ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Ferenc Puskas Stadium, Budapest 20th July 2007
© NOL.hu / Kovács Bence with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Deutsche Bank private show July 12th Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
10th July 2007 08:57 AM
Gazza As we revealed a couple of weeks ago, the Stones' corporate show on July 12th (the 45th anniversary of their debut at the Marquee ) will be for Deutsche Bank. It will take place at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Barcelona/Default.htm)

It's full circle I suppose. 45 years on and they're going to play to another audience who couldnt give a toss about them..

To add insult to injury, it seems that this show, the only 'small venue' the Stones are playing in 2007 may well be an acoustic set!

Newspaper article here (in (Catalan) Spanish) -
http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=46&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=423137&idseccio_PK=1026

See also - http://www.iorr.org/news.htm

.and before anyone asks, I don't think anyone will be texting in the setlist.....

[Edited by Gazza]
10th July 2007 09:15 AM
SweetVirginia Who's the taper for this show?

Do banker/wankers own taping gear?

10th July 2007 09:53 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As we revealed a couple of weeks ago, the Stones' corporate show on July 12th (the 45th anniversary of their debut at the Marquee ) will be for Deutsche Bank. It will take place at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Barcelona/Default.htm)

It's full circle I suppose. 45 years on and they're going to play to another audience who couldnt give a toss about them..

To add insult to injury, it seems that this show, the only 'small venue' the Stones are playing in 2007 may well be an acoustic set!

http://www.elperiodico.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=46&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=423137&idseccio_PK=1026

.and before anyone asks, I don't think anyone will be texting in the setlist.....

[Edited by Gazza]

You don`t get mad amigo!

We`re only in it for the Music, OK?

Moneytalks!
10th July 2007 10:35 AM
luxury1 Not to fret, Gazza. They are merely "practicing" in front of the stiffs to get the feel of an acoustic set, before they bring it to the fans...
10th July 2007 10:41 AM
Gazza I admire your optimism!
10th July 2007 10:52 AM
open-g
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Who's the taper for this show?

Do banker/wankers own taping gear?

They do own high-end recording gear but they don't know how to use it.

it starts off with: rtfm!
10th July 2007 12:01 PM
egon acoustic set as in elevator music..?

nice in the background when you're enjoying your bratwurst with potatos....
10th July 2007 12:07 PM
Jeep Gran Salo Gaudi in Hotel Arts (Barcelona's ballroom - capacity : 1,400)

[Edited by Jeep]
10th July 2007 12:10 PM
Joey " Not to fret, Gazza. They are merely "practicing" in front of the stiffs to get the feel of an acoustic set, before they bring it to the fans... "

< ----- I admire your optimism!

Me too Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

Oh , ... Oh , Lil' ... Little Fiji ....

...Lil' Fiji !!!!

10th July 2007 12:36 PM
F505
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As we revealed a couple of weeks ago, the Stones' corporate show on July 12th (the 45th anniversary of their debut at the Marquee ) will be for Deutsche Bank. It will take place at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona (http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/Barcelona/Default.htm)

[Edited by Gazza]

A typical case of weeping crocodile tears Gazza. The Stones are a money machine for many years now so Deutsche Bank is a perfect opportunity. They're not in for the music and you know it because it's common knowledge. So why keep playing the upset fan?
10th July 2007 01:04 PM
luxury1 I highly doubt I would turn down a few million bucks for two hours work...

What concerns me about the band is their seeming jones for maniacal adulation/hero worship so glaringly on display on the Biggest Bang dvd (especially those hot-blooded Latin types). I dont know whether they could ever "give that up" to perform intimate gigs...
[Edited by luxury1]
10th July 2007 02:48 PM
twicks1 Funny...this acoustic "corporate gig" could turn out to be the most interesting show of the whole ABB tour.
10th July 2007 02:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
F505 wrote:

A typical case of weeping crocodile tears Gazza. The Stones are a money machine for many years now so Deutsche Bank is a perfect opportunity. They're not in for the music and you know it because it's common knowledge. So why keep playing the upset fan?

"Playing", my arse!
10th July 2007 02:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I highly doubt I would turn down a few million bucks for two hours work...

If I was worth $350 million, I probably would, actually....
10th July 2007 03:00 PM
twicks1 Wasn't it John D. Rockefeller who, when they asked him how much money was enough, said "Just a little bit more"?
10th July 2007 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If I was worth $350 million, I probably would, actually....

Let's not kid ourselves here, we all knwo 350 million does not go as far as it did in 2003....this is a necessary gig to take!
10th July 2007 03:18 PM
jostorm To be honest: I couldn't give a flying fuck, and I don't understand why you get upset about it at all....

Besides, I'm not getting on another fucking plane for a while...and certainly not for the Stones. If I can't walk or take the train to it, I ain't going.

Let The Deutsche Wankers sing the wrong lyrics to Satisfaction without us, who cares...Plus: It would be like watching your wife do a trick on a perfect stranger in an alleyway, no? So I'd rather not watch...

(BUT: if you should find out that they played an immaculate acoustic set and played ten songs they had never played live in the last twenty years, then do us all a favour and keep it to yourself, just in case I do care a teensy little bit....)
10th July 2007 03:19 PM
Factory Girl I'm working with DB now. They suck.
10th July 2007 03:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I'm working with DB now. They suck.

Did they not get you a ticket?
10th July 2007 03:29 PM
twicks1 Seriously, if this all-acoustic show does happen, what are they going to play? Hardly any of the warhorses, that's for sure.

The whole "acoustic" angle sounds kind of dubious. Like suddenly they're gonna crank out "Street Fighting Man" and "Spider and the Fly" without having played them in years?
10th July 2007 03:31 PM
Sid Vicious
10th July 2007 03:39 PM
Mr Jurkka It would be good that stones would do like few that size of gigs on this tour..
10th July 2007 03:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:
It would be good that stones would do like few that size of gigs on this tour..

But not playing for DB. Hell not.
Well, they did a few back at the Licks tour. But that same setlist every clug gig got boring.
10th July 2007 03:45 PM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:

(especially those hot-blooded Latin types).

I like / enjoy the hot - blooded Latin types .

It is True . I do .
10th July 2007 03:50 PM
pdog 15 song setlist?
10th July 2007 03:53 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:
15 song setlist?

My money is on 12.
10th July 2007 04:25 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

But not playing for DB. Hell not.
Well, they did a few back at the Licks tour. But that same setlist every clug gig got boring.

it actually varied quite a bit, take a look at the setlist page as evidence
10th July 2007 04:27 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

My money is on 12.

that seems to be the over/under......and I'll take the "under"
10th July 2007 04:28 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Did they not get you a ticket?

I've no ticky tick from DB, those crazed FX bastardants.
10th July 2007 04:54 PM
MidnightRambler Pretty sad that they're

1.) playing a room THAT small while people eat dinner

2.) play an acoustic set for bankers and not fans that'd appreciate it more

Yeah, what in the world will they play? They hardly have much songs currently on the set lists to convert to an acoustic set. Even if they haven't had time to rehearse any new songs...that audience ain't gonna notice/care about the flub ups.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)