ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

...You scratch just like a monkey
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leno to Host Carlin, Coulter on Wednesday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
15th June 2006 05:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
And yet I was so nice to you on taht other trhead. Do you get extra money for trolling?

you can name call and get pissy with me all you want. Thats fine with me. It doesnt bother me in the least. But it does upset me how you constantly get harsh with the name calling and stuff with others - basically anyone who disagrees with you. Especially since others dont do it to you. You just constantly come off as childish.
15th June 2006 05:39 PM
glencar Please, missy, you've posted much nastier stuff to me on other threads. You are a hypocrite of the lowest order.
15th June 2006 05:49 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
See, this is what we should all do. As I read those with whom I disagreed, SheRat went & read Ann's column. Maybe you'll find some areas of agreement or maube you'll harden your hearts but it's worth a try.

My only complaint... Seems like Limbaugh, Coulter and Hannity are acting like sore winners. It may be my perspective only, it's just there hostility is permeating into our everyday life. Like the hostility here in threads that are hot topics... The thing that I don't like, is the attitude that if you disagree, you're not an American. The reason this bugs me, is that my definiton of America, is respecting Americans, especially those with whom you fundamantaly disagree with. At the same time, i won't take the blame away from the left for this too. There's no argumant that The left was the media for many years... It's not anymore, hence the sore winner aspect.
Domestically I'm very social, and when it comes to foreign affairs I'm way more conservative.
I do see one huge irony in all this. The biggest excuse to go to war in Iraq was September 11th ... And coulter is saying shit about the wives of people killed in those attacks. The hypocrisy is even IMO. The reality is what it is too. 400 Billion plus dollars and a shit load of dead and even 5 x's as many injured soldiers.
These soldiers are defending everyone, not just those who support the war... I really hope that those who are getting thier way so to say, politically... Can realize that, and not be sore winners. I really think that is far worse for our country than alot of the stuff we actually debate...
Rant over!
15th June 2006 05:50 PM
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
See, this is what we should all do. As I read those with whom I disagreed, SheRat went & read Ann's column. Maybe you'll find some areas of agreement or maube you'll harden your hearts but it's worth a try.

To be fair, I didn't go read that column because of this thread...I had already read it. I read Ann--not regularly, but I do. She can definitely have a quick wit and can be tres amusant. There are always points I agree with--what I usually don't agree with is that I think she IS superfluously nasty and, further, I think in denial about a few things. She should just let her jokes speak for themselves, instead of throwing in the odd "and we should shoot liberals" type stuff. This *in spite* of the fact that I am also perfectly aware that her violence might be more palatable coming from someone with a dick. IE, if she weren't a woman, would her hyperbole strike such a dissonant chord? To me, it doesn't matter either way. Man or woman, I feel her jokes should speak for themselves.

I also think HER world view is hopelessly naive. But whatever. Like with Camille Paglia, there are traits in these women that make me REALLY WANT to endorse them...but I just can't.

I used to say if you locked me in a room with Camille and a bottle of Jack, I'd have her straightened out in no time. That's a little obnoxious as anything more than a joke, but realistically, I'm sure both women would be funor at least interesting to get drunk with.

And no NOT THAT WAY. Both of them are too horsey for me. More Mick's type...

[btw: I was just being mean and hungover when I posted that shit about them sucking my clit, and, as those who know me know, that is just one of my many coulter-like-in-it's-violence catchphrases/jokes.]

[Edited by SheRat]
15th June 2006 05:57 PM
glencar 2 good posts. I'm at the point where I think the war should be closed up ASAP. It's dragged on way too long & things within the Iraqi gov't seem to be getting better. I'm not happy with Bush for certain things going on with federal employees. I rarely listen to Rush anymore. I think Ann did go too far with some of what she said about the 4 women but it probably worked to get her more attention than ever.

As for people hating America, I do have a brother-in-law who says that regularly. He thinks we're all money-hungry & destructive. He has affected my thinking on the environment but I can't talk politics with him too much. He's somewhat embittered because of the stream of Dem losses.
15th June 2006 06:00 PM
telecaster Two nights ago Ann was on Hannity talking about her book

At the very same time, Larry King had an entire show with 4 libs talking about Ann

The broad is a marketing genius.....

#1 on Amazon
15th June 2006 06:07 PM
glencar And the next night he had Algore on. He was back to doing that sighing thing. Hard to watch.
SheRat
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's somewhat embittered because of the stream of Dem losses.

I just don't understand how anyone could get attached to either party so strongly that when they lose, you become embittered. But whatever...that's just me.
glencar
quote:
SheRat wrote:

I just don't understand how anyone could get attached to either party so strongly that when they lose, you become embittered. But whatever...that's just me.

Nor can I but I've seen it on both sides.
15th June 2006 06:09 PM
SheRat
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Two nights ago Ann was on Hannity talking about her book

At the very same time, Larry King had an entire show with 4 libs talking about Ann

#1 on Amazon

Yes, very Madonna-esque. Speaking of which, what the fuck is up with her? I was at the gym the other day and they had some blubbering Catholic dude on giving himself an anuerysm about some shit she did on a crucifix? How very 1989 of her...
15th June 2006 06:12 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Two nights ago Ann was on Hannity talking about her book

#1 on Amazon

Weirdest question: Have you ever had sex with a liberal?
Why did Leno ask that?
I've got theories and it's basically that Ann has played the gender card covertly. I'm not saying it's a bad thing either. She Rat touched on it very well. The thing that strikes me most is how she said I have 1 liberal friend. She's obviously talking about Bill Maher, who with Ann is the best grouping of people on political TV ever. Anyway, I didn't take her seriously that she only has one liberal friend, that's Ann's schtick. BUT!!! She comes of elitist, and that's the thing that I don't like. All sides are doing this... The reason it's sickeneing, is b/c all these people doing this, and it comes down to self serving. It's not about Patriotism or America or anything. And this is why, the rest of the world is looking at us like we're idiots. We treat everyone else like they have to earn our respect, if you're not with us, you don't get it, the whole time thinknig we have the right to demand respect. Globally or personally, i'm hoping everyone would agree, that isn't reality... It actually just makes you look bad.
15th June 2006 06:15 PM
Riffhard Hey Blue,Tele,Jerry T,Macky did you guys read the document that was found in Zarqawi's not-so-safe-house? It's a pretty telling read.

Just to nutshell it...

He says that the American plan is having great success,and that the Iraqi forces are making huge strides.

He says that the only way to beat back the American and Iraqi forces is to foment a civil war between the Shia and the Sunnis. He goes on to describe ways of detonating bombs and planting false evidance that implicates the Shia(both Iraqi and Iranian Shia).

He continues to say that if the Americans see enough car bombs and IED casualties that we will eventually lose the stomach for the war. (Gee,I wonder who they got that idea from?)

In the end he admits that al Queada is loosing inside Iraq,and that hey are desperate to turn it around. I wonder who they would like to see win in November?

Zarqawi admits all is almost lost. Democrats say shit!

Riffy

Anyway here read it for yourselves
15th June 2006 06:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Blue,Tele,Jerry T,Macky did you guys read the document that was found in Zarqawi's not-so-safe-house? It's a pretty telling read.

Just to nutshell it...

He says that the American plan is having great success,and that the Iraqi forces are making huge strides.

He says that the only way to beat back the American and Iraqi forces is to foment a civil war between the Shia and the Sunnis. He goes on to describe ways of detonating bombs and planting false evidance that implicates the Shia(both Iraqi and Iranian Shia).

He continues to say that if the Americans see enough car bombs and IED casualties that we will eventually lose the stomach for the war. (Gee,I wonder who they got that idea from?)

In the end he admits that al Queada is loosing inside Iraq,and that hey are desperate to turn it around. I wonder who they would like to see win in November?

Zarqawi admits all is almost lost. Democrats say shit!

Riffy

Anyway here read it for yourselves

No one should be surprised... I knew creating a civil war between Shia and Sunni was our number one threat before we invaded. And I'm an uneducated idiot!
This is why I say we must succeed... Everyone wants to cut and run now! WTF? We spent all this fucking money, I want a return on it!
15th June 2006 06:20 PM
glencar Good news! The end is in sight?
15th June 2006 06:26 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good news! The end is in sight?

15th June 2006 06:32 PM
nanatod
quote:
nanatod wrote:
I prefer my conservatives more intellectual, academic, mellow, and laid back, like William F. Buckley, Jr. or Justice Richard Posner, rather than this new breed of in-your-face conversatives, epitomized by Ann Coulter.

I forgot to add two things this morning:

(1) From the responses to the above some people may have misconstrued the above and erroneously put me in the conservative camp. I am a progressive liberal myself, not a conservative.

(2) I prefer my rock and roll (and my Rolling Stones) to be unintellectual, unacademic, un-mellow, and not laid back.
15th June 2006 07:33 PM
Riffhard
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I forgot to add two things this morning:

(1) From the responses to the above some people may have misconstrued the above and erroneously put me in the conservative camp. I am a progressive liberal myself, not a conservative.

(2) I prefer my rock and roll (and my Rolling Stones) to be unintellectual, unacademic, un-mellow, and not laid back.

That's quite alright your point was still valid regardless of your politics.

By the way if the Republicans want to see Iraq stable and with an Iraqi form of self determined goverment/democracy then wouldn't the Republicans be advocating a progressive approach towards Iraq?

Likewise,if the Democrats are advoting a "declare victory and leave",ala "cut and run",approach would they not be representing a regressive approach? Leaving before the new Iraqi goverment can safely secure their own sovereignty would be doing exactly what the Zarqawi memo is hoping for,and would no doubt see Iraq regress back to tyranny. Sounds pretty damned regressive to me.

Mark Levin said it best. Democrats are always there when the first bullets fly,but don't count on them to stick around for the last ones to be fired. They don't have the stomach for it.

US troops killed in Iraq in the last three years-2,500

Murders in the US in the last years-16,700

Motorists killed on US roads last year-42,000+

Riffy
15th June 2006 08:00 PM
telecaster Riffy you are amazing

The General in charge of the National Guard said he would have lost more troops to DUI/Motorcyle/Car Crashes in "peacetime" than that have been killed in Iraq

So glad we have a 100% Volunteer military

Brave, brave people. The best.

Does NBC/MSNBC and the DLM and their friends list death tolls from DUI/Motorcycle/Car Crashes of military members on the "Nightly News?"

15th June 2006 08:12 PM
Riffhard
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Riffy you are amazing

Does NBC/MSNBC and the DLM and their friends list death tolls from DUI/Motorcycle/Car Crashes of military members on the "Nightly News?"

Firstly,thank you Tele!

Secondly,no the DLM does not dwell on these other death statistics (auto accidents and murders) because it does not advance their agenda of slamming all things Bush,or WOT related.

You have to remember that liberal outrage is very selective. There is no way that they can pin 16,700 murders per year on the Bush Admin so their outrage is muted on these numbers. Same goes for the auto accident deaths.

We have been in Iraq for three years now and we have still suffered less US deaths(heroes all) there than we did on one sunny morning in September of 2001.

Riffy
15th June 2006 08:27 PM
telecaster
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Firstly,thank you Tele!

Secondly,no the DLM does not dwell on these other death statistics (auto accidents and murders) because it does not advance their agenda of slamming all things Bush,or WOT related.

You have to remember that liberal outrage is very selective. There is no way that they can pin 16,700 murders per year on the Bush Admin so their outrage is muted on these numbers. Same goes for the auto accident deaths.

We have been in Iraq for three years now and we have still suffered less US deaths(heroes all) there than we did on one sunny morning in September of 2001.

Riffy

Sadly....tonight

5 people that are members of the US Military will die a violent death

Not in Iraq

And NBC/CBS/DLM/BBC/Ted Koppell will not show their photos with some piano song in D-minor with Hollywood graphics

They will ignore them.

Why is that?
15th June 2006 08:28 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Riffy you are amazing

The General in charge of the National Guard said he would have lost more troops to DUI/Motorcyle/Car Crashes in "peacetime" than that have been killed in Iraq

So glad we have a 100% Volunteer military

Brave, brave people. The best.

"Peacetime"... That's a manipulation of a statistic. The accidental death rate doesn't decrease during a time of war, but the loss of troops killed in combat is a wartime only statistic. Basically all you're saying is more people are dying, b/c we are at war. Which is obvious.
They are brave, the bravest and the best...
And the real question is, does the miltary release the amount of soldiers who die in DUI's/car crashes ect ... or is that just a statisitc for the population as a whole.
Let's piss of Jizzy and build a strawman!!!
15th June 2006 08:38 PM
rasputin56 This thread is great. The discussion of how much safer it is in Iraq over Cleveland is priceless. I will cherish it. The Zarqawi letter? Did Dan Rather write that, too? An absolute thing of beauty.

15th June 2006 08:40 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

Let's piss off Jizzy and build a strawman!!!

LOL! Trust me I'm not trying to erect any strawmen here. I'm just trying to instill a sense of perspective here. That's all.

Riffy
15th June 2006 08:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
This thread is great. The discussion of how much safer it is in Iraq over Cleveland is priceless. I will cherish it. The Zarqawi letter? Did Dan Rather write that, too? An absolute thing of beauty.

You had a point?
15th June 2006 08:52 PM
rasputin56 Just be sure to get the dress cleaned when you guys are done.
[Edited by rasputin56]
15th June 2006 08:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! Trust me I'm not trying to erect any strawmen here. I'm just trying to instill a sense of perspective here. That's all.

Riffy

And it's appreciated. Perspective is what we need always. When things are one sided, we're all fucked.
I did find The Zarqawi letter intersting. His plans to mislead, pass blame and create enemies between the USa and Iran ect... It's ironic that Al Queda wanted us to invade Iraq and overthro Saddam too. Heres a liberal conspiracy though... Did they also plant the evidence that lead us into the war in Iraq? I'm joking and being sarcastic... One thing is obvious to me. The bullshit is piled up so high, you do need wings to stay above it...
What I can't figure out, did the accidental death rate go down among Us service personal? Are we talking National Guard troops only, since they're the majority of forces in Iraq? Does the military have a higher DUI/Accidental death rate than the rest of the population? Who was the guy who even said that shit, that is some weird shit to say. Wouldn't it be just a retarded to say, if we weren't at war in Iraq 2,500 American wouldn't be dead and over 20,000 wouldn't be injured?
If we can make a basis for acceptable death tolls by comparing them to peacetime accident statistics, can't we agree that Global Warming might be a real threat... Doesn't this cover the probability area enough?
I'm scratching my head alot today, and just thinking out loud!

[Edited by pdog]
15th June 2006 08:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
This thread is great. The discussion of how much safer it is in Iraq over Cleveland is priceless. I will cherish it. The Zarqawi letter? Did Dan Rather write that, too? An absolute thing of beauty.

So the Zarqwai memo is a hoax foisted upon an unsuspecting American public by the corrupt US Military? Is that what you are trying to allege?

Riffy
15th June 2006 09:09 PM
pdog I'm being ignored over Raspy's saracasm...

15th June 2006 10:06 PM
sirmoonie Howe do you even comment on "material" this inane? Try to teach them 8th grade algebra over the internet? Summin' and figgerin' and all that stuff? Ask for the obvious additional context to the uncited information presented? Point out to them when they used to cry about howe the media DIDN'T care enough when troops died? Give them the Webster's def of the word "nexus"? Summarize a day's worth of DLM news hailing Bush and Iraq progress? Well, I......wait, why?

They win! They win by a bizzaro process of idiotic attrition. I can't make myself stupid enough to respond. Why I ever wasted time doing so in the past is something that I will have to work on. Get me a beer, and work on it now. Yeah!

P.S. Anyone know if there are any conservative message boards I can post on? Thanks in advance.
15th June 2006 10:06 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm being ignored over Raspy's saracasm...

No you're not! LOL!

You bring a very valid point about the deaths and injuries of the troops. Had we not gone into Iraq those troops would largly be alive and uninjured. True,but,and there's always a but,what we are doing in Iraq is a noble goal and,by the sounds of the al Queda memo,is really starting to show signs of success. There will be more deaths obviously,and nobody Republican,Democrat,Conservative,or Liberal wants that.

However,at the end of the day if we bag out of there before our objectives are met we will truly have done more harm than good. Right now,regardless of what liberals say,we have acheived great things inside Iraq. The murderous Saddam Hussain is gone. This man is directly responsible for killing more Muslims than any man in the history of civilization. He also was a major sponser of terror,again liberals will not acknowledge this. Their excuse is simple..."Bush is waging a war of revenge for daddy,...This war is all about oil!!!....Halliburton!!! Halliburton!!! Halliburton!!! .....Saddam was not involved in the attacks of 9/11!!!......Bush lied about WMDs and people died!!!..." None of those arguments can be supported by one single solitary scrap of evidence,and moreover,they all ignore the facts that we do know about Saddam's Iraq. 17 seperate UN Resolutions ignored,he did harbour terrorists,Abu Abbas amoung them,he was paying for suicide bombers inside Israel that resulted in over 20 American deaths,he was a very very bad man who constanly tried,and did,destabilize the number one terror region in the world. All of these reasons were given,and accepted as to why we went into Iraq to begin with. This is often forgotten or intentionaly ignored or parsed by the Left. To the Left the sole reason we went in was because Bush lied about WMDs. Not true and he did not lie.

The death of Zarqawi and a roughly 200 to 1 kill rate is decimating the ranks of the al Queda not only in Iraq but around the world. Zarqawi was responsible for the Madrid train bombings,and the London train and subway bombs,as well as being linked to the disco bombing in Bali. He's dead now.

Good things are happening these days and I think we have turned a major corner inside Iraq recently. That liberals will never say anything positive about the events on the ground is proof(to me anyway) that they are trying politicize the war effort in order to undermine the Bush Administration and the war effort in general. Remember that these same Dems voted by a large margin to wage this war. This is also a fact that the Dems largely ignore.

Whew! Sorry for the length,but there's my answer pdog!

As for Global Warming? That would take a whole new thread and I ain't got that much jam!

Suffice it top say that the jury is still very much out on the science of global warming. I'm not coming down on either side of this argument until all the facts are in.

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)