ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones or Star Wars..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 24th, 2005 04:52 PM
glencar One can only feel bad for what that poor kid has to deal with...
May 24th, 2005 04:56 PM
Candace Youngblood Yes, FPM, and don't forget to tell about W's coke habit and about the girl he knocked up and got an abortion for even though abortions are an abomination. And you can explain how he slid through college and a fake military career because his folks have power & money.
And then your kid can start to fully understand that you don't need intellect or kindness or compassion to make it in this world. You need rich parents.
May 24th, 2005 04:57 PM
glencar Oh Lord...
May 24th, 2005 04:57 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
glencar wrote:
One can only feel bad for what that poor kid has to deal with...

Screw off, jerk. You don't know us from posting on a stupid message board.
May 24th, 2005 04:58 PM
glencar CY is really Fpm, right? The Bizarro JB thing really gotcha thinking.
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Paul Craig Roberts? LOL He's one who went off the deep end.

Oh, I wasn't endorsing him. I know nothing about him. Just another article I found on the crucial Star Wars/Bush issue.

I guess everyone who doesn't toe the party line "went off the deep end", huh? That part of you guys' arguments has always cracked me up - if you don't think a pinhead with a room temp IQ is the greatest leader ever, you're off the deep end! If you don't understand how invading Iraq has anything to do with "The War on Terror", you're off the deep end! I guess you must feel safer up there in the shallow end.

quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Tele got BORED with your crap & I can't blame him.

Is that who The Worst is? Hell, no wonder that conversation was so much like talking to a rock. Why'd he change his name? Hiding from the Empire?

quote:

As for our democracy, it's healthy & wackos who decry the death of the 2 party system are funny to look at but not very cogent. For decades the Dems ran everything & nothing was said.

Oh, I just meant on a personal level. Seems like you and your buddies would be ecstatic if Bush declared a dictatorship.

Well, whatever. May the Force be with you, Blue!
Candace Youngblood No, I'm not Fpm. God you folks are losers.
May 24th, 2005 05:08 PM
glencar Yes, someone who disagrees with you is a loser. Say, did you catch Ho Dean on Meet The Press the other morn? He's very funny. He's also horrible for your party. Ten more years in the dark for you!
May 24th, 2005 05:39 PM
The_Worst
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, someone who disagrees with you is a loser. Say, did you catch Ho Dean on Meet The Press the other morn? He's very funny. He's also horrible for your party. Ten more years in the dark for you!

AMEN to that glencar!!! Whoops!! I said "amen"...I better edit my post before C10 brings a case to the Supreme Court against me claiming it is against the constitution to use a word like "amen" on a Stones message board!!!
May 24th, 2005 06:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Howard started off this Monday morning reviewing what everyone did over the weekend. He said he had his youngest daughter and her friend at his apartment. He also took his parents and his mother's oldest friend out to dinner Friday night. Yesterday, Howard and Robin went to a screening of the new movie, "Cinderella Man," staring Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger. They both loved it and Howard thought Russell Crowe was so good that he might never say another bad thing about him, ever. The movie is based on a true story and, as Howard described it, is a better version of Rocky. Robin was so impressed she went home and looked up info on the story. She even learned that one of the characters, Max Baer, was the father of the actor who played Jethro on "The Beverly Hillbillies"! They both believe this will be an Academy Award winner for Crowe and Zellweger as well as for the movie's director, Ron Howard. Howard noted that while he didn't see it, he did predict that "Star Wars III" would make over $100 million over the weekend, (it actually made over $150 million). Back to his own weekend, Howard said he also had a great dinner at an Italian restaurant called Ecco. This reminded Artie that he had dinner with his mother this weekend at a Hoboken landmark, Frankie and Johnnie's. Robin said she went to Boston this weekend for her nephew's graduation from MIT. Howard wanted to know if her nephew's parents ever got jealous of "Aunt Robin's" relationship with their son. She said not at all, but it is weird to be called "Aunt Robin." She would prefer he just call her Robin, but his parents insist that he call her "Aunt Robin." She said that a fan once asked him if he was "Mr. X" -- the show's name for Robin's boyfriend -- which really freaked him out. Howard remembered going out to dinner with one of his older daughters once and the waitress asked if they were having a romantic evening. He said his daughter made him tell the waitress that they were father and daughter, but he didn't think the waitress believed him. "

http://www.howardstern.com/today-show-archive.php

Thank you, joey! I appreciate that review.
May 24th, 2005 07:18 PM
Candace Youngblood
quote:
glencar wrote:
One can only feel bad for what that poor kid has to deal with...

quote:
Yes, someone who disagrees with you is a loser. Say, did you catch Ho Dean on Meet The Press the other morn? He's very funny. He's also horrible for your party. Ten more years in the dark for you!

No, I called you a loser because of your comment about FPM's kid, which is uncalled for, in my eyes. You are saying you feel bad for him because his dad has a different opinion than you. Nice. Sound like you have the same problem tolerating differences.

I really don't care who you voted for, or what your beliefs are. That's your life.

And no, I didn't watch Meet the Press because we don't have cable at our house. I'd rather acquire my knowledge through reading instead of soaking in what the talk box tells me to think.

I don't know you, so I'll refrain from drawing any more conclusions about your character. Isn't that nice of me? I'm a nice gal. FPM's a lucky guy and don't feel bad for me, him or our children because we happen to live a happy, fulfilling life together.

I'm sorry I called you a loser. I am generally a kind & loving person except when someone insults a person I love & care about.
May 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:

No, I called you a loser because of your comment about FPM's kid, which is uncalled for, in my eyes. You are saying you feel bad for him because his dad has a different opinion than you. Nice. Sound like you have the same problem tolerating differences.

I really don't care who you voted for, or what your beliefs are. That's your life.

And no, I didn't watch Meet the Press because we don't have cable at our house. I'd rather acquire my knowledge through reading instead of soaking in what the talk box tells me to think.

I don't know you, so I'll refrain from drawing any more conclusions about your character. Isn't that nice of me? I'm a nice gal. FPM's a lucky guy and don't feel bad for me, him or our children because we happen to live a happy, fulfilling life together.

I'm sorry I called you a loser. I am generally a kind & loving person except when someone insults a person I love & care about.

Yes, I would have to agree. He does sound like one lucky guy. Wouldn't it be nice to remove politics from discussions like this??? No one is going to change their minds about their own particular point of view- so what's the point???
May 24th, 2005 07:48 PM
glencar Actually Meet The Press is on "free tv" so even you can watch it. And I feel sorry for the kid because I have a strong suspicion that any sort of thinking of his own will be quashed under the usual steel wheels of the inability of a liberal to accept that one can differ & still be civil. You proved it once again. Good day, ma'am!
May 24th, 2005 08:15 PM
Candace Youngblood Actually, I don't watch free tv either. I don't watch any tv. Thanks for the asumptions.

May 24th, 2005 09:53 PM
gypsy
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Actually, I don't watch free tv either. I don't watch any tv. Thanks for the asumptions.

God, y'all, that is just sad. What do you do? Read books?
May 24th, 2005 10:59 PM
ResidentMule
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

Actually I can almost guarantee that I read & watch the news far more than you do but that's besides the point...You simply proved my point when you said:

"Lucas didn't throw that in as a history lesson, it was a premonition - about the Republican majority (does anything about appointing federal judges ring any bells to you?), Bush's insistence on this war obviously its gonna be somewhat opinion based since we're talking about a movie created from someone's imagination"

So George Lucas saw the future and Sith is really about the filibuster agreement that was reached last night in the senate a week after the movie came out!! Amazing!! He should work on the boardwalk in Atlantic City!!! In fact, I pray he makes Episodes VII-IX so that you & C10 can tell us how it is a prediction of the future of the next evil Republican leader who will be defeated by the granchildren of the flower generation!!!

Just as I thought, one liberal's opinion...actually two, yours and darth's...which just further supports my point that this movie could be interpretted in a thousand different ways...Personally, I can see resembelences to Ted Kennedy as Jabba the Hut but you don't see me making statements that Return of the Jedi is obviously about his abuses of power...

actually, that Republican majority/supreme court thing didn't just come up a week ago, its been a concern for a few years now. maybe didn't get as much attention before the actual bill came into existence, but its been said for quite a while that the republicans were going to pretty much take over the courts completely.

and anyway Ms Cleo, this had nothing to do with seeing into the future, it was an OBSERVATION (I don't think I stated very many things as facts and don't see why you feel the need to take them that way) - one that's been recognized by both democrats and republicans, but I'm not the one who turned this into a liberals vs conservatives thing - I'm quite sick of that game by now.

anyway, take it up with Lucas. I didn't make the movie. sounds to me like you're just denying that the message is there at all just because you don't agree with it.
May 24th, 2005 11:07 PM
KeepRigid "Cinderella Man" is supposed to be the best boxing-themed film since Fred Williamson's "Hammer".

Is true?
May 25th, 2005 01:01 AM
The_Worst
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:

actually, that Republican majority/supreme court thing didn't just come up a week ago, its been a concern for a few years now. maybe didn't get as much attention before the actual bill came into existence, but its been said for quite a while that the republicans were going to pretty much take over the courts completely.

and anyway Ms Cleo, this had nothing to do with seeing into the future, it was an OBSERVATION (I don't think I stated very many things as facts and don't see why you feel the need to take them that way) - one that's been recognized by both democrats and republicans, but I'm not the one who turned this into a liberals vs conservatives thing - I'm quite sick of that game by now.

anyway, take it up with Lucas. I didn't make the movie. sounds to me like you're just denying that the message is there at all just because you don't agree with it.

Whatever you say...I'm done arguing with you...
May 25th, 2005 01:36 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
"Cinderella Man" is supposed to be the best boxing-themed film since Fred Williamson's "Hammer".

Is true?

the only thing that could skunk this flick is that twirpy, golly darn, Hiiiii y'aaaall! Zellweger half-ass

otherwise it's gonna be THE film of the year, besides the Star Wars of coarse
May 25th, 2005 09:19 AM
Joey
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:

.......... boxing-themed film since Fred Williamson's "Hammer".

!!!!!!!!!!!
May 25th, 2005 09:43 AM
FPM C10
quote:
gypsy wrote:

God, y'all, that is just sad. What do you do? Read books?

What's sad about it? That we don't have an opinion on who should win American Idol? That we miss all those great Nascar races? That we are deprived of the fair and balanced news coverage on Fox News? That we missed the finale of Everyone Loves Raymond?

American TV is, to use a decades-old cliche, a vast wasteland. It breeds idiots. We decided not to get TV when we moved into our house in September because we knew that the election coverage was going to drive us insane. We found that we didn't miss it at ALL.

TV's not designed for people like us. It's made to fill a void in empty lives. We don't have one. We have one of those weird relationships where we share interests and really enjoy each other's company, and actually TALK to each other all the time. We have a band and play gigs or rehearse. We go see other bands, or go to movies or museums or to visit family and friends.

I used to have the TV on all the time, before Miss Youngblood and I met and became a couple. CNN or Fox News (to keep an eye on the enemy) was on constantly. It was literally making me ill. Turning it off was the most cathartic thing I've ever done.

The only things we miss are The Simpsons and South Park, and have friends who tape them once in awhile and bring them over. We watch DVDs and videos when we want to watch something. We get news by reading it, not by having it spoonfed to us.

Sorry if all of that strikes you as sad.
May 25th, 2005 09:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

What's sad about it? That we don't have an opinion on who should win American Idol? That we miss all those great Nascar races? That we are deprived of the fair and balanced news coverage on Fox News? That we missed the finale of Everyone Loves Raymond?

American TV is, to use a decades-old cliche, a vast wasteland. It breeds idiots. We decided not to get TV when we moved into our house in September because we knew that the election coverage was going to drive us insane. We found that we didn't miss it at ALL.

TV's not designed for people like us. It's made to fill a void in empty lives. We don't have one. We have one of those weird relationships where we share interests and really enjoy each other's company, and actually TALK to each other all the time. We have a band and play gigs or rehearse. We go see other bands, or go to movies or museums or to visit family and friends.

I used to have the TV on all the time, before Miss Youngblood and I met and became a couple. CNN or Fox News (to keep an eye on the enemy) was on constantly. It was literally making me ill. Turning it off was the most cathartic thing I've ever done.

The only things we miss are The Simpsons and South Park, and have friends who tape them once in awhile and bring them over. We watch DVDs and videos when we want to watch something. We get news by reading it, not by having it spoonfed to us.

Great post FPM !!!
I agree with you, Tv is often a waste of time, and life is too short!!
Put a good Stones record, forget all the crappy things around you, let your mind go....

even if I m sure Gypsy was kidding , right??

MAY THE RIFF BE WITH YOU YOUNG PADAWANN!!
May 25th, 2005 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Outstanding Post My C10 Brother .................

Please Feel Free To :

A ) Take the rest of the day off

B ) Take one HELL of a Massive Dump

C ) Both A & B

D ) Neither A or B

E ) *** END TRANSMISSION ****

Burscee Joe ! ™
May 25th, 2005 10:23 AM
Candace Youngblood Yes, having no tv is great. Of course we do watch dvd's and our old VHS tapes, and we listen to music. I also use that time to practice writing with my daughter, cook, clean, read, do yardwork etc. I never watched much tv anyway, so it was not a big issue with me.
May 25th, 2005 10:45 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Actually Meet The Press is on "free tv" so even you can watch it. And I feel sorry for the kid because I have a strong suspicion that any sort of thinking of his own will be quashed under the usual steel wheels of the inability of a liberal to accept that one can differ & still be civil. You proved it once again. Good day, ma'am!

This whole stupid thread serves as a fitting microcosm of what it's like to live in America these days. I think it might perhaps be entertaining to the RO posters from other countries. The thread was about the latest Star Wars movie. I added my observation about the lines of dialogue which were obviously commenting on the Bush regime. It wasn't something I made up, and in fact it's ridiculous to discuss the movie without making any comment about it. I was immediately labeled a nutcase for mentioning it. Sticking to the thread, I posted a lot of information that backed up my asssumptions. They included quotes by the director of the film and the actors who starred in it. The rebuttal included angry comments about Howard Dean, Vince Foster, and (of course) Bill Clinton getting a blow job - none of which had anything to do with the movie.

Then glencar started making comments about my son. My girlfriend, who has been posting for awhile as Candace Youngblood, is not used to dealing with the right wingers here and their personal attacks, and posted some of her thoughts on the subject. Glencar immediately assumed that she was ME posting under an assumed name, which is REALLY hilarious, ran off to Max's board to tell his friends that I had created an alter-ego - not true, and fairly paranoid to even imagine it - and that EVERYTHING I post here is combative and political - also not true. Yesterday I took part in threads about Hershey, Chess studio, invited everyone to a party. I post a LOT of stuff here, and word for word it's mostly on topic. I usually post political comments where they are apropos. The Bob Dylan thread, and the Star Wars thread, both called for political thoughts. NOT including them would be appropriate only to people wearing blinders, who only want to see what they want to see. I never say that my opinion is the ONLY possible opinion, although that accusation is always thrown at me. I just don't back down, and the right-wingers know it. They're used to real-life arguments, but on the internet it's impossible to shout someone down and bully them into keeping any dissenting opinions to themselves.

Fuck THAT.

When we got home, "Candace" posted a polite apology, even though she hadn't said anything uncalled for. Glencar's response, quoted above, is a classic - snide, condescending, leaping to conclusions, not related to the reality of what had been said. He continued his comments about my son, which I think everyone can agree are inappropriate and nasty, he accused her of doing what HE himself had been doing the entire thread, he assumed that we don't have TV because we can't afford it (wrong, but again, none of his business) and then stomped off in a huff. And that, my Rocks Off friends, is pretty much how it goes when discussing ANYTHING with these people. The facts don't matter, and no matter what the subject is, the argument gets personal, nasty, and eventually centers on that awful event that no Republican can ever move past - Bill Clinton getting a blow job eight years ago.

I'm sorry for any discomfort or inconvenience my opinions caused anyone - except for the right-wingers who brought them on themselves and then ran off with their tails between their legs. The thread was about Revenge of the Sith, and the movie definitely contains a stong theme which runs counter to the party line of the Bush administration. You can shout "DOES NOT!!! DOES NOT!!! DOES NOT!!!" until you're BLUE in the face, but it's still there. Sorry. Maybe you guys should stick with movies like Walking Tall or Cannonball Run if you don't want to face any dissenting opinions.
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 25th, 2005 10:52 AM
Candace Youngblood Yes, exactly, my dear. Except you spelled "strong" wrong, so now there is absolutley no credibility to your statement. Just kidding! I love you and I agree with you!
May 25th, 2005 11:16 AM
The_Worst
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

This whole stupid thread serves as a fitting microcosm of what it's like to live in America these days. I think it might perhaps be entertaining to the RO posters from other countries. The thread was about the latest Star Wars movie. I added my observation about the lines of dialogue which were obviously commenting on the Bush regime. It wasn't something I made up, and in fact it's ridiculous to discuss the movie without making any comment about it. I was immediately labeled a nutcase for mentioning it. Sticking to the thread, I posted a lot of information that backed up my asssumptions. They included quotes by the director of the film and the actors who starred in it. The rebuttal included angry comments about Howard Dean, Vince Foster, and (of course) Bill Clinton getting a blow job - none of which had anything to do with the movie.

Then glencar started making comments about my son. My girlfriend, who has been posting for awhile as Candace Youngblood, is not used to dealing with the right wingers here and their personal attacks, and posted some of her thoughts on the subject. Glencar immediately assumed that she was ME posting under an assumed name, which is REALLY hilarious, ran off to Max's board to tell his friends that I had created an alter-ego - not true, and fairly paranoid to even imagine it - and that EVERYTHING I post here is combative and political - also not true. Yesterday I took part in threads about Hershey, Chess studio, invited everyone to a party. I post a LOT of stuff here, and word for word it's mostly on topic. I usually post political comments where they are apropos. The Bob Dylan thread, and the Star Wars thread, both called for political thoughts. NOT including them would be appropriate only to people wearing blinders, who only want to see what they want to see. I never say that my opinion is the ONLY possible opinion, although that accusation is always thrown at me. I just don't back down, and the right-wingers know it. They're used to real-life arguments, but on the internet it's impossible to shout someone down and bully them into keeping any dissenting opinions to themselves.

Fuck THAT.

When we got home, "Candace" posted a polite apology, even though she hadn't said anything uncalled for. Glencar's response, quoted above, is a classic - snide, condescending, leaping to conclusions, not related to the reality of what had been said. He continued his comments about my son, which I think everyone can agree are inappropriate and nasty, he accused her of doing what HE himself had been doing the entire thread, he assumed that we don't have TV because we can't afford it (wrong, but again, none of his business) and then stomped off in a huff. And that, my Rocks Off friends, is pretty much how it goes when discussing ANYTHING with these people. The facts don't matter, and no matter what the subject is, the argument gets personal, nasty, and eventually centers on that awful event that no Republican can ever move past - Bill Clinton getting a blow job eight years ago.

I'm sorry for any discomfort or inconvenience my opinions caused anyone - except for the right-wingers who brought them on themselves and then ran off with their tails between their legs. The thread was about Revenge of the Sith, and the movie definitely contains a stong theme which runs counter to the party line of the Bush administration. You can shout "DOES NOT!!! DOES NOT!!! DOES NOT!!!" until you're BLUE in the face, but it's still there. Sorry. Maybe you guys should stick with movies like Walking Tall or Cannonball Run if you don't want to face any dissenting opinions.
[Edited by FPM C10]

So you don't watch TV (1950's technology) yet you spend endless hours a day on the internet (the technology of the new century)?
May 25th, 2005 11:27 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Cant believe that I started a thread to try and end this shit and only my thread was deleted.

Please put me out of my misery!

End this rubbish
May 25th, 2005 11:28 AM
FPM C10 The_Worst said: So you don't watch TV (1950's technology) yet you spend endless hours a day on the internet (the technology of the new century)?

What's your point? The age of the technology has nothing to do with anything. And quoting my entire post in order to make an inane comment...maybe you need to work a little bit on your internet skills. You can clip out everything EXCEPT that part you're trying to start a fight about.

It's also possible to do several things simultaneously. It's called "multi-tasking".

Why don't you wait till you have a cogent thought before you try to start a fight with me?
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 25th, 2005 11:31 AM
Joey [quote]FPM C10 wrote:

This whole stupid thread serves as a fitting microcosm of what it's like to live in America these days. "

Agreed ...... everyone in America has become so ' uncivil ' towards each other -- The divsions in my country run deep and powerful yet will not manifest themselves until The Bush Administration calls for a ' reinstitution ' of THE DRAFT in order to fight all these ' Wars of National Liberation ' ...... then look for all HELL to break loose with Mrs. Clinton on the scene to pick up the pieces ( See : Bill Clinton in 1992 ) .

" When Richard Nixon ended the draft in 1972 he sucked the life out of the ' Anti - War Movement ' Ronnie ! "

Jazzy Joe !
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)