ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Ferenc Puskas Stadium, Budapest 20th July 2007
© NOL.hu / Kovács Bence with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Deutsche Bank private show July 12th Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
12th July 2007 02:22 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Tarped, more like...

You sound a bit annoyed...
12th July 2007 02:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

You sound a bit annoyed...

Gazza seems on edge today. He is obviously upset that Voodoo has not posted his tent picture for us as per my request!
12th July 2007 02:24 PM
Gazza No. Just being my cynical, sarcastic self.....
12th July 2007 02:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Gazza seems on edge today. He is obviously upset that Voodoo has not posted his tent picture for us as per my request!

I have the day off. More time to loiter around and make inane posts!
12th July 2007 02:25 PM
Dan
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

essentially the Who are less of a money making entity though, surely?

When you figure in that The Who do more shows in a week, have a smaller production and only split the pie 2 ways, I wouldn't be surprised if the principals are walking away with a similiar amount for a 1 year tour.
12th July 2007 02:27 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I had a similar experience at a Dylan concert two summers ago, I couldn't recognize one song....show did not sell well (even at $50 per ticket)!

Did you storm out of the concert and demand a refund?
12th July 2007 02:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What exactly is the difference compared to working days?
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I shall take part of the afternoon off tomorrow and take the kids downtown. I shall not be responding to posts, sadly, from Friday afternoon (CDT) until Monday early AM.
Jeep Video inside the Museum, nice stage :

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=12828863

12th July 2007 02:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Did you storm out of the concert and demand a refund?

No, I got my money's worth with Willie Nelson during his opening set. We did leave before Dylan did any encores.

I rarely, if ever, demand refunds, because ultimately the original purchase was made by me knowing full well the potential for dissatisfaction.
12th July 2007 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Video inside the Museum, nice stage :

http://www.antena3.com/a3noticias/servlet/Noticias?destino=../a3n/noticia/noticia.jsp&sidicom=si&id=12828863

I envision some of the "higher ups" cutting the line and having a table put right in front for them (see: Goodfellas)
12th July 2007 02:38 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Dan wrote:

When you figure in that The Who do more shows in a week, have a smaller production and only split the pie 2 ways, I wouldn't be surprised if the principals are walking away with a similiar amount for a 1 year tour.

what I mean is that IMO The Stones' music is more catered for money making, in a commercial sense, than The Who.
12th July 2007 02:38 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

No, I got my money's worth with Willie Nelson during his opening set. We did leave before Dylan did any encores.

I rarely, if ever, demand refunds, because ultimately the original purchase was made by me knowing full well the potential for dissatisfaction.

What do you predict the audience will get at this show?
12th July 2007 02:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

what I mean is that IMO The Stones' music is more catered for money making, in a commercial sense, than The Who.

Watch the opening credits for either of the three highly rated network shows CSI (and CSI: Miami, CSI: NY) and perhaps you will think differently, no?
12th July 2007 02:40 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Watch the opening credits for either of the three highly rated network shows CSI (and CSI: Miami, CSI: NY) and perhaps you will think differently, no?

take a look at worldwide single and album sales of both groups, and skewer for amount of time as a working band and material made, and I think you will agree with me, no?
12th July 2007 02:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:

What do you predict the audience will get at this show?

a fairly safe setlist that will not go 30seconds beyond the contracted time.

If the acoustic show happens (and I am not sold on this), I wouldnt expect much that they havent played in the last 2-3 years.

This was the setlist from the private show they did in Vegas in 2002, nothing out of the ordinary:

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
All Down The Line
Dead Flowers
You Can't Always get What You Want
Live With Me
Street Fighting Man
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Tumbling Dice
You Got Me Rocking
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar (encore)
12th July 2007 02:49 PM
Bitch The bankers are wankers,
every Thursday night
They just vomit on that ground
12th July 2007 02:50 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Bitch wrote:
The bankers are wankers,
every Thursday night
They just vomit on that ground

thats a good one B
12th July 2007 02:53 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

a fairly safe setlist that will not go 30seconds beyond the contracted time.

If the acoustic show happens (and I am not sold on this), I wouldnt expect much that they havent played in the last 2-3 years.

This was the setlist from the private show they did in Vegas in 2002, nothing out of the ordinary:

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
All Down The Line
Dead Flowers
You Can't Always get What You Want
Live With Me
Street Fighting Man
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Tumbling Dice
You Got Me Rocking
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar (encore)

Any idea what's on the menu? Give us the inside scoop Pug.
12th July 2007 02:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

take a look at worldwide single and album sales of both groups, and skewer for amount of time as a working band and material made, and I think you will agree with me, no?

I am not arguing that the Stones are commercially more successful, we have won gross several years! I am suggesting that if you look at "The Who's" recent setlists, it is set up just like the Stones, to cater to the common fan. Put this into account that they have no problem pimping their songs out to make a buck...they may not be just as big of a commercial success, but they are in the team photo, no?
12th July 2007 02:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Any idea what's on the menu? Give us the inside scoop Pug.

Chicken and Waffles
12th July 2007 03:00 PM
Altamont
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Chicken and Waffles

Chuck and Blondie's nicknames?
12th July 2007 03:01 PM
mmdog http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/11/06/MN38005.DTL&type=music

This shit has been going on a long time. The article I linked above is from '99. Some bands are almost doing these instead of tours. Dylan was getting a mil in '99.
12th July 2007 03:02 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
mmdog wrote:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/11/06/MN38005.DTL&type=music

This shit has been going on a long time. The article I linked above is from '99. Some bands are almost doing these instead of tours. Dylan was getting a mil in '99.

aye,
12th July 2007 03:07 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am not arguing that the Stones are commercially more successful, we have won gross several years! I am suggesting that if you look at "The Who's" recent setlists, it is set up just like the Stones, to cater to the common fan. Put this into account that they have no problem pimping their songs out to make a buck...they may not be just as big of a commercial success, but they are in the team photo, no?

Strange, the 2 recent WHO shows I saw was at least half new material off an album that sold even less than ABB
12th July 2007 03:14 PM
Joey
" We must learn to adjust to the current market .. just bend over and take the price increases or protest by not going....spending the money and then complaining about it just makes you part of the system. "

{ Joey now hunched over his computer , face a bright red , and giggling to himself }

D.J. Jacky Joe Joe Bean !

12th July 2007 03:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Strange, the 2 recent WHO shows I saw was at least half new material off an album that sold even less than ABB

I was thinking more to the tours before the dreadful new material was released.

The New Who is, sadly, "WORST WHO EVER", no?

Sorry Ronnie.
12th July 2007 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was thinking more to the tours before the dreadful new material was released.

The New Who is, sadly, "WORST WHO EVER", no?

Sorry Ronnie.

You make Joey weep and shit liquid !

Why ?!

WHY ?!
12th July 2007 03:23 PM
gustavobala set list?

1- start me up
2- tumblin´dice
3- you can´t always get what you want-short version(5 minutes)
4- (un)happy - keith
4- honk tonk women
6- midnight rambler-short version (maybe 4 minutes)
7- brown sugar
8- jumping jack flash
9- satisfaction - long, long version (11 minutes: give me 1 time, PAN, two times, PAN PAN, ....ONE HUNDRED TIMES, PANPANPANPANPANPANPANPANPANPAN....)

good night, (where´s my money????)

[Edited by gustavobala]
12th July 2007 06:00 PM
open-g
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)