ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1972 Dominique Tarlé
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie has cancer Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
August 16th, 2004 02:01 AM
littleredrooster Get well Charlie!
I'm proud to have met you!
August 16th, 2004 06:35 AM
Jacques Get well soon Charlie.
We know you're strong and you'll kick it.
I think to you because such news are always sad, but a lot of people (more and more)have such disease. I also have a thought to your relatives and friends because I know it's very difficult also for them.
BE STRONG,
we are waiting for you for next shows and you'll do them.
Bon courage
August 16th, 2004 07:47 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The man is possibly the coolest guy in showbusiness for the simple reason that he is the living definition of the "anti-celebrity".

Hurricane Charlie will be drummin' up a storm again soon.

He is THE coolest out of the Stones, overall - easily!

He'll be fine I reckon..
August 16th, 2004 08:09 AM
shakedhandswithkeith Get well soon Charlie.
August 16th, 2004 09:27 AM
BILL PERKS BE STRONG INDEED!!!
August 16th, 2004 09:46 AM
Lil Brian Just heard the news...OMG.
Get well soon Charlie!
August 16th, 2004 09:51 AM
LadyJane I'm sure I'm not the only one who lurks at other Stones Boards. One admin is reporting, per his inside sources, that the Stones are "sugar coating" the news and Charlie is far more ill than we have been led to believe.

If anyone here has ANY inside info..PLEASE share.

I want the truth...even if it is bad.

I feel like my world is coming to an end.

LJ.
August 16th, 2004 10:00 AM
The_Worst
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who lurks at other Stones Boards. One admin is reporting, per his inside sources, that the Stones are "sugar coating" the news and Charlie is far more ill than we have been led to believe.

LJ.

Lady Jane,

I saw that too last night and it made me a bit more concerned...However, this is the internet and you never know for sure whats really the truth...Anyone know anything else?!?!
The_Worst
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who lurks at other Stones Boards. One admin is reporting, per his inside sources, that the Stones are "sugar coating" the news and Charlie is far more ill than we have been led to believe.

LJ.

Lady Jane,

I saw that too last night and it made me a bit more concerned...However, this is the internet and you never know for sure whats really the truth...Anyone know anything else?!?!
Gazza Saw the same story, which also mentions they won't tour next year. "Inside sources" are often right about selected pieces of information and not on others. It's happened lots of times.

I'm more happy to believe the story that kath posted on Shidoobee where one of Charlie's tentet (and she even mentioned the guy's name to me by e-mail) told her personally that Charlie was going to be ok, that radiotherapy is pretty much precautionary and wasn't worried about it. I consider kath a good source of info when it comes to Charlie.

The official press release even went as far as mentioning the band regrouping for recording sessions later in the year and touring in 2005. I don't think they needed to even tell us THAT much, but they did anyway. The fact that they relayed THAT information without being pressed on it is a good sign.
[Edited by Gazza]
August 16th, 2004 10:05 AM
jb I was sipping my coffee while reading the Sunday paper when I turned to the "People In The News" column, and I literally started shaking when I saw the headline. This is sad beyond words . My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to Charlie and his family. If anyone can beat this horrible condition, I'd put my money on Charlie-he has the inner strength, dicipline, temperment, and love of millions of fans to overcome this.

[Edited by jb]
August 16th, 2004 10:08 AM
F505 I think it is not very decent to talk about touring or album recordings at this time. Charlie Watts is seriously ill and I don't think anyone should be concerned about "trivial" issues like touring or recording right now. At least I am not. The only thing that counts is that Charly will recover. The rest is totally unimportant.
August 16th, 2004 10:13 AM
Gazza I agree with you, but thats not the point of what I just posted.

What I meant was the fact that the press release indicated that he had short term plans to work again with the band would suggest he's going to be fine.
August 16th, 2004 10:21 AM
F505 Gazza I know but I was talking in general
August 16th, 2004 10:31 AM
LadyJane Thank you Gazza.

I'm having a real hard time with this.

LJ.
August 16th, 2004 10:41 AM
Joey

Get Well Soon Charlie .............I'll say a prayer for you .
August 16th, 2004 10:47 AM
Lil Brian DON'T STOP!!!

[Edited by Lil Brian]
August 16th, 2004 10:49 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
If anyone can beat this horrible condition, I'd put my money on Charlie-he has the inner strength, dicipline, temperment, and love of millions of fans to overcome this.

Excellent post, jb!
Not to mention the support of his loving family and friends. Get well soon, Charlie!
August 16th, 2004 10:54 AM
exile

Get well Soon Charlie
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

August 16th, 2004 11:49 AM
Martha Charlie is going to make it through this. I have no qualms or bad feelings about it...and I can usually if not always trust my gut reaction.

My Mother had to have precautionary radiation treatments after her uterine cancer surgery. This is how they treat cancer oftentimes nowadays.

It all sounds good for Charlie from what I know about cancer in general.

He's lucky that they/he caught it early.
:-)

God Bless you Charlie Watts!

peace,
Martha

August 16th, 2004 11:59 AM
Nasty Habits Best wishes, thoughts, and continued health for Charlie Watts.
August 16th, 2004 01:01 PM
Soldatti All the recording plans are gone for me, Charlie's health is first.
August 16th, 2004 01:26 PM
steel driving hammer Charlie Watts Rules.

Dear Doctor; It should be Ringo, not Charlie.
August 16th, 2004 02:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot My Grandmother is 82 years old. She had a spot on her lung, and some cancerous polyps in her throat. She had surgery back in Feb. She had radiation & chemo in March. She only missed 3 days of work, and is back playing Bridge 3 nights a week. Except for a bum knee, she's the picture of health again.

Modern medicine is wonderous.

If my frail old Gram can beat throat AND lung cancer, so can Charlie Watts.

Best wishes Charles, I wish you well.

August 16th, 2004 03:07 PM
glencar What board was that report on, LJ?
August 16th, 2004 03:48 PM
Angiegirl Keno
August 16th, 2004 03:50 PM
glencar Thanks, Angie, I'll go check it out although I despise some of the posters over there.
August 16th, 2004 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Thanks, Angie, I'll go check it out although I despise some of the posters over there.

The Storm ?!?!
August 16th, 2004 03:58 PM
glencar No. Others. I read Keno's post. He does end with the caveat that he doesn't know Charlie's doctors & they're the ones who really know his prognosis. It doesn't look good for an album or even a tour at this point.
August 16th, 2004 03:59 PM
glencar Have I seen my last Rolling Stones concert? What a thought.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6