ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones or Star Wars..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 25th, 2005 11:33 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Cant believe that I started a thread to try and end this shit and only my thread was deleted.

Please put me out of my misery!

End this rubbish

Can't believe you read the thread if it bothers you so much! You KNOW what's in here, yet continue to look. ODD! Perverse, one might say.
May 25th, 2005 11:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Well my country is run by a murderous man who has his head up your presidents murderous arse. And in three years time. It will be run by another murderous man who will no doubt have his head up another american presidents arse.

So there
May 25th, 2005 11:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont read it mate. I havent the time in the day to do it. All I can see is everybody quoting everybody else. Its not even a sensible argument. If it was then fair enough. Its just a slagging match and nobody is winning. See my above post for all my views and cares on both American and British politics.

Of course I have a lot more to say about politics. But not on a Rolling Stones message board.

You get my drift
May 25th, 2005 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Well my country is run by a murderous man who has his head up your presidents murderous arse. And in three years time. It will be run by another murderous man who will no doubt have his head up another american presidents arse.

So there

Tony Blair ?!?!?!?!

.....are you friggin kidding me ?!?!?!

If John Major can last SEVEN FULL FRIGGIN YEARS as Prime Minister then Tony Blair can last TWENTY YEARS !

Word .

" Tony Blair is the Greatest Politician since FDR , Ronnie ! "

J. Fly !
May 25th, 2005 11:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Tony Blair plans to resign as Prime minister in summer 2008 to claer the way for Gordon Brown to structure an Election campaign in 2010. Official
May 25th, 2005 11:39 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Well my country is run by a murderous man who has his head up your presidents murderous arse. And in three years time. It will be run by another murderous man who will no doubt have his head up another american presidents arse.

So there

And in both countries, there's plenty of evidence that both murderous men should be at the very least removed from office, if not jailed - yet both of our countries voted these idiots back in. Why? Well, part of the reason is that people with dissenting opinions keep their mouths shut, because they're afraid, or because they think their opinion doesn't matter.

May 25th, 2005 11:40 AM
egon can we push the (fuckin')tour forward to let's say.... tomorrow?
May 25th, 2005 11:42 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
can we push the (fuckin')tour forward to let's say.... tomorrow?

Amen Egon !

That would be so ......... Er , ..... Hot ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ..... Oh , sure ! :

May 25th, 2005 11:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge They should do a swap! I want to see Bush introduce the death penalty over here! Too many do gooders
May 25th, 2005 11:49 AM
ResidentMule this thread is funny. I'm trying to figure out how making an observation of an observation of an observation makes you a liar or a hypocrite
May 25th, 2005 11:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Tony Blair plans to resign as Prime minister in summer 2008 to claer the way for Gordon Brown to structure an Election campaign in 2010. Official

It will NEVER Happen !

Word .

WWWWWWHAT ?!?! ..... Sure ! :

[Edited by Joey]
May 25th, 2005 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
can we push the (fuckin')tour forward to let's say.... tomorrow?

Sadly, Egon and I seem to be the only ones who truly "get it"
May 25th, 2005 12:10 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Cant believe that I started a thread to try and end this shit and only my thread was deleted.

End this rubbish

i wrote a post to place in the other thread, and it was mercifully closed, i then came here, to find you still trolling (for sympathy now), and so i decided to post my reply to your last comment (directed to me)...

quote:
Pay attention mate.
Im trying to kill off the other thread.
Too political
Looks like a war of words to me.

Just for you americans or foreigners who dont understand.
'Put to bed' means to end

i just figured keep it one thread (which us now, thankfully the case)...

normally, i just stay away from threads i dont want to read. this should have been one of them, but that second thread you started (now closed) seemed such a clear example of a troll post, that i figured i would comment...

things go way off topic here all the time, and that is part of the charm of the place. some threads, the ones that have relevant STONES info in them, we all try to keep on-subject. the rest is fair game for fun, rants, and whatever else. and like i said, if i am not interested, i wont read the thread...

in this case, someone, who joined a month or two ago, and who seems to be overly contrarian, started a NEW thread about non-stones stuff, on a stones bbs, and then claims "i am just trying to put an end to all of this." well, i am basically calling "shenannigans!" i think you are trying to carry on the verbal diarrhea, and what's more, maybe for the added attention, you are sticking it in a second thread...

furthermore, the political mudslinging in that first star wars thread was not even CLOSE to some of the vitriol that has spewed here over the years (remember i lurked here for about a year before joining and posting, and then lost the password for my first account, which is why there is an underscore in the middle of my screen name, so i have seen a good deal of it). imho, the "putting to bed" of a sensitive political discussion excuse doesnt fly, either, because the discussion wasnt offensive - at times immature, maybe, but it was not offensive, or injurious in any way...

quote:
Just for you americans or foreigners who dont understand.

ok - this is the kind of ignorant sh*t that drives me nuts. i am american, you are english - who is the foreigner? everybody else? all the non-english..? or non-british..? all the non-americans, 'cos that would apparently include you..?
and if the star wars v. stones thread truly is "Just for you americans or foreigners who dont understand," which group are you a part of..?

______

joey - you need to go into the google settings and turn your safe-search feature OFF, and then search for images

edit to add some advice for joey

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 25th, 2005 12:18 PM
The_Worst Mac_daddy,

I'm not sure of your political views but I agree with your post. Voodoo Scrounge's post in a supposed "attempt" to end the other post is a joke...He simply did it to try and create more of a firestorm & to ruffle C10's feathers even more...

Scrounge's post should be renamed "Stones or Star Wars-Episode II"...
May 25th, 2005 12:20 PM
Voodoo Scrounge I never said that the star wars stones thread was just for Americans. I simply was clarifying a common ENGLISH turn of phrase (Put to bed). Im not discriminating against anyone here. I dont want any fucking sympathy or any fucking attention. If I wanted that I wouldnt come here to get it. I want conversation about the Rolling Stones. But dont worry mate, I can do politics too.

Frankly Im quite offended by the way you worded your last post. In my opinion it sounded as if you were going to call me a rasist. And that is something I would shy away from doing if I were you.

The terms I used were Americans, meaning people of the Americas and Foreigners, meaning any other non English country. With me being English and all.

No problem boys and girls. Lets do politics. But dont be offended by my views will ya?
May 25th, 2005 12:23 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
Mac_daddy,

I'm not sure of your political views but I agree with your post. Voodoo Scrounge's post in a supposed "attempt" to end the other post is a joke...He simply did it to try and create more of a firestorm & to ruffle C10's feathers even more...

Scrounge's post should be renamed "Stones or Star Wars-Episode II"...

in this case, my political views are irrelevant.

in fact, since this is a stones bbs, i try to keep my political views as irrelevant as possible. the stones aren't a political band, and my political views have little or nothing to do with the topics i find of interest here.
May 25th, 2005 12:25 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
the stones aren't a political band

amen to that
May 25th, 2005 12:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:

Frankly Im quite offended by the way you worded your last post. In my opinion it sounded as if you were going to call me a rasist. And that is something I would shy away from doing if I were you.

i can assume that this is directed at me.

if you mean "racist" - i never said anything of the sort. i simply quoted your post, and then commented.
May 25th, 2005 12:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Yes, exactly, my dear. Except you spelled "strong" wrong, so now there is absolutley no credibility to your statement. Just kidding! I love you and I agree with you!

Thanks! I love you too! I'm so glad I invented you!

However, YOU spell "absolutely" wrong, so I'm afraid YOUR statement has no credibility eether.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, by the way!
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 25th, 2005 12:31 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Well in my OPINION the way you worded your post was bordering on racist. And thats what a lot of politics is isnt it? OPINION.

I havent got time to start on you mate. I finnish work in half an hour and it would take me that long just to get started on idiots like you!
May 25th, 2005 12:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

End this rubbish

I didnt delete it. I locked it. One of these threads is MORE than enough. Two is flooding and spamming.

If you want this one locked, I'll be more than happy to, because after if you've been here for a while you'll know that after a while these threads all tend to descend into the same mudslinging and dick-waving.
May 25th, 2005 12:35 PM
Voodoo Scrounge The sad thing is. This shit has worked! Im involved now. How sad is that.
Lock it Lock It Lock!
May 25th, 2005 12:40 PM
Gazza LOL. There y'go

I could use Rodney King's most famous expression here, but I wont bother...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)