ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway Park, Boston 21st August - Setlist, Reports & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 24th, 2005 03:28 PM
Gazza Opening night is now available for Bittorrent download on The Traders Den

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums...ead.php?t=11205

No doubt it will be made available by someone for everyone here, hopefully within the next few hours...watch the Bit Torrent thread at the top of the page for updates
August 24th, 2005 03:38 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
like the heineken itself, it's better to have the one made in the Netherlands.

Heineken is good. It goes down the drain so smoothly.
August 25th, 2005 12:26 AM
mac_daddy listening now...

i love the fact that arnie got booed by the crowd.

the new songs sound strong...
August 25th, 2005 01:11 AM
T&A some initial impressions after listening to first disc:

- guitars do seem more upfront.

- the least likeable (for me) 1-2-3 punch outta the gate I can ever remember. not so much in execution - just in setlist choice.

- sounds like an opener - tons of blown cues.

- heartbreaker is MUCH improved over Licks versions.

- she's so cold sounds remarkably like '81; a bit slower. mick needs to read the teleprompter on this.

- i like the new The Worst arrangement. It's a soprano sax that Ries adds to this. nice. Bernard's b/u vocs are spot-on. Ronnie is virtually absent on this one.

- Infamy has real promise. It's not there yet - but it's coming.

- Night Time is a mistake. I've heard far better versions by lesser acts. Nice idea...but it should be dropped.

- Back of My Hand steals the first half of the show, hands down. And, I believe this song will only get better - they're obviously still just beginning to work it out.
[Edited by T&A]
August 25th, 2005 01:30 AM
mac_daddy
chuck shows he is alive and well during htw...

:O
August 25th, 2005 01:42 AM
beer I like Infamy alot.

She's So Cold sounds surprisingly good!

-
August 25th, 2005 01:47 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
beer wrote:
I like Infamy alot.

She's So Cold sounds surprisingly good!

-

i agree with both statements...

_____

btw -

that title has got to be "in for me"

infamy makes no sense.

August 25th, 2005 01:54 AM
beer Guess its Keith's little play on words.

-
August 25th, 2005 02:46 AM
mac_daddy well, i just had the pleasure of listening to the source that was seeded today (thanks again, scott)...

notes on the performance:

better than the opening licks gigs, for sure, and tighter than the opening 81 gig, as well; definitely had some close-to-stellar moments; all indications are good that the band can do some really special things this tour...

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumblin Dice

- nothing too special, tumbling dice is the best of the bunch -

5. Rough Justice
6. Back of my Hand
7. Beast of Burden
8. She's So Cold
9. Heartbreaker
10. Night Time (Ray Charles cover)
Intros
11. The Worst (Keith)
12. Infamy (Keith)
13. Miss You Main stage moves out to B-Stage area during Miss You
14. Oh No, Not You Again
15. Satisfaction

well, the band really seems to dig on the new tunes, and the energy affects this part of the show. rough justice sounds betrer live than the delivery of the studio mp3 i have heard, they try hard with back of my hand, and i think that one will grow to be a classic, and oh no sounds better than it did at julliard. miss you sounds good. i really enjoyed doo doo doo doo. she's so cold is welcome, and bob is very well-played. i enjoyed satisfaction alot, too

16. Honky Tonk Woman Stage moves back to front during HTW
17. Out of Control
18. Sympathy for the Devil
19. Jumpin Jack Flash
20. Brown Sugar
Encore
21. You Can't Always Get What You Want
22. Its Only Rock n Roll

ooc is great! definitely the surprise of the show (for me)....

i like the two song encore. ycagwyw seemed flat to me, but iorr ripped...

the rest of this part of the show didnt do that much for me, however...

i wish i had been there, but it was not in the cards. it is wonderful to see all the folks from here that did get to go, and now you know there is a pretty good recording available to you as a momento...

August 25th, 2005 06:30 PM
jpenn11 I realize this is probably in a thread somewhere else, but has anyone been able to download the Rough Justice video from Yahoo? I got the impression it was from Sunday night.

I find it somewhat amazing that Jagger, who is usually such a control freak as to live releases historically, let Shattered and BOMH out so quickly. I was particularly surprised to see that RJ might be available. When could he have done the overdubs?

Edit: finally was able to d/l it. It goes right into Shattered, so I suspect BOMH is on it as well. Doesn't seem to play full screen though. (I'm not sure why the riff reminds me of a piece of Daytripper. Maybe I need to turn it up.)
[Edited by jpenn11]
August 26th, 2005 01:52 PM
Madafaka I enjoyed this Shattered version. Is clear and slower than another versions like '81/'82.
August 26th, 2005 09:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks Nicole
August 27th, 2005 01:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
August 27th, 2005 03:52 PM
throbby
August 27th, 2005 04:33 PM
throbby Back Of My Hand

August 27th, 2005 08:27 PM
throbby For Moonisup!

August 28th, 2005 12:33 PM
luxury1 HEads Up to All Fellow RO Slots!!

At Fenway One Mick opened the show wearing these blue satin, bootcut/jean style pants. He switched outta them mid-show to his usual black flimsy ones. At the Hartford show, he opened with the satin jeanstyle pants again, only in black. Let me tell you--they are nicely cut pants. And the blue really accentuates his...form...
I hope he continues to wear these. SOmething new for him, and he looked great in them. Check out the Back of my Hand photo above.
August 28th, 2005 01:03 PM
Moonisup
quote:
throbby wrote:
For Moonisup!

Thanks Throbby!
Great picture of my hero
and he hasn't got a seat! he had one on last tours
[Edited by Moonisup]
August 28th, 2005 02:50 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
HEads Up to All Fellow RO Slots!!

Thank you fellow Slot!!!

I'm liking the more form fitting style.

Oh yeah!!!

LJ.
August 28th, 2005 05:01 PM
throbby

August 30th, 2005 05:26 PM
bitotas New source tape for this show on dime.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=57522

The seeder promises torrent of 2nd Boston show in a few days.

August 30th, 2005 11:49 PM
beer
quote:
bitotas wrote:
New source tape for this show on dime.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=57522

The seeder promises torrent of 2nd Boston show in a few days.

The seeder for the new source rated it an 8 out of 10, but looking at the reviews from the people who downloaded it, it doesn't seem very good. One person said it sounded like an audience recording from outside the stadium!

-
August 31st, 2005 02:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Kevin Mazur/Wire Images with thanks to Gypsy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)