ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones or Star Wars..... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 19th, 2005 02:01 AM
The_Worst I don't know which one has the harder to get tickets...Went to the theater early tonight...all three shows at midnight were completely sold out and the place was a madhouse...cop cars keeping people in line...much like the Stones, so far I am shit out of luck...this sucks...
May 19th, 2005 02:22 AM
Bloozehound This one is supposed to be the best of the new trilogy, looks decent enough in the commercials

I'll see it in a theatre after all the hoopla dies off a bit, hope it's good though, ain't seen a good action flick in a while, especially a Star Wars one....snicker snicker
May 19th, 2005 03:07 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Star Wars is shit.
Grown men sitting in a picture theatre watching a movie about aliens in space in the year 2005!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking Hell...Grow up. There is no justifying that.
May 19th, 2005 03:43 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Star Wars is shit.
Grown men sitting in a picture theatre watching a movie about aliens in space in the year 2005!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

I don't like Star Wars, but what's wrong with movies of space and aliens?
And how about grown men standing in a stadium howling and dancing to songs written three to four decades ago?

Mighty fine if you ask me.
May 19th, 2005 03:46 AM
exile
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Star Wars is shit.

so nice having you on this board, nice to hear all your positive thoughts
May 19th, 2005 03:50 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Star Wars is shit.

bah humbug

The Star Wars is an american institution, great entertainment, the finest!

Besides what kind of "grown man" doesn't enjoy the fine taste of guinness in the year 2005!!

There's no justifying THAT!
May 19th, 2005 08:17 AM
gimmekeef Each to his own....but personally I dont watch anything with rubber headed people.....
May 19th, 2005 08:24 AM
Voodoo Scrounge This Topic is titled

Rolling Stones OR Star Wars

Are you fucking serious?!
What the fuck do you think as I sit here typing on the Rolling Stones message board. Uhm let me think, nah fuck it Star wars wins. Yeah right.

Might take my nephew to see it, but he is 7
May 19th, 2005 08:36 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I'll see it in a theatre after all the hoopla dies off a bit...

Yeah, I'll do exactly the same.
May 19th, 2005 08:39 AM
egon i will stand in line for the stones.
i will not stand in line for star wars.
May 19th, 2005 09:20 AM
corgi37 Star Wars opening night completely sold out in Oz. Even some critics couldnt get in!

But, fuck it. You just know we are REALLY waiting for George A. Romero's 4th "dead" installment, "Land of the dead".

Opens in Yank land on 24 June.
May 19th, 2005 10:19 AM
exile I must admit Im not too excited about George "Im cashed up" Lucas, murder another star wars movie

He should have left it at first three

as for this thread I thought it was the stones commenting on star wars, which at the time seemed weird.

May 19th, 2005 10:46 AM
Jumacfly I will attempt boths! Why do we have to chooze??
May 19th, 2005 12:11 PM
greedo
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
This Topic is titled

Rolling Stones OR Star Wars

Are you fucking serious?!
What the fuck do you think as I sit here typing on the Rolling Stones message board. Uhm let me think, nah fuck it Star wars wins. Yeah right.

Might take my nephew to see it, but he is 7

you must have shiteyes mister

the original message asks which is harder to get tickets too, not which one do we choose

what kind of stupid question is that

check yourself, before you wreck yourself bitch!
May 19th, 2005 02:06 PM
Angiegirl Episodes I & II were crap compared to the original 4-6 imo. I don't expect much more of Ep. III, except for special effects maybe, but that has little to do with Lucas being a great filmmaker and more with great computers being around.

Plus, without a young and sexy Harrison, it sucks anyway .
May 19th, 2005 02:54 PM
Poplar
I saw "Sith" last night at midnight... ordered my tickets weeks ago, never had to stand in line, thank you. For what it's worth, here's my Review:

Awesome movie. Light years - so to speak - ahead of eps. I & II. I'd give it the whole 4 stars if it wasn't for the excruciating dialogue.... some of it was unbearable. Lucas should have let someone tidy up the script. Otherwise, it was wonderful, and ended with one of the most powerful themes of ep. IV. Anyone who's ever enjoyed a single one of the Star Wars films should see it.

May 19th, 2005 03:09 PM
Dutch Michael D. I HATE Star Wars, it realy is something for little kids, i can't understand why people talking about this fucking movie, IT SUCKS an I HATE IT....

ofcourse WE choose for the Stones, go ask that silly question on a stupid SW Board

With love, Michael
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]
May 19th, 2005 03:15 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
IT SUCKS an I HATE IT....

ofcourse WE choose for the Stones,

wow. don't you have a lot to offer? and please drop the "WE" cause you sir, do not speak for me.

just curious... how old are you? Star Wars is a generational thing.
May 19th, 2005 03:18 PM
Dutch Michael D. so you are saying that you prefer watching to a SW movie, and not a Rolling Stones Show???
May 19th, 2005 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
I don't know which one has the harder to get tickets...Went to the theater early tonight...all three shows at midnight were completely sold out and the place was a madhouse...cop cars keeping people in line...much like the Stones, so far I am shit out of luck...this sucks...

Does Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher still star in these new Star Wars' movies ?

May 19th, 2005 03:26 PM
nankerphelge No Carrie is now 100% nuts!

I mean GONE!
May 19th, 2005 03:32 PM
Dan
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

If I grew up on schedule I might actually be able to afford Stones tickets right now!

I was right outside the Mann Chinese theatre last night for the free Audioslave gig but I had no clue what was going on til there was a little skit on Jimmy Kimmel on the big screen outside.

I was a Star Wars freak when I was younger but never even bothered watching Episodes 1-2 (and now 3)
May 19th, 2005 03:52 PM
Poplar
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
so you are saying that you prefer watching to a SW movie, and not a Rolling Stones Show???

no, not at all.... and the idea of any comparison here is insane. allow me to explain:

I paid about $10 for 2 hours of what i considered to be good entertainment last night. Last saturday, however, I dropped about $1,000 for tickets/hotel rooms for 2 Rolling Stones shows (a total of about 5 hours of entertainment!) I may add a third show to my tour plans, and that would be another $500 bucks or so, depending on what kind of tickets i buy. Believe it or not, there are a lot of people on this planet who would consider that MUCH crazier than dropping 10 lousy bucks for a damn movie.

do i like seeing the stones? I've got $1,500 dollars that says, yes ... yes i do. Do i still have a bit of Star Wars kid in me? Yes, and that only cost me $10.

My point here is that we're talking apples an oranges. But one of these two diversions is a hell of a lot easier on my wallet.

May 19th, 2005 03:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Dutch Michael D. wrote:
I HATE Star Wars, it realy is something for little kids, i can't understand why people talking about this fucking movie, IT SUCKS an I HATE IT....

ofcourse WE choose for the Stones, go ask that silly question on a stupid SW Board

With love, Michael
[Edited by Dutch Michael D.]

Please display more tolerance, and don't act like a little judgmental brat. The world isn't a vacuum with just Stones-Stones-Stones. If you don't like Star Wars, fine. But please respect people who do like the genre.

Don't read the thread if the title obviously suggests anything you're not interested in. RO is THE board to discuss most things in life, Stones-related or not.
May 19th, 2005 04:01 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No Carrie is now 100% nuts!

I mean GONE!

Is she? Don't you mean Margot Kidder?
May 19th, 2005 04:03 PM
Poplar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
respect

got plenty of it for ya Angie.

May 19th, 2005 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Is she? Don't you mean Margot Kidder?

I believe he means Anne Heche

May 19th, 2005 04:13 PM
nankerphelge No I meant Carrie Fisher.

I saw an interview with her a few years ago and she has been battling mental illness and drug abuse for some time.

You would too if you were married to Paul Simon for more than about 3 minutes!

Margot Kidder went bonkers too -- they found her living in a bush!

And Ann Heche -- whew -- those eyes tell the story!

Wacko!

May 19th, 2005 04:14 PM
Everybody s Lucifer I can't stand the word RESPECT anymore. It is a cliche of the worst kind.

It makes me:
May 19th, 2005 04:19 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Margot Kidder went bonkers too -- they found her living in a bush!

{ CA - RACK } !!!!!!!

Joey Foster
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)