ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Euro tour news (updated) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
14th May 2006 04:16 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat ...according to a realible source. We will know for sure by the end of this week. And ow God I hope I will be proven wrong.
14th May 2006 04:22 PM
southfla can you give a little more info
/guess ///why
14th May 2006 04:24 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
southfla wrote:
can you give a little more info
/guess ///why

I cannot reveal my source. I won't get any info in the future if I do that. And sorry for that. We will just have to wait till the and of this week.
14th May 2006 04:44 PM
Gazza find that hard to believe in all honesty what with Keith being discharged from hospital so soon and supposedly getting the all-clear as well as talk about dates being rearranged and existing shows supposedly not in immediate danger according to promoters.

Only reason I can think would be that he was told by doctors that he needs to rest for months, rather than weeks, but if thats the case, I'm surprised the cancellation hasnt been officially announced by now or the 'leak' hasnt come from more sources than we've heard already as the official line is that his recuperation period is "a few weeks"

No doubt by this time next week we'll have heard about either rescheduled dates and a start date for the tour - or else confirmation of what you've been saying.

PS - I amended the title of your thread as its not something thats confirmed as yet
[Edited by Gazza]
14th May 2006 04:51 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
find that hard to believe in all honesty what with Keith being discharged from hospital so soon and supposedly getting the all-clear as well as talk about dates being rearranged and existing shows supposedly not in immediate danger according to promoters.

Only reason I can think would be that he was told by doctors that he needs to rest for months, rather than weeks, but if thats the case, I'm surprised the cancellation hasnt been officially announced by now or the 'leak' hasnt come from more sources than we've heard already as the official line is that his recuperation period is "a few weeks"

No doubt by this time next week we'll have heard about either rescheduled dates and a start date for the tour - or else confirmation of what you've been saying.

PS - I amended the title of your thread as its not something thats confirmed as yet
[Edited by Gazza]

I hope you are right Gary, I do.
14th May 2006 06:01 PM
Coming Down Again Well...I'm certainly not a doctor but I do have a friend that suffered a serious head injury.
There are multiple possible side effects as a result of a head injury. One of which is fatigue. Sometimes people with head injuried get tired and need to rest after ony a couple hours of activity and then are completely done for the day. I think that it would be difficult to assess the plausability of continuing on with a tour until they see how Keith is going to react to this injury.
Hopefully he'll be able to return to form.
14th May 2006 06:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Coming Down Again wrote:
Hopefully he'll be able to return to form.

Amen ! ..... I pray for Keith constantly .

However , probably the best course of action is to completely cancel the European Leg of the tour , give Keith four months of solid rest and then have the band hit the states " HARD " once again this fall ( three month ' mini - tour ' ) .

Developing ....................

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Jacky ! ®
14th May 2006 06:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I hope you are right Gary, I do.

Trust me...I've never wanted to be right about anything else regarding the Stones as this one!

I just think - as Comin Down Again implies above - that its a bit early to make such a drastic decision as a total cancellation with Keith only being out of hospital less than 72 hours.

Vilhelm (Mickijaggerroo) from Stones Vikings posted on IORR (http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,426805,page=2) that the Gothenburg promoter had indicated that he was supposed to have heard by last Friday from the Stones management if the show there was going to have to be rescheduled. No such info was given. Theres a story in a swedish newspaper regarding this (its in swedish naturally - maybe someone can translate) http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,426805,page=2

Bjornulf Vik on IORR says that he is expecting no more than 6 shows to be postponed (2 weeks max) with a start in either Gothenburg or St Petersburg
14th May 2006 06:39 PM
gimmekeef Are these rumors form all the variuos sources really of any value to us?.....Just endless speculation....
14th May 2006 06:46 PM
Gazza speak for yourself, but I think its worth mentioning if a promoter is stating that as far as he knows everything is ok

As far as I'm concerned, its more reassuring than just relying on a story from someone else that the tour is off and leaving that unchallenged (not that I'm doubting SSC or the credibility of his source in any way, but if theres a contrary opinion to a rumour that serious its worth repeating). As I have a lot of money invested in shows this summer I'll clutch to as many straws as I can!
14th May 2006 06:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Until one of the Boys comes out of the woodwork it's endless speculation. Someone needs to call a spade a spade here. I imagine Cohl's goddam lawyers are working 24/7 crunching the numbers. Keith can't be THAT bad off.
14th May 2006 07:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
I cannot reveal my source.

Can we try to guess? What a great contest idea! So what's the prize????
14th May 2006 07:08 PM
PeerQueer All word at this point is utter speculation...

Until Keith flies home, we simply have no real idea how he is progressing, good, bad, or otherwise.
14th May 2006 07:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Can we try to guess? What a great contest idea! So what's the prize????

two front row tickets for a cancelled show!
14th May 2006 07:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
All word at this point is utter speculation...

Until Keith flies home, we simply have no real idea how he is progressing, good, bad, or otherwise.

True. Was encouraged to read that Keith's kids left Auckland 2 days ago and that Keith is apparently left there with just his wife.
14th May 2006 09:50 PM
Soldatti I don't see them canceling a whole tour. It would be a lot of bad publicity. God, I don't want to be near Mick now, and hearing his screams.
14th May 2006 09:57 PM
sirmoonie They should just shortbread cancel all the German shows on fucking principle (see, e.g., Munchen auf Putsch hund mund, circa 1930s), then get back to touring the globe fortress style, with an extended U.S. leg, where they are loved more than anywhere. See, e.g., The C10. See, e.g., Madison Square Garden. See, e.g., Moof Piss. See, e.g., the killer goriller Roseland ballroom. See, e.g., help me, help help me, Ronnie.
14th May 2006 10:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Let's all go to sleep and I am sure there will be another rumour to mull over tomorrow when we wake up. By the way Sopranos stunk tonight- Brokeback Mountain is everywhere!
14th May 2006 10:12 PM
LadyJane
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
They should just shortbread cancel all the German shows on fucking principle (see, e.g., Munchen auf Putsch hund mund, circa 1930s), then get back to touring the globe fortress style, with an extended U.S. leg, where they are loved more than anywhere. See, e.g., The C10. See, e.g., Madison Square Garden. See, e.g., Moof Piss. See, e.g., the killer goriller Roseland ballroom. See, e.g., help me, help help me, Ronnie.

Moonie...you are so fucking demented.

I love you.

Moof.

Word.

LJ.
15th May 2006 12:28 AM
Madafaka The whole tour? Hum.. It's really hard to believe...
15th May 2006 02:51 AM
FotiniD First of all, I think we should stop comparing Keith's condition with the similar accident a family friend had, a brain operation our grandma was subjected to last year or the post-operative progress of our cousin No bashing anyone here, just thinking that each patient is different, as any doctor would tell you, and there's no use comparing one's situation with another's - especially when we don't know much about Keith's one way or another! I believe what I see - the man's out of the hospital just a few days after the operation, he leaves the hospital walking and he makes funny comments when thanking his doctors and nurses. It can't be that bad.

Also, as Gazza mentioned, if we were talking about cancellation, I think we would have heard stronger rumours by now. The only thing that puzzles me is not Keith's condition as it is but whether doctors thing he'll need more time to fully recuperate. But that's a thing only his doctors know, and we'll find out sooner or later.

So please, PLEASE, no more rumours and speculations.

By the way Joey, I love your altruistic way of thinking
15th May 2006 03:34 AM
ListenToTheLion Another useless thread started by someone who wants to be interesting.
15th May 2006 03:51 AM
LE PAUL JAGGER I hope so

i hope my dream will come true
I planned to met the stones 8 times for the bigger bang tour...
if the tour is cancelled, this year will be very sad!!

come on let's take it to the stage
15th May 2006 04:03 AM
speedfreakjive it may be postponed for a month or three, but the Stones don't generally cancel. Has more than one show ever been totally cancelled? i am not counting China 2003 here
15th May 2006 04:18 AM
erikjjf
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
Has more than one show ever been totally cancelled? i am not counting China 2003 here

In 1998, Milan, Bilbao, Gijon, Lyon, and the 2nd Paris show were cancelled.
15th May 2006 04:20 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

In 1998, Milan, Bilbao, Gijon, Lyon, and the 2nd Paris show were cancelled.

true, but i cannot see a whole leg of a tour being cancelled
15th May 2006 04:56 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
They should just shortbread cancel all the German shows on fucking principle (see, e.g., Munchen auf Putsch hund mund, circa 1930s), then get back to touring the globe fortress style, with an extended U.S. leg, where they are loved more than anywhere.

You have serious issues. Verrry serious.
15th May 2006 06:48 AM
heymjm
quote:
Joey wrote:

However , probably the best course of action is to completely cancel the European Leg of the tour , give Keith four months of solid rest and then have the band hit the states " HARD " once again this fall ( three month ' mini - tour ' ) .

Greetings from the rest of the world Joey!!

If Keith needs four months rest then he should have it ....

.. but how about then cancelling the REPEAT visit to the States and rescheduling the European gigs for Autumn (translation: Fall). We'd kinda like to see the Stones in their homeland you know :-)
15th May 2006 07:40 AM
Gazza

EMI in Switzerland have now received confirmation that the first FOUR shows are postponed

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,429131

So, I guess thats all there are for now. Hopefully no more than that
15th May 2006 07:58 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
heymjm wrote:
but how about then cancelling the REPEAT visit to the States and rescheduling the European gigs for Autumn (translation: Fall). We'd kinda like to see the Stones in their homeland you know :-)

I agree, US had their share already, don't be so greedy . Only problem is, in Europe the Fall isn't the season for open air shows, and also the football competitions are going etc etc. If they cancel, it would have to be next summer for their visit.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)