ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NBA championship - Mavericks vs. Heat (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th June 2006 05:23 PM
sirmoonie Okay, even white ass ponces watch the NBA championship. So what do you think?

1. Who wins?

2. How many games?

3. Who gets MVP?

Mavs
in 7
Nowitzki (German, white*)

Should be a great series, the NBA playoffs have been smoking in last two rounds and the Mavericks and the Heat are playing at top of their game at the right time. Maybe they'll let JB watch it in the day room!
7th June 2006 05:36 PM
nankerphelge Heat in 6
Shaq
7th June 2006 05:46 PM
Some Guy Dallas in 4
Jason Terry
7th June 2006 05:50 PM
Joey

Dallas in six !

7th June 2006 05:57 PM
time is on my side Heat in 6 with the MVP going to the best player on their team at this time, Dwayne Wade
7th June 2006 06:46 PM
Spru Dallas in 6 - Dirk.
7th June 2006 07:06 PM
chevysales go heat... 4-2 games
7th June 2006 07:21 PM
Jumping Jack Dallas in 6, Dirk is MVP.

Should be interesting because Dallas has no one to guard Shaq, and Miami has no one to guard Dirk.

Dallas running Shaq's butt into the ground is the difference.
7th June 2006 08:40 PM
FrankiePeppers Dallas in 6, maybe 5. The Heat can't guard them on the perimeter and can't outscore them. The Heat will need 90+ each game, which will be hard for them to do.
8th June 2006 12:15 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox Heat in 4 led by the great Pat Riley (white, Irish) and Shaq O'Neal (black, Irish)
8th June 2006 10:01 AM
Some Guy I'm just not that into it.
8th June 2006 05:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm just not that into it.

C'mon man, it looks to be a very, very tough series.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49358
8th June 2006 05:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

C'mon man, it looks to be a very, very tough series.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49358

allright I'm in lemme get a sixer of lite beer!
8th June 2006 11:06 PM
sirmoonie JB's real love for the Heat?

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3260625,00.html
9th June 2006 12:04 AM
sirmoonie Mavs on an off-night still looked unbeatbale.

Shaq 1-9 on free throws. Never seen a basketball stat like that in my life. Every single member of this message board could shoot better than that.
9th June 2006 01:28 PM
Some Guy The series is over.
9th June 2006 06:05 PM
FrankiePeppers Who lets Antoine Walker take 19 shots?! Unless he plans to shoot 50%, he should only get 8 - 10 /game

7 for 19 is Walkers shooting attempts and the free throw attempts for the whole Heat team. Only Wade & Shaq attempted FT's. Is everyone else scared to drive the lane on Dampier!? Yikes!

You know you're in trouble when Van Horne is running the floor on transition.

When will Shaq get called for flagrant foul? What does he have to do, rip someone's arm out of the socket?

Where is Marv Albert when you need him?

9th June 2006 06:43 PM
PeerQueer

Where is Marv Albert when you need him?

[/quote]

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!
12th June 2006 11:54 AM
time is on my side
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Dude, the NBA playoffs have been some of the most exciting basketball in years.

While I tend to agree with this statement, the finals themselves, up to this point, have been something of a dud. BORING would probably be a more appropriate word.

Two blowouts by an obviously superior Mavs team. If the 34 year old and seemly overrated Shaq continues to refuse to show up, this will be a very quick series (4 or 5 games). Hoping for a more entertaining and interesting series as it moves back to Miami.
12th June 2006 12:01 PM
Some Guy Heat are done!
12th June 2006 12:07 PM
sirmoonie 5 points out of Shaq, following his 1-9 FT. No hall of fame for this dude.

Mavs probably pick one up in Miami, then close it out in game 5 - who'd a thunked?
12th June 2006 12:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Dallas in 4
Jason Terry

Three Philosophers: Brewery Ommegang - Online Store
5 points out of Shaq, following his 1-9 FT. No hall of fame for this dude.

Mavs probably pick one up in Miami, then close it out in game 5 - who'd a thunked?
[Edited by Some Guy]
12th June 2006 12:17 PM
time is on my side
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
5 points out of Shaq, following his 1-9 FT. No hall of fame for this dude.

In the finals, the team with home court advantage (the Mavs) play the first 2 games at home & then they play the next three games at the other teams court (the Heat). Games 6 and 7 are then played on the court of the team with home court advantage (the Mavs).

They only do this for the finals. I think it gives a clear advantage to the team with three straight home games.

Not that it will make any difference the way this series is going.
[Edited by time is on my side]
12th June 2006 12:29 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

In the finals, the team with home court advantage (the Mavs) play the first 2 games at home & then they play the next three games at the other teams court (the Heat). Games 6 and 7 are then played on the court of the team with home court advantage (the Mavs).

They only do this for the finals. I think it gives a clear advantage to the team with three straight home games.

Not that it will make any difference the way this series is going.
[Edited by time is on my side]

Thanks, I had forgotten that.

So Mavs close it in game 6 after picking up 1 of the 3 in Miami, and they have to keep JB in lockdown for another week.
12th June 2006 12:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Dallas in four.
Shaq is all washed up.
12th June 2006 02:28 PM
Some Guy PITTSBURGH (AP) - Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was badly hurt in a motorcycle crash Monday and undergoing surgery. The extent of his injuries was not known.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said before the operation. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger likes to ride without a helmet, a habit that once prompted coach Bill Cowher to lecture him on the dangers. It was not known whether Roethlisberger was wearing a helmet when he crashed.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was injured in a motorcycle crash Monday. (Gene J. Puskar / Associated Press)

The crash happened at an intersection at the edge of downtown at about 11:30 a.m. A pool of blood was still visible there by early afternoon.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Kraus said police and homicide units were investigating the crash, something standard when there is an accident with critical injuries. Kraus would give no details on the extent of Roethlisberger's injuries or if anyone else was injured.

Steelers backup quarterback Charlie Batch was at the emergency room. He had no comment.

A silver Chrysler New Yorker with damage to the front passenger fender was removed and Roethlisberger's bike was loaded onto a flatbed truck. Police were detouring traffic around the crash scene as onlookers and media gathered.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship. He was 23 when he did it last February.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended to make helmets optional.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."
12th June 2006 02:45 PM
Joey

Dallas in Five !

14th June 2006 12:10 AM
sirmoonie Close game, but it doesn't look possible for Heat. Mavs let that one get away.
14th June 2006 05:32 AM
egon GAY
14th June 2006 05:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
GAY

supergay!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)