ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What do you think of this? (ZERO Stones Content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
17th June 2004 05:38 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Ass smells bad today .

Shiver ...................................

Perhaps a little U- U- U- Uncaking is in order ?!?!?!

Don't worry Lamby , I plan to have the situation worked out by " S & G " June 27th .

J. Caked

is gypsy trying to steal my business????

17th June 2004 05:48 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

is gypsy trying to steal my business????

********* BLANK STARE ***********
17th June 2004 05:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

********* BLANK STARE ***********

I forgot what I am responding to. I cannot be bothered to check...

17th June 2004 06:06 PM
Bloozehound
quote:

I forgot what I am responding to. I cannot be bothered to check...

Have you told Someone about your new look ?
17th June 2004 06:22 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

Have you told Someone about your new look ?

no

17th June 2004 09:37 PM
Bloozehound
quote:

no

17th June 2004 10:54 PM
glencar Tremendous rainstorms tonight. Tres scaree.
18th June 2004 12:32 AM
MarthaMyDear Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=sassy&x=23&y=14

One entry found for sassy.
Main Entry: sassy
Pronunciation: 'sa-sE
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): sass�i�er; -est
Etymology: alteration of saucy
1 : IMPUDENT, SAUCY
2 : VIGOROUS, LIVELY
3 :
distinctively smart and stylish

For More Information on "sassy" go to Britannica.com

Get the Top 10 Search Results for "sassy"

Pronunciation Symbols

ROCK STAR JERSEY BRUCE AND THE SASSY PRINCE OF BOCA!!! lol........ :P Both Libras... lol.......... LOL!!!!! As is Will Smith!!! lol........ ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
18th June 2004 10:17 AM
not bound to please Madonna Chooses 'Esther' As New Name

Thu Jun 17, 9:56 PM ET

NEW YORK - Call her Esther: That's the Hebrew name Madonna (news - web sites) has chosen for herself as a follower of Kabbalah.

"I was named after my mother. My mother died when she was very young, of cancer, and ... I wanted to attach myself to another name," the singer says in an interview on ABC's "20/20," airing at 10 p.m. EDT Friday. "This is in no way a negation of who my mother is ... I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name."

During the interview, Madonna wears the red string around her wrist that's a symbol of the Jewish mysticism, though she wears it beneath her watch. She says she's sensitive when critics suggest her interest in Kabbalah is just a trend.

"I'm a little bit irritated that people think that it's like some celebrity band wagon that I've jumped on, or that, say, somebody like Demi (Moore) has jumped on," the 45-year-old says. "We don't take it lightly. ...

"Paris Hilton did come to the Kabbalah Centre once, because her parents brought her ... and they wanted to help her and they were desperate and they brought her there and she had a meeting and she left and she never came back and suddenly, Paris Hilton studies Kabbalah. I mean that's what happens and people ... they don't know the whole story."

18th June 2004 10:19 AM
Snappy McJack Madonna =
18th June 2004 10:32 AM
Bloozehound
18th June 2004 10:57 AM
MarthaMyDear Actually, I've seen a couple of interviews (not counting her "tour documentary"... Can't remember the name?!?!?!) and she is actually pretty funny!!! ROCK ON, (I mean!!!) ROLL IN THE DOUGH, MADONNA!!! lol........ PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
18th June 2004 08:45 PM
glencar I would think that by changing her name, she's actually dishonoring her mother. What a shit.
18th June 2004 10:43 PM
Riffhard Well I certainly hope you don't split for good there SS. I have noticed that because of very little Stones related news that many posts drift off topic and politics has been disscussed more than it normaly would be. We live in a very weird world right now and people want to disscuss it. I,admittedly,have posted on many of the political threads. I am by no means a Republinazi or any other such stupid fucking name. I sure hope that was not directed towards me just because I'm an admitted and proud conservative! Surely not SS? I know that I have never gotten personal when disscussing politics. I do have strong convictions that I have no problem sharing,but I don't call people that dissagree with me commie bastards,republinazis or any other bullshit rehtoric like that.

That said,it will all get back to normal after Joey and Josh make that leap to the 10,000 posts club and when the Stones announce the new disk and the tour. Hang in there brother! It is all about to get much better!

Gazza I fully agree with your post. I relize that I may be one of the folks that post mostly on politics here lately. Well,again,that is only because of the Stones downtime and because I like to disscuss politics with people that share the same interests as me. That counts for just about every Stones fan that I know.

The Stones are about to cure it all though!...that and the 10,000 post milestone for the class clowns!

Riffhard
19th June 2004 01:52 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
That said,it will all get back to normal after Joey and Josh make that leap to the 10,000 posts club and when the Stones announce the new disk and the tour. Hang in there brother! It is all about to get much better!
When did either Joey and Joshy say this, is what I want to know?!?!?! I, for one (and I don't think I'm the ONLY one but could care less if I am!!!), think their posts have given a HUGE comic relief to posters who just post on message boards to argue, which is BEYOND plentiful (to an assholishness and loserishness degree), a light-heartedness, and A LOT MORE, as opposed to walking the earth as if you are as serious as Samuel L. Jackson with no sense of humor... I'll take comic relief over HUGE arguments and people being assholes to each other all the time/non-stop any day!!! I come here for entertainment... How anyone can find people being assholes to each other entertaining is beyond me!!! I can get that at work!!! lol......... CHRIST!!! lol......... :P lol.

quote:
Gazza I fully agree with your post. I relize that I may be one of the folks that post mostly on politics here lately. Well,again,that is only because of the Stones downtime and because I like to disscuss politics with people that share the same interests as me. That counts for just about every Stones fan that I know.
Well, I, basically, HATE politics and never CARED to know much about it and, IMHO, I would rather spend my spare time making and designing jewelry and selling it at stores and making some cash!!! Making money from doing something creative sounds a WORLD more interesting than spouting politics out my ass!!! So, no, not every, and maybe not even MOST, Stones fans are into politics... And, thank God for THAT!!!

quote:
The Stones are about to cure it all though!...that and the 10,000 post milestone for the class clowns!
I don't think what Joey and Joshy do is up to you... And, no, it isn't... But, have a great weekend anyways!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
19th June 2004 03:42 AM
MarthaMyDear But, I respect your opinion anyways, Riffhard, and I know you're a good guy!!! TAKE CARE!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 08:15 AM
Riffhard MarthaMyDear you fully missinterpeted my post. I think the Joey and Josh run for the roses is ammusing as well. I do,however,agree with Gazza when he says that there is "a time and a place". I find many of their posts funny as hell. I also can understand that it may get tiresome for someone who starts a thread and sees it quickly highjacked by posts that are nothing but emoticons and one word posts just to up someone's posts total.

As for the politics,you need to understand that while politics may not be your cup of meat it certainly does interest some people on this board. SS started this thread with a quote from Hitler. Why did he do that? I tend to agree with not-bound-to-please. He did it to bait some of the politically minded posters here. My bet is he did it so that some conservatives here would take the bait and then he could boast that that poster must be a Republinazi because the quote is from Hitler. While I find that particular quote reeking of nationalism,I find nothing at all wrong with taking pride in one's nation. In fact Reagan was pretty good at making Americans feel good about our nation. He was completely different than that quote though,because he pushed for personal freedoms and liberty for everyone in the entire world. "Tear down this wall Mr. Gorbechhev!" That,I suppose,made him a "Republinazi" though right?

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
19th June 2004 09:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I mean, even last week a friend of Gerardo's posted a message in Spanish telling us he'd been injured in a car crash. Rather than have someone try and translate whether or not the guy who has built this site up from nothing was Ok or not,it got hijacked into an inane thread of pseudo- Spanish in-jokes. I've even seen obituaries hijacked before being obliged to delete the offending posts.

I assume I was one of that guy , and i m not very proud of that. I did it with another regular here, but a few posts later i ve understood the real situation and posted my best wishes to Gerardo.
I m very sorry for that , i got nothing else to say, just that i love this board so much that I feel very sad to loose SS,like any of you there, my cyber pals are very precious for me like my web family...

see ya
Ju
19th June 2004 10:31 AM
Gazza actually, I dont think you were....LOL
19th June 2004 10:39 AM
Martha Stonesy are you gonna come back after everyone has a say and tell us you were just having your way with us? That better be the deal. You are a regular here and I for one do not want to go one more minute without you. Now get the hell back here!

I brook NO bullshit. Just ask Bob Dylan. He'll tell ya.

"I'm not sorry for nuthin' I done......
I'm glad I fought...
I only wish we'd won"

19th June 2004 12:27 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
actually, I dont think you were....LOL

19th June 2004 12:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
As for the politics,you need to understand that while politics may not be your cup of meat it certainly does interest some people on this board.
Riffhard

Well, I don't actually like discussing politcs too much. Inevitably someone gets mad. But I don't necesarily mind it either. My problem with discussing politics is that noone ever seems to change their mind. So in that sense it seems to be kind of a waste of time. It always seems to end up just trying to find a "bigger hammer" to slam over your "opponents" head.
19th June 2004 12:44 PM
Gazza >Gazza I fully agree with your post. I relize that I may be one of the folks that post mostly on politics here lately. Well,again,that is only because of the Stones downtime and because I like to disscuss politics with people that share the same interests as me. That counts for just about every Stones fan that I know.

well, me too. I've a university degree in Politics and History so its not like I've no interest in the subject! Personally, I just choose to opt out of the subject as much as possible when on here. To be fair, though - you DO post more regarding the Stones than on other things. And yeah, with all the downtime, its natural to have distractions.

I think TTM makes a good point here about talking about politics which I hadn't thought about. Aside from the fact that people end up taking offence at what someone might say, the whole thing ends up being redundant because no one changes their minds anyway!! LOL
19th June 2004 12:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
well, me too. I've a university degree in Politics and History so its not like I've no interest in the subject! Personally, I just choose to opt out of the subject as much as possible when on here.

What can one do with that apart from teach?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
19th June 2004 01:22 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
My problem with discussing politics is that noone ever seems to change their mind. So in that sense it seems to be kind of a waste of time.

Exactly!

19th June 2004 01:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Exactly!

Well that may be part of the problem when discussing politics. The other part of the problem is guys like you and some others is that THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN!!!!
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
19th June 2004 01:42 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well that may be part of the problem when discussing politics. The other part of the problem is guys like you and some others is that THEY JUST DON'T LISTEN!!!!

Exactly!

19th June 2004 01:54 PM
Gazza >What can one do with that apart from teach?

uh....be a journalist?
19th June 2004 01:58 PM
Monkey Woman Or a polititian!
19th June 2004 02:07 PM
Gazza Nooooooo

I actually maintain that studying the subject is enough to put you off politicians for life, so if anything it has the opposite effect..

besides you dont need a degree in politics to be a politician - just a degree in bullshitting!

[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6