ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NBA championship - Mavericks vs. Heat (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
19th June 2006 08:46 AM
mac_daddy it was a very good game. agreed dallas should have won, but they didnt. hopefully this thing goes 7, as it is a long summer until the nfl season starts...

as for the calls, you are gonna see what you wanna see - it is always like that, with everybody; the only one i saw that was weak was the one that sent the corn-rowed forward to the bench for good.

what i did see, however, was dallas collapse on defense, several times, giving up a few lay-ups; credit riley for having those guys run some nice sets at the end to get through the zone defense. the fact that dallas started OT with a few ill-advised shots didnt help. ..

wade is terrific. i still dont get why nash was the mvp this year - lebron, wade and kobe were all more impressive than nash this season, and all more deserving of the title; who knows how those things get decided...

the O-mitt must've read my posts this weekend, 'cos he sure did make me eat my words - he had a very clutch performance (including his always underrated defense - hell, that has always been his strong-suit)

we'll see what happens tuesday...

edited 4 spelling
[Edited by mac_daddy]
19th June 2006 10:14 AM
jb Mavs are serious cry-babies;we got blown out first 2 games, kept our mouths shut, and won at home. It;s still theirs to win .....I like Cuban, but he is making an ass of himslef. Also, Riley has down a great job holding these team together after what some thought we be a sweep after the dismal first 2 games. Johnson has made a lot of mental coaching lapses this series....Riley, like him or not, is a master at this time...I still think we are a long shot from winning in Dallas unless Shaq really steps it up...his stats are good, but not nearly enough for us to win away.
19th June 2006 10:30 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
Mavs are serious cry-babies;we got blown out first 2 games, kept our mouths shut, and won at home. It;s still theirs to win .....I like Cuban, but he is making an ass of himslef. Also, Riley has down a great job holding these team together after what some thought we be a sweep after the dismal first 2 games. Johnson has made a lot of mental coaching lapses this series....Riley, like him or not, is a master at this time...I still think we are a long shot from winning in Dallas unless Shaq really steps it up...his stats are good, but not nearly enough for us to win away.

thats postin above the rim.
19th June 2006 10:40 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

thats postin above the rim.

Jason Williams is known as "White chocolate"
19th June 2006 12:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Jason Williams is known as "White chocolate"

He is white.
19th June 2006 12:14 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He is white.

and chocolaty
19th June 2006 12:16 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He is white.

Wade is certainly carrying us......he has no fear.
19th June 2006 01:37 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Wade is certainly carrying us......he has no fear.

His ball handling and confidence that he was the man at the end of the game was absolutely incredible. Jordanesque in nature.
19th June 2006 01:45 PM
Some Guy I am starting to believe that the finals are scripted and destined to go 7 games so the nba can max out on funds. It's a sham of a treavesty and a travesty of a sham.
19th June 2006 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

His ball handling and confidence that he was the man at the end of the game was absolutely incredible. Jordanesque in nature.

And a really nice guy as well...(unlike Jordan ). I hope the refs don't try to "make-up" calls and steal game 6....but as Some Guy said, you kinda think it will go 7-a bad thing for us.
19th June 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
jb wrote:

And a really nice guy as well...(unlike Jordan ). I hope the refs don't try to "make-up" calls and steal game 6....but as Some Guy said, you kinda think it will go 7-a bad thing for us.

http://www.local6.com/news/9389163/detail.html
19th June 2006 05:08 PM
chevysales
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Exactly. A more important event; Wade is a big dick now.
Get ready for massive NBA promotion via his mug.

a big dick?

all reports i hear form local sports radio...wqam and theticket is he is a very humble guy... not exactly a "big dick".
19th June 2006 09:43 PM
sirmoonie Wade and LeBron James - I never thought I'd see anyone approach Jordan ever again. Those guys aren't there by a long shot, but its possible.....
19th June 2006 11:48 PM
mac_daddy this surfaced in may, but it is appropriate to the conversation, atm, and it is an off-night, soo here it is:

quote:
The NBA Record Chase

The fact that Barry Bonds dominates the first 10 minutes of every sports show these days even when he doesn’t hit a home run shows how fixated we are on records in sports. As Bonds chases the Hank Aaron’s all-time mark of 755 home runs, how many of basketball’s all-time records are in jeopardy?

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s 38,387 points
Shaquille O’Neal has the most career points among active players, but the Diesel’s 24,813 is too far away for him to catch Kareem before he retires. Kobe Bryant is the game’s best scorer from a pure talent standpoint, but given the early years in his career where he wasn’t the No. 1 option with the Lakers, Kobe is playing catch-up. He would have to drop 35 points a night for the next eight years to pass Abdul-Jabbar. That’s a tall, tall order.
Then there’s LeBron James. If LeBron averages 30 a game for the next 13 years, he would pass Kareem around the time he turned 34 years old. And given the fact that LeBron’s ceiling is pretty much off the charts right now – he could average 40 next year and it wouldn’t surprise us – he’s a guy to watch for taking the all-time scoring crown. One thing that could prevent Kobe and LeBron from reaching Kareem is their size. Guards and wing players usually can’t put up big numbers as easily in the latter stages of their careers, whereas someone like Kareem could toss up skyhooks until he was 50 if he wanted to.

Wilt Chamberlain’s 23,924 rebounds
Kill the suspense right now. There is no way anyone will ever touch Wilt and Bill Russell (21,620) on the rebounding charts. Seriously. Not gonna happen. No chance. Chamberlain and Russell averaged over 22 boards a game over their respective careers, and here we sit in a day and age where grabbing 10 boards a night earns you “beast” status. Think of any elite rebounder you’ve actually seen play in your lifetime, and their numbers look straight Little League compared to Wilt and Russ. Dennis Rodman? In his absolute prime Worm pulled down 18 rebounds a game, but over the majority of his career was more of a 13-14 guy. Kevin Garnett tops out at about 14 boards a night. Ben Wallace peaked at 15 a game, and Dwight Howard’s all-time best is 12 a game. Howard is only 20 years old, but he’d have to average 15 rebounds for the next 18 seasons to pass Wilt. Again, not gonna happen.

John Stockton’s 15,806 assists
They say the “pure point guard” is an endangered species. Looking at the numbers, they might be right. After Stockton, only two players in history have cracked 10,000 assists – Mark Jackson and Magic Johnson. Beyond that, no one comes close to Stockton. Gary Payton has notched more than 8,700 dimes, Jason Kidd is closing in on 8,000 dimes, and Stephon Marbury and Steve Nash aren’t even at 6,000 assists yet. Stockton averaged 10.5 assists for his career, and in his prime was putting up 13-14 dimes a night on the regular. Looking at today’s young stars, no one is matching that kind of production. Baron Davis just posted a career-high with 8.9 assists this season. Chris Paul averaged 7.8 as a rookie. LeBron James and T.J. Ford notched 6.6 a game. In other words, Stockton’s record is safe for the foreseeable future.

John Stockton’s 3,265 steals
Don’t get fooled into thinking Stockton just ran pick-and-rolls and dropped bounce passes to Karl Malone all day; the guy was a terror on defense. Whereas someone like Allen Iverson gets 90 percent of his steals by playing the passing lanes, Stockton picked pockets in every kind of fashion: sneaking up behind centers in the post, getting waist-level blocks on jump shooters, invading the passing lanes, and straight-up stripping opposing point guards in the open floor. Gary Payton, Jason Kidd and Iverson are the active players closest to Stockton’s career numbers for steals, but none of them is going to play long enough to catch him. Who does that leave? Chris Paul. CP3 had 175 steals as a rookie, more than Stockton, Payton, Kidd and A.I. notched in their first seasons. In fact, Stock and GP didn’t crack 175 until their third seasons in the League. So if CP3 continues on this path for a good 15-plus seasons and throws in a few years where he gets 200-plus steals, he will be challenging Stockton’s record some day. Paul averaged 2.24 thefts this year, higher than the career averages of Stockton (2.17), Payton (1.90) and Kidd (2.05), and just below the averages of both Iverson and Michael Jordan (2.34). MJ is second on the steals list behind Stockton.

Hakeem Olajuwon’s 3,830 blocked shots
Since the League didn’t officially record rejections for a long time, there’s a very strong possibility that Bill Russell has more swats than Hakeem. Nonetheless, Hakeem is the guy holding the top spot in the record books. In his prime, Dream was sending back 250-300 shots per season, averaging around three or four blocks a game. He finished his career averaging 3.0 blocks, a number no active player with a chance to challenge the record comes close to. Dikembe Mutombo is No. 3 all-time in blocked shots, but at his current production rate, would probably have to play at least six more years to break Olajuwon’s mark. By that time, Deke would be about, what, 64 years old? Only Hakeem, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Mutombo and Mark Eaton have more than 3,000 career rejections. Shaq is the next closest, but he’s about 600 away from hitting three large and another 800 away from testing Dream. Oddly enough, two of the League’s young shot-blocking standouts are Josh Smith (2.6 blocks last year) and Andrei Kirilenko (3.19), but both play small forward and most likely won’t be able to sustain those numbers as they get older and lose inches on their vertical leap. Your best bet to challenge Olajuwon is going to be another seven-footer down the road.

Reggie Miller’s 2,560 three-pointers made
You remember the game-winners and playoff daggers, but Miller nailed a bunch of treys in the first three quarters of games, too, which is why he’s No. 1 all-time. His closest competitor is Ray Allen, who has played eight less seasons than Reggie but is gaining on him fast. Ray is No. 2 all-time and is still in his prime, seeing as he just broke the single-season record for threes with 269 this year. Allen is about 800 treys behind Miller. At his current pace, Ray will break the record in three or four years.

and finally...

(this was NOT taken last night or today, btw)
20th June 2006 12:56 PM
jb Wade is the most humble guy I ever met..last year at a charity event he was cordial, poite, and no attitude. Riley, on the other hand, seemed unapproachable and theb there's this:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/14856564.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_sports
20th June 2006 12:58 PM
Some Guy Riley makes dreams come true.
20th June 2006 01:04 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Riley makes dreams come true.

As do Pug and I. It's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20th June 2006 01:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

As do Pug and I. It's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fear you and pug may collapse in game 7.
21st June 2006 12:03 AM
time is on my side
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Heat in 6 with the MVP going to the best player on their team at this time, Dwayne Wade

As the NBA finals winds down, I was looking over the first page of this thread and noticed the name Dwayne Wade mentioned only once. Riley wins his 5th, Shaq his fourth in a below average performance, and Dwayne Wade, the only reason the Heat won, has won his first. Wonder who will be the MVP
21st June 2006 12:23 AM
sirmoonie Unreal. Congrats JB. I don't think the better team won, or even that the Mavs chocked. Just a strange series.
21st June 2006 01:03 AM
nankerphelge Told ya - Heat in 6!
(Altho I was wrong about the MVP)
21st June 2006 01:50 AM
Poplar
quote:
chevysales wrote:
a big dick?

no man, as in: he's sporting one. He's king of the league.
Indeed, Wade speaks softly, and carries a big dick.
21st June 2006 02:07 AM
Poplar
when is jb's press conference?
21st June 2006 02:20 AM
jb We are partying all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will report tommorrow afternoon as I am going to light more fireworks from my mediterranean terrace into the lake!!!! I just attacked my kids(sans baby) with a beer shower and the wife threatened divorce!!!!!
21st June 2006 04:50 AM
Jumping Jack Congrats JB, Miami proved they were the better team and I am happy for you. As the dumb white boy in my office I must pay off two very expensive lunches today at Emeril's Atlanta.
21st June 2006 07:57 AM
chevysales
quote:
Poplar wrote:

no man, as in: he's sporting one. He's king of the league.
Indeed, Wade speaks softly, and carries a big dick.

oh...got it.

and as i said early in this thread... heat in 6.
21st June 2006 08:13 AM
mac_daddy

they were the better team. i think dallas hit the wall, which is odd because i would have thought miami would be the one to be undermanned. wade is here to stay, and deserves much of the credit. the rest of the team was pretty unimpressive, but then again so were some of jordan's championship bulls teams...
21st June 2006 09:47 AM
Some Guy Shaq made good on his gurantee. He also guranteed a repeat.
21st June 2006 10:38 AM
Joey

Congratulations Josh ..........

Well Done .

Joeykins !!!
21st June 2006 12:33 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Shaq made good on his gurantee. He also guranteed a repeat.

Shaq had little to do with the Heat winning the title. My assessment was his overall performance in this series was way below average. His free throw shooting hurt the team. In the key game 3 where in retrospect the Heat got back into the series, they were down by 13 points with about six minutes left to play. They lose they go in a 3-0 hole from which they don't recover.

Shaq???? In the SECOND HALF of game 3, Shaq had more turnovers than points. So how did the Heat win game 3??? The same way they won game 4, 5, and 6. DWAYNE WADE. The bottom line is the Mavs had no answer for him. They couldn't stop him.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)