ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What do you think of this? (ZERO Stones Content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
19th June 2004 02:17 PM
Monkey Woman Things may be different in the UK but in France the majority of politicians begin with a degree in "political sciences". Nothing like the good ol' scroll of parchment in this country, as we know too well!

Actually, they do not study politics only in the cursus but economics, management, and... yes, bullshitting! But it's called "communication"!
19th June 2004 02:34 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
Riffhard said:

"Tear down this wall Mr. Gorbechhev!" That,I suppose,made him a "Republinazi" though right?
No... That made an experienced ACTOR and good script writers (who worked well together, from what I hear) come across well... lol............. lol...... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P lol....

Well, I guess I did take your post wrong 'cause, to me, it sounded like you were hopeful about not hearing much from Joey and Joshy after they reach 10k but if I'm wrong I'm wrong... You're nice to me, Riffhard, so I'm sorry about the misunderstanding!!!

Anyways, I have been in a tiny bit of contact with SS after I deleted my posts and it, I THINK (?!?!?!), was a misunderstanding so I apologized and now I don't hear from him (?!?!?!)!!! Misunderstandings DO fucking happen ESPECIALLY if you have never talked to the person even by phone, never emailed that person, and don't REALLY know that person!!! We are all just sitting here in front of a screen communicating to alot of people, most of us, I would think, we don't know and have never heard their voice or seen in person, etc., and alot of things get caught in the mix... I've had some weirdness go on here with SS and I haven't heard back from him and I think he's full of shit!!! After deleting my posts in this thread and apologizing and saying this was just a big misunderstanding, I get no word back from him and then I remmebered that once he had posted an asshole flame at one of my posts before that had nothing to do with him and wasn't aimed at him, etc., and, to be honest, GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD ENERGY AGAIN!!! I prefer to deal with WINNERS in this world so I go back to my original posts that I deleted... I hope he DOESN'T come back after TRULY realizing the kind of person he really is!!!

quote:
Gary said:

well, me too. I've a university degree in Politics and History

quote:
so its not like I've no interest in the subject!
YEA, RIGHT!!! THAT'S a fucking good one!!! lol....... PALEASE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 03:18 PM
littleredrooster This is quite a thread!
I suspect that my decision to lurk rather than post has been a sound one.
The administators must somehow limit or prevent AVIs because they seem abusive,inflammatory and tastless.
For the most part, many are a waste of bandwidth.
Limit these files to Avatar and Stones related pix ONLY!

Is this technically possible?

I can't wait for a new album or tour to share the hype with all of you.
Until then, I don't have the time to care who will ultimately reach the magic 10,000th garbage post.

See you on the Email airwaves SSA!!

Roostah
19th June 2004 03:36 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
This is quite a thread!
I suspect that my decision to lurk rather than post has been a sound one.
That's your choice...
quote:
The administators must somehow limit or prevent AVIs because they seem abusive,inflammatory and tastless.
ABUSIVE, INFLAMMATORY, well, maybe tasteless!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, give me a fucking break!!! ABUSIVE AND INFLAMMATORY?!?!?! maybe you haven't read SSA's posts!!! lol............ HA!!! HA!!! That's another good one!!!

quote:
Is this up to you?!?!?! NO!!!

quote:
Is this technically possible?
Have fun with THAT one!!! lol. LOL!!!!!!!! :P lol....

quote:
I can't wait for a new album or tour to share the hype with all of you.

quote:
Until then, I don't have the time to care who will ultimately reach the magic 10,000th garbage post.
Garbage post... Abusive... Interesting... LOL!!!!!!! I love Joey and Joshy's posts but don't really care about the 10k race... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just nice to see non-assholish posts and some light-heartedness and fun in my spare time, is all!!! lol.........

quote:
See you on the Email airwaves SSA!!

Roostah
That says it all!!! But, thank you for the Charlie autograph anyways!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol.............. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P lol. lol........... Nevermind... lol.......... And, I hope you enjoy that watch... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
19th June 2004 03:48 PM
MarthaMyDear HOW DARE YOU!!! lol.............. LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol................
lol.................... lol................ :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P
:P :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 03:50 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Another NeoEmotiNaziCon trying to silence my po' lil' voice of reason.

That's it, I'm leaving this thread for good !!
19th June 2004 03:50 PM
MarthaMyDear What happened to Bloozy's post?!?!?! lol....... Christ... There seems to be a lack of sense of humor around here!!! lol................... BLOOZY!!! Where are you, Bloozy?!?!?! lol...................... COME BACK!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 03:52 PM
MarthaMyDear That was strange... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! Nice to see you, as always!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 03:59 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
What happened to Bloozy's post?!?!?! lol....... Christ... There seems to be a lack of sense of humor around here!!! lol................... BLOOZY!!! Where are you, Bloozy?!?!?! lol...................... COME BACK!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

I must have been silenced by the ConNeoAVInaziEmoti's !!!

j/k

(I took it down & fixed a typo lol)

But I'm still leaving !!

Goodbye Cruel Thread, Adios, RIP, Ashes to Ashes, Fire & Brim Stone - Ta Ta!!!
19th June 2004 03:59 PM
MarthaMyDear No.
19th June 2004 04:30 PM
littleredrooster OH! MY DEAR!!
I think it's all about thread hijhacking and you and Mr Blooze have apparently missed the boat!
Stay on topic or choose /start another thread was the gist of the complaints.
Or, create some hyperthread to MMD/Blooze Politics R Us.

I love ya, MMD and from the C Watts watch on my wrist, I see that it's time to go!

Evenin'

Censorship??? C'mon!!!

19th June 2004 05:07 PM
MarthaMyDear Why is it time to go?!?!?! Well, don't make it permanent!!! I'm ending my post on this topic right here (why do I suddenly hear alot of cheering going on in the background?!?!?! lol.... LAUGHING!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )... Ok.... So, maybe I'm misinterpreting some posts... At this point, I am REALLY starting to believe there is an in-joke regarding that floating around... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just don't like to read someone's thread calling everyone an asshole, etc.!!! I think it might just be best that if someone is going to do that, to just say people's names who that person thinks IS an asshole... But, it doesn't matter to me now... This is the end of me posting about this as i've wasted time freaking-out and, sometimes, misinterpreting things already... lol......... VERY, VERY, MUCH HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE NEXT TOUR, ok., MISINTERPRETATION OR NOT, I HOPE (?!?!?!)!!! My Charlie autograph is in my London scrapbook/photo album I started and I am bringing it with me to London on the next tour (and it will be safe, of course!!!)!!! Anyways, take care and I hope to see you next summer or sooner, hopefully, ok.?!?!?! ANYWAYS!!! Take care... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
19th June 2004 08:03 PM
Bloozehound MMD where do you find those smilies that you always use ? I can't find them
19th June 2004 08:18 PM
caro
quote:
Well, I don't actually like discussing politcs too much. Inevitably someone gets mad. But I don't necesarily mind it either. My problem with discussing politics is that noone ever seems to change their mind. So in that sense it seems to be kind of a waste of time. It always seems to end up just trying to find a "bigger hammer" to slam over your "opponents" head.

Well yes. If there wasn't the "my hammer is bigger than yours" part, there would be no fun in discussing politics at all. Actually, I really like discussing politics on boards like this one, because I get to argue with people who not only have different values, but who also get their informations from other sources than mine. Of course I ain't gonna change my mind so easily. But I'm gonna have to be much more precise and honest about the points I make than when I talk with friends who share some (or most) of my opinions.

To me, those discussions are in fact a good way to waste less time on politics. Because people with a completely different background will point you towards infos that you couldn't have found yourself unless you spent days and days reading papers & books. You still have to do the effort of verifying the info, but at least you get a feeling of what is important and where to search for it. At least that's the way I see it.

So I don't mind if the discussion is harsh, or seems to lead nowhere. Unless the person you're talking to is a racist or a fascist, I don't think a political discussion will ever be a waste of time. This being said, if y'all think there's been too much politics here in the last months, I'll readily take my hammer elsewhere...
20th June 2004 12:12 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
MMD where do you find those smilies that you always use ? I can't find them
WHY, I THOUGHT YOU WERE ***
NEVER *** GOING TO ASK!!!
BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAracking-up...
lol.......
:P lol.. lol... Well, when you go to post,
look to your left and click on the link that says:"Smilies
are ON" and a new browser window opens and it will tell you
what to do... HAVE FUN AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!! LAUGHING
HARD!!!!!!! HE!!!
HE!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAracking-up...
lol.......
:P lol.. lol... HAVE FUN, BLOOZY!!!
lol....... PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
20th June 2004 12:17 AM
MarthaMyDear caro, please don't take your hammer elsewhere... You are nice
so TAKE CARE, MOTHER CLUCKER!!! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
racking-up... lol..... HE!!! HE!!! Just playing... lol....
TAKE CARE!!! ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
21st June 2004 09:39 AM
Joey " Seasons of Love "

" Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred moments so dear
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure -- measure a year?
In daylights -- In sunsets
In midnights -- In cups of coffee
In inches -- In miles
In laughter -- In strife
In -- Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?
How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love
Seasons of love
Seasons of love
SOLOIST #1
Five hundred twenty-five thousand
Journeys to plan
How do you measure the life
Of a woman or a man?
SOLOIST #2
In truths that she learned
Or in times that he cried
In bridges he burned
Or the way that she died
ALL
It's time now - to sing out
Tho' the story never ends
Let's celebrate
Remember a year in the life of friends
Remember the love
Remember the love
Remember the love
Measure in love
SOLOIST #1
Measure, measure your life in love
Seasons of love ...
Seasons of love "

28th June 2004 09:01 PM
mac_daddy a bump for ssa - I hope you are doing well.

we'd love to hear from you...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6