ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1981 TFC
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NBA championship - Mavericks vs. Heat (SSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
14th June 2006 05:48 AM
egon so was the france/swiss match...
14th June 2006 06:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
so was the france/swiss match...

it was an overgay game!!

14th June 2006 10:56 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

supergay!!!

6-22 foul shooting? Agreed, supergay. I don't think O'Neal get HOF based on that continued ineptitude. World Cup soccer/football players could kick free throws at a higher perentage than O'Neal bricks them.
14th June 2006 11:06 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

6-22 foul shooting? Agreed, supergay. I don't think O'Neal get HOF based on that continued ineptitude. World Cup soccer/football players could kick free throws at a higher perentage than O'Neal bricks them.

that was a half court post nothing but net.
14th June 2006 11:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dear moonie
that s always the problem with Interiors like O neal, or if I m correct Pat Ewing or David Robinson a few years ago.
Incredible low rates of free throws!!
15th June 2006 01:32 PM
jb Shaq is one of the greatest players of all time. He also makes affordable sneakers for kids, has a great sense of humor, avoids scandals/drugs, and makes a real difference in the community. They have effectively guarded him this game, however, if we win tonight(which I doubt), watch out!!!!
15th June 2006 01:38 PM
Jumping Jack Shaq is a great man but can't shoot a free throw worthashit!!!
15th June 2006 01:40 PM
Some Guy he be knocking em down all day in practice.
15th June 2006 01:42 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Shaq is a great man but can't shoot a free throw worthashit!!!

He never has but still has 3 rings and brought 3 different teams to the finals.....and in all honesty, if we have to rely on Shaq making free-throws, this thing is done. I expect a loss tonight, a win Sunday, and a loss that tueday(mavs in 6). Shaq is the nicest pro athlete I have ever met.
15th June 2006 08:53 PM
mac_daddy
shaq is a selfish, immature jackass, his work ethic blows, and he is an egomaniac. just wait til you've had him around town awhile...

15th June 2006 10:16 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

shaq is a selfish, immature jackass, his work ethic blows, and he is an egomaniac. just wait til you've had him around town awhile...

Thats always been my take on him. Although compared to Kobe, he's Larry Bird in terms of work ethic and team play. Riley does get the best out of him.
15th June 2006 11:49 PM
sirmoonie Good chance the Mavs will regret Game 3 very soon. Whoever wins Game 5 takes it.
16th June 2006 01:23 AM
jb Just got home...Shaq is a great player, but more impotantly, a great role model. Wade is truly a phenom. We are still in a hole, but atleast we have a chance now. Shaq is the nicest pro athlete I ever met...no scandls, loves the kids, and is genuinely honest, even it it sometimes offends....all real NBA fans understand that Shaq is one of the all time greats.
16th June 2006 04:19 AM
time is on my side My take is this series just got even.

The Mavs had the series and game 3 in the bag. However, instead of going for the kill, they got tentative and passive. When you blow an 11 point lead with 5 minutes to go in the game, it's a combination of good play by the team behind (the Heat) and poor play by the team with the lead (the Mavs) that even allows the team behind a chance to catch up.

Game 3 breathed new life into the Heat. They looked like a different team tonight & it seemed to take something away from the Mavs (they looked terrible). I agree whoever wins game 5 will probably win the series.

This series just got interesting. Instead of being a four or five game series, this one is going seven.

Finally, people continue to confuse the 34 year old Shaq with the Shaq of a few years ago. While it's true he can still dominate the game at times, he's not the player he was. The Heat are Dwayne Wade's team. Even Shaq says as much. It was Dwayne Wade (not Shaq) who brought the Heat back from the brink of elimination in game 3. In fact, Shaq had a terrible 2nd half in game 3 where he had more turnovers than points.

Shaq is an important part of the Heat but he's not their leader. The leader and most valuable player on the Heat is Dwayne Wade.

16th June 2006 04:58 AM
Jumping Jack 98-74

Congrats Mr. L.

Humiliation avoided. It is now clear how much your support means to them. Better book ticks for Dallas!
16th June 2006 07:24 AM
Nellcote JB Lives!
16th June 2006 07:56 AM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Just got home...Shaq is a great player, but more impotantly, a great role model. Wade is truly a phenom. We are still in a hole, but atleast we have a chance now. Shaq is the nicest pro athlete I ever met...no scandls, loves the kids, and is genuinely honest, even it it sometimes offends....all real NBA fans understand that Shaq is one of the all time greats.

shaq and dan two unblemished athletes in miami... but how about wade last nite as the heat tie it up!
16th June 2006 08:00 AM
chevysales
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

isn't that a perfect description of kobe bryant?
16th June 2006 08:52 AM
mac_daddy you guys can change the subject all you like, esp. you heat fans that dont wanna admit what you have in clank-fu... i wasnt saying a thing about kobe... i simply stated the impression that kazaam left on alot of us here in los angeles...

if you dont believe the big guy is self-absorbed, watch his reality show sometime...

not to mention he is rapidly declining in skill, so from a basketball perspective, and since all the haters brought it up, keeping kobe absolutely was the right call for the lakers. now as for shaq - that fata$$ had two more years on his conract with the greatest nba franchise (as the highest paid nba player), but he bitched like a little girl 'cos kobe was getting the attention from dr buss (kobe was a free agent, and clank was locked down). now if it was me, i would have made that big baby play for the lakers for the remainder of his contract, and if he wanted to pout on the bench, like he SAID he was going to do, so be it. but i wouldnt have traded that m*therf*cker. and you know what, if lamar continues to develop - that trade is gonna look real good for the lakers, esp. when the heat lose this series (after which they will realistically not have another chance at a ring with clank-fu)...

wade is the real deal - too bad he has to play with asshats like clank and gary payton... speaking of which, has the glove's old lady started chiming in with demands for her husband..? there is no doubt about who wears the pants in that family...

16th June 2006 09:06 AM
Nellcote Ah, Mr. Macdaddy, please feast your eyes upon the following item from The Guiniess Book Of Records, before you crown the Lakers "the greatest franchise in the NBA".

Most NBA Championship Titles
The Boston Celtics have won the most NBA Championship titles. They won in 1957, 1959-66, 1968-9, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, and 1986.

While it is no secret the Celts have not won for 20 yrs, it's all about the bling baybee...
16th June 2006 09:18 AM
mac_daddy i hear ya nellecote, but that bling is quite tarnished now (thanks to danny ainge, rick pitino and ml carr)...

and the lakers should have more bling soon, despite what all the haters have to say...

red's record is going down, too...

all things must pass.

16th June 2006 09:29 AM
sirmoonie Clank-Fu. Very nice, I like that.

1986 Celtics - best team ever.
16th June 2006 09:46 AM
Nellcote Ainge has done more in two years than Pitino did his whole time here. I'm reluctant to use the word "great" towards anything, unless factually correct, which is the case for the Celts. The Green Shall Rise once again!
16th June 2006 09:48 AM
Joey

{TAP-TAP..TESTING...TESTING}
" Miami in Seven . I know things. Thank you and God bless!"

16th June 2006 11:29 AM
Some Guy Heat have turned it around and now have the momentum
16th June 2006 11:30 AM
jb The Celtics were great but never as good as "show time"..people liked them b/c of a few white super-stars. Bottom line, lakers(whom I hated at the time) won more titles and alwasy got the upper hand agaisnt the Celtics. As far as Shaq, yes, like most athletes, he has a larger than life presense/ego. He brought that crap LA team 3 titles despite playing with the most selfish guy in NBA history. Bottom line, we played for the eastern conference title last year and for a NBA title this year...I'll take the 2-3 Shaq years versus Tobe anytime. He has put this city on the map and more importantly, loves the kids. Fuck the Lakers and the Celtics...2 has been franchises who were lucky to play in the 80's when everyone else sucked...(the Chief was cool)
[Edited by jb]
16th June 2006 11:32 AM
Some Guy Stackhouse is a douchebag.
16th June 2006 11:40 AM
TampabayStone Hated Shaq ever since he left Orlando, have to admit that since he came back to the Eastern Conferance, I kind of like him again. He is funny as hell. He said last night that he was Superman's father other son. Can't think of what Superman's daddy name is.
16th June 2006 11:41 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Stackhouse is a douchebag.

Always has been, but he seems to finally understand his role. I have no problem with the hard foul.
16th June 2006 11:41 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
The Celtics were great but never as good as "show time"..people liked them b/c of a few white super-stars. Bottom line, lakers(whom I hated at the time) won more titles and alwasy got the upper hand agaisnt the Celtics. As far as Shaq, yes, like most athletes, he has a larger than life presense/ego. He brought that crap LA team 3 titles despite playing with the most selfish guy in NBA history. Bottom line, we played for the eastern conference title last year and for a NBA title this year...I'll take the 2-3 Shaq years versus Tobe anytime. He has put this city on the map and more importantly, loves the kids. Fuck the Lakers and the Celtics...2 has been franchises who were lucky to play in the 80's when everyone else sucked...(the Chief was cool)
[Edited by jb]

I respectuflly dissent. First not everyone in the 80s sucked (see, e.g., Detroit Piss). Second, the Lakes and the Celts would have played championship ball in any decade - I think either of them would have taken the 90s Bulls in most years - certainly would have biffed the Rockets, Spurs, or the 90-00s Lakers. The Kobe-Shaq Lakers were as weak as the Hakeem Rockets. Third, the Lakers did take it to the Celts most of the time, but 1986 Celts - I've never seen that before, they were a machine and could kill anyone at will. Fourth, yes the Celts were popular because of front office policy of hiring whitey (a stategy that ultimately put them in the mediocre ranks for the last 20 years), but that doesn't mean Bird-McHale et al. weren't a fantastic team.

I got a basketball jones, I got a basketball jones, set a pick for me at the free throw of life!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)