ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Last Post Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
14th July 2007 08:47 PM
sirmoonie More C10 down the posting drain. Make the bleeding stop!
15th July 2007 07:12 AM
speedfreakjive wise move SS, all the best
15th July 2007 08:33 AM
Some Guy SS don't go out lame and tarnish your legacy, I feared you man.
15th July 2007 08:34 AM
corgi37 He'll be back. All the "I'm leaving" guys come back.

Like Prodigal Son's.
[Edited by corgi37]
15th July 2007 08:45 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Does all this mean that Sir Stoneslot must change his name?...I mean by his own admission he does not Stonealot any more...he Stonesalittle...he Stonesnowandthen...but he does not Stonesalot

He is my pal..and he got me started on Stones boots...so I will lead the charge to find him a new name

A few suggestions:

Sir Supernova

Sir Supersucker

Sir Saves-many-people-who-would-otherwise-die-without-his-help

Any further suggestions?

Sir Billen
15th July 2007 09:51 AM
Yap Yap Who the FUCK cares? Its only rock&roll.

Wow, I said fuck, in caps no less. Can't do that at IORR.
15th July 2007 10:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
He'll be back. All the "I'm leaving" guys come back.

Like Prodigal Son's.
[Edited by corgi37]

Once again, words of wisdow by "The King".
15th July 2007 10:04 AM
_Boomy_ No more Playboy Posts.
15th July 2007 10:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
No more Playboy Posts.

no more asiat playmates..no more rock n roll new bands to discover,no more pics of Stonesy's great car and no more Ian RNRHOF.
a sad day, indeed!
15th July 2007 11:02 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You can't go, all the plants will die.

Funny!
15th July 2007 12:51 PM
lotsajizz his Nova was totally bitchin'!!!!!
15th July 2007 01:37 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
his Nova was totally bitchin'!!!!!

That thing is ace. Top-notch wheels.
15th July 2007 02:01 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
No more Playboy Posts.

In honor of SS, he would of wanted it this way

15th July 2007 02:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We're gonna miss you Sir!

I had the opportunity to meet Sir Stonesalot in person in NYC and traded with him, I even got some great compilations from him; we're losing one of the best and as some told you in this threaq, if the reason you leave is the lack of interest in the Stones just remember that here you have good friends so feel free to comeback anytime buddy
15th July 2007 06:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You can't go, all the plants will die.

.....and then , Depression set in !!!!

********** Cue Bernstein Music **********

Joey Stripes ! ™
15th July 2007 06:18 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
More C10 down the posting drain. Make the bleeding stop!

My Ass !!!!!!!!

Once C10 --- ALWAYS C10 !!!!!!!!!

( ...... kinda like the KGB Ronnie )

Joey Putin

15th July 2007 06:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sir Stoneaslot aka Cardinal Ximénez reads Rocks Off since we had the printed edition only! And let me tell ya... He really enjoyed it!

15th July 2007 06:47 PM
Factory Girl SS, we've known each other forever it seems. You were one of the first folks I met at Gasx3 when I started posting (don't get mad).

You're such a great guy in so many ways. We kinda "grew up" together on these boards.

You should stick around.

FG!
15th July 2007 09:21 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

And as far as what I was saying to Max, who, and if I misquote here Max I apologize, but I think he says he genuinely does not see where some are coming from in terms of feeling like there are ethical issues involved here, let me clarify:

No I can see why people feel this way. I'm just stating my opinion that there have been many many reasons along the way to come to the realization that the Stones are very much into the money end of this business. I'm not even going to waste my time typing them all out. I've always liked them for the sounds they make and the performances they put on. Still do. Bill Gates can pay them 40 billion dollars to play his pet hamsters birthday party and I'd not change my feeling for their music. I'd certainly not leave a message board over it either.
15th July 2007 11:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Just because it's you Maxy...I owe you at least a reply.

Maxy, it's not about the music. I'll always love the music.

And I realize that Stones Inc has been around for decades. Nothing new there.

But that isn't it either.

It's that The Rolling Stones don't even pretend anymore. They don't even try. They used to, at least, pay lip service. But they can't even bring themselves to go to that effort anymore. If they can't even do that, then I can't pretend to ignore all the Stones Inc. horseshit.

The Rolling Stones are not a Rock n Roll band, they are a corporation. Worse yet, The Rolling Stones are uncool. I can't abide that.

I'm too busy with the rest of my life to waste any more time on them. I have bigger and better fish to fry, and a car to drive really fast.

So am I being idealistic and overly dramatic? Yeah, guilty as charged. But hasn't SS always been that way?

Yes, I might miss the friends that I have made on these boards from time to time. However, if those people are really my friends...we don't need a message board to keep in touch. Besides, I have actual real flesh and blood friends to spend time with. Lots of 'em, in fact. Since I am done with Stones Inc., I'm also done with Stones summits. There are no more trees or trading, everything is done by DL now.

So what's the point, ya know? I'm movin' on down the road. I think you will all do just fine without me.

Again, I wish you all nothing but the best.

And I want to give a special thanks to Voodoo, Gazza, and Jazz...and you too Maxy...for giving me a place to be SS.

L8r,
M
15th July 2007 11:59 PM
mojoman
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Just because it's you Maxy...I owe you at least a reply.

It's that The Rolling Stones don't even pretend anymore. They don't even try. They used to, at least, pay lip service. But they can't even bring themselves to go to that effort anymore. If they can't even do that, then I can't pretend to ignore all the Stones Inc. horseshit.

The Rolling Stones are not a Rock n Roll band, they are a corporation. Worse yet, The Rolling Stones are uncool. I can't abide that.

I'm too busy with the rest of my life to waste any more time on them. I have bigger and better fish to fry, and a car to drive really fast.

So am I being idealistic and overly dramatic? Yeah, guilty as charged. But hasn't SS always been that way?

Yes, I might miss the friends that I have made on these boards from time to time. However, if those people are really my friends...we don't need a message board to keep in touch. Besides, I have actual real flesh and blood friends to spend time with. Lots of 'em, in fact. Since I am done with Stones Inc., I'm also done with Stones summits. There are no more trees or trading, everything is done by DL now.

So what's the point, ya know? I'm movin' on down the road. I think you will all do just fine without me.

And I want to give a special thanks to Voodoo, Gazza, and Jazz...and you too Maxy...for giving me a place to be SS.

L8r,
M

fare thee well...........
16th July 2007 12:04 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Just because it's you Maxy...I owe you at least a reply.

L8r,
M

Ha ha, got you to post!

Tee to the Hee!

16th July 2007 12:06 AM
souldoggie I need glasses, I thought this thread was titled "The Last Poets". Remember them?...a curious little outfit from New York, circa the late 60's. Certainly this thread would have been a tad more interesting, don't you think?
16th July 2007 12:30 AM
The jinn, my friend. So did the Board of Director's tell Keith loose the stash?
Was he paying a levy every day he wore it?
Does the BoD let them choose their underwear and has the underwear choice been a form of rebellion?

Do they call the parent company Papa and was it a rolling stone?
16th July 2007 09:50 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I need glasses, I thought this thread was titled "The Last Poets". Remember them?...a curious little outfit from New York, circa the late 60's. Certainly this thread would have been a tad more interesting, don't you think?

Considering their music appears in Perfomance, I am pretty sure most around here have encountered them before.

This is for MOOOOOOOOOOOONIE!

16th July 2007 09:56 AM
Joey " And I realize that Stones Inc has been around for decades. Nothing new there.

And I want to give a special thanks to Voodoo, Gazza, and Jazz ..and you too Maxy...for giving me a place to be SS.
And a special thanks to the Joey for being ... well , .... Joey

[/quote]

Thanks SS

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAZZY CAKES ! ™
16th July 2007 10:31 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I'm going in

16th July 2007 11:37 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Can you go just one thread without being such a flaming cocksucker?
16th July 2007 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Can you go just one thread without being such a flaming cocksucker?

I just do NOT understand . Why ?! .... WHY ?!

So much hatred and vitriol in this world of ours ...... when all the Joey does ..... is love .

|
|
V

" The Joey only LOVES Ronnie ! "

Joeykins !
16th July 2007 12:03 PM
polytoxic Well I hear ya, SS. I think we all do.
I too have had the epiphany that my loyalty is to rock'n'roll itself and not to any one band. As Gazza said, it's fun to bitch, and we all know RO is the board that lets it all hang out.

Part of me thinks that the excoriating of the band we love (while quite deserved) is also part of the process of letting go of the Stones. Yeah, it's cod amateur psychology, but there may be a bit of "you can't fire me, I quit" action going on. Because it is so fucking over after the London shows. That said, count me among the pissed that it seems to be ending in greed and apathy and sex and sex and sex and sex....whoops, got carried away there.

Anyways, one undeniable fact remains: Even based solely on the years 1962-1981, and there's been lots of good since then, the Stones would still rate as the Greatest Rock 'N' Roll band of all time. That's something I don't see changing for a long time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)