ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm HAPPY because... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 12th, 2004 12:07 PM
jb There are similarities and differences...remember, Nam was in theory to stop Communism which was our biggest threat at the time....however, since both we(the USA) and the then Soviet Union realized that any conflict b/t the superpowers would result in mutual destruction...this more or less "kept" the peace....The war on terror, which ostensibly is why we went into Iraq, is a totally different situation. We are dealing with people(and I use that term reluctantly) who are committed to our destruction and have no fear of dying and in fact, encourage their followers to die in support of their cause.....how can one win this war when these fanatics do not abide by any code of human decency .....It scares me to say this, but we all know inevitably that these animals will indeed committ another 9/11 with even deadlier results...that is why I generally do not have a problem with 'pre-emptive" strikes against these groups....The problem with Iraq, is that looking back, we may very well have been "safer" with Saddam in control as he opposed these groups , albeit for self-serving interests. Unintentionally, we may very well have created a situation whereby Iraq has become a center for terrorist planning similar to Afghanistan..
May 12th, 2004 12:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK JB...now, are you starting to see why some of us are saying that Bush's foriegn policy was, shall we say...shortsighted?

Perhaps we should have been looking for ways to make our own borders safer, than to make up fairy tale WMDs and invade and occupy a country that really didn't have much to do with international terrorism? On the "Threats to International Peace" chart, Iraq had a pretty low rating. Mr. Bush, needing an excuse, had the CIA invent some reasons to put Iraq high up on that list. That is inexcusable.

We must un-elect our President in November. I just hope that he doesn't do something else incredibly stupid by then.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
May 12th, 2004 12:28 PM
sirmoonie Comparing Iraq to Vietnam is almost as ignorant and misguided as comparing the events leading to the current Iraqi clusterpiss to the events threatening world civilization in the 1930s and 40s.
May 12th, 2004 12:31 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
jb wrote:
There are similarities and differences...remember, Nam was in theory to stop Communism which was our biggest threat at the time....however, since both we(the USA) and the then Soviet Union realized that any conflict b/t the superpowers would result in mutual destruction...this more or less "kept" the peace....The war on terror, which ostensibly is why we went into Iraq, is a totally different situation. We are dealing with people(and I use that term reluctantly) who are committed to our destruction and have no fear of dying and in fact, encourage their followers to die in support of their cause.....how can one win this war when these fanatics do not abide by any code of human decency .....It scares me to say this, but we all know inevitably that these animals will indeed committ another 9/11 with even deadlier results...that is why I generally do not have a problem with 'pre-emptive" strikes against these groups....The problem with Iraq, is that looking back, we may very well have been "safer" with Saddam in control as he opposed these groups , albeit for self-serving interests. Unintentionally, we may very well have created a situation whereby Iraq has become a center for terrorist planning similar to Afghanistan..

Please stop insulting animals other than human animals.

Abuse creates fanaticism, ever consider that?

You can't fight the insane and truly win if you are just as insane.

I guess no one will ever win.

May 12th, 2004 12:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I just hope that he doesn't do something else incredibly stupid by then.

He does something incredibly stupid every day. Its the sine qua non of mental retardation.

The hope is that he doesn't do something incredibly stupid that wastes more time, resources, money, or lives than he already has.
May 12th, 2004 12:33 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
OK JB...now, are you starting to see why some of us are saying that Bush's foriegn policy was, shall we say...shortsighted?

Perhaps we should have been looking for ways to make our own borders safer, than to make up fairy tale WMDs and invade and occupy a country that really didn't have much to do with international terrorism? On the "Threats to International Peace" chart, Iraq had a pretty low rating. Mr. Bush, needing an excuse, had the CIA invent some reasons to put Iraq high up on that list. That is inexcusable.

We must un-elect our President in November. I just hope that he doesn't do something else incredibly stupid by then.

I am VERY happy that Bush is up solid numbers in the three latest Pennsylvania polls.

VIVA BUSH!
May 12th, 2004 01:06 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I've already went jogging.

Do they jiggle?

Just a bit?

May 12th, 2004 01:10 PM
jb Hi Steelie! What have you been up to? Why don't you post more frequently? How's dad's ZX? Can you send me a copy of 'Jersey Devils"?
May 12th, 2004 01:13 PM
telecaster I am happy that Steelie is posting with some regularity

I am happy that jb is getting more ass than a toilet seat

I am happy for joey that Larry Hagman has a new acting job

http://www.suntimes.com/index/sneed.html

�Former "Dallas" power couple Larry Hagman and Linda Gray (J.R. and Sue Ellen Ewing) are pairing up on the small screen again on the daytime soap "The Bold and the Beautiful

[Edited by telecaster]
May 12th, 2004 01:16 PM
Bloozehound I'm happy that I still have my head attached to my shoulders unlike that poor Berg kid I just watched a video of.

Fucking savages.
May 12th, 2004 01:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I am VERY happy that Bush is up solid numbers in the three latest Pennsylvania polls.<

Just goes to show what I've been saying all along...PA is populated with a lot of dumbass rednecks. You would fit in well Tele.

May 12th, 2004 01:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>I am VERY happy that Bush is up solid numbers in the three latest Pennsylvania polls.<

Just goes to show what I've been saying all along...PA is populated with a lot of dumbass rednecks. You would fit in well Tele.

I thought PA was all disgruntled workers employed by local governments who complain about their jobs 24/7

No?
May 12th, 2004 01:53 PM
jb They say it will be a close election up until around Oct and then either the country will embrace teh incumbent or chose to throw him out....my gut feelings are that Bush will survive b/c the country wants stability during war time and Kerry just doesn't excite people..
May 12th, 2004 02:03 PM
gypsy Baby Steelie! Yes, they jiggle a bit.
I'm HAPPY for nice firm breasts...just another reason to NOT have kiddies.

I don't want to see the video of Berg being beheaded...his parents have asked that it not be shown. There are pics of his father collapsing in his front yard after seeing said video.
May 12th, 2004 02:07 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Baby Steelie! Yes, they jiggle a bit.
I'm HAPPY for nice firm breasts...just another reason to NOT have kiddies.

I don't want to see the video of Berg being beheaded...his parents have asked that it not be shown. There are pics of his father collapsing in his front yard after seeing said video.

It's strange how some people get off watching that stuff...remeber those movies about a decde or so ago which showed people being killed, eaten by alligators, etc....I have to say that man, in his purest form, is evil.
May 12th, 2004 02:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I thought PA was all disgruntled workers employed by local governments who complain about their jobs 24/7

No?<

Oh heck no. We have some of those, no question, but they are far far outnumbered by dumbass rednecks. This is why out local governments are the way they are. One of our County Commissioners...I am not making this up...had bumper stickers made up that said..."Have a hoagie with Yogi, he bears the truth.". Most of the population thought this was very clever. Oddly, you had to pay for your hoagie, and he never really said anything about what "truth" he was refering too.

If Toby Keith ever wanted to pull an Arnold...PA would be his place to do it.

And yet, I go to work, day after day, saving the dumbass rednecks in spite of themselves. Ain't life grand!

Disgruntled? No. I am firmly gruntled.
May 12th, 2004 02:14 PM
Joey " I'm HAPPY for nice firm breasts...just another reason to NOT have kiddies. "

Come to Joey .......................................

May 12th, 2004 02:17 PM
jb Skylark

She's faced the hardest times
you could imagine
and many times her eyes fought back the tears
and when her youthful world
was about to fall in
each time her slender shoulders
bore the weight of all her fears
and a sorrow no one hears
still rings in midnight silence,
in her ears

Let her cry, for she's a lady
let her dream, for she's a child
let the rain fall down upon her
She's a free and gentle flower,
growing wild

and if by chance I should hold her
let me hold her for a time
but if allowed just one possession
I would pick her from the garden,
to be mine

Be careful how you touch her,
for she'll awaken
and sleep's the only freedom that she knows
and when you walk into her eyes,
you won't believe
the way she's always paying
for a debt she never owes
and a silent wind still blows
that only she can hear and so she goes

Let her cry, for she's a lady
let her dream, for she's a child

let the rain fall down upon her
She's a free and gentle flower,
growing wild

May 12th, 2004 02:22 PM
gypsy I remember those videos, jb. Faces of Death...God, those were sick. I was in high school then...all the boys used to rent those and discuss the gory details at school. Sick.
May 12th, 2004 02:24 PM
Bloozehound to bad they were staged
May 12th, 2004 02:24 PM
Bloozehound i'd understand you guys complaints if they were real
May 12th, 2004 02:25 PM
egon not the first 2-3 or so. they were very real.
May 12th, 2004 02:27 PM
Bloozehound bs

they were phony baloney

some contained some real news footage from other countrys of assasinations and auto accidents - nothing you don't see on the evening news
May 12th, 2004 02:28 PM
Joey

" Say A Little Prayer for You
B. Bacharach-H. David
1966 Blue Seas Music Inc. & Jac Music Co. Inc. "

" The moment I wake up
Before I put on my make up
I say a little prayer for you
While combing my hair now
And wond'ring what dress to wear now

Forever, forever you'll stay in my hear
And I will love you
Forever, and ever we never will part
Oh, how I love you
Together, together, that's how it must be.
To live without you
Would only mean heartache for me

I run for the bus now, dear
While riding I think of us dear
At work I just take time
and all through my coffee break time

Forever, forever you'll stay in my hear
And I will love you
Forever, and ever we never will part
Oh, how I love you
Together, together, that's how it must be.
To live without you
Would only mean heartache for me

My darling, believe me
For me there is no one but you
Please love me too
I'm in love with you
Answer my prayer
Say you love me too "

May 12th, 2004 02:29 PM
Nellcote Hey Joey;

How happy should I be that I am sitting in the 16th row for the WHO next Thursday 05/20? What should I expect?
I last saw them in '75 when they were all alive. Sometimes these days, I feel I only listen to Deadman Rock, however, due to the infusion of Zak Starkey, I'm giving the WHO another chance. Should I bring my BIC lighter, and yell "FREEBIRD" for an encore? OOPS, wrong band! Oh Great One, please advise what I should prepare for?
May 12th, 2004 02:35 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Joey;

How happy should I be that I am sitting in the 16th row for the WHO next Thursday 05/20? What should I expect?
I last saw them in '75 when they were all alive. Sometimes these days, I feel I only listen to Deadman Rock, however, due to the infusion of Zak Starkey, I'm giving the WHO another chance. Should I bring my BIC lighter, and yell "FREEBIRD" for an encore? OOPS, wrong band! Oh Great One, please advise what I should prepare for?

They will put on a good show, but they ain't the Rolling Stones.
May 12th, 2004 02:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot >to bad they were staged <

What do you mean "too bad"?

You would prefer that those were REAL deaths?

What kind of sicko are you?
May 12th, 2004 02:45 PM
Bloozehound no need for name calling SS

see my post after the post you quote

just making the point there's no cause for alarm concerning those videos

[Edited by Bloozehound]
May 12th, 2004 02:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is such a happy thread.
May 12th, 2004 02:51 PM
sirmoonie I'm happy for my new godzilla bong. High on the muffin'! Its the smokes! The smokes!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6