ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW STAGE !!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 5th, 2005 05:02 AM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

even more likely when you realise that pretty much the only people able to afford such seats are lawyers anyway....

Did you have someone in mind?
August 5th, 2005 08:40 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
While I agree that a stage like this might prove to be an awesome specatcle in a stadium, I also have to admit that would be only for the back. If the band is elevated so far above ground level, they will be invisible for the first 10 rows, and Charlie may not come into view until almost 1/3 of the way back into the field. I am not sure if even unflappable Mr.Cohl could handle the publicity back lash of thousands of $4xx seat holders getting what is essentially an obtructed view for outlandish prices.

Is this why some first few rows were sold for $99?...Suddenly my 2nd rows in Toronto dont look so great if they will be so high I cant see'em!!!!!
August 5th, 2005 09:23 AM
Maxlugar [quote]gimmekeef wrote:

Is this why some first few rows were sold for $99?...Suddenly my 2nd rows in Toronto dont look so great if they will be so high I cant see'em!!!!!

WORD!

If I can't see the entire band from my first row Duke seat I will dedicate my life to destroying any credibilty this band still has left.

August 5th, 2005 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
What retard thought that one up?

"Hey lets build a stage that puts them four stories above the crowd!"

Jesus fucking christ.

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

Flacky Carson

|
|
|
V

August 5th, 2005 09:42 AM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT stage is kind of weird, i wonder (if this is even the stage) how it will have anything to do with the Bigger Bang stuff, if having anything to do with it at all.
August 5th, 2005 10:10 AM
Mr Jimmy The initial shock has worn off and the more I look at the stage design, it's obvious that there's a lot missing. The Stones always have runways in front of the speakers and along the sides of the floor which aren't included in the drawings. I'm beginning to think that what looks like the main stage (high platform with pillars) really isn't the main stage at all... or at least it's just part of it and the majority of the main stage will consist of a lower level, and larger, platform that will also extend in front of the speakers and the side run ways. Thoughts from any one else out there?
August 5th, 2005 10:42 AM
jb OMG-to be on that stage would be a dream come true!!! I will wave to all of you and give the birdie to my enemies!!! Only jealous people would claim they would not want to be up there....sore losers!!!!
August 5th, 2005 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
eXiLe oN 2nD sT wrote:
stage is kind of weird, i wonder (if this is even the stage) how it will have anything to do with the Bigger Bang stuff, if having anything to do with it at all.

I trust Mick will pay a visit to his very special on-stage guests, especially when he sees the enthusiasm I exhibit at these events..plus my authentic Keith bracelet and white gold ring will stand out....I also will doi what I call my "slide dance" which is simply undescribible.
August 5th, 2005 11:10 AM
nankerphelge "I also will doi what I call my "slide dance" which is simply undescribible"

And we won't have to pay extra for that??

Wow -- Bonus!

August 5th, 2005 11:13 AM
corgi37 Music? Since when does music get in the way of a good show?
August 5th, 2005 02:14 PM
JaggerLips Looks as though it's going to be huge!!!

The European tour can't come soon enough!
August 5th, 2005 02:17 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
OMG-to be on that stage would be a dream come true!!! I will wave to all of you and give the birdie to my enemies!!! Only jealous people would claim they would not want to be up there....sore losers!!!!

Very wrong this time. The stage has nothing to do with the music that's gonna be played. Better a lousy stage with good songs than a huge showy stage with warhorses and streets of love!
August 5th, 2005 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Very wrong this time. The stage has nothing to do with the music that's gonna be played. Better a lousy stage with good songs than a huge showy stage with warhorses and streets of love!

The Stadiums are alwasy War Horses.... a given. Sadly, this time, not even the casual fan will care to listen....they have hit rock bottom as far as appeal for a band of their legendary career.............bringing in Metallica says it all...we can't sell out any venue over 15k ................
August 5th, 2005 02:27 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

The Stadiums are alwasy War Horses.... a given. Sadly, this time, not even the casual fan will care to listen....they have hit rock bottom as far as appeal for a band of their legendary career.............bringing in Metallica says it all...we can't sell out any venue over 15k ................

I promise you I'll have to vomit when hearing IORR, JJF, S ,SMU and BS for the 10,000th time in a row!
August 5th, 2005 02:35 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

I promise you I'll have to vomit when hearing IORR, JJF, S ,SMU and BS for the 10,000th time in a row!

BUt at least you have SOL!!!
August 5th, 2005 02:42 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>What retard thought that one up?

"Hey lets build a stage that puts them four stories above the crowd!"

Jesus fucking christ.<<<

Well, I wouldn't call Charlie and Mick retards, as they typically have their hands in the design of the stage. As for the height, I'm sure it's not as high as it looks on the drawing. But, this could explain why the first 10 rows were priced at $90 bucks or so. Also, the design just looks like the skelton part of the stage. I'm sure there will be much more to it like video screns, cool draperies and much eye candy! It looks like there are going to be 2 pods above the stage where the On-Stage seats will be. I'm sure we will be getting a much better look at this monster in the next week or so as more plans become availble.
August 5th, 2005 02:45 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

BUt at least you have SOL!!!

That's the limit. This will be the first tour since 1976 I won't attend!
August 5th, 2005 02:49 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Don't you want to walk the streets of love for a thousand years???
August 5th, 2005 02:52 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

Don't you want to walk the streets of love for a thousand years???

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 5th, 2005 02:52 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Ypu'll go..just like me, you like the punishment of seeing you idols made a mockery of...
August 5th, 2005 02:53 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
I just hope they play some good music.

NOW people, that stands for the post of the day....

Gret design, I've got completely astonished, but reasonably, I think that's just an another excuse to charge our pockets HARD......

Developing.....
August 5th, 2005 02:54 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>OMG-to be on that stage would be a dream come true!!! I will wave to all of you and give the birdie to my enemies!!! Only jealous people would claim they would not want to be up there....sore losers!!!!
<<

So what makes you think that you will be on the stage anyway? From my understanding, it's going to be a lottery type of deal where they convert seats anywhere in the stadium to on-stage seats randomly.
August 5th, 2005 03:01 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loathe and despise you then.
August 5th, 2005 03:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
[...]
So what makes you think that you will be on the stage anyway? From my understanding, it's going to be a lottery type of deal where they convert seats anywhere in the stadium to on-stage seats randomly.

fair enough....
August 5th, 2005 03:03 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

I loathe and despise you then.

August 5th, 2005 03:28 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT I hope you go to the Pay Per View, jb... they should zoom in on you during the Harlem Shuffle as you do ur "Slide"

PS - I WILL BE TAKING NOTES!
August 5th, 2005 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
Happy Motherfucker!! wrote:
>>OMG-to be on that stage would be a dream come true!!! I will wave to all of you and give the birdie to my enemies!!! Only jealous people would claim they would not want to be up there....sore losers!!!!
<<

I thought it was offered at 1250-1750 a ticket.
August 5th, 2005 04:19 PM
Mr Jimmy You'll be able to buy tickets as well as win them.

Hey JB... If Mick climbs the stairs to your balcony and serenades you with Streets Of Love, will you still perform the slidey dance?
August 5th, 2005 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I also will doi ( sic ) what I call my "slide dance" which is simply undescribible ( UNBELIEVABLE sic ).

This may cause Mick & the boys to consider scrapping the entire tour ......................altogether !

J. " Snuggles " Jackyfly ! ™
August 5th, 2005 04:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
OMG-to be on that stage would be a dream come true!!! I will wave to all of you and give the birdie to my enemies!!! Only jealous people would claim they would not want to be up there....sore losers!!!!

LOL..not for a two fuckin' grand ego-trip I wouldnt
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)