ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Relaxing at The Wick, Ronnie's home and studio
The sessions for "I've Got My Own Album To Do" and "Now Look"
Richmond, England June 1974
Graham Wiltshire
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Are the Stones a nostagia act nowadays? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
7th June 2004 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Bend over...

J- J- J- J- J- J- JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ C- C- C- C- CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAKED !
7th June 2004 11:29 AM
not bound to please
quote:
F505 wrote:
Considering the last tour where they hardly played any songs from their last 5 albums and noticing the golden oldies are still the ones the public is crazy about: what is the significance of the Stones nowadays besides their glorious past which they never will equal?
Okay they're about to record a new album but I don't feel the excitement any longer because we all know (but still hope) it won't be a masterpiece. And is it bad to be a nostalgia act? Or are their people who think the Stones still have a big influence on contemporary pop music?

Absolutely a nostalgia act. New material can be nostalgia.

7th June 2004 11:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Can you two hurry this up - I'm getting sick of reading this board.

Well if they could find a way of gambling with post totals, then it would be more interesting. I'll bet 500 post totals that SDH posts here again, at least once.
7th June 2004 11:31 AM
LadyJane
quote:

Is it an act? Not that I'd want his cover blown...

No act...he's a sweetheart with great hair. Oh and he is constantly on the cell phone with joey!!!

We laughed ALOT!!!

LJ.
7th June 2004 11:32 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well if they could find a way of gambling with post totals, then it would be more interesting. I'll bet 500 post totals that SDH posts here again, at least once.

My Baby Steelie has left the building !

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

Sassy !
7th June 2004 11:33 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Wasn't he back recently? Did he get mad and leave?

7th June 2004 11:34 AM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

No act...he's a sweetheart with great hair. Oh and he is constantly on the cell phone with joey!!!

We laughed ALOT!!!

LJ.

You know Joey was soiling himself with jealousy.

[Edited by not bound to please]
7th June 2004 11:35 AM
Joey
quote:

Wasn't he back recently? Did he get mad and leave?

Unsure , but he DID complain about a nagging ache in his right " groinal " region .
7th June 2004 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:

You know Joey was soiling himself with jealousy.

[Edited by not bound to please]

Rhymes with " gassy "

Turskee !
7th June 2004 11:36 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Unsure , but he DID complain about a nagging ache in his right " groinal " region .

You guys get an awful lot of "groin injuries"

hmmmm......

7th June 2004 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:

You guys get an awful lot of "groin injuries"

hmmmm......

Your Sassiness is of the " nonpareil " nature .

7th June 2004 11:59 AM
West 8 Well said Mel Belli.
7th June 2004 12:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Your Sassiness is of the " nonpareil " nature .

Your bowels are of the " sprinkly " nature.

7th June 2004 12:06 PM
jb Funny...
7th June 2004 12:07 PM
Joey
quote:

Your bowels are of the " sprinkly " nature.

7th June 2004 12:07 PM
not bound to please

7th June 2004 12:08 PM
Joey

7th June 2004 12:11 PM
not bound to please

Bookies Offer 3-1 Odds on Quick End to J-Lo Marriage

Mon Jun 7, 8:22 AM ET Add U.S. National - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - British bookmakers offered odds of 3-1 Monday that singer/actress Jennifer Lopez and her new husband Marc Anthony would divorce by the end of the year.

Lopez, 33, has already been through two marriages that lasted little more than a year. She broke off an A-list celebrity engagement to actor Ben Affleck in January after the couple called off their wedding last September.

Anthony was granted a quickie divorce in the Dominican Republic a week ago from his wife of four years, a former Miss Universe (news - web sites).

Ladbrokes is also offering 10 to one odds that "J-Lo marries more than eight times in her life, beating Elizabeth Taylor," a spokesman said.

Those who never quite accepted that Lopez and Affleck had split for good after one of Hollywood's most tumultuous romances also have a chance to bet.

The bookmakers are offering 14-1 odds that Affleck and Lopez are married by the end of 2004.

7th June 2004 12:13 PM
jb That was so sad about Smarty Jones...
7th June 2004 12:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Is Frank Sinatra or Shakespeare a "nostalgia act"?

There are just some artists who can't be constrained by that moniker. So I would say the Rolling Stones aren't even close to being that. They belong to the gods now. LOL.
7th June 2004 12:16 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
That was so sad about Smarty Jones...

I really thought he would " do it " .

.............so much for the " stud farm "

7th June 2004 12:19 PM
jb http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121991,00.html
7th June 2004 12:20 PM
Joey

7th June 2004 12:22 PM
jb
Sir Stonesalot I think for many many many people, the Stones are certainly a nostalgia act. The VAST majority of people who paid those ridiculous ticket prices, paid them to hear JJF and Satisfaction.

The Stones have almost ZERO relevance on today's most popular music acts. Look at the Billboard top 20, and none of those acts give a shit about the Stones.

And it sounds like it too.

HOWEVER!!!

It's not that way for all of us.

And there are still lots of bands out there who believe in the gospel of Rock n Roll a la Mick n Keef.

I do not view the Rolling Stones as nostalgia. And quite frankly, that is all that matters to me. I simply do not give a shit what the unwashed masses think. I think what I think, and the rest can fuck off.

In fact, I prefer it that the vast majority of people see the Stones as a mere nostalgia act. Why? Because that makes those of us who know better just a little superior to all those who don't fuckin' know!
Joey

7th June 2004 12:25 PM
jb
7th June 2004 12:26 PM
Joey

7th June 2004 12:29 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Joey, you are being terribly serious. The enormous pressure and ponderous strain of such a burdened mind state is beginning to show.

7th June 2004 12:30 PM
jb
Page: 1 2 3 4 5