ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm HAPPY because... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 12th, 2004 05:25 AM
throbby I'm happy because after 44 years I find myself exactly where I want to be. In love with a most beautiful soul.
May 12th, 2004 06:10 AM
luxury1 wow
May 12th, 2004 08:11 AM
Factory Girl Still searching...
May 12th, 2004 08:14 AM
Factory Girl Wait a minute---

I am happy about-

1. My cool friends at RO
2. My cool friends ay Gasland
3. My cool friends elsewhere in cyberworld.
4. My great taste in music.
5. Family stuff

May 12th, 2004 09:19 AM
sirmoonie I'm happy that god invented booze so I can drink away the fucking pain.
May 12th, 2004 09:24 AM
nankerphelge I am happy becuz I have just re-joined my former law firm!

Those interested in my new contact info, just drop a quick PM and I shall send you the gory details.

Those not interested, please proceed immediately to the FU thread!

May 12th, 2004 09:49 AM
Joey

" I'm damn happy to be alive first and foremost. "

Amen My Stonesian Queen

" Extra damn Happy that so many of the musicians I love are still living and out there performing their hearts out. "

Yes , agreed !!!! BEST STONES YET !!!! BEST WHO YET !!!!

" Happy as hell that I've met so many cool people on this groovy board. "

Everyone here is EXTREMELY COOL !

" Happy I have more music than I know what to do with thanks to the gracious generosity of the members of this board. "

Me Too !

" Happy to be married to a wonderful man, happy marriages are the BEST! "

Congratulatuions to Chris and yourself

" Happy to love and be loved by others....cats included. "

[ Insert Kitty Emoticon Here ]

" Happy to be alive....still. "

Amen !

" Joey, why didn't you mention that you are happy to have ME in your life????? "

Martha , now you KNOW I am very very Happy to have you in my life -- You are much loved by The Joey !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jercee Joe

May 12th, 2004 09:54 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm happy that god invented booze so I can drink away the fucking pain.

I love your new Avatar ........................... " Compelling " is the word that comes to mind .

First " JaggerBomb " is on me this Friday Evening .

Word ! Mongo !

Jercee Bercey !
May 12th, 2004 10:35 AM
jb I not very happy at this time.
May 12th, 2004 10:38 AM
egon
May 12th, 2004 10:50 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I not very happy at this time.

If I could burn the brand new Paris Hilton DVD " ( One Night In Paris ) " for you I would my Brother ..........

Jacky Hilton !

May 12th, 2004 10:52 AM
jb Joey, I never asked you if you were married?
May 12th, 2004 10:57 AM
egon i feel a proposal coming up.
May 12th, 2004 11:04 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:
i feel a proposal coming up.

How about a little outrage about what those animals did to Nick Berg !!! Or the Palestinians carrying around an Israeli soldiers head and using it for ransom...where is the rage now?
May 12th, 2004 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, I never asked you if you were married?

Oh , Hell No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been " engaged " a couple of times but managed to weasel out of both of those relationships .......

It is like Roger Daltrey says , " the only reason why two people should get married is to have Kids ! Period ! "

...........and your young Joey is in NO hurry to have any little kiddies -- Word ! ...To Your Great Grand Pappy !

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

May 12th, 2004 11:05 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm happy that god invented booze so I can drink away the fucking pain.

You know, it must suck being a fly stuck between windows in the fall, then being frozen all winter, only to come back to life and be stuck between those same windows.

May 12th, 2004 11:06 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Joey wrote:

...........and your young Joey is in NO hurry to have any little kiddies -- Word ! ...To Your Great Grand Pappy !

I'll drink to that!

May 12th, 2004 11:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm happy that my pals Joey & JB have found a lasting love in each other. It warms my heart to see two people that I like and respect, find true love in each other's hairy man arms.

This is the 21st century, they should be able to have a same sex, interfaith marraige...with no social implications! And without having to go to San Francisco(we all know how JB refuses to fly!).

The only question I have is....which one takes it in the ass? Or was that too personal?
May 12th, 2004 11:11 AM
egon one word; the netherlands.

gay marriages AND legal drugs.
May 12th, 2004 11:12 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

The only question I have is....which one takes it in the ass? Or was that too personal?

You have to ask? Isn't it obvious that Joey's the bitch?

May 12th, 2004 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

How about a little outrage about what those animals did to Nick Berg !!! Or the Palestinians carrying around an Israeli soldiers head and using it for ransom...where is the rage now?

The " Berg Beheading " Video Clip is out there right now ( Here is the link ) :

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&e=3&u=/nm/20040512/ts_nm/iraq_beheading_reaction_dc

Individuals at the office who have seen the video clip say it is the most disturbing thing that they have EVER witnessed and that the image burns in the mind and is haunting .............

I refused to watch it yesterday and a bunch of my colleagues and myself went into a conference room and screened an advanced copy of " One Night in Paris " instead .................EXCELLENT !!!! Highly Recommended !

" Remember the good ol' days of the Clinton Administration when the worst thing happeneing in the world was SEX WITH INTERNS Ronnie ?! "

Jacky Hilton !

[Edited by Joey]
May 12th, 2004 11:18 AM
jb I don't watch violent stuff like that either Joey....it is sick enough to know what they did without having the horrific scene etched in my mind....my "partner" just watched it and regrets it.....
May 12th, 2004 11:20 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and JB...you're right. Those things you mentioned are horrific.

But that does not mean that we should act the same way. Are we not supposed to be showing the world our superior moral values? That our way of life is better? Isn't the whole point to stop the violence? That civilized peoples do not act like barbarians?

We are picking a very odd way to show it.
May 12th, 2004 11:23 AM
Donny Rummy
quote:
jb wrote:
....my "partner" just watched it and regrets it.....

Are you cheating on Joey?

I think we need to have our fighting men and women do more gay S&M pics in the prisons as retaliation.

May 12th, 2004 11:28 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, and JB...you're right. Those things you mentioned are horrific.

But that does not mean that we should act the same way. Are we not supposed to be showing the world our superior moral values? That our way of life is better? Isn't the whole point to stop the violence? That civilized peoples do not act like barbarians?

We are picking a very odd way to show it.

As you know SS, like you, I initially supported getting rid of Saddam....unlike you, I continued to support the war despite some of the things that you and others have pointed out. However, I am coming to the conclusion that our intentions of "democrotizing" this area is impossible. Therefore, I currently would support withdrawing our troops on a gradual basis and allowing the Iraqi's to settle things among themselves...it really comes down to the fact that I can't take watching our soldiers getting killed for a cause which is unattainable.....
[Edited by jb]
May 12th, 2004 11:37 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

As you know SS, like you, I initially supported getting rid of Saddam....unlike you, I continued to support the war despite some of the things that you and others have pointed out. However, I am coming to the conclusion that our intentions of "democrotizing" this area is impossible. Therefore, I currently would support withdrawing our troops on a gradual basis and allowing the Iraqi's to settle things among themselves...it really comes down to the fact that I can't take watching our soldiers getting killed for a cause which is unattainable.....
[Edited by jb]

YES !!!!!

Like Vietnam ( circa 1968 ) , most Americans are coming to believe that the price / cost of the War is too high and that withdrawal from that " Sea of Devestation " is the only logical alternative at this particular juncture in world history .

The Problem ?!?! How do we extricate ourselves from that mess ?!?!?!

Paging Dr. Henry Kissinger ........................

For Kit : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

LBJOEY !

May 12th, 2004 11:43 AM
LadyJane jb..you hit it. I feel the exact same way and it astonishes me the number of people that feel the same.

Now..this is supposed to be the "Happy Thread".

I'm happy for good friends who cheer me up on bad days like today!!

LJ.
May 12th, 2004 11:45 AM
egon LJ,

The world of economics and capitalism explained in farm terms...

Traditional Capitalism
You have two cows.
You sell one and buy a bull.
Your herd multiplies, and the economy grows.
You sell the herd and retire on the income.

However, if you're...

An American Corporation
You have two cows.
You sell one, and force the other to produce the milk of four cows.
You are surprised when the cow drops dead.

A French Corporation
You have two cows.
You go on strike because you want three cows.

A Japanese Corporation
You have two cows.
You re-design them so they are one-tenth the size of an ordinary
cow and produce twenty times the milk. You then create irritating
cow cartoon images called Cowkimon and market them world-wide at a
fantastic profit.

A German Corporation
You have two cows.
You re-engineer them so they live for 100 years, eat once a month,
and milk themselves.

An English Corporation
You have two cows.
Both are mad.

An Italian Corporation
You have two cows, but you don't know where they are.
You break for lunch.

A Russian Corporation
You have two cows.
You count them and learn you have five cows.
You count them again and learn you have 42 cows.
You count them again and learn you have 12 cows.
You stop counting cows and open another bottle of vodka.

A Swiss Corporation
You have 5000 cows, none of which belong to you.
You charge others for storing them.

A Hindu Corporation
You have two cows.
You worship them.

A Chinese Corporation
You have two cows.
You have 300 people milking them.
You claim full employment, high bovine productivity, and arrest the
newsman who reported the numbers.

A Welsh Corporation
You have two cows.
The younger one is rather attractive...

An Australian Corporation
You have 2 stolen bulls but think they are cows.
You die the first time you try to milk them.

An Irish Corporation
Who cares, The EU really owns them now and the pub is still serving.

A New Zealand Corporation
You have two cows.
You don't know what they are used for as they aren't sheep.
You shear them anyway.

May 12th, 2004 11:50 AM
Joey " jb..you hit it. I feel the exact same way and it astonishes me the number of people that feel the same. "

All of those horrific images coming out of Iraq are eerily reminiscent of what happened in the ' Nam :

http://www.millikin.edu/history/civilconflict/images/tetexecution.jpg

Developing ....................................

Shiver ........................................

" Stones Rule "

Jersee !
May 12th, 2004 12:02 PM
Martha I'm so happy to hear Joey admit that he still (and has always) loved me! Thank goodness!!!

JB isn't the knowledge that Joey loves you enough to make your sadness go away? Or at the very least, subside? Are you still having back pain everyday?

Did anyone see South Park's episode on "The Passion Of the Christ"? Now that gave me something to laugh (albeit in shock and horror) about. It was waaaaaay OTT.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6