ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Happy first year BdP!!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm HAPPY because... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
May 12th, 2004 03:03 PM
Monkey Woman And another thread hijacked! We can see that terrorism is rising, indeed!

Excuse the sick humor, some days you just have to laugh at the sick humanity if you don't want to scream.

So I'll just try to go back to topic. Let's be happy for what we have as long as we have it.

Yes, today, I'm happy because I laid my hands on the Singles Box Set 1963-65. Cool little collector! Worth every Euro I paid. The black CDs are incredible, they just look like little vinyls... They even have 3D grooves on the back! The booklet and photos are really nice. All in all, it's just the thing to ask for your birthday or marriage anniversary or high school gradation.

Aren't the Stones thoughtful to provide their fans with sooo much occasions to give one another presents?

May 12th, 2004 03:04 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

What kind of sicko are you?

Just look at his avatar. He and that guy with the Van Halen avatar should be bitch slapped silly.

May 12th, 2004 03:05 PM
Donny Rummy
Take a bath!
May 12th, 2004 03:17 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

Just look at his avatar. He and that guy with the Van Halen avatar should be bitch slapped silly.

you're so cool!
[Edited by Some Guy]
May 12th, 2004 03:19 PM
egon HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!

I'm very happy that I'm not this guy;

http://www.hairyback.com/gallery/view_image.php3?image_id=34

(I'm also very happy that i never met him)

Now where's that album of the village people?
May 12th, 2004 03:23 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

you're so cool!
[Edited by Some Guy]

Hi!

Do you have a hairy back?

May 12th, 2004 03:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Joey;

How happy should I be that I am sitting in the 16th row for the WHO next Thursday 05/20? What should I expect?
I last saw them in '75 when they were all alive. Sometimes these days, I feel I only listen to Deadman Rock, however, due to the infusion of Zak Starkey, I'm giving the WHO another chance. Should I bring my BIC lighter, and yell "FREEBIRD" for an encore? OOPS, wrong band! Oh Great One, please advise what I should prepare for?

Hello Nellcote .................................

You are a very very lucky man as The Oooooooooo may not be adding anymore U.S. dates other than those already scheduled ( Rumor has it that Zak Starkey is going to perform with some band called " Oasis " later on this summer --- WTF ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! )

*************** ANYWAY *****************************

But back to THE WHO ..............................

Nellcote , the concert you are going to attend next Thursday evening may very well be one of ( if not THE ) finest , most prodigious , live performances ever witnessed by mankind ................Look for " The Petey " and company to OPEN with " WHO ARE YOU " and take it away from there ..........................Since this is the opening gig , Roger Daltrey's vocals should be in pretty good shape and as for Pete Townshend , ..........Well .......... , his guitar playing these days rivals that of the late Jimi Hendrix !!!!!!!!

I wish I was attending such an occasion with you and I am very , VERY envious .

You are much Loved by the Jacky !

For Stoney : " Stones rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky T.

May 12th, 2004 03:36 PM
egon joey,

who or stones?
May 12th, 2004 03:41 PM
jb No more U.S dates? Ticket sales must be slow outside major markets? The Stones will fac similar problems next year...
May 12th, 2004 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
No more U.S dates? Ticket sales must be slow outside major markets? The Stones will fac similar problems next year...

No .

Shoreline sold out in seven minutes .....

Hollywood Bowl sold out in six minutes ....

MSG sold out in five minutes ..........

Boston Fleet Center sold out in four minutes .

**** ALL RECORDS *************

The problem is that " The Petey " is still in Priory .
May 12th, 2004 03:50 PM
Riffhard I'm happy that my divorce is going so well. We are managing to remain friends and have decided that we were always better friends anyway. So I'm happy that my future ex-wife is happy. I'm also happy that the beautiful girl I'm dating now has made it very clear the she is "a three input girl!" YES!!!

She's hot and she digs anal. Now if I can just get her to do the chick on chick thing! Don't get angry RO ladies. I just wanted to fully explain my happiness.

I'm also happy that the Iraq and Nam comparisons are shite. Fact. During the Tet offensive(which the USA won) there were a total of over one thousand American troops lost in three days. To date in Iraq we have lost less than eight hundred in over a year. I'm also happy that we have a president that understands what the words "global jihad" mean and is farsighted enough to eradicate this cancerous Islamism from the face of the planet. I'm also happy that John"I don't own an SUV,my family does"Kerry is a complete bufoon whose campaign is emploding in front of our very eyes! Yes!!!

Riffhard
May 12th, 2004 04:06 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I'm happy that my divorce is going so well. We are managing to remain friends and have decided that we were always better friends anyway. So I'm happy that my future ex-wife is happy. I'm also happy that the beautiful girl I'm dating now has made it very clear the she is "a three input girl!" YES!!!

She's hot and she digs anal. Now if I can just get her to do the chick on chick thing! Don't get angry RO ladies. I just wanted to fully explain my happiness.

I'm also happy that the Iraq and Nam comparisons are shite. Fact. During the Tet offensive(which the USA won) there were a total of over one thousand American troops lost in three days. To date in Iraq we have lost less than eight hundred in over a year. I'm also happy that we have a president that understands what the words "global jihad" mean and is farsighted enough to eradicate this cancerous Islamism from the face of the planet. I'm also happy that John"I don't own an SUV,my family does"Kerry is a complete bufoon whose campaign is emploding in front of our very eyes! Yes!!!

Riffhard

Odori della donna della scimmia dei pesci guasti rancidi di decomposizione. Joey gradisce le uova. Presto tutti sono stati dimenticati e ci decomporremo e ci fonderemo nella terra.

May 12th, 2004 04:09 PM
Joey

I am Happy that I am still " Chubb'in " over that Paris Hilton DVD that I screened yesterday afternoon .

" Can you say Priapism Ronnie ?!?! "

Jacky Hilton !
May 12th, 2004 05:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Donny Rummy wrote:

Did somebody step on a duck !?!

I apologize if i offended anyone for posting about the decapitation vid earlier, I had just watched it and got a bit ticked off in response to some of the political horseshit that was previous to that post

May 12th, 2004 05:04 PM
Some Guy Dude, why I am I getting bum rushed about my VH avatar??
May 12th, 2004 05:06 PM
Bloozehound don't sweat it, our avators just make donny horny
May 12th, 2004 07:20 PM
gypsy I think your avatar is cool, some guy. Maybe DLR gets Rummy all hot and bothered. What chick doesn't he have that effect on?
May 12th, 2004 07:46 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I think your avatar is cool, some guy. Maybe DLR gets Rummy all hot and bothered. What chick doesn't he have that effect on?

Thanks!!
May 12th, 2004 08:00 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm happy that god invented booze so I can drink away the fucking pain.

word!!

"I need a love to keep me happy"
May 12th, 2004 08:46 PM
gypsy I can't hold my liquor...so big thanks for valium, soma, vicoprofen, et al.
Gotta stay anesthetized, man.
May 12th, 2004 10:19 PM
Bloozehound Reading the Happy thread makes me wanna hear "Happy"

I here now nominate "Happy" as the official happy thread themesong (I know I'm brilliant, thank me later lol)
May 12th, 2004 10:20 PM
gypsy I'm HAPPY because my boss just called to say that this total bitch at work that we refer to as "Blob" quit...and after this Saturday, I work only M-F. Yay! No more weekends!
May 12th, 2004 10:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'm HAPPY because my boss just called to say that this total bitch at work that we refer to as "Blob" quit...and after this Saturday, I work only M-F. Yay! No more weekends!

So what. Socies will still be socies and greasers will still be greasers. Nothing ever changes.
May 12th, 2004 10:52 PM
Snappy McJack I got 99 problems and the b***h ain't one, come on!

Wait, wait, just a minnizle, I got somethin' ta say, little gangsta's just keep tryin' ta take my place--but--ain't no rookie gonna front on me, cuz it's Snoop to the DO to the double G...Unh, unh, get down...get down wit the BGD, smoke that spliff and say "We Be Free", cuz I ain't got nothin' 'gainst the East Side, but if them mutha fuckas just get up in mah face, rat-a-tat-tat you'll be hearin' in the plizace....

May 12th, 2004 10:52 PM
gypsy Yeah...but I keep going...y'know...doin' it for Johnny.
May 12th, 2004 11:56 PM
sirmoonie Nahs niggie, I cants be faded. I'm a niggie from the muthafucking society. I gives you one nix pow up the macadamie, muthafuckah!
May 13th, 2004 01:08 AM
parmeda I'm happy because...
I found this little treasure earlier today. It made me laugh my ass off. And boy, did I need to laugh.

I accidently walked in on my husband & sons watching that horrid video of Mr. Berg. There are no words in my vocabulary that I could begin to express myself with.

For whatever it's worth...I hope this makes you laugh too!

ROB SHEFFIELD�S GUIDE TO ROCK-SHOW ETIQUETTE

Lights! Guitars! Fireworks! A seven-foot burnout standing in front of you, singing �Fake Plastic Trees� while Skank-o-Tron waves her digital camera, spills beer on you and screams, �Wooooo!� Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends - It�s the rock show. As everybody knows, the band is only half the experience, or less if it�s Nickleback. In the right crowd, you�re one of the sun-kissed children of the rock gods, united under a blood-red sky. But the wrong crowd makes the show feel like waiting in line at a bus-terminal bathroom. If only we would all follow these simple Rock Show Etiquette Rules.

1. DON�T SAY CONCERT. - Say show. It�s shorter and saves valuable drinking time.

2. YOU�RE EITHER IN THE PIT OR YOU�RE OUT. - And if you�re out, either get in or stop pushing and shoving. If we wanted to be pressed up against a stranger�s hairy, sweaty body, we�d return your mom�s calls.

3. LESS TALK, MORE ROCK. - When the spirit moves you, yell, �Dude, they rock!� or maybe even, �They rock, dude!� But if you really feel like sharing, take your chitchat out to the bar. The bartender gets paid to listen to you whine - we don�t. Besides, the guitarist�s girlfriend will kick your ass; I�ve seen it happen.

4. SLAP THE GUY WHO YELLS, �FREE BIRD!� - Tackle him, break his left thumb, tell him the right one is next. The ironic �Free Bird!� joke was cute in the 1980�s for fifteen minutes, which isn�t even long enough to play the song. You are only allowed to yell �Free Bird!� if the band is really gonna play it, in which case you are required to have tears in your eyes, a Pabst in your hand, a pretty little lady on your shoulders and godless communism under your feet.

5. DON�T BLOCK THE ROCK. - Tall dudes, you know who you are. Why not hang in the back where the tall dudes go, instead of pushing up front to block the view like Rerun chasing the ice cream truck? I�m six-five, so I just lean against the wall. Honor the tall-rock-dude-code - or know that the rest of us are watching you and thinking, �Jesus, what a bitch.� I hate to imagine what the short girls behind you are thinking, but I�m safe to say they�re not planning to blow you.

6. EARPLUGS ARE YOUR FRIENDS. - The band is wearing earplugs. So are the roadies, the promoters, the burger ladies, the dealers. The band assumes you have earplugs. too - that�s why it cranks the treble so high. So buy them at the drugstore, wad up TP from the bathroom, save cotton from aspirin bottles. It takes only one bad amp to turn your ears to oatmeal: That�s how old hippies became Yanni fans.

7. DON�T BRING THE CAMERA. - People who wave digital cameras at shows are the same people who sit in front of you at hockey games and wear those giant foam-rubber fingers that say, WE�RE NUMBER ONE!

8. DON�T WORRY, THEY�LL PLAY IT. - How sweet - you�re shouting out requests. Look, are you really scared Ricky Martin won�t sing �Livin� la Vida Loca� tonight? Wondering whether Limp Bizkit feel like doing �Nookie�? It�s the hit! They�re saving it for last! Most bands are aware nobody gives a giraffe�s nads about their other ten songs. Shouting for the hit just makes us feel sorry for them. BTW, Ricky Martin always used to do �Livin� la Vida Loca� first, sparing everybody the trouble of screaming for it! Thanx, Ricky!

9. WOOOOO! - Nooooooooo!

10. DANCE ON THE TABLE. - If you are near a table, and if you happen to be an extremely drunk girl, you must do this at least once. When you�re an old lady dribbling into paper bags, you�ll be glad you spazzed out when you had the chance. If this girl accidentally kicks a drink in your face, consider it an honor.

11. ANNOY THE SECURITY GUARDS. - It�s your right, and your responsibility, to tell Tiny why he should let you backstage. �Come on, let me in, I�m totally friends with the drummer!� �Come on, don�t make me text the manager!� Remember: Tiny hates music. You�re the only entertainment he�s got.

12. DON�T BRING COURTNEY. - Life is difficult enough.
May 13th, 2004 02:45 AM
shakedhandswithkeith ....because my daughter ELISA was born at 21rst of April!!!!!
May 13th, 2004 07:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm happy,very happy and think only happy thoughts. That way I get to stay out of the cornfield.

http://www.tzworld.com/ITSAGOODLIFE_EP.html
May 13th, 2004 08:02 AM
Jumacfly i m happy cuz after a little split my band is back so i can still play RNR with my pals.....and i m happy for Jb and Joey wedding, hope i ll be there !!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6