ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2nd Amsterdam show officially cancelled... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
21st June 2006 02:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

posted earlier this week in another thread. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I was at the mall today and parked far away from other cars to avoid dings and such. On my way back to my car I saw another car and heard ONNYA playing and as I got closer I smelled some weed. These 2 young guys(19-20 ish) were burning a fatty and jamming to ABB. I gave them a thumbs up and they motioned me over and asked if I wanted a toke, I declined. I asked them about the music and they said ABB is great and they love the Stones. I left and said rock on bitches!

impecable research, sway has been humiliated.
21st June 2006 02:01 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

How can they go from being super hot to frigid???Why ???Why???

Because literally everones has seen them over the years: greybeards, infants, schoolteachers, public servants, the crown prince, housewives, cripples you name it! They're fed up to hear these big hits over and over again.
21st June 2006 02:03 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Because literally everones has seen them over the years: greybeards, infants, schoolteachers, public servants, the crown prince, housewives, cripples you name it! They're fed up to hear these big hits over and over again.

So what is the answer? They played theater show in Amsterdam...what else could they have done? Or maybe they simply should have skipped Holland this time???
21st June 2006 02:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I was at the mall today and parked far away from other cars to avoid dings and such. On my way back to my car I saw another car and heard ONNYA playing and as I got closer I saw the car windows were fogged up. These 2 young guys(19-20 ish) were ____________ and __________ to ABB. I gave them a thumbs up and they motioned me over and asked if I wanted to join them. I asked them about the music and they snapped their fingers and said ABB is "FABULOUS!" and they love the Stones. I left and said rock on bitches!

21st June 2006 02:07 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

So what is the answer? They played theater show in Amsterdam...what else could they have done? Or maybe they simply should have skipped Holland this time???

They should have skipped Holland or just played a small joint like Paradiso or Vredenburg. That's the only way to get people crazy. The rest is history.
21st June 2006 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I am recommending a webcast. This is why we were very firm in our recommendation that NO SUMMIT be held here!
21st June 2006 02:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

They should have skipped Holland or just played a small joint like Paradiso or Vredenburg. That's the only way to get people crazy. The rest is history.

There is only a list of 8-10 places they should play anymore:

NYC
Chicago
Buenos Aires
Rio de Janiero
Los Angeles
Atlanta
Boston
London (one show, small arena holding about 11k)
Toronto (small arena, about 11K)
Miami (preferred seating for P. Diddy?)
21st June 2006 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am recommending a webcast. This is why we were very firm in our recommendation that NO SUMMIT be held here!

Remember the talk of an Amsterdam summitt!!!!!!!!!!Oy Vey!!!!
21st June 2006 02:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

There is only a list of 8-10 places they should play anymore:

NYC
Chicago
Buenos Aires
Rio de Janiero
Los Angeles
Atlanta
Boston
London (one show, small arena holding about 11k)
Toronto (small arena, about 11K)
Miami (preferred seating for P. Diddy?)

still getting over Atl show!
21st June 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

still getting over Atl show!

Chicago humiliated them this time round!!!(see Pug: a human interest story).
21st June 2006 02:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This is why we were very firm in our recommendation that NO SUMMIT be held here!

I am a firm supporter of another tent/press conference!!

other cities need to experience the excitement of Voodoo's Stones conference!

just seeing the picture brings tremendous happiness to me

good times!
21st June 2006 02:32 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
this tour is turning to shit!

luckily i'll aways have MSG... those were the days.

Amen Egon .............................

...and we will ALWAYS have THE QWEST CENTER

|
|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com
21st June 2006 02:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I am a firm supporter of another tent/press conference!!

other cities need to experience the excitement of Voodoo's Stones conference!

just seeing the picture brings tremendous happiness to me

good times!

I cannot wait much longer to receive a transcript!
21st June 2006 02:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

|
|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com

beer me.
21st June 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

|
|
|
V

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Those Were The Days, My Friend
by Mary Hopkins

Once upon a time, there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours,
Think of all the great things we would do

Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we'd choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di di di di di

Then, the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If, by chance, I'd see you in the tavern,
We'd smile at one another and we'd say

Those were the days, oh yes, those were the days

Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di

Just tonight, I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass, I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me?

Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di

Through the door, there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh, my friend, we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts, the dreams are still the same

Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di
Di di di di di di

La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la la la

21st June 2006 03:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I cannot wait much longer to receive a transcript!

Voodoo is very busy creating video headers.

his commitment to entertain his fellow Stones fans knows no limits

God bless him!
21st June 2006 03:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Voodoo is very busy creating video headers.

his commitment to entertain his fellow Stones fans knows no limits

God bless him!

I really have no one to blame but myself for not attending the press conference. Voodoo, along with jb, joey, gazza, and myself, should be paid for our contributions here!
21st June 2006 03:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Voodoo, along with jb, joey, gazza, and myself, should be paid for our contributions here!

not only that - but - what an equally exhilirating 5 man Q&A panel that would make (cue: press conference photo)
21st June 2006 03:57 PM
PeerQueer High Stones' ticket prices plus World Cup = poor overall sales...

Cohl is a fuckwit this time around. He has made the boys huge sums of cash, but Europe is getting completely bent over this tour.

The end of an era is upon us!

Ah hell...
21st June 2006 04:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't want to say "I told you so", but Euro sales really were down this time. Virtually no sell outs...even some tickets left for Milan. Can you blame the band for not wanting to play to 1/2-3/4 full stadiums?

yes. I can. Theyve made a commitment to play concerts on a certain date and tens of thousands of people have bought tickets, arranged time off work, arranged hotels and flights around these shows. Their first obligation is to give those people a show because THEY have made sacrifices to see their favourite band. Some shows make bigger profits than others, so they'll hardly starve. How about they grow some balls and not be so obsessed with their egoes being a bit hurt by a few empty seats? They have a YEAR to sell a few thousand tickets. Its not difficult. As I said earlier, they should devote more time to accommodating the people who have BOUGHT tickets instead of fucking them over just because a minority of places in a stadium arent filled.

quote:
I emphathize with those who wanted more shows, but even at lower prices, the shows just aren't moving like in the past....

where do you get this schtick about "lower prices"? Compared to what? The US? Thats not a comparison as its a different market, different economy and a different audience. Most people dont have US shows as a frame of reference because they dont fly 5,000 miles over there to see them. The comparison is to the prices from 3 years ago, which in many cases were half of what they are in 2006. And several of those shows were in more intimate and fan-friendly confines, not stuck in some soulless field or stadium

quote:
plus,unlike 15-18k arenas here, it's hard , even for the Stones camp to fill up an extra 10-30k seats.

then avoid the problem by playing arena shows. But no, the greedy bastards have to get their guarantee of millions of dollars per show or they wont dignify their fanbase with their hallowed presence. Anyone with half a brain could have predicted slow sales in what is exclusively a stadium tour in a World Cup summer with ticket prices being double what they were in 2003. The Stones seem to think they're infallible and can gouge their audience and still have millions clamour to see them. Big mistake. People arent as dumb as they seem to think.

quote:
Thankfully, there will still be enough shows so everyone who wants to go shall...

No there wont. 21 shows isnt enough. There are about half a million people with tickets for the 11 shows postponed for next year, most of whom wont get ANY shows at all if these shows all end up being cancelled. Plus, most people dont travel hundreds of miles to shows. Nor should they be expected to completely rearrange their holiday plans for this summer just because the band is too greedy and lazy to commit themselves to rescheduling shows postponed through their own stupidity until next year.

quote:
.Holland 2 was always in jeapordy b/c of the really slow sales...even with 2nd show canceled, Holland 1 still not sold out!!!!(limited). This , with allthe hype, keith's ijury, etc...Europoe simply was not hot for the Stones this time around...maybe WorldCup/U2 was the big thing this time round.....................

last time I looked, U2 werent on tour. The World Cup affected sales in 1990 and 1998, but this time its an easier choice because the Stones tickets are more expensive. Plus there are other musical attractions which are less pricey. Loyalty works both ways. Maybe a lot of the band's potential audience has finally woken up to them

[Edited by Gazza]
21st June 2006 05:24 PM
kahoosier Well, I have to agree with Gazza, some of us are finally waking up! I have followed the group for decades, and thru it all it would have been hard to find a stauncher supporter unless it is BV who runs IORR. I have scheduled and re-scheduled vacations around tour dates. This year I even juggled job offers around the summer Euro tour; $1000's in lost income. The last two tours especially have become almost extended pilgramages for me rather than just seeing some shows. It is totally my fault, I blame no one else, I do not even regret it.

ON the phone the other day speaking with another rabid fan about opening night in Milan, it was almost an epiphany. I was looking over a stack of only partially or totally non-refundable airline tickets for June. I started thinking about the postponed /cancelled Asian Licks dates, and while a differnt situation, remember that I WENT to the Asian mainland, because as little as 1 week before China, Stones people were promising people out in my part of the world Shanghai and Beijing would happen despite delayed Hong Kong shows. AND HERE MY FREIND AND I WERE BLATHERING EXCITEDLY ABOUT FALL DATES...DATES THAT ARE NOT EVEN SURE YET, but around which I have manipulated earning opportunities to be in Hawaii in December just in case.

And I heard myself tell my freind,
" I just can't do this anymore, its time to get back to the real world." The luster is off the pearl. When I read Amsterdam was cancelled now, I realized finally and totally on an emotional level what I could talk about intellectually before without it sinking in; these bastards don't give a tinkers' damn about any of us! And I do not mean on a perosnal level; no one can expect them to care about us as individuals and our losses. But 40 years at the top and Mr. Cohl's very successful manipulations since 1989 have led them to belive in their own invulnerability. They have absolutely no concern for their fan base as a collective and have moved into an arena of arrogance that stinks from half a world away.

There will be shows, and I will go if conveniant. But I can no longer follow whereever they lead after using the tickets already paid for on this tour.
21st June 2006 05:24 PM
voodoopug once again...we were 100% correct!
21st June 2006 05:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

not only that - but - what an equally exhilirating 5 man Q&A panel that would make (cue: press conference photo)

with satellite packages worldwide....this could ousell Tyson-Holyfield II if we were to take it to the PPV market
21st June 2006 05:28 PM
Some Guy kahoosier- that was a very strong and personal post, I can empathize with your feelings.
21st June 2006 05:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
The luster is off the pearl. When I read Amsterdam was cancelled now, I realized finally and totally on an emotional level what I could talk about intellectually before without it sinking in; these bastards don't give a tinkers' damn about any of us! And I do not mean on a perosnal level; no one can expect them to care about us as individuals and our losses. But 40 years at the top and Mr. Cohl's very successful manipulations since 1989 have led them to belive in their own invulnerability. They have absolutely no concern for their fan base as a collective and have moved into an arena of arrogance that stinks from half a world away.

sad but true. After this tour I'll personally refuse to pander to that arrogance and attitude any longer. I dont think I'll be alone either. Its a million miles from the same band I grew up with. Time to move on, I'm afraid.
21st June 2006 05:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

sad but true. After this tour I'll personally refuse to pander to that arrogance and attitude any longer. I dont think I'll be alone either. Its a million miles from the same band I grew up with. Time to move on, I'm afraid.

I shall continue to pay thousands as the price is well worth the stress relief that an enjoyable concert with my wife/friends bring.

I disagree with the way Europe tour was handled though. All of those shows should have never been scheduled if they were going to use the "PUG-LAWYER" profit method of selling tickets. poor use of ADDA. I had advised everyone to not book any travel to Europe and now you see why...much of this has nothing to do with Keith injuring himself.....poor sales and lake of $$$$$ at many venues.

i sympathize with my friends from Europe.
21st June 2006 06:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

people here are slowly finally catching on to this

funny
21st June 2006 08:08 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
jb wrote:

I am only aware of London, Swden, and 1 German show selling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading the Switzerland show selling out. Us Swiss people can't get enough of the stones.
21st June 2006 10:02 PM
Soldatti This will be the last european tour, they won't tour in arenas there.
21st June 2006 10:29 PM
jb Never underestimate Cohl-somehow, someway, these shows will be filled and something " special" will be in the works to make it more alluring to our Euro friends.............we have never failed and I see no no reason to beleive we will now.

cc:Joey,VoodooPug, Gazza.
bc:Charles Nelson Riley
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)