ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Stade Gerland, Lyon 18th June 2007
© Jeep and Stalemate2006!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The problem with hero worship Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th June 2007 03:27 AM
FotiniD
quote:
pdog wrote:

Keiths self deception, will not be spotted by himself... If playing like crap, and falling and cracking your head open, isn't a wake up call, then what is?

Good point. But don't forget that alcoholism is chronic and some people never get rid of it either way. I don't think there's nothing anyone can do if Keith doesn't want to change the habit himself.
7th June 2007 03:31 AM
MrPleasant The main problem with alcoholism is age. As a matter of fact, the biggest problem with everything is age itself. Keith is old.
7th June 2007 03:37 AM
MrPleasant And, yes, George W. Bush is still the worst human being on earth.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
7th June 2007 04:23 AM
pdog
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Good point. But don't forget that alcoholism is chronic and some people never get rid of it either way. I don't think there's nothing anyone can do if Keith doesn't want to change the habit himself.

I'm an alcoholic, for what it's worth... You don't have to be down and out in the gutter to hit bottom, and some of the worst cases I've met, are people who had it all, but couldn't function as a human being... I'm not saying Keith is an alcohlic, but it may be a factor in this, it may be the long term abuse. Maybe he was loaded the other night. Who knows? The people around him do, and if they don't say anything, then they're allowing it to happen. I've been sober almost 11 years. I've met toothless crackheads who don't have shit and people who are famous got money and all the material stuff. It is an equal oppurtunity disease. And yes, there's no known cure...
I don't know exactly what to make of what I've seen the past two years... something ain't right, that's what I saw, and it got worse. Then the fall... The video of him a few months ago, all fucked up, really bothered me... I remember how he played last time I saw them... and now this show, which seems worse...
I want them to go out on top, rock the fuck out the next 3 months... I need that, as a fan of these guys. If things keep going this way, I'm gonna be bummed... Thank god for Mick... like he just said, it's like a game, you train, get ready, do it and then go to the next one... The team won't lose with him... I never though I'd say that... I also never thought I'd feel uncomfortable with Keith... Never!
Then again, I never thought I'd be sober, and happy!
7th June 2007 04:52 AM
egon it seems i'll have to get absolutely shitfaced before the concert on the 18th...
7th June 2007 04:57 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
it seems i'll have to get absolutely shitfaced before the concert on the 18th...

I m going to bring a great herb for the show Buddy
7th June 2007 05:48 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Zack wrote:
Like in Chicago when he knew it was going to be extremely cold. He was a mess there too.

He was actually 100% better in Chicago than he was in Foxboro a few weeks previous.....sad

the decline is obvious

but not irreversable

he needs help
7th June 2007 05:50 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

But taking ONE night - and in particular the opening night - using youtube videos as our basis and condemning a whole tour before it's even started... that's ridiculous, if you ask me. Wait it out. Give it some time.

We're not taking ONE night---he has sucked since last autumn BIG TIME, with only flashes of competence since
7th June 2007 06:51 AM
deuce Those videos are pathetic.

Secondly, I'm sick of Keith playing the same solo in every song. It's like he doesn't even know how the song goes, he just comes in randomly with that tired lick he always does.

Quit the blind worshipping. I know there's people on here that say "If you don't like, leave" or "That's our band and they don't owe us anything". Well, piss off. They owe us everything. They WERE the greatest rock and roll band in the world, now their a mere shell.It's unfortunate, but true.

[Edited by deuce]
7th June 2007 07:10 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
it seems i'll have to get absolutely shitfaced before the concert on the 18th...

Well I guess that would make for interesting photos and videos!!
7th June 2007 07:33 AM
Steel Wheels I must be blesses since every time I've ever seen the band, Keith has been great.

AC 2006 goes down as one of the best gigs, ever.
7th June 2007 08:50 AM
Lord Homosex Feel really bad for Mick Jagger. People come to see Jagger do his bop and the gyrating etc. And that was nothing to dance to. Jagger doesn't even have a mike to hold on to! He keeps turnig around and literally trying to conduct Keith; get him on to some kind of beat. Ron looks very much like "Hey it's ain't my bag to carry.." He's just laughin about it now.
I don't really mind "Wanna hold you" THAT much. There was a huge part of Miles' career when he played only a couple notes per song; now this was very much by design. And I can respect that. Maybe this is the way Keith hears his songs now..(that is giving him a mile to work with...) If Keith was choosing to do so it would be allright with me. But I'm not feeling that from him. On "Satisfaction" he is sabotaging his whole band; making his brothers look bad too. Now that is f*cked up.
7th June 2007 08:53 AM
The jinn, my friend. Seems he was stumbling the mouse.
7th June 2007 08:56 AM
Nellcote If Brian Jones was booted from the band he founded for similar substance abuse infractions, then, the same standard should apply to Keith Richards, right? After all, he's only a band member, not a founder of the band?
7th June 2007 09:00 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
If Brian Jones was booted from the band he founded for similar substance abuse infractions, then, the same standard should apply to Keith Richards, right? After all, he's only a band member, not a founder of the band?

You stirring it up, Nelly?
7th June 2007 09:05 AM
sirmoonie I just hope none of our board's youth are affected by this. Excessive alcohol consumption is a godly and noble thing. Don't reject your destiny just because this fucking old geezer can't hold his mud!
7th June 2007 09:06 AM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I just hope none of our board's youth are affected by this. Excessive alcohol consumption is a godly and noble thing. Don't reject your destiny just because this fucking old geezer can't hold his mud!

oh that's postin'.
and before lunch!
7th June 2007 09:18 AM
Nellcote
Meg, I'm just joe average observer of such matters.

It appears that the consensus here is that refunds
should be considered if Keith is not sober enough to
play. So, why should the band take the hit? Kick his
arse out now, hire, oh, I don't know, Jimmy Ripp, let
him play behind Ronnie. Then, it's done.

After all of these years, all of the water under the dam, (or grain alcohol, in this case), you mean to tell me that someone is going to talk Keith into anything? You can't change the stripes on a zebra. Keith will dry out when he wants to. Just like in 77, Toronto.

If fans don't like it, don't buy tickets, dvd's, lp's, swag. They do not come with personel disclaimers, and will not anytime soon. That way, there is not a situation of "owing".

This happens with real estate. Planned nuclear waste facility to be built in a properly zoned area. Bordering neighbors up in arms, this will devalue property, etc. Solutiuon: You don't like it? Buy the land.

In this case, don't buy the product. If you buy the product, know the ramifications.

Enough of this grousing about people owing fans performance.

As always, thank you for your continued support & cooperation

7th June 2007 09:31 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

After all of these years, all of the water under the dam, (or grain alcohol, in this case), you mean to tell me that someone is going to talk Keith into anything? You can't change the stripes on a zebra. Keith will dry out when he wants to. Just like in 77, Toronto.

If fans don't like it, don't buy tickets, dvd's, lp's, swag. They do not come with personel disclaimers, and will not anytime soon. That way, there is not a situation of "owing".

This happens with real estate. Planned nuclear waste facility to be built in a properly zoned area. Bordering neighbors up in arms, this will devalue property, etc. Solutiuon: You don't like it? Buy the land.

In this case, don't buy the product. If you buy the product, know the ramifications.

Oh..whining is just par for the course!!
I guarantee no one is gonna sell their tickets..they'll go and have a great time!! I have too much money invested for that...and anyway the party is just as fun as the concert!

We've been watching Keith kill himself slowly for years now..that ain't gonna change. And I'm not writing him off yet...
But damn if he can't play... turn him off and have Blondie play the licks!!! Save some face as a band.. It is why they have all those hired hands on stage, isn't it?!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
7th June 2007 09:36 AM
BONOISLOVE Is Johnny Depp an alcoholic, or he just plays one when he's molesting thirteen year old shcoolgirls?
7th June 2007 09:47 AM
MrPleasant vs?:

[Edited by MrPleasant]
7th June 2007 10:19 AM
mojoman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I m going to bring a great herb for the show Buddy

sticky will be there?
7th June 2007 02:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

I won't buy the ticket... I thought SS was crazy, when he said he was done... I'm folowing suit... The only reason I went to the Oakland show was a free ticket! I don't think it matters to them that me and SS won't go anymore... Oh well... I'm not buying a defective product! Especially b/c I'm now one of those old guys, that can say, I remember when a candy bar was .10 cents and twice the size... I'm going to see 6 to 10 shows this summer and still spend less than one Stones gig... and buy a ton of CD's, and still not spend the cost of one ticket... I'll still be the biggest and coolest Stones fan I know too!
7th June 2007 02:13 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
AC 2006 goes down as one of the best gigs, ever.

Ahem . . . AC II 2006 was the good gig. . .AC I 2006 sucked ass!
7th June 2007 02:17 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Ahem . . . AC II 2006 was the good gig. . .AC I 2006 sucked ass!

The first one blew the roof off....
7th June 2007 02:27 PM
monkey_man Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
7th June 2007 02:47 PM
deuce
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

No. They owe us everything. If it weren't for the fans, they'd be touring local civic centers. They owe the fans everything they've got. I think some of you just settle for anything that these guys do. There's no denying they were a great band, but it's laughable if you contend their still a great live band. Decent at times, but great?....Nope. Keith needs to get his shit together
7th June 2007 02:57 PM
Nellcote They owe you nothing.
You were not held hogtied over a burning fire to buy tickets, music or swag.
There was no agreement in the fine print to deliver 100%.
Write Jane Rose a letter if it bothers you so much.
Demand a refund.
It would be terrific if it was different.
It is what it is...

Besides, I'd kill to see them in a local civic center, great point that was....
7th June 2007 02:58 PM
pdog I agree duece, except it's not "they"... Everyone else seems to giving it their best in the moment...
And that is all I expect for admission paid. I'm not a mindless sheep. I will watch and I can tell if someone is giving it their all.
7th June 2007 03:15 PM
Saint Sway they dont owe anyone shit.

Keith has sucked more and more each tour since 89... Ronnie's a clown... the horn section drowns out everything

this is old news

blame yourselves for just waking up to it now

in 2007, no one should be shocked to go to a Stones show and see Ronnie or Keith or both having an off night. Its been happening for 17 years now

Deal with it. Just do what I do: just go to the show, get fucked up, hope to hear some rare nuggets and have a good time. Modern day Stones is just a big party. They're not a technically sound rock band. Dont go for the performance, you go for the experience -- the party.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)