ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2nd Amsterdam show officially cancelled... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
21st June 2006 01:40 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

That is postin' above the rim!!!!!!!!!!! Funny!!!!!!!

above the rim....see D. Wade (circa: Yesterday)
F505
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

We predicted this months ago and were mocked and attacked...it seems we were correct yet again!

The fortune teller is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
this tour is turning to shit!

luckily i'll aways have MSG... those were the days.

Yep- MSG might be my last Stones
At least you still have Nice with our friend Gazza!!!
21st June 2006 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

The fortune teller is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the fotune teller.................."
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I went to the fotune teller.................."

Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm upset about it....21 shows and only 3-5 sell-outs!!! And with all the keith publicity , you would think they would be running to grab tickets...it's very disappointing and will probably result in a US mini tour to make up revenue,,,,,,,,

we are now in great jeopardy of falling out of this very prestigous and cool list of soft rock muzac-ians

"Forbes Biggest Musical Acts In The World"

1/ THE ROLLING STONES
2/ U2
3/ 50 Cent
4/ Bruce Springsteen
5/ Paul McCartney
6/ Elton John
7/ Celine Dion
8/ The Eagles
9/ Rod Stewart
10/Jessica Simpson

clearly the younger audience is not willing to go above the $25-$50 ticket range to see rock acts and are content spending their $$ on contemporary rock bands like Pearl Jam, Raconteurs and Flaming Lips.

our only hope to stay on this list is to raise ticket prices to $1000-$2500 and hope that more old people are willing to dip into their retirement savings to see the Stones (again)
21st June 2006 01:42 PM
Some Guy It is very hot here on the first day of Summer. Samuel Adams brews a good beer.
21st June 2006 01:43 PM
F505 anyhow: welcome back

voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

we are now in great jeopardy of falling out of this very prestigous and cool list of soft rock muzac-ians

"Forbes Biggest Musical Acts In The World"

1/ THE ROLLING STONES
2/ U2
3/ 50 Cent
4/ Bruce Springsteen
5/ Paul McCartney
6/ Elton John
7/ Celine Dion
8/ The Eagles
9/ Rod Stewart
10/Jessica Simpson

clearly the younger audience is not willing to go above the $25-$50 ticket range to see rock acts and are content spending their $$ on contemporary rock bands like Pearl Jam, Raconteurs and Flaming Lips.

our only hope to stay on this list is to raise ticket prices to $1000-$2500 and hope that more old people are willing to dip into their retirement savings to see the Stones (again)

you have really stepped up your game in my absence!
F505 [quote]F505 wrote:
anyhow: welcome back

21st June 2006 01:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:
anyhow: welcome back

Thank you! sadly, my return will be very short lived.
21st June 2006 01:47 PM
F505 I count 6 bottles in your toilet.
[Edited by F505]
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We predicted this months ago and were mocked and attacked...it seems we were correct yet again!

I feel your pain Pugs.

back at the start of '06 I predicted that Keith would not be willing to part with spare change to pay a local villager for a coconut and attempt to climb the tree himself, thus jeopardizing the entire future of the band.

I was unjustly mocked at the time.
Soldatti Bad news, they did 6 shows there in 1998, 2 in 1999 and 6 in 2003. Only 1 now.
And U2 sold THREE Amsterdam arenas in a day, 166.000 tickets sold in ONE day and the Stones can't fill a date with the tickets on sale for months.
21st June 2006 01:48 PM
Some Guy Each time Joey posts something funny today I will drink a beer.

Time for a beer run Ronnie...
21st June 2006 01:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I feel your pain Pugs.

back at the start of '06 I predicted that Keith would not be willing to part with spare change to pay a local villager for a coconut and attempt to climb the tree himself, thus jeopardizing the entire future of the band.

I was unjustly mocked at the time.

while I do not recall those predictions....I encourage you to remain firm on your stance and don't let the naysayers and vicious attacks lead you to depression (or a Whitesnake concert).
21st June 2006 01:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Each time Joey posts something funny today I will drink a beer.

Time for a beer run Ronnie...

you will be vomitting all over the place and calling all ex girlfriends on the phone in a matter of 63 minutes...young joey is a master.
21st June 2006 01:51 PM
F505
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bad news, they did 6 shows there in 1998, 2 in 1999 and 6 in 2003. Only 1 now.
And U2 sold THREE Amsterdam arenas in a day, 166.000 tickets sold in ONE day and the Stones can't fill a date with the tickets on sale for months.

First of all: the sound in the Arena is so lousy thousands of fans won't go there anymore. Secondly the Stones are not hot anymore in Holland. Thirdly ticket prices are sky high.
21st June 2006 01:53 PM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Bad news, they did 6 shows there in 1998, 2 in 1999 and 6 in 2003. Only 1 now.

OMG Soldatti!!!! That says it right there!!! Any good news? Albums sales, sold out shows, anything????(see Miami Heat!!!).
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you will be vomitting all over the place and calling all ex girlfriends on the phone in a matter of 63 minutes...young joey is a master.

postin with a capitol P.
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

First of all: the sound in the Arena is so lousy thousands of fans won't go there anymore. Secondly the Stones are not hot anymore in Holland. Thirdly ticket prices are sky high.

How can they go from being super hot to frigid???Why ???Why???
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Sadly, we are no longer a factor. There was an era, not to far in the past where we (the stones) would sell out garbage arenas (see: United Center, old Rosemont Horizon, Edward Jones Dome, etc).....it is a Bono-Macca-Madonna world now.
21st June 2006 01:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

How can they go from being super hot to frigid???Why ???Why???

see: St. Louis Cardinals performance last night at "The Cell"
21st June 2006 01:55 PM
jb Well, we atleast ended #1 going out with ABB in the US/South America.
21st June 2006 01:56 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Well, we atleast ended #1 going out with ABB in the US/South America.

The Rio show was a success, as was the "Voodoo Press Conference"
21st June 2006 01:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
F505 wrote:
the Stones are not hot anymore in Holland.

I have previously gone on record stating that pot smokers do not listen to A Bigger Bang.
21st June 2006 01:57 PM
Some Guy SOL killed ABB.
21st June 2006 01:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I have previously gone on record stating that pot smokers do not listen to A Bigger Bang.

I hear it is a favorite of the glue sniffers though.
21st June 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Rio show was a success, as was the "Voodoo Press Conference"

Argentina, arguably, had the greatest fans for those 2 fantastic show...and the "tent" simply will go down as further Rocks-Off legend/mythology in the years to come....
21st June 2006 01:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

posted earlier this week in another thread. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I was at the mall today and parked far away from other cars to avoid dings and such. On my way back to my car I saw another car and heard ONNYA playing and as I got closer I smelled some weed. These 2 young guys(19-20 ish) were burning a fatty and jamming to ABB. I gave them a thumbs up and they motioned me over and asked if I wanted a toke, I declined. I asked them about the music and they said ABB is great and they love the Stones. I left and said rock on bitches!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)