ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Royal Ascot June 18, 2004
Thanks moy!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What do you think of this? (ZERO Stones Content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
14th June 2004 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
I'd NEVER forget. Check out the emoticon! Just got it to work...

Oh , Hell .................You are SASSY !!!!! .................and I LIKE that ...............I's really's do's !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Spanky ........the Clown !!!!
14th June 2004 04:45 PM
Monkey Woman Please don't go, SS! We need strong posters here to sit on the "pest posters" sometimes! Just kick them out of your way, but don't let them get you down...
I always welcome your posts (even if I don't always agree with them of course) because it's refreshing to have someone with strong individuality and well-thought opinions. You'll be sorely missed if you go...

14th June 2004 04:53 PM
Stonesdoug Hey SS---was that quote from Hitler?
14th June 2004 05:07 PM
caro
quote:
Hey SS---was that quote from Hitler?

Funny, I was thinking about that when I posted an answer. It really sounds like Hitler's logic, but recently, I've read so much of that kind of retrograde, nationalistic stuff in the "opinions" pages of respectable papers that I really couldn't tell.
14th June 2004 05:12 PM
Joey
quote:
caro wrote:

Funny, I was thinking about that when I posted an answer. It really sounds like Hitler's logic, but recently, I've read so much of that kind of retrograde, nationalistic stuff in the "opinions" pages of respectable papers that I really couldn't tell.

I sincerely believe that is a direct quote from a " Mr. Keith Moon " ( circa 1971 )

Word !

Jerc
14th June 2004 10:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:

funny, I thought the same kind of thing....

it sounds to me like that scary rhetoric that the white supremists still use...

any type of doctrine/creed that speaks more about the state, and less about the individual, is the kind of thing I would like to avoid (and I think the founding fathers felt the same way)...

quote:

originally posted by ss (who will be sorely missed if he bails the board) - real author, as yet unknown)

"The people are gradually being threatened with a loss of quality, assertion of identity, and self-preservation drive. Internationalism is triumphing and eroding the value of our people, and a nasty pacifist sewage is ultimately poisoning the mindset of bold self-preservation. We see the effects of human vices appearing everywhere in the life of our people. Not only in the area of political concerns-no, also in the economic area, and last but not least, a downward slide is noticeable in our cultural life. If this descent is not halted, our people will no longer be able to be counted among those nations with a promising future.

Reducing these general aspects of decay should be the great domestic task of the future. The goal of this domestic policy must ultimately be the regaining of our people's strength to carry out our struggle for survival, and thus the strength to represent our vital interests to the outside world."
14th June 2004 11:58 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:

yes that was the first thing to come to my mind too
15th June 2004 01:24 AM
not bound to please
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

yes that was the first thing to come to my mind too

I hear Mick's getting hitched to Emilio Estevez. He's pregnant with triplets. From the second to last issue of Hello Magazine. Right after the article about David Hasselhoff's vasectomy and the ten page pictorial spread.

[Edited by not bound to please]
15th June 2004 02:05 AM
gypsy You can't go, SS! I'll take more topless polaroids and send them to you if you stay...please!!!
15th June 2004 09:25 AM
Joey

What Makes S.S. so serious ?????

Is it :

A) Heredity
B) Environment
C) Both A & B
D) The Water in Them's Parts
E) All of the Above

Discuss ....................................................
15th June 2004 09:41 AM
not bound to please I read recently that the new Stones tour will be sponsored by www.foreskin.com
15th June 2004 09:50 AM
Joey
quote:
I read recently that the new Stones tour will be sponsored by www.foreskin.com

Oh My , You are very SASSY today ....................YES !!!!!!!!!

Sturcee !
15th June 2004 10:12 AM
egon ss, stop the crazy talk;

you are staying and that's the way it is.

(and please, i really have no time to deal with these things right now!)
15th June 2004 10:26 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Oh My , You are very SASSY today ....................YES !!!!!!!!!

Sturcee !

You know, there were like 3 posts *total* a DAY here until the great circumscism...

hmmm....

15th June 2004 10:44 AM
Joey
quote:

You know, there were like 3 posts *total* a DAY here until the great circumscism...

hmmm....

Rhymes with " Gassy "
15th June 2004 10:57 AM
Bloozehound grassy ?
15th June 2004 02:01 PM
Joey

Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ................

So far there have been over 175,000 individuals who have responded and here is the latest tabulation :

Heredity = 5 %
Environment = 6.5 %
Both Heredity AND Environment = 10 %
" It's Something in the Water " = 78.5 %
100.0 %

Kurcee Joe !

15th June 2004 05:38 PM
Joey

{{{ JACKY }}}
15th June 2004 07:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters ................

So far there have been over 175,000 individuals who have responded and here is the latest tabulation :

Heredity = 5 %
Environment = 6.5 %
" It's Something in the Water " = 78.5 %
100.0 %

Kurcee Joe !

WRONG!

it's:

trust me

my vote should count for 10,000

by the way - when are you going to get that post total up boy?

15th June 2004 07:45 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:

I hear Mick's getting hitched to Emilio Estevez. He's pregnant with triplets. From the second to last issue of Hello Magazine.

thanx for that NBTP

i always thought they'd make a handsome couple
15th June 2004 08:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot What exactly is there to stay for?

To watch Joey & JB flood the board with stupidity? That may be entertaining to Michelle...but it bores the daylights out of me.

Should I stay and listen to all the Republinazi propaganda, and then get shouted down when I try to be the voice of reason? I can just watch FoxNews for that.

Should I stay to talk about Rock and Roll with people who have no clue as to what Rock and Roll is? It's more fun to bash my head against the driveway repeatedly.

Should I stay to chat with my cyberpals? I got email, they got email. What do I need this place for?

It's plain and simple. This place is no fuckin' fun anymore. Trying to read a thread is a pain in the ass. There is no real discussion...it's just a pile of dumbass emoticons on top of a pile of dumbass emoticons, sprinkled with a smattering of dumbass gifs. This place used to be infused with the spirit of Rock & Roll, but that spirit is gone. Witness Martha's Dylan tree...14 people signed up. That is so fuckin' lame. It's just a signal of where this board is headed. I have no desire to get dragged there with it.

I have better things to do with my time.

Maybe I'll come back when/if we get a new album/tour to talk about.

Gypsy...feel free to try to change my mind. I have cleared out plenty of room in my email box for you....I won't even share. Don't tell the others...but you were always my favorite. There are very few women alive that could get me to throw away my marraige...you are one of them.
15th June 2004 08:55 PM
Bloozehound
quote:

WRONG!

it's:

trust me

my vote should count for 10,000

by the way - when are you going to get that post total up boy?

Right Rummy!

The answers always "C" !

I think this vote was seriously rigged anyways
15th June 2004 09:07 PM
LadyJane What a damned shame, SS. You will be sorely missed, at least by ME, and most certainly by many others.

Thanks for the e-mail addy...I will definitely be in touch.

Thanks for all of the great boots.

And a big FU to those that drove you away.

LJ.
15th June 2004 09:28 PM
Scottfree Weren't the Nazi's a Totalitarian regime? Last time I looked, they are about a 2 on the political scale, which would make them much more left then right.......
15th June 2004 10:14 PM
glencar Politics shouldn't be discussed on this board. The liberals can't do it civilly. It's not worth it.
15th June 2004 10:48 PM
Egbert gypsy if you need someone to send pictures to while SS is gone I'm here for you.
15th June 2004 11:20 PM
glencar Happy Birthday, Martha!
16th June 2004 12:07 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
glencar wrote:
Politics shouldn't be discussed on this board. The liberals can't do it civilly. It's not worth it.

I'M HERE, AS A LIBERAL,TO DISCUSS ANY TOPIC YOU WISH GLENCAR..AS I HAVE POSTED BEFORE,MOST OF THE POSTERS HERE ARE MORONS,FOR LACK OF A BETTER TERM,AND THE RACE FOR 10K CONTINUES.

16th June 2004 12:12 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What exactly is there to stay for?...
...Should I stay and listen to all the Republinazi propaganda, and then get shouted down when I try to be the voice of reason? ..

I'm new here so the board's upper echelon might not care what I have to say but...

You're obviously the type of person who's very passionate about their convictions, and that's how I've always lived my life, so I respect it when I see it in others. I hate apathy. Passion can result in satisfaction or frustration but even frustration is a reward because it re-fuels the passion.

The day you're totally ignored will be the time to leave.

Stick around.
16th June 2004 12:29 AM
BILL PERKS THE MESSAGE SS DELIVERED ILLUMINATES THE WORLDS ABSOLUTE OBSESSION WITH CONSUMERISM AND THE LACK OF CARE FOR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS AND QUALITY OF LIFE FOR ALL OF ITS PEOPLE.WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND MAKE MISTAKES..BUT WHEN SOCIETY DICTATES THAT WE ALL ACHIEVE THE GREATEST POSSIBLE MATERIALISTIC STANDARDS,HELPING MANKIND AS A WHOLE SUFFERS...THIS IS WHY SO MANY IDEALISTIC PEOPLE END UP STICKING THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND.READ STANLEY BOOTH'S EPILOGUE TO TRUE ADVENTURES.THIS NOT A POLITICAL ISSUE,IT'S BECOME A WORLD ISSUE..I SHUDDER TO THINK OF THE WORLD MY GRANDKIDS WILL GROW UP IN..I'M BILL PERKS, AND I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6