ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Thejuf
Warm-up gig yesterday
© Virgin Records with exclusive authorization to Forty Licks and Rocks Off
With very special thanks to Thejuf for getting the authorization!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE NEW STAGE !!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 5th, 2005 04:30 PM
gimmekeef If I'm sitting second row and cant see a thing...the bottle tossong during Timberlake will seem like nothing!..Imagine if true..a guy thats paid a scalper like $2500 a piece walks up and bingo!..Fuck I cant see them way up there!!!!!!!!!Riots will break out I'm tellin ya
August 5th, 2005 04:44 PM
Ghostzapper The stage SUCKS!They should provide everybody in the first 10 rows neck braces.
August 5th, 2005 04:46 PM
Joey
quote:
Ghostzapper wrote:
The stage SUCKS!They should provide everybody in the first 10 rows neck braces.

POST OF THE YEAR !!!!
August 5th, 2005 04:49 PM
Mr Jimmy "things are not what they seem"
August 5th, 2005 04:52 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

POST OF THE YEAR !!!!

The tour is a bust
August 5th, 2005 05:04 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

The tour is a bust

August 5th, 2005 05:04 PM
winter kids,

I may be way wrong here, but my interpretation of the diagrams is that they are drawings of the stage up - so that they depict the view from the floor of the stage going up. Charlie will be somewhere near those pillars. The floor of the stage and the supports under it are presumably another omitted drawing.

It just seems to make a heck of a lot more sense that way to me.

Anyway else see it that way?

wintah
August 5th, 2005 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
winter wrote:

Anyway else see it that way?

No ! .... FRIG NO !!!!!!

NOBODY else sees it that way --- You Be Drinkin' ?!?!?!

Where is me Dope ?!?!?!

Sturscee
August 5th, 2005 05:07 PM
winter In fact, look that the last drawing - it says front elevation down at the bottom below the pillars - which I believe is referring to the height of the stage.

I don't have any background in this stuff so wtf to I know.
August 5th, 2005 05:09 PM
winter Joey,

Look at the last diagram. Also, if the other interpretation is correct, some of those on stage seats are gonna suck - they'd be close to 1/2 the width of a football field away from the near place the stones could get to. Not worth $1,250 imo.

wintah
August 5th, 2005 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
winter wrote:

I don't have any background in this stuff so wtf to I know.

August 5th, 2005 05:11 PM
Joey
quote:
winter wrote:
Joey,

Look at the last diagram. Also, if the other interpretation is correct, some of those on stage seats are gonna suck - they'd be close to 1/2 the width of a football field away from the near place the stones could get to. Not worth $1,250 imo.

wintah

August 5th, 2005 05:12 PM
winter Joey,

Nice one - that's me in about 10 mins.

wintah
August 5th, 2005 05:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Ypu'll go..just like me, you like the punishment of seeing you idols made a mockery of...

jb- you are currently hauling ass, at a great rate of speed down the streets of hate. But just ahead, past the streets of discouragement you will see an exit. Slow down or you might miss it, the streets of love is just ahead on the right. Be very careful, they are full of tears.
If you pass Publix you missed it.
August 5th, 2005 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
winter wrote:
Joey,

Nice one - that's me in about 10 mins.

wintah

Amen Wintah !!!!!!

It is almost " Pub Time " .

J. fly !
August 6th, 2005 03:33 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

All is forgiven, let's be friends !
August 6th, 2005 05:29 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
jb- you are currently hauling ass, at a great rate of speed down the streets of hate. But just ahead, past the streets of discouragement you will see an exit. Slow down or you might miss it, the streets of love is just ahead on the right. Be very careful, they are full of tears.
If you pass Publix you missed it.

if you pass the Piggly Wiggly, there's no turning back.
August 6th, 2005 06:15 PM
lotsajizz as far as ego trips which one will remember on their death bed...that ain't so bad

August 7th, 2005 07:39 AM
corgi37 One good thing is, IF they come here, its only the arena set, so we wont have to worry too much about it at all.

Seems a very odd design. I mean, if people are so far up, not only will they see fuck all, they will hear fuck all.
August 7th, 2005 07:44 AM
Daethgod ive been wondering who will buy these on stage tix ?
after all wouldnt all the hardcore $$ spending Stones fans ALREADY paid for their tix ???

August 7th, 2005 10:24 AM
gimmekeef I'm just going to show up in Detroit..They'll be begging everyone to come up on stage!..Then I 'll tell them for $1250 I will!!!!!
August 7th, 2005 12:47 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:

All is forgiven, let's be friends !

August 7th, 2005 02:03 PM
bootcover

Bijgaande tekst:

Alright Allready, I was going to write a big story about my day, I will still do that because what I saw really gives my a completley better understanding of why I paid almost $500.00 a ticket for our seats on the floor. The number of crew and what goes on with the production and building absolutley mind blowing. They have been going 6 days a week with 3 meals a day over 100 from all over staying in local hotels......... the cost to put on a show like this must be absolutley huge. Thus prices for tickets reflect the production. Absolutley incredable, 60 Large Trucks traveling all over the states and canada followed by another 15 bus loads of crew to put everything together.

Please don't complain about the cost of your tickets, It really is amazing what is involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, there are not many pictures but you can get the just of what it looks like, and please note that the stage is not extremely high as it seems in the drawings shown. There is definitley a passage to the B stage and as far as getting tickets on the stage I will let you make your own assumptions.

Enjoy,
A Toronto Fan
Point of View

PLEASE NOTE THAT I ONLY TOOK ONE PICTURE BECAUSE I DONT THINK I WAS REALLY SUPPOSED TO TAKE THEM AND DID NOT WANT TO CAUSE A PROBLEM, SO TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT IS AND JUST RELAX, IT WILL BE THE MOST AMAZING STAGE EVER!!!!!!
August 7th, 2005 02:33 PM
MrPleasant Wonderful job, bootcover. Thanks!
August 7th, 2005 02:50 PM
Riffhard Wonderful jod indeed bootcover! Where exactly were these shots taken? Isthat the stadium in Ottawa? Are they just setting it up for a trial run in those shots? It's obviously not Fenway. Where it be?

Riffhard
August 7th, 2005 04:48 PM
Poplar good UNDERCOVER work!

back in 97, i had a chace to go "behind the scenes" when they were setting up for Charlotte. the manpower involved really can't be overstated. a field full of semi trucks, each with its own task: the Rolling Stones catering crew, the Rolling Stones billiard team, you name it... hell, just the amount of people required for setting all the field seating up, not to mention that huge babylon stage. it was an amazing sight indeed, and changed the way i think about the business end of it all ... i imagine a tour like this probably costs twice as much now as then (gas, etc being more expensive.) no small/cheap affair.
[Edited by Poplar]
August 7th, 2005 08:50 PM
Mr Jimmy Thanks bootcover.

I went to look for the stage at the airport the other day but I couldn't find the right hangar. Thanks for the first look!
August 7th, 2005 09:37 PM
Mr Jimmy Well... figured out I should be thanking pointofviewspot (shidoobee) as the one who shot the photos.

Thanks!
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]
August 7th, 2005 10:23 PM
Poplar
i think it looks goofy - but i guess i need to see it at the end of a football field/arena first.
August 8th, 2005 08:04 AM
Gazza >. The number of crew and what goes on with the production and building absolutley mind blowing. They have been going 6 days a week with 3 meals a day over 100 from all over staying in local hotels......... the cost to put on a show like this must be absolutley huge. Thus prices for tickets reflect the production. Absolutley incredable, 60 Large Trucks traveling all over the states and canada followed by another 15 bus loads of crew to put everything together.
Please don't complain about the cost of your tickets, It really is amazing what is involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh please. Give me a break. Of course it costs a lot to put such a show together - but in real terms it would have cost more in terms of overheads in 89, 94 or 97 when they were leapfrogging the country with about three stadium stages, playing 5 nights a week instead of three and werent doing indoor shows at all.

To say the staging costs for a tour with barely about half of the shows taking place outdoors justifies $500 a ticket is nonsensical and psychophantic in the extreme.

Anyway, I pay money to listen to the music, not to look at pyrotechnics or vast lumps of metal. Having something spectacular to look at hardly justifies having ticket prices 3-4 times more than what almost everyone else charges
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)