ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: message from jb Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 21st, 2005 03:36 PM
kath

voodoo and joey are being mean to me!!!!!
April 21st, 2005 03:44 PM
Joey " Cleansing the Bowels

The Importance of Keeping the Bowels Clean and Healthy "

" In today’s fast paced, fast food society the importance of bowel health is the furthest thing from most people’s minds. Is it that society has placed such a negative tone on the discussion of a natural body process? In my professional experience I would have to say yes. Most of us have never been shown or taught the importance of bowel health nor did we learn anything about the bowels from our years of schooling. Some of us may have taken a physiology class and learned of the digestive system but not how to keep them functioning to their best ability.

Today Colon cancer kills 400% more people than AIDS! This fact is very alarming. In fact almost all degenerative diseases have their root in a toxic and sluggish bowel. Some of the more notable diseases attributed to toxic bowels are Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, and all Rheumatoid disorders. The point that should be taken from these facts is that the bowels play a major role in our day-to-day health.

Did you know that when fecal matter remains in the bowels for more than 18 hours the body starts to reabsorb the toxins! When this happens one may notice headaches, muscle aches and even lowered resistance to foreign invaders. According to the Merck Manual, a standard text for diagnosing and treating disease, the cases of diverticulosis (herniated bowel pockets caused by pressure brought on by constipation) and colon polyps (a tumor that arises from the bowel surface and protrudes into the colon), are on the rise. It is estimated that every person over the age of forty will develop some form of diverticulosis, polyps, colitis, colon cancer, or other degenerative bowel problems.

It is time for Americans to come to an understanding about how our bowels should function. Most of us feel that if we have one movement a day we are doing well. How far from the truth that belief is. We have been told by our Medical Doctors that one movement a day is normal. Did you know that most people in third world countries have 3-5 movements daily! That may seem like a lot, but once you experience this for a few days you will wonder how you ever lived without this freedom. Most third world country citizens eat more natural and whole living foods unlike the average American diet of junk food and processed foods. For many of us it has taken years to toxify the bowels, and it could take up to year to reestablish the bowels normal health and flora through daily cleansing according to Doctor Bernard Jensen.

A sluggish colon usually develops over time. Some leading factors of sluggish colons are lack of fiber in the diet, leaky gut syndrome in the small intestines, and build up of pockets or layers of old fecal matter. Over time the colon can develop a false lining called mucoid plaque. It was reported that when John Wayne died his autopsy revealed 15 pounds of this sludge in his colon! This sludge has taken many of us years to form but the effects it has on our bodies are deadly.

You will know when you remove this sludge from your body, it has a smell of rotting that only the experience of seeing and smelling it could bring. This sludge is a perfect breeding ground for pathogens. When this sludge is present it sits on the healthy colon and produces irritation of the colon lining. This sludge also contributes to the re-absorption of toxins that should be leaving the body.

Some Signs of a not so Healthy Colon
Feet always have offensive odor
Underarms always have offensive odor
Continued bad breath
Uncontrolled or excessive flatulence
Very fowl smelling stools
Diagnosis with Colitis
Diagnosis with Diverticulitis
Diagnosis with Colon Cancer
Diagnosis with Crohn’s disease
Constipation
Altering constipation and diarrhea
Continual diarrhea
Continued skin problems & irritations
Chronic sinus problems
Other contributing factors to bad bowel health are over use of anti-biotics, which destroy good bacteria as well as the bad. Eating junk foods and processed foods that are filled with chemicals that promote overgrowth of bad bacteria and invite in more parasites and pathogens, total lack of fiber in the diet, eating too much meat, not drinking enough water, lack of stretching and exercise, alcohol and prescription drug abuse.

What is Good Bowel Behavior?

Movements 3-5 times daily.
Softly formed stools
Lack of really offensive smell
Little or no flatulence
No feelings of sluggishness or constipation in the bowels
So what can be done to clean up our digestive system? First, one must start with changing their eating habits. Try to avoid processed foods and move towards more whole foods such as vegetables and fruits. These foods are wonderful and if eaten raw or slightly steamed they can provide living enzymes for proper digestion and good microflora for the intestines. Most of us are to far gone to regain our intestinal health through proper eating alone.

One should start with herbs that cleanse and scrap the bowels, along with herbs that increase and stimulate peristalsis (the natural movement that pushed food/fecal matter through the intestines). Psyllium Husk or Psyllium Hulls are a good source of fiber. Psyllium should only be taken in the powdered form. This method helps insure proper expansion of the Psyllium once it enters the intestinal tract. Once Psyllium has expanded it works like sandpaper to scrape the lining of the intestines and colon pulling and dislodging old fecal mater. If flatulence develops from use of Psyllium this may be due to Salmonella, Shigella, or E. Coli bacteria present in the intestines. If this happens taking Fennel, Turmeric or both together may help fight of problems with gas.

Secondly it is important to take herbs that stimulate the peristalic action of the intestines. Such herbs are Cascara Sagrada, Senna Leaf, Turkey Rhubarb, and Aloe Vera just to name a few. These herbs work to keep the bowels moving regularly until sludge and toxins are removed and proper health is restored to the intestines. These herbs when used in conjunction with Psyllium are very powerful to move and pull toxins out of the digestive tract. Simply put, these herbs in conjunction work to scrape the colon wall and move fecal matter along. This action over time (6 months to a year) may help restore proper regularity to the bowels.

Last, one should reestablish proper flora to the bowels. The correct ratio should be 80% good bacteria to 20% bad bacteria. Having good bacteria in high numbers helps improve B vitamin production and may help stave off foreign invaders. Most Americans have a reversed situation going on inside, 20% good bacteria and 80% bad bacteria. This leads to over growth of harmful bacteria that can then go unchecked and spread into the body. Anti-Biotics may also contribute to unbalanced intestinal flora since Anti-Biotics kill all bacteria not just the bad ones. Taking or eating foods high in Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidus can help to restore proper flora balance to the intestines. There are other forms of good bacteria not mentioned here that can and may help. These good bacteria are sometimes referred to as Pro-Biotics.

In conclusion maintaining proper bowel health is critical for stopping and retarding degenerative disease. Our society has been led astray and our food industry is not doing much to help. For all degenerative disorders have their root in the intestines and the colon. The entire digestive system is a miracle of god and it is a shame that we continue to pollute and pollute and pollute this system with poisons. Is it any wonder that our bodies have developed disease and have led us to the degeneration of our health? Comparatively putting junk food into our bodies is no worse than smoking a cigarette. Finally one is left with a choice, do we care for or abuse our magnificent digestive system? "

[ Edited by Kath ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 21st, 2005 03:47 PM
Joey
" Dennis Miller...this is his take on the situation in israel(and p.s...he isn't jewish)"

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need.Here we go:The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like “Wiccan,” “Palestinian” sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no “Palestinians.”As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the “Palestinians,” weeping for their deep bond with their lost “land” and “nation.”So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word “Palestinian” any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: “Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death.”I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: “Adjacent Jew-Haters.” Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel.They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where the real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or “The Zionist Entity” as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something.It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim mid-east. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.Chew this around and spit it out: five hundred million Arabs, five million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals. Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting.No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.After September 11th our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them. Beautiful.Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint.If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan.Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Walk in peace! Be happy!Have a wonderful life!"
=
April 21st, 2005 04:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Dennis Miller...this is his take on the situation in israel(and p.s...he isn't jewish)"

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all Americans who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you really need.Here we go:The Palestinians want their own country. There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians. It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years. Like “Wiccan,” “Palestinian” sounds ancient but is really a modern invention. Before the Israelis won the land in the 1967 war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, the West Bank was owned by Jordan, and there were no “Palestinians.”As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the “Palestinians,” weeping for their deep bond with their lost “land” and “nation.”So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word “Palestinian” any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: “Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death.”I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: “Adjacent Jew-Haters.” Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't. They could've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region want: Israel.They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where the real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or “The Zionist Entity” as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on God's Earth, and if you've ever been around God's Earth, you know that's really saying something.It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about the great history and culture of the Muslim mid-east. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since algebra, and, by the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.Chew this around and spit it out: five hundred million Arabs, five million Jews. Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, everyone will be pals. Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: just reverse the numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it. Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting.No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.After September 11th our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the countries that supported them. Beautiful.Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we did, and we tell them to show restraint.If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and east of the Jordan.Please feel free to pass this along to your friends. Walk in peace! Be happy!Have a wonderful life!"
=

Joey very rarely,if ever,do I read your cut and paste posts,but this once let me just say this. That was a thing of sheer beauty! The worm is turning in young Joey I sense!

Riffhard
April 21st, 2005 04:32 PM
Joey

Bless You Riffy .......................

It must be the fiber
April 21st, 2005 04:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Fiji felt the need to hijack the thread and rename it "The Rapid Decline of Rocks Off"...funny, I don't see it myself. It seems to me that this place is healthy and happy. Interesting threads on a wide array of topics, a growing buzz about the upcoming album and tour, friendly communication among Stones fans from around the world.

Great post my Fleabit Peanut Gorilla!! I have not read the whole thread due to lack of time but at this moment yours is the last and couldn't wait more to reply it.

Couldn't agree more, this is just slow days and a tour is coming so soon this and many other boards will be active, fun and rocking like hell

April 21st, 2005 04:58 PM
FPM C10 Before this thread gets killed, a few points:

Dennis Miller is a fuckwad. He was funny before he became a nazi.

Thanks for the all the information about the Colon, Joey! I thought he was a much better Secretary of State than Condoleeeeeeeza. He should have resigned like all the other relatively sane members of the first Bush administration.

OK, the jury's still out on the "relatively sane" part.

My friends at the Maxy Pad seem to think I'm angry. The thing to keep in mind here is that internet bickering, like TV news, is primarily meant as a source of entertainment for those watching at home. I don't HATE Fiji, because, well, he's not really worth the effort, and no matter what Max thinks, he's my C10 brother and that still counts for something with me. Now, true, that repulsive pile of hate and insanity he puked up on the occasion of the president's re-election DID make me sick, and slightly ashamed to call him my friend - but he is still my friend. And he was probably drunk anyway.

My friends at the former Dark Corner also seem to think that my "jihad" with Fiji is politically motivated in some way. Although I do disagree with the usual gang of right-wingers on just about EVERYTHING, it really only had to do with Fiji badmouthing this board in his usual boorish manner, with his usual racist overtones. I just thought it was proper that everyone get a chance to read it, and then I took it down. It was, as I said, stinking up the joint. Of course, this led to him accusing me of not having any "nads", so to reassure him of my heterosexuality, I will repost it:

"I got a kick out of the mocking of jb at Rocks Off...I see they're still using my schtick...that board has descended into complete and utter goose droppings...it's like watching junior varsity girl's basketball..

Just as well jb...this board is quickly surpasing that board...all that is left for you there is BILL PERKS, a handful of South Americans and a phonetically challenged cornhusker"

(That was part of an entire thread entitled "The Rapid Decline of Rocks Off")

I'm sorry, but this whole thing is hilarious to me. All of it! Especially my friend (and he actually IS my friend, we drank Guinness together within sight of The Blimp)Riffhard, who takes umbrage at being stereotyped even while he fulfills every single stereotype about "conservatives"...or whatever you call them...like yesterday, somehow thinking that the "liberal press" not giving enough coverage to the Sandy Burger story had ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING we were talking about!

To my friends in other countries: this is actually what it's like here in America. You try to talk to a right winger about ANYTHING and the the conversation will eventually turn into a tiresome harangue about Bill Clinton, who has been out of office for five years now.

Anyway, I gather that everyone at www.maxlugar.com (there, I gave you a plug) has their panties in a wad because my avatar is disrespectful of the president - he's a big boy, he can take it, and it's also a monkey, which represents my board name, so please lighten up - and because I called their board "The Maxy Pad". Come on now! That's funny stuff! Maxy must think so, because once again he's changed the name of the place to reflect a comment I made. And because any time one of them comes on here blowing the bugle for Bush , I cram it up their ass. That's not going to change. You can't seperate people from their politics, as they've discovered at the Maxy Pad. Even though they have a seperate politics board, their posts making fun of the French or the Dixie Chicks - or me, for that matter - end up on the regular board along with the posts making fun of people on this board, keno's board, Doug's board, or anybody else who doesn't agree with them. And THOSE posts are the reason I'll never post there, Max - not because of your psychotic victory hoot in November.

But the main thing I need to convey to Maxy and his minions is: I HAVE found the laughter. I laugh all the way through these "jihads". I laugh more when I see half of your board taken up with a discussion of my latest "anti-American" ideas, like thinking that the "election" in Iraq wasn't worth the cost, or that the President is an idiot, etc. I am not angry in my REAL life - I have a wonderful relationship, play music with a bunch of great musicians, go to fantastic shows, and (here's my secret) don't watch TV at ALL anymore.

I DO hate George Bush and what he has done and what he is doing to the country I love, which is quickly becoming a memory. But I'm not letting it ruin my life. And I understand the support he gets from the Nascar/Toby Keith crowd, AND the crackpot Jesus people. It's the few smart people, the ones who I've shared beers and bowls and the Stones with - that puzzle me. I'll never figure them out.

April 21st, 2005 05:16 PM
Joey " Thanks for the all the information about the Colon, Joey! I thought he was a much better Secretary of State than Condoleeeeeeeza. He should have resigned like all the other relatively sane members of the first Bush administration. "

I would like to nibble your elbows and caress your kneecaps all at the same time .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ...............Why CERTAINLY !!!! :

"Lil Fiji .. I gotta admit ... You're NO Joey .... you never WILL be The Joey ... and if you don't show me some sort of a recognizable trace of any cognitive skill sets and SOON ......I'm gonna send you to ' Military School ' . "

[ Edited by Tim Robbins ]

[Edited by Joey]
April 21st, 2005 05:21 PM
Riffhard FPM you are,and always will be,my Blimp Brother! I don't understand why you hate Dennis Miller these days though? Just because he changed his side of the aisle with regards to politics? I mean c'mon! How can you dissagree with anything in the cut and past job from Joey?! He nails it. Everything in there is true about the Israel vs the Arab world. All of it is supported by facts. Mind you he uses humour to make his point,but the issues he addresses are all backed by historical fact,and unarguable truth.

We will drink many pints in NYC soon my BB!

Riffhard
April 21st, 2005 05:30 PM
Joey
" Hold off on the checks for the S.P.I.V. ......these boards are creeping me out ! " ( The MaxLugar , circa August , 2002 , after reading Baby Steel Magnolia's Howe Military Missive )

{ CA - RACK } !!!!!

**************** YOUNG JOEY NOW HUNCHED OVER HIS COMPUTER , FACE A BRIGHT RED , TEARS IN HIS EYES , WITH HIS HAND CUPPING HIS MOUTH AND GIGGLING TO HIMSELF *****************

[ Edited By Pete Townshend / MaxLugar / Tim Robbins ]
[Edited by Joey]
April 21st, 2005 06:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Great post my Fleabit Peanut Gorilla!! I have not read the whole thread due to lack of time but at this moment yours is the last and couldn't wait more to reply it.

Couldn't agree more, this is just slow days and a tour is coming so soon this and many other boards will be active, fun and rocking like hell

personally I think the board has picked up a bit and is mostly free of off topic bullshit by certain posters who never post anything of any substance regarding what most people come here for.

Strange that they feel obliged to check in to a board so often that they've no interest in anymore and choose to just lurk and not post.

I've seen five year old kids with more maturity.

they're welcome to fucking stay where they are as far as I'm concerned.
April 21st, 2005 06:10 PM
Some Guy The old Joey is back!!
April 21st, 2005 06:35 PM
Riffhard Gazza you know that all this bickering is the sole result of LOSA(lack of Stones activity). This will,obviously,be over very soon and all this stupid BS will be put to bed. I sometimes get involved in off topic threads,but I rarely,if ever,start them. I'd like to think that most here,and at The Couch,will soon be reveling in our mutual appreciation for the Stones,and all the political nonsense will take a backseat. I'm sure of it infact. By the way,it would appear that the Stones are going to be doing a mostly arena tour this time around. So can we count on your presence for the Garden show? YOTI II perhaps?

Riffhard
April 21st, 2005 07:12 PM
Gazza Riffy - I wasnt referring to you in the slightest, and your good-natured tete a tete with FPM wasnt a problem

You at least post musically related stuff of good content, others don't - and then shoot their mouth off about a board to which they contribute next to nothing of any note.

I dont mind the political stuff TOO much so long as its done in a respectful manner and isnt insulting other people's nationalities or beliefs. The nature of the world we live in means its hard to avoid. What goes on on another board of that nature isnt my concern. I dont read it anyway.

I hope to be in the 'apple' some time this year - I'm still just going to wait until I see what size of shows they're playing and where, when they're taking place and how much they're charging - and no doubt there'll be a YOTI II whether I'm there or not! I havent seen too many rumours of arena shows however, which is very disappointing, although I cant see an exclusively stadium tour unless its quite short and the ticket prices are considerably less. Theres only so many cities where the band could still fill stadiums at those ticket prices.
[Edited by Gazza]
April 21st, 2005 07:31 PM
Riffhard Thank you Gazza for that.

As for the tour,and the possibilities of an arena tour. Check out this link via the Couch by way of the fine poster Canada Dry. http://www.maxlugar.com/forum/detail.asp?Id=8406

That does indeed sound promissing to me. So,providing this is true,I hope to once again raise a few pints with you! Slainte!

Riffhard
April 21st, 2005 07:48 PM
kath http://www.fortylicksfanclub.com/Si...dex/indexgb.htm

great source!!!! it's gonna happen, folks!!!! TOUR!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!

i can hardly WAIT to "woo hoo"!!!!!!

conga line!!!
April 21st, 2005 07:52 PM
Gazza an arena show in Boston as well as the 2 Fenway shows?

sounds strange

thanks for the link, Riffy. Interesting post.

Every 'rumoured' venue I've read so far has been for a stadium show. My hunch has been all along that this tour (the American leg anyway) would be mostly arenas. I'm just hoping that all the reports about these vast outdoor shows have just been because they need to apply far in advance for licences to play shows at such venues, which wouldnt be the same for arena concerts.

maybe it'll be a stadium show on the weekend with a couple of arena shows during the week. I dont hold out much hope for too many theatre shows at low prices like we got last time.
[Edited by Gazza]
April 21st, 2005 08:24 PM
kath i am waaayy too old for a stadium show....arena shows only (oh please dear gawd...just ONE club show?? pleasepleasepleaseplease...)! i've just listened to "gimme" three times full blast...oh dear gawd....TOUR!!!!!!!!
April 21st, 2005 08:41 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote
I hope to be in the 'apple' some time this year

Well, wish in one hand and shit in the other, my friend...
Chicago is beckoning for you!
April 21st, 2005 09:20 PM
Some Guy I will not change my Happy New Year tag line until jb returns.
April 21st, 2005 10:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:

voodoo and joey are being mean to me!!!!!

you have redeemed yourself!
April 21st, 2005 11:37 PM
kath oh man. what a relief. i can sleep tonight knowing i have been redeemed. hallelujah!!

ready when you are, voodoopug!! let's rock!!

April 22nd, 2005 04:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Well, wish in one hand and shit in the other, my friend...
Chicago is beckoning for you!

I know. Financially impossible to do both, unfortunately, much as I'd love to.

NY is barely a short hop for you, however......
April 22nd, 2005 09:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I know. Financially impossible to do both, unfortunately, much as I'd love to.

Macca ?!?!

http://www.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,1101760531,00.html

April 22nd, 2005 10:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Macca ?!?!

Travel to the States to see Macca? Not a chance. I skipped him when he played Dublin 2 years ago. I'd maybe go see him if he was playing nearby, though if the chance arose.

Theres only 2 bands I'd travel anywhere near that far to see.

One's from London and the other's from Asbury Park, NJ.
April 22nd, 2005 12:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Theres only 2 bands I'd travel anywhere near that far to see.

..... the other's from Asbury Park, NJ.

{{{{ **** WTF ?!?! **** }}}}}}

You make Joey weep and shit liquid !

Why ?!?!

Why must you make the Jo Jo use so much toilet paper ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

..........and then ..... Depression set in .

*** CUE BERNSTEIN MUSIC ****

Sad Sack !
April 22nd, 2005 01:37 PM
kath scott paper company depends (heh heh heh) on YOU, joey!!!
April 22nd, 2005 01:41 PM
Joey
quote:
kath wrote:
scott paper company depends (heh heh heh) on YOU, joey!!!

I.B.S. is NO laughing matter Kath .

************ END TRANSMISSION *************
April 22nd, 2005 02:07 PM
Joey " Tips for Successful Colon Cleansing "

" 1. Once the rectal tip is inserted and you are sitting comfortably on the toilet seat, relax and release the clamp. When the water flows into your colon, hold the water as long and as much as you can before expelling, allowing normal bowel action. The slower you fill, the longer and the more you will be able to hold, so control the water flow by adjusting the clamp one or two clicks. This will help tone the bowel muscle so that it begins to work well on its own again.

2. If you feel like having a bowel or bladder elimination, it is not necessary nor recommended to remove the rectal tip nor to stand up, since both eliminations can bypass the tip. Empty your bladder and/or bowel without getting up.

3. Massage your abdomen counter-clockwise when the water fills your colon, and then clockwise when emptying. If you find a tender or lumpy spot, gently press and release, and repeat until it goes away. This is a way to physically help your bowel function.

4. Do some relaxation breathing. Inhale very slowly through your nose and exhale very slowly through your mouth, as if you are leaking the air out. Totally relax your body as you exhale. Focusing your mind on relaxing will help prevent cramps and loosen up the colon muscles.

5. If cramping occurs, close the clamp to shut off water inflow, and then relieve the bowels and do relaxation breathing. If cramping persists, use warmer water and rinse with cooler water at the end.

6. Bend your upper body down, as if you are trying to read the paper on the floor, by tip-toeing to raise your ankles and opening your legs. In this posture you can do everything mentioned above. This is the natural defecation position of most mammals. The Sitolonic is the only colon cleansing device that allows this advantageous position.

7. Do not be surprised by the strange things you might pass. Sometimes you may see a dark, long, rope-like, rubbery substance pass. This is the hard caked-on substance in your bowels. It indicates that the water is successfully dislodging toxins and cleaning out your colon.

8. It will take 45-60 minutes to finish 5 gallons of water. If you like, you may lengthen the process by using more water, all the way up to 40 gallons per day.

9. You can read, write, compute, call your friends, answer the phone, watch TV ? anything you¡¯re comfortable with! In other words, you don¡¯t have to waste any time during the Sitolonic process. No other colonic cleansing device gives you this degree of freedom. "

I THANK YOU !!!!!!!

I THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!

http://www.sitolonic.com/cha9.html
April 22nd, 2005 03:15 PM
glencar Another thread down the toilet!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour