ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2nd Amsterdam show officially cancelled... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
21st June 2006 12:23 PM
Angiegirl ...according to Dutch national news, and the Dutch tour promotor Mojo Concerts.

http://www.mojo.nl/agenda/evenement.asp?pid=734

Problems in finding another date for the show. Yeah, right. It's the slow selling shows that get axed?!

Anywayz, tickets for the Aug. 01 show can be returned starting tomorrow, ending September 1, or exchanged for a ticket for July 31 (limited).

[Edited by Angiegirl]
21st June 2006 12:25 PM
monkey_man Damn I almost flew over there for those shows! I'm planning to go in Sept . . .maybe I can get lucky.
21st June 2006 12:27 PM
Madafaka Bad news...
21st June 2006 12:30 PM
Angiegirl Yep, all shows which are 'postponed till 2007' will get killed off no doubt!

So Europe gets a sporadic mini-tour after all...
21st June 2006 12:32 PM
charlotte wtf??? Angie, are ticket sells that bad across Europe? sure looks like all half empty stadiums are not just being postponed but Canceled!
21st June 2006 12:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
wtf??? Angie, are ticket sells that bad across Europe? sure looks like all half empty stadiums are not just being postponed but Canceled!

Well, it's different in different countries as usual, as there's no 'Europe' in that sense.

But the boyz have been selling less compared to previous tours in most countries no doubt.

21st June 2006 12:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
...according to Dutch national news, and the Dutch tour promotor Mojo Concerts.

http://www.mojo.nl/agenda/evenement.asp?pid=734

Problems in finding another date for the show. Yeah, right. It's the slow selling shows that get axed?!

Anywayz, tickets for the Aug. 01 show can be returned starting tomorrow, ending September 1, or exchanged for a ticket for July 31 (limited).

[Edited by Angiegirl]

same old lying bullshit from the Stones and Cohl. Cant find a suitable date for a show thats a year away. Seriously, who the fuck do they think theyre kidding?

Same crap for Frankfurt which was a year away and supposedly 80% sold out. So, our favourite fan friendly band choose to 'punish' about 40,000 people who bought tickets instead of figuring out a way to sell about 10,000 tickets to those who so far havent.

fuck them
21st June 2006 12:40 PM
caro What I don't understand (if they really use Keith's accident as an excuse to cancel shows that don't sell well) is why they planned so many shows in the first place? It was pretty obvious that the World Cup etc. would hurt ticket sales a bit... It's not like this is the first time they plan a tour in Europe, so why do they change their minds now?
21st June 2006 12:45 PM
gimmekeef I think once the found the right time and chemistry to do the new album...tour timing just flowed from that so 2006 was it...This 2007 stuff is just an excuse to hold millions of dollars/Euros a while longer before canceling and refunding...
21st June 2006 12:47 PM
egon this tour is turning to shit!

luckily i'll aways have MSG... those were the days.
21st June 2006 12:48 PM
jb I don't want to say "I told you so", but Euro sales really were down this time. Virtually no sell outs...even some tickets left for Milan. Can you blame the band for not wanting to play to 1/2-3/4 full stadiums? I emphathize with those who wanted more shows, but even at lower prices, the shows just aren't moving like in the past....plus,unlike 15-18k arenas here, it's hard , even for the Stones camp to fill up an extra 10-30k seats. Thankfully, there will still be enough shows so everyone who wants to go shall....Holland 2 was always in jeapordy b/c of the really slow sales...even with 2nd show canceled, Holland 1 still not sold out!!!!(limited). This , with allthe hype, keith's ijury, etc...Europoe simply was not hot foer the Stones this time around...maybe WorldCup/U2 was the big thing this time round.....................
[Edited by jb]
21st June 2006 12:57 PM
Angiegirl Well, you're completely right Josh.

But it sucks anyway, and their public image has been hurt tremedously over here.
21st June 2006 01:00 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Can you blame the band for not wanting to play to 1/2-3/4 full stadiums? ................
[Edited by jb]

Maybe we should ask: Can you blame the audience for not showing up? The band appeared to have reached their saturation point. I think the public in general is not interested anymore in the umpteenth greatest hits show.
21st June 2006 01:05 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, you're completely right Josh.

But it sucks anyway, and their public image has been hurt tremedously over here.

You shall be greeted!!!!!!!!!
21st June 2006 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Maybe we should ask: Can you blame the audience for not showing up? The band appeared to have reached their saturation point. I think the public in general is not interested anymore in the umpteenth greatest hits show.

I don't disagree..many showss here were not really sold out imo...however, at the prices they charged, it simply did not matter whether you had 18k versus 15k....
21st June 2006 01:09 PM
Some Guy stick a fork in it... it's done.
21st June 2006 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
stick a fork in it... it's done.

I am only aware of London, Swden, and 1 German show selling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st June 2006 01:18 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

I am only aware of London, Swden, and 1 German show selling out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

truly disturbing.
21st June 2006 01:20 PM
Saint Sway uh oh.... the shows are dropping faster than rock stars out of coconut trees
21st June 2006 01:21 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

truly disturbing.

I'm upset about it....21 shows and only 3-5 sell-outs!!! And with all the keith publicity , you would think they would be running to grab tickets...it's very disappointing and will probably result in a US mini tour to make up revenue,,,,,,,,
21st June 2006 01:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm upset about it....21 shows and only 3-5 sell-outs!!! And with all the keith publicity , you would think they would be running to grab tickets...it's very disappointing and will probably result in a US mini tour to make up revenue,,,,,,,,

European tour is a bust.
21st June 2006 01:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
uh oh.... the shows are dropping faster than rock stars out of coconut trees

21st June 2006 01:27 PM
FotiniD Oh great, another cancellation.

I agree with all of you guys, and the more I think about it the more the decisions these guys are making this year just don't seem to make sense.

Also, how can they tell whether a show will or won't sell when we're talking about a year ahead?! Do they want a sell-out already for a date they'll play 365 days later? Even if it was a postponed show, there will be people willing to return tickets they already bought one way or another. How can they predict the sales?

I'm not a good business brain, but heck, they're not making ANY sense.
21st June 2006 01:27 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:

Sweden will not happen this year, even though it sold out quickly. Norway and Denmark were quick sellouts as well.
21st June 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Sweden will not happen this year, even though it sold out quickly. Norway and Denmark were quick sellouts as well.

Thank you Erik..........so Swden Norway, London(2), and one German show=5....................................I can't beleive this
21st June 2006 01:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Also, how can they tell whether a show will or won't sell when we're talking about a year ahead?! Do they want a sell-out already for a date they'll play 365 days later?

They just don't want to tour (for a short time) next year. They can't handle it, it's obvious to me.
21st June 2006 01:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
charlotte wrote:
wtf??? Angie, are ticket sells that bad across Europe? sure looks like all half empty stadiums are not just being postponed but Canceled!

We predicted this months ago and were mocked and attacked...it seems we were correct yet again!
21st June 2006 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We predicted this months ago and were mocked and attacked...it seems we were correct yet again!

You are truly gifted Pug!!!! And 100% CORRECT ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!
21st June 2006 01:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat They can't handle nothing anymore. It's over. Please let them stop and cancel the entire European tour.
21st June 2006 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
They can't handle nothing anymore. It's over. Please let them stop and cancel the entire European tour.

That is postin' above the rim!!!!!!!!!!! Funny!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)