ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW STAGE !!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 4th, 2005 05:03 PM
bootcover

[/
August 4th, 2005 05:18 PM
GimmeExile Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the ground! Now I'm really looking forward to the stadium shows...and the arenas will feel as intimate as a club after experiencing a stage design like that in Giants Stadium.

August 4th, 2005 05:21 PM
keithriffhard that's insane, no band has ever done something like this before or even thought of it for one
August 4th, 2005 05:22 PM
Poplar
woah!
August 4th, 2005 05:23 PM
Madafaka Wow! Thank you so much, great info
August 4th, 2005 05:24 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
keithriffhard wrote:
that's insane, no band has ever done something like this before or even thought of it for one

That's why the Stones are doing it first?
August 4th, 2005 05:26 PM
charlotte now that's what I call "a motherfucker of a stage"!!!!!!
August 4th, 2005 05:29 PM
Poplar
a few thoughts/questions:

1) it doesn't look as "tall" as steel wheels, judging by the elevation pic.
2) where are the video screens?
3) what's up with the columns around the center stage area?
4) is Mick safe on that thing?
August 4th, 2005 05:33 PM
Gazza first thing that jumps put isnt the stage design but the fact that on each of these sketches it gives a date of 19th May 2005

Even at the press conference 9 days earlier, Mick and Cohl seemed very vague about the stage design and how the whole concept of getting 400 people on to the stage was going to work

Seems strange that a few days later the idea is finished

In the past theyve still been working on the design of the stage up until shortly before the start of the tour (see the Four Flicks documentary)

Could these designs in fact be merely an early rough draft? I'd be very surprised if they had the thing designed 3 months in advance
August 4th, 2005 05:49 PM
pdog I think the rumors of more than on alt. or b-stage were at least true in these early prototype sketches. The top down looking view in one clearly shows two catwalks out into the crowd.
Who knows what they'll have for the arenas.
August 4th, 2005 05:49 PM
Child of the Moon Sweet zombie Jesus... I dunno what to think about that beast.
August 4th, 2005 05:54 PM
nankerphelge Alright -- so why are those two giant lighting riggings sticking way out over the crowd when there is no stage out there?

Something's missing -- wonder if there will be two walkways out into the crowd like U2 did.

Stage looks way up in the air too!
August 4th, 2005 05:55 PM
Poplar
quote:
pdog wrote:
The top down looking view in one clearly shows two catwalks out into the crowd.

Neah, those are the light "pods" that hang over the stage. see the profile shot.

and yeah Gazza, it was clear that in Boston they tinkered right up till before the show... but with something THAT big, tinkering may be tuff. i'm thinking this is an early design.

hell - we need some fact-finders with cameras to check Boston area plane hangars, cause you know they're building this bitch somewhere by now.
August 4th, 2005 06:04 PM
Maxlugar What retard thought that one up?

"Hey lets build a stage that puts them four stories above the crowd!"

Jesus fucking christ.

August 4th, 2005 06:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
What retard thought that one up?

"Hey lets build a stage that puts them four stories above the crowd!"

Jesus fucking christ.

^^^ POST OF THE DAY ^^^
August 4th, 2005 06:52 PM
keithriffhard that's true that's kind of a smart way to look at it, but that's also right these may just be rough drafts because of all the things everyone's pointed out
August 4th, 2005 07:06 PM
Saint Sway I'm sure these are pretty darn close.

if you recall in the 40Flicks doc - all they were really finalizing right up before show time was the lighting and the floor design.

so I'm sure theres going to be tweaks right up to the last minute but this is probably the real deal. I remember Jagger saying on the rs.com site how the stage looked like a NYC apt bldg with all these balconies. Well, turns out the balconies are the $2,000 "onstage" seats!!!

there just better be a b-stage cuz I bought my annual spot next to the b-stage for MSG
August 4th, 2005 07:12 PM
kahoosier While I agree that a stage like this might prove to be an awesome specatcle in a stadium, I also have to admit that would be only for the back. If the band is elevated so far above ground level, they will be invisible for the first 10 rows, and Charlie may not come into view until almost 1/3 of the way back into the field. I am not sure if even unflappable Mr.Cohl could handle the publicity back lash of thousands of $4xx seat holders getting what is essentially an obtructed view for outlandish prices.
August 4th, 2005 07:19 PM
charlotte I hardly doubt that will be the case...
August 4th, 2005 07:44 PM
Riffhard This is a very confusing rough draft of the stage,and until we actully see photos of it I think that it's all just guess work as to how it will really look. There is no way that the first dozen rows will not get to see the band. I'd wager that the lowest section of this stage will actully be the "tech pit" that as always existed. If so that would put it below stage level,and out of sight. I must say that I am a little concerned about the lack of a B-stage though. That does not bode well. Where exactly are these on stage seats anyway? It looks as if they are on the ramps on either side of the stage I guess? Weird design for sure. I really think that the actual photos will give us a better perspective. Not to panic Macky!

Riffhard
August 4th, 2005 07:55 PM
Poplar
a bunch of drunk fans on balconies? don't bet on it...
unless they WANT to get sued when some dumb ass goes flying.
August 4th, 2005 08:05 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
there just better be a b-stage cuz I bought my annual spot next to the b-stage for MSG

This is just the stadium stage, who knows what they're doing for the arenas. I suspected only one of the two venue types will have a b-stage... At least they're keeping me curious about everything!
August 4th, 2005 08:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
pdog wrote:

At least they're keeping me curious about everything!

yes, they certainly keep us guessing...
August 4th, 2005 08:26 PM
monkey_man I agree that the people in the front of the main "stage" are going to need their necks rewired staring up at a stage 2-3 stories above them. As far as 2K per ticket to be on the stage that price better come with an open bar and hookers backstage. . . .jesus!
August 4th, 2005 09:53 PM
Soldatti OMG!
Great design this time, impressive.
August 4th, 2005 10:03 PM
corgi37 That

is

just

i'm speechless.
August 5th, 2005 12:17 AM
LadyJane Incredible.......as usual...I cannot wait for Fenway.

RO will be well represented.

LJ.
August 5th, 2005 12:20 AM
Daethgod man lets hope the boys film this tour.

i still love the opening on the Bridges Live DVD

BOOM !

then the riffing begins...

August 5th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

a bunch of drunk fans on balconies? don't bet on it...
unless they WANT to get sued when some dumb ass goes flying.

even more likely when you realise that pretty much the only people able to afford such seats are lawyers anyway....
August 5th, 2005 04:50 AM
blackandblue I just hope they play some good music.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)