ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Last Post Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
13th July 2007 11:51 PM
Fiji Joe I will never forgive Ten Thousand Motels for running Sir Stoneslot off the board...never!
13th July 2007 11:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels No. I happen to think that FPM and SS are wrong for quitting. But that's just a personal opinion. They can do what they want to do. If I thought that they quit for the right reasons I wouldn't give a fuck. I kind of followed that "fight" with FPM at Max's politics board. I would have quit too if they were that pricky and insulting to me. But on the other hand once you start to talk politics you can expect that sort of thing.
14th July 2007 12:03 AM
mrhipfl politics? I thought this was a rock n' roll board?
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I will never forgive ....

Well thats the difference between you an me....I'm a christian ....I always forgive...I have to ...no ....
I'm over powered by the primal urge to get even........
Nellcote Motel 6 is not to blame.(sorry Motels, I just AAA'd you rating...)
SS is acting like Bill Wyman, you don't leave, you have to die in this thing.
He will see the error of his ways....
14th July 2007 12:10 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
No. I happen to think that FPM and SS are wrong for quitting. But that's just a personal opinion. They can do what they want to do. If I thought that they quit for the right reasons I wouldn't give a fuck. I kind of followed that "fight" with FPM at Max's politics board. I would have quit too if they were that pricky and insulting to me. But on the other hand once you start to talk politics you can expect that sort of thing.

Goddamit! This what he is saying to you man! Why didn't you listen before it was too late?

14th July 2007 12:13 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Well thats the difference between you an me....I'm a christian ....I always forgive...I have to ...no ....
I'm over powered by the primal urge to get even........

You have New Kids on the Block Posters on your wall don't you?
14th July 2007 12:27 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
I kind of followed that "fight" with FPM at Max's politics board. I would have quit too if they were that pricky and insulting to me.

Well you must not have followed too closely..or you missed the part where he said the only reason he was posting was to fuck with people and that he gave a rat's ass about the stones...or maybe you missed the part where he deliberately tried to keep others from meeting and greeting in New York because he wasn't gonna party with any republicans...nah man...he was a prick...and he got pricked back...and then he folded...laud that as you wish...but he wasn't no Che Guevara...
14th July 2007 12:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels But seriously. That's the fucking truth. I can't remember ever thinking rationally about anything in life without trying to factor the Rolling Stones into the equation. My mother was an Elvis nut....God have mercy on our souls. If I had been around 10 years earlier I'd have been around at the beginning.
14th July 2007 12:29 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Hell no .... Stones posters. I was a Rolling Stones fan long before you were born. That's why you don't get the jokes and I do.

The jokes?...I get you...uh I mean the jokes just fine...I just with the joke wouldn't post 100 cut and past articles a day
14th July 2007 12:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
But seriously. That's the fucking truth. I can't remember ever thinking rationally about anything in life without trying to factor the Rolling Stones into the equation. My mother was an Elvis nut....God have mercy on our souls. If I had been around 10 years earlier I'd have been around at the beginning.

But it doesn't matter now. As far as I'm concerned they can take me outta here anytime. I had my fun.
14th July 2007 12:33 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
But seriously. That's the fucking truth. I can't remember ever thinking rationally about anything in life without trying to factor the Rolling Stones into the equation. My mother was an Elvis nut....God have mercy on our souls. If I had been around 10 years earlier I'd have been around at the beginning.

Aren't you the one who has never been to a show?...how do you reconcile that with that?
14th July 2007 12:35 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:

But it doesn't matter now. As far as I'm concerned they can take me outta here anytime. I had my fun.

You alright man?...you need a drink?...Cause I'll buy... I generally do
14th July 2007 12:37 AM
Maxlugar
quote:

Did you just reply to yourself? I'm pretty buzzed but I'd swear you just did. You 'kay?
14th July 2007 12:39 AM
BILL PERKS BYE!
14th July 2007 12:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
14th July 2007 12:51 AM
LadyJane Get the fuck outta here.
SS is leaving in a Drama Queen fit???

Beneath you, M.
Stick it out.
The creme rises to the top.

It IS about Rock N Roll.
The spirit is right here in the people you have met.

Your knowlege of music is legendary.
You gonna blow that because of the greedy deterioration of the Band??

The STones may have sold out.
YOu haven't.
Neither have I.

be strong and stick it out.

love,
LJ.

14th July 2007 12:54 AM
Nellcote LJ, from the crease, she shoots, she scores....!!!
No one ever leaves Rocks Off....unless they have a metal detector....SS?
14th July 2007 01:01 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The STones may have sold out.
YOu haven't.
Neither have I.

Wait, I'm starting to think some of you people think the Stones sold out in 2007. Are you serious? They sold out way before the internet even existed. Why is everyone so crazed about this? Them playing a command performance for Deutsche Bank does NOTHING to harm rock and roll or what they've accomplished as a band. The market determines the price. If the Rolling Stones were not so great, Deutsche Bank would never bother. And if I were the Stones and I were on tour anyway, I wouldn't miss a beat doing this. I'd be thinking of providing not only for my kids, but my grandkids and their grandkids. And oh, are bankers not rock and roll fans? What is this 1920? All this Deutsche Bank employees at that show grew up with the Stones, I guarantee it. Are you kidding me? Anyone older than the Stones is retired by now. Let them rock. It didn't harm me or my love of the Stones in anyway.
14th July 2007 01:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >They sold out way before the internet even existed.<
Hell, the Stones were born sold out.
14th July 2007 01:07 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Wait, I'm starting to think some of you people think the Stones sold out in 2007. Are you serious? They sold out way before the internet even existed. Why is everyone so crazed about this? Them playing a command performance for Deutsche Bank does NOTHING to harm rock and roll or what they've accomplished as a band. The market determines the price. If the Rolling Stones were not so great, Deutsche Bank would never bother. And if I were the Stones and I were on tour anyway, I wouldn't miss a beat doing this. I'd be thinking of providing not only for my kids, but my grandkids and their grandkids. And oh, are bankers not rock and roll fans? What is this 1920? All this Deutsche Bank employees at that show grew up with the Stones, I guarantee it. Are you kidding me? Anyone older than the Stones is retired by now. Let them rock. It didn't harm me or my love of the Stones in anyway.

A whackjob once told me that I couldn't be a real stones fan because he perceived me to be a "republican"...With all this naysaying of late about "corporate gigs" and profiteering, one might be inclined to say the converse is true...that is, that said whackjob can't be a real stones fans because he's a democrat...one might be inclined to say that...if one were a foaming at the mouth lunatic...but this one isn't...so I say...one heart...rock n' roll!
14th July 2007 01:08 AM
LadyJane This All need to be settled in the Chat Cave...forthwith

LJ
14th July 2007 01:12 AM
Fiji Joe I'm going in
14th July 2007 02:29 AM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I never thought I would get here. My very last message board post.

The Rolling Stones that I love are gone. They've been gone for years, but I deluded myself into putting up with it.

I guess everyone has their limits. I reached mine. I probably reached my limit last year sometime...but I was able to ignore for a while.

I just can't ignore it any more. I don't know why...I just can't.

I love what The Rolling Stones once were. I hate what they have become. Where once the mere mention of The Stones would make me giddy as a schoolgirl...now I just roll my eyes...or worse, I get about half pissy. And that just should not be.

Rock n Roll should be fun. The Stones have ceased to be fun for me. That is wrong. So I'm not gonna stay all wrapped up by The Stones. I'll always love the music...back when it was worth loving. I'll still play those songs that I dig. But I'm done giving them so much time and effort...because quite frankly...The Stones aren't worth it anymore.

There is no reason for me to stay and piss on everyone elses good time. My attitude about The Stones has become caustic, and I don't want to spread that. I don't want to be a negative vibe merchant. If you can accept and enjoy The Rolling Stones for what they have become...more power to ya, have a blast. The Stones just don't fit my vision of Rock n Roll anymore. If they fit your vision, then I am sincerely happy for you. Believe me, I wish I was happy for me too.

For those who have my email...I'm not changing it. Feel free to drop me a few lines now and then. If you have my digits, feel free to call any time. If you are on MySpace, you can always reach me there too. www.myspace.com/sirstonesalot

I always thought my loyalties were to The Rolling Stones. I have discovered that my loyalties were actually always to Rock n Roll....or what my idea of Rock n Roll is. If The Stones don't want to fit in that idea anymore, then I can live without them. But I can't live without my Rock n Roll.

So be well my friends. Good luck in all you do.

If you want a new photo of me topless, all you have to do is ask.
14th July 2007 05:02 AM
egon ss,

don't be such a little bitch

LOL
14th July 2007 08:56 AM
Maxlugar People should ask themselves two questions before turning on the Stones for this particular event:

1) Would the Stones of 1965 have done this gig? Hells yes, IMHO.

2) Wouldn't it have been worse if they gave a FREE concert for Deutsche bank? Hells yes again.

14th July 2007 10:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
People should ask themselves two questions before turning on the Stones for this particular event:

1) Would the Stones of 1965 have done this gig? Hells yes, IMHO.

yes, because they needed the money. And they would have been right to do so (they're still perfectly entitled to do so)

However, they still played about 300 shows in theatres that year so their fanbase were still easily able to see (and afford to see) them at such close quarters anyway.
14th July 2007 10:30 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gypsy wrote:

If you want a new photo of me topless, all you have to do is ask.

Can I have one?
14th July 2007 10:45 AM
corgi37 Goodbye!
14th July 2007 10:56 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

yes, because they needed the money. And they would have been right to do so (they're still perfectly entitled to do so)

However, they still played about 300 shows in theatres that year so their fanbase were still easily able to see (and afford to see) them at such close quarters anyway.

I don't think it's up to us to decided whether they need the money or not. How do we know they aren't quietly donating it? Or how do we know they aren't losing huge amounts of money on bad investments or land deals? We don't. Rumor has it Ronnie is pretty bad off, for instance.

And regarding the fanbase, well apparently it has expanded to rich bankers and global banking institutions who are willing to pay millions for them. So what?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)