, It's Only Rock and Roll, YGMR, which is at least 11.
August 21st, 2005 11:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh, you expected a 22 song set of rare "B" sides did you?

No! On the contrary. My armchair gripe is that I'd like to hear *more* - more warhorses, more rarities, more new songs, I don't care!
August 21st, 2005 11:07 PM
time is on my side Let me add there's nothing like attending a show by the ROLLING FUCKING STONES

I wish I had been there because I'm sure everyone there had a great, great time!!!! This is entertainment and that's what it's all about.
August 21st, 2005 11:09 PM
T&A
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Let me add there's nothing like attending a show by the ROLLING FUCKING STONES

I wish I had been there because I'm sure everyone there had a great, great time!!!! This is entertainment and that's what it's all about.

Oh, Please! what the hell kind of attitude is that!? :-)
August 21st, 2005 11:15 PM
time is on my side
quote:
T&A wrote:

Oh, Please! what the hell kind of attitude is that!? :-)

The best kind. It's all about whether YOU and not somebody else had a great time. It's about the experience and NO it's not necessarily about the setlist.

The STONES gave me a surprisingly good setlist in a show I saw in Amsterdam but the sound & performance was way below average.
August 21st, 2005 11:24 PM
ListenToTheLion Disappointing setlist. They play it safe. No real surprises. But that's what you could expect.
August 21st, 2005 11:25 PM
gypsy
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
August 21st, 2005 11:33 PM
T&A
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

The best kind. It's all about whether YOU and not somebody else had a great time. It's about the experience and NO it's not necessarily about the setlist.

just havin' fun with ya - lighten up....
August 21st, 2005 11:33 PM
Sue Peter Wolf, Steven Tyler, Carly Simon and other were backstage during the show
August 21st, 2005 11:38 PM
time is on my side
quote:
T&A wrote:

just havin' fun with ya - lighten up....

CHEERS!!! Got to go to work tomorrow. Let's hope for some better setlist in the future but, whatever it is, I'm always just glad to see them live whenever I can.
August 21st, 2005 11:43 PM
PeerQueer Shut the fuck up you whining piss n moan complainers!

The set list is fine.

Mick looks fantastic - as do all of them.

Stones are back - the new album is solid, maybe even damn good (I'm holding out final assessment until its released)

And I for one love Out of Control -- and hope it stays in many of the future shows, including the three I will be seeing soon!

Welcome back boys - especially you Charlie! Don't mind few sad ungrateful bastards that post in this joint.
August 21st, 2005 11:50 PM
corgi37 I will however really be sad if they do a similar set for the arena show. Hopefully by then, the new songs will have gained acceptance, and they can do some more newies.

I do mostly agree about the warhorses, but i am just overcome with joy they are still kicking.

Personally, if i ever hear IORR again, i will vomit.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)