ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leno to Host Carlin, Coulter on Wednesday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
15th June 2006 10:32 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Suffice it top say that the jury is still very much out on the science of global warming. I'm not coming down on either side of this argument until all the facts are in.

My friend, that is not true. The science is in, just like with flouracarbons in the 70's...
Remeber, it was republicans who invented things like Natl Parks and protecting the envoirment. Even if global warming wasn't real, all the things we would do to prevent it, should be done anyway. Our air and water are dirty, we get oil from people who hate us and it's finite....
You know what pisses me off. There was a time when you could get a tax rebate for putting in the very expensive, solar energy system in a home. you know who lobbyed to get rid of that rebate, energy companies, who get major tax breaks! There's nothing wrong with free energy that's clean.
I don't know if global warming is 100% for real either... I'm quicker to trust a scientist who is just doing research, than someone who is working for a energy company or a polluter. I'm not going to trust companies that lobbied to eliminate rebates to make solar energy more affordable, so they wouldn't lose money. I'm good at shooting myself in the foot, and i know when someone is doing it for me... When it comes to our envoirment, I'm a conservative, a real conservative. Fuck Big business let's protect the envoirment, big businesses will have to adapt or die...
" Theadore Roosevelt held the ideal that the Government should be the great arbiter of the conflicting economic forces in the Nation, especially between capital and labor, guaranteeing justice to each and dispensing favors to none. "
Isn't that what a Republican should be?
15th June 2006 10:46 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So the Zarqwai memo is a hoax foisted upon an unsuspecting American public by the corrupt US Military? Is that what you are trying to allege?

Riffy

Huh? What? Just reading too much from that wacky DLM, I guess. Doesn't seem like anyone's willing to acknowledge if they're real. Even Mr. Dick. But does it really matter anyways?

AP:
There was no way to confirm the authenticity of the information attributed to al-Qaeda, and U.S. and Iraqi officials offered conflicting accounts of when and where it was seized.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's office said Iraqi forces found the document in al-Zarqawi's hideout after the June 7 U.S. airstrike that killed him.

However, U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said the document had been taken from a computer in a raid during the three-week operation to track down al-Zarqawi.

Vice President Dick Cheney said the document, if authenticated, shows the terrorists know they are losing the war.

The words “are fascinating because they do reveal – obviously whoever wrote them, assuming they are authentic – somebody who believes they are on the losing end of the engagement,” Cheney said on the Sean Hannity radio show.

15th June 2006 11:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

My friend, that is not true. The science is in, just like with flouracarbons in the 70's...
Remeber, it was republicans who invented things like Natl Parks and protecting the envoirment. Even if global warming wasn't real, all the things we would do to prevent it, should be done anyway. Our air and water are dirty, we get oil from people who hate us and it's finite....
You know what pisses me off. There was a time when you could get a tax rebate for putting in the very expensive, solar energy system in a home. you know who lobbyed to get rid of that rebate, energy companies, who get major tax breaks! There's nothing wrong with free energy that's clean.
I don't know if global warming is 100% for real either... I'm quicker to trust a scientist who is just doing research, than someone who is working for a energy company or a polluter. I'm not going to trust companies that lobbied to eliminate rebates to make solar energy more affordable, so they wouldn't lose money. I'm good at shooting myself in the foot, and i know when someone is doing it for me... When it comes to our envoirment, I'm a conservative, a real conservative. Fuck Big business let's protect the envoirment, big businesses will have to adapt or die...
" Theadore Roosevelt held the ideal that the Government should be the great arbiter of the conflicting economic forces in the Nation, especially between capital and labor, guaranteeing justice to each and dispensing favors to none. "
Isn't that what a Republican should be?

I hear bro,and I agree that every effort to do less damage to the enviorment the better,obviously. I'm just saying that for every scientist that says global warming is real and we are causing it I can post ten more that say it's true but we're not causing any of it and that it's all cyclical weather patterns dating back centuries. But,hey I'm all about keeping the planet eviromentally healty. I just don't think that Algore's movie offers a well balanced argument from all sides. In fact I know it doesn't.

Here check this link pdog. These are scientists that have no horse in the race. They are not on anyone's payroll and have no political affiliations.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2006...arris061206.htm

Riffy
16th June 2006 03:19 AM
pdog Tom Harris is mechanical engineer and Ottawa Director of High Park Group, a public affairs and public policy company.
Riffy this group works on getting Conservative issues and candidates elected... Which is fine, except, the guy in charge of Shake The Pillars is also the head of this company:
Stikeman Elliott represents a broad range of energy industry clients. Our practice focuses on two main areas: Oil & Gas and Electricity. In the oil and gas sector, Stikeman Elliott 's Calgary practice is recognized as a Canadian leader, with high-level expertise in all aspects of the industry from corporate finance to regulatory matters.

I'm sorry Riffy... I'm not being some off the wall tree loving hippie. The people who don't want us to change our energy policies, or even seek free, cheap or clean sources are people who are looking out for their wallets. They do not give a shit about our children or this planet. They will spend money in great amounts, just like Tobacco did, to tell you that their deadly product is safe. I'm not saying I got all the facts and evidence on climate changes and our effects on it. I do my best to see who is behind the information, and what they might hope to gain.
Global climatic chane is real. And the warming is what will be the precursor for a new ice age. global warming isn't really about being warm, in the long run it's about being really cold. And it's as real as Terrorism the only difference, terorists can't cause as much damage to us as we can to ourselves... And the irony that we could bankrupt these Islamfucks and clean up at the same time. If it wasn't so scarey, I'd laugh...

[Edited by pdog]
16th June 2006 11:49 AM
sirmoonie If anyone needs a refresher course in drinking fundamentals, I am available for private consultation or small groups. You will find my rates are lower than most licensed Boozemen, and I guarantee complete inebriation or your money back.

Summer Special - Limited Availability - bring your wife/girlfriend along, and get "half off"!

Please see my website: www.sirbooze.com

*Equal Opportunty Drinker. Not licensed in Utah or New Jersey.
16th June 2006 11:58 AM
monkey_man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If anyone needs a refresher course in drinking fundamentals, I am available for private consultation or small groups. You will find my rates are lower than most licensed Boozemen, and I guarantee complete inebriation or your money back.

Summer Special - Limited Availability - bring your wife/girlfriend along, and get "half off"!

Please see my website: www.sirbooze.com

*Equal Opportunty Drinker. Not licensed in Utah or New Jersey.

Too fucking funny!
16th June 2006 12:55 PM
pdog For a thread that was "hot topic" seems the well of thought has dried up... Can I claim a victory for the Social Libertarian mindset?

Generals who claim accidental military deaths can be offset by deaths in combat... Faux writers with ties to the energy industry to dispute the undisputable evidence that we have damaged this planet.

I'm sad... I'm going to join Sirmoonies drinking group... Fuck A.A. !!!
16th June 2006 12:57 PM
glencar Sorry, Dawg, Ann's the winner. #1 with a bullet.
16th June 2006 12:58 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sorry, Dawg, Ann's the winner. #1 with a bullet.

Ann has refused to debate on live TV... She is a coward!
16th June 2006 01:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes, any imbecile can debate on live TV!

Dabates are like Nascar races - who cares who wins?
16th June 2006 01:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
pdog wrote:

So the debate she had two nights ago on live TV with a New Jersey congressman was just my imagination?

16th June 2006 01:11 PM
glencar Ann beats all comers. #1 with a bullet! Just like the Stones in the 70's!
16th June 2006 01:14 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

So the debate she had two nights ago on live TV with a New Jersey congressman was just my imagination?

With me, she is a coward!
16th June 2006 01:16 PM
glencar On FOX now is that guy from Washington who refuses to go to Iraq, Lt. Ehren Watada.
16th June 2006 01:21 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
On FOX now is that guy from Washington who refuses to go to Iraq, Lt. Ehren Watada.

He's not going b/c he was supposed to die in a car crash in The USA, and they're trying to move his death to Iraq...
C'mon Blue, this is a no brainer. You'd do the same thing, no!
16th June 2006 01:36 PM
glencar i'd go. i think we should move this thing - iraq- along asap but i'd still not abandon my troops.
16th June 2006 01:52 PM
SheRat
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Too fucking funny!

As is the cartoon in your sig...
16th June 2006 01:55 PM
monkey_man Hey She Rat!
I hear you are getting married very soon. Congrats!!
MM
16th June 2006 02:00 PM
glencar i like that cartoon too!
16th June 2006 02:03 PM
pdog so you admit it blue... Ann is a bitch from hell.. LOL!
I need a summit... We laugh harder...
16th June 2006 02:04 PM
glencar a laugh's a laugh, pdoggy. gotta keep a sense of humor or else you turn into teddy kennedy - a sad drunk who blows hard and often...
16th June 2006 03:04 PM
glencar yes, having terrorists attack Ann can be seen as a positive thing by some people...
16th June 2006 04:06 PM
pdog Why has my outing of Canadas Free Press writers background gone unanswered. He works for a Lobbyist Group that is run by a man who is also A CEO in a law firm that represents Oil, Gas & Electric Co.'s.
That's not news, that is propaganda... Is Mr. Harris who is also a Mechsanical Engineer also affiliated with Energy? I don'tknow, but I wouldn't be surprised.
And why am I not getting an answer about the General who has miraculously moved accidental deaths in the USA, and made them into combat deaths in Iraq... Who is the great commander. This si nothing short of a miracle. Is it possible to replace Cancer deaths in the same way...
I've heard alot about the liberal media, enough to make my head spin... This is straight up dirty media... It's false... I'm very depressed, my friends have abondoned me to go have flame wars instead of really looking at these two topics.
16th June 2006 04:14 PM
telecaster
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why has my outing of Canadas Free Press writers background gone unanswered. He works for a Lobbyist Group that is run by a man who is also A CEO in a law firm that represents Oil, Gas & Electric Co.'s.
That's not news, that is propaganda... Is Mr. Harris who is also a Mechsanical Engineer also affiliated with Energy? I don'tknow, but I wouldn't be surprised.
And why am I not getting an answer about the General who has miraculously moved accidental deaths in the USA, and made them into combat deaths in Iraq... Who is the great commander. This si nothing short of a miracle. Is it possible to replace Cancer deaths in the same way...
I've heard alot about the liberal media, enough to make my head spin... This is straight up dirty media... It's false... I'm very depressed, my friends have abondoned me to go have flame wars instead of really looking at these two topics.

"Ah son, there ain't no draft no more"

Sgt Hulka circa 1981

Fact: More US troops would have died on the roads of the USA and training accidents than have died in Iraq during the time we enforced the Cease Fire agreement in March 2003

What is your point?
16th June 2006 04:26 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Fact: More US troops would have died on the roads of the USA and training accidents than have died in Iraq during the time we enforced the Cease Fire agreement in March 2003

What is your point?

Heres a point:
Equating combat deaths to traffic accidents is an unpatriotic comment. It demeans the troops. Who said this? The amount of troops we have in our military, the numbers you are citing, compare it our population and the amount of deaths in accidents. A percentage difference that great should be a cause for concern to begin with.
Who said this? Whoever it is, is just as lame as the "broads" in Jersey that Ann is slamming.
Did the amount of accidental deaths decrease in anyway? If so, than it's a brilliant way to keep people alive. Otherwise it's a comment that equates the heroic sacrifice of our soldiers and puts them in a category of accident.
IED's and T-bones hit and runs?
I realy want to know who said this and when... If a liberal asshole said The WTC attacks killed the same amount of people that would've died in criminal homocides in NY/NJ you would be up in arms. I know I would !!!
[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)