ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Euro tour news (updated) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
15th May 2006 10:15 AM
jb I am so sorry for Gazza and the rest of of Euro friends...we can only hope that Cohl, a brilliant man, will figure a way to promote a mini euro tour in the future.
15th May 2006 10:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
jb wrote:
I am so sorry for Gazza and the rest of of Euro friends...we can only hope that Cohl, a brilliant man, will figure a way to promote a mini euro tour in the future.

Nobody said the tour IS cancelled jb, it's just rumours flying round
Thanks for the wishes though
15th May 2006 10:33 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Nobody said the tour IS cancelled jb, it's just rumours flying round
Thanks for the wishes though

I am somewhat unsure myself at this time..My inside source has changed stories about 3-4 times...Only Keith, Mick and Cohl know for sure...and it appears to be a waiting game to see if Keith's symptoms dissipate enough to allow him to continue on such short rehab..
15th May 2006 10:37 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
we can only hope that Cohl, a brilliant man, will figure a way to promote a mini euro tour in the future.

Funny!
15th May 2006 10:39 AM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Funny!

It is a real possibility AG...........this incident has the making of a siegfried/Roy outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
15th May 2006 10:41 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

It is a real possibility AG...........this incident has the making of a siegfried/Roy outcome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigfried & Roy outcome??? Explain... are you suggesting that one of the Stones will be attacked by a tiger?? Or that they will continue to wear flamboyantly gay and glittery clothing???
15th May 2006 10:44 AM
Gazza Both

Mick is already there with the clothing and when he next sees Keith he'll probably set a tiger on him when he sees how much money has gone down the shitter due to his recent incident
15th May 2006 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Sigfried & Roy outcome??? Explain... are you suggesting that one of the Stones will be attacked by a tiger?? Or that they will continue to wear flamboyantly gay and glittery clothing???

Funny...the latter is certainly true...the outcome refers to the fact that Keith. like Roy, may take some time to rehab, and don't expect a quick return if things are worse than reported.
15th May 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Both

Mick is already there with the clothing and when he next sees Keith he'll probably set a tiger on him when he sees how much money has gone down the shitter due to his recent incident

Mick is an insensitive cod...not one public statement to support his life long frined(yeh right) and reports that privately livid over Keith's immature actions(he is correct -but still needs to show support publicly even though on "holiday').
15th May 2006 10:47 AM
speedfreakjive for f*cks sake, they will not cancel a whole leg, look at what happened in 98' due to tax problems, and they just came back in 99'
15th May 2006 10:48 AM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
for f*cks sake, they will not cancel a whole leg, look at what happened in 98' due to tax problems, and they just came back in 99'

True, but isn't this different..it's a question of the real extent and lasting effects of blunt trauma to the head.
15th May 2006 10:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Mick is an insensitive cod...not one public statement to support his life long frined(yeh right) and reports that privately livid over Keith's immature actions(he is correct -but still needs to show support publicly even though on "holiday').

whats the point of a statement if Keith isnt critically injured. Thats what they employ spokesmen for. If Mick DID say something, there would be people who would interpret that as meaning Keith WAS very seriously ill. damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

And if he's privately livid about Keith's stupidity, then how come people seem to know about it. Dont fall for that tabloid bullshit
15th May 2006 10:52 AM
jb I understand...and you have a point, as none of the other Stones have come out and said anything. Cohl has this thing totally in his control. We are lucky to haved this man in ther Stones camp....
15th May 2006 10:55 AM
speedfreakjive maybe Keith can write some decent songs when he's recovering at home
15th May 2006 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
maybe Keith can write some decent songs when he's recovering at home

Losing my grip?
15th May 2006 10:59 AM
speedfreakjive when the coconut comes down?
15th May 2006 11:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I understand...and you have a point, as none of the other Stones have come out and said anything.

its worth remembering also that Woody was with Keith when this happened, and there hasnt been any mention of him ever since - not even when Keith was taken to hospital in New Zealand

Maybe Mick had him shot and buried at sea.
15th May 2006 11:18 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:

its worth remembering also that Woody was with Keith when this happened, and there hasnt been any mention of him ever since - not even when Keith was taken to hospital in New Zealand

Maybe Mick had him shot and buried at sea.

In that case: no more bad solos. Is his successor announced already?
15th May 2006 11:21 AM
Gazza I knew it wouldnt take long for that kind of answer!!!
15th May 2006 11:30 AM
Gazza speaking of Ronnie, this just in within the last few minutes...

Tree fall Keith is 'bouncing back'

Rolling Stone Keith Richards is on the mend and preparing to tour again despite his recent brain surgery, according to the wife of bandmate Ronnie Wood.

Richards underwent the operation after falling out of a palm tree.

The 62-year-old was discharged from a New Zealand hospital last week and is being monitored by doctors as an outpatient.

Jo Wood, wife of Richards’ bandmate Ronnie, said the star was recovering well.

“Yes, he had an accident but Keith’s as strong as an ox, really he is. He’ll bounce back. Keith always does,” she told the Evening Standard.

“He’s fine and the tour will continue – it just might have to restart a bit behind schedule, that’s all.”

Richards had the accident while on holiday in Fiji during a break in the Stones world tour.

A spokesman said his operation a “complete success” and he left hospital thanking the “beautiful ladies” who had nursed him back to health.

The guitarist is recuperating in New Zealand with wife Patti Hansen.

An announcement about the rescheduled tour dates is expected soon.

http://www.examiner.ie/breaking/story.asp?j=210940745&p=zyx94y56x&n=210941631&x=

same story here :
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=182729038&p=y8z7z9744
15th May 2006 11:31 AM
Staffan
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
when the coconut comes down?

Considering that he fell from a ladder before the 1998 Euro tour, maybe they should include Coming Down Again in the setlist?
15th May 2006 11:36 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:
speaking of Ronnie, this just in within the last few minutes...

Tree fall Keith is 'bouncing back'

Rolling Stone Keith Richards is on the mend and preparing to tour again despite his recent brain surgery, according to the wife of bandmate Ronnie Wood.

Richards underwent the operation after falling out of a palm tree.

The 62-year-old was discharged from a New Zealand hospital last week and is being monitored by doctors as an outpatient.

Jo Wood, wife of Richards’ bandmate Ronnie, said the star was recovering well.

“Yes, he had an accident but Keith’s as strong as an ox, really he is. He’ll bounce back. Keith always does,” she told the Evening Standard.

“He’s fine and the tour will continue – it just might have to restart a bit behind schedule, that’s all.”

Richards had the accident while on holiday in Fiji during a break in the Stones world tour.

A spokesman said his operation a “complete success” and he left hospital thanking the “beautiful ladies” who had nursed him back to health.

The guitarist is recuperating in New Zealand with wife Patti Hansen.

An announcement about the rescheduled tour dates is expected soon.

http://www.examiner.ie/breaking/story.asp?j=210940745&p=zyx94y56x&n=210941631&x=

same story here :
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=182729038&p=y8z7z9744

Now that sounds encouraging Gazza..is this paper reputable?..I mean as far as print media?....Thanks
15th May 2006 11:38 AM
Gazza Its not (widely) available in Northern Ireland so its not a paper I'm personally familiar with, but as far as I know its not a tacky tabloid if thats what you mean.
15th May 2006 11:38 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Staffan wrote:

Considering that he fell from a ladder before the 1998 Euro tour, maybe they should include Coming Down Again in the setlist?

indeed!!
15th May 2006 11:41 AM
gimmekeef Gazza...thanks..yes was just wondering how newsworthy vs trash they are....Hopefully this is true and another postive sign of short delay versus major/total cancellations in Europe....Wouldnt be a world tour without you guys seeing em!
15th May 2006 11:41 AM
jostorm I have to second you, Angiegirl!!!

Sir Moonie, you DO seem to have serious issues....(or a very whacky and surreal sense of humour??? In which case I'd sort of let you off...)
I suggest you peruse one of those brochures the German Government has just printed to promote the "new and likeable face" of the nation, in time for the next football cup, featuring Claudia Schiffer, Playmobil figures, Mercedes, BMW, Oktoberfest...etc. as night-time reading....It may even convince you that the Germans aren't all that bad...

Personally, I don't think the US should get a minitour next fall at all, as they murdered so many indians and buffalos.....And I'm not even mentioning trespasses committed in more recent history, I'd be typing for days...

15th May 2006 11:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
I have to second you, Angiegirl!!!

Sir Moonie, you DO seem to have serious issues....(or a very whacky and surreal sense of humour??? In which case I'd sort of let you off...)

its the latter, I can assure you ;-)
15th May 2006 11:48 AM
jostorm Gazza: good!

Was haben wir gelacht !!!!!! Drei Eimer voll, und den Rest ins Katzenklo.....
15th May 2006 12:07 PM
Gazza I'm impressed that in Germany even cats have toilets.

Anyway, the Daily Mail have now picked up on the Jo Wood interview as a sign that Keith will soon be ready to go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=386343&in_page_id=1773&ito=1490

Vorsprung Durch Technik, Der Riffmeister!
[Edited by Gazza]
15th May 2006 12:21 PM
jb Jo Wood is very reliable!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)