ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why we must act now(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
19th April 2006 04:01 PM
jb NO Jews, no Peace.
19th April 2006 04:33 PM
Some Guy jb, you are well on your way to out posting joey
19th April 2006 04:42 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
jb, you are well on your way to out posting joey

eVEN ON A SLOW DAY, i ADD SOMETHING TO THE BOARD..LIKE THE STONES, i HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE...SADLY, THEY ARE DONE AFTER THE FALL TOUR..........THE DREAM HAS DIED AND WE MUST BLAME CHARLIE FOR THIS..
19th April 2006 05:12 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

eVEN ON A SLOW DAY, i ADD SOMETHING TO THE BOARD..LIKE THE STONES, i HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HERE...SADLY, THEY ARE DONE AFTER THE FALL TOUR..........THE DREAM HAS DIED AND WE MUST BLAME CHARLIE FOR THIS..

moment of silence...
19th April 2006 08:51 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Dangerously wrong---evil does NOT always = insanity , the lesson and importance of Hitler is that evil does not always come foaming out at the mouth, sometimes it comes wearing a suit and pushing an agenda that millions agree with

Not one of Hitler's physicians ever opined that he was insane. He was evil. Understand the difference....

Jizzy I speaking about Hitler in retrospect. Today nobody could deny that Hitler was insane. In fact many believe that syphilis was the cause of his insanity,and that it led him into delusional psychotic thoughts as well as his reknowned paranoia. That his doctors never commented on his insanity is no real shocker. Afterall they weren't insane! We do know that many of his generals thought he was insane. It's well known that Erwin Rommel thought he was insane,and was part of the plot to assasinate him. He,of course,was forced to commit suicide. Was Hitler evil? Absolutly! No doubt. Was he insane? Well,he did kill over 6 million people in concentration camps. So I'd say that answer is selfevident. So my thoughts on Hitler are rather simple. He was insanely evil.

Is this guy in Iran evil? Not according to his own religious beliefs. However,one could make a very valid argument that his religious beliefs are insane. I mean he has gone on record as saying that thinks he can bring about the "end times",and the reemergence of the "Twelfth Iman". Sounds insane to me.

So we are left with a pretty disturbing dilemma. Do we allow an evil man to get his hands on a nuke? Or,do we allow an insane man to get his hands on a nuke? Again,the answer seems selfevident to me.

Riffy
19th April 2006 10:54 PM
lotsajizz you are wrong as to Hitler on this issue, not that it matters...I dare you to produce or cite your sources for your assertion.....although the burden is not on me, I will tell you that mine are simply the man's medical records, most of which are contained in the Morrell diaries, but virtually all of which have been a matter of hisorical record for some time now....again, why is it so difficult to accept that evil does not always come foaming at the mouth and making itself obvious? Fairy tale evil does not exist...

that it does not is the lesson of Hitler....

I suggest a viewing of 'Triumph Of The Will'

evil AND sane...it's an awful mixture....

19th April 2006 11:32 PM
Riffhard Jizzy it would seem that the experts and historians are as perplexed as we are as to Hitler's true medical condition. Here check this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2842819.stm So there is debate raging amoungest smarter men and women on this topic than us. But that is not my point. Hitler,be he insane,or just evil and sane,is irrelevent to the topic here.

The fact is that in Iran the president,Ahmadinejad,is calling for the destruction of Israel in "one storm". He has called on the destruction of "all Zionists". Taken in context with his rants about the "end times",and "the "Twelfth Iman",his sanity or evilness is just semantics. He has just thanked Allah for giving Iran "Allah's will" that Iran have nuclear power. Iran is amoung the last countries on the planet that actually needs alternative energy sources.

So in one respect the Hitler anology holds true. As I stated in an earlier post. In 1936 Hitler alerted the world as to his designs on the Sudetenland. The world chose to ignore these warnings and the blitzkreig raged. Now we have a theological nutjob threatening to unleash a nuclear holocaust. His sanity or evilness is not even worth debating at this point. What the hell are we going to do to stop him? Negotiation is out according to his own words and actions.

Riffy
20th April 2006 05:58 AM
justforyou Before getting too carried away by Riffy's view on the 12'th Imam and Hitler, I present some views of Mahdi and the 'end days' from another source http://members.cox.net/arshad/

Please do not confuse Imam Mahdi with Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) Alayhis Salaam. They are two different persons, and both will come during the last days. According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime. Furthermore, only Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be able to kill Dajjal (the "anti-Christ").

The term "MAHDI" is a title meaning "The Guided one".

The Final Signs of Qiyaamah (end days):
--------------------------------------

1 THE CAVING IN OF THE GROUND
The ground will cave in: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia.

2 THE FORTY DAY SMOKE/FOG
Fog or smoke will cover the skies for forty days. The non-believers will fall unconscious, while Muslims will be ill (develop colds). The skies will then clear up.

3 THE NIGHT OF THREE NIGHTS
A night three nights long will follow the fog. It will occur in the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha, and cause much restlessness among the people.

4 THE RISING OF THE SUN IN THE WEST
After the night of three nights, the following morning the sun will rise in the west. People’s repentance will not be accepted after this incident.

5 THE BEAST FROM THE EARTH APPEARS
One day later, the Beast from the earth will miraculously emerge from Mount Safaa in Makkah, causing a split in the ground. The beast will be able to talk to people and mark the faces of people, making the believers’ faces glitter, and the non-believers’ faces darkened.

6 THE BREEZE FROM THE SOUTH
A breeze from the south causes sores in the armpits of Muslims, which they will die of as a result.

7 DESTRUCTION OF THE KA’ABA
The Ka’aba will be destroyed by non-Muslim African group. Kufr will be rampant. Haj will be discontinued. The Qur’an will be lifted from the heart of the people, 30 years after the ruler Muquad’s death.

8 FINAL SIGN OF QIYAAMAH: FIRE IN YEMEN
The fire will follow people to Syria, after which it will stop.

COMMENCEMENT OF QIYAAMAH
Some years after the fire, Qiyaamah begins with the Soor (trumpet) being blown. The year is not known to any person. Qiyaamah will come upon the worst of creation.

(excerpts from... "Signs of Qiyamah"
by Mohammed Ali Ibn Zubair Ali

and "MAJOR SIGNS OF QIYAMAT"
by Mufti Afzal Hoosen Elias)
20th April 2006 06:08 AM
lotsajizz the BBC is not a citation

20th April 2006 09:38 AM
Riffhard Jesus Christ! You guys are unbefuckinglieveable! Let's argue about every tiny little thing shall we?!?!? The goddmaned president of Iran has gone on record as saying that he want's Israel wiped off the map! He has stated that he wants to bring about the "end times",and to have "Islam inherit" the world,and you want to fucking knit-pick??!!

Just like a couple of liberals! WTF?!?!?! The BBC is not a "citation"?!?! Now you're just glossing over the point of the argument Jizzy! An argument that I have obviously won,by the way. You are trying to win points on an argument that I am not even inclined to engage in! "Hitler was insane!","No he wasn't!" Who fucking cares? That is not the point of this thread.

And as for you justforyou. You are full of it! Ahmadinejad is a full on freak show,and everyone on the planet acknowledges that fact,including that liberal whore the UN. You try and post some "cut and paste" article about the true nature of the "Twelfth Imam",and try and convince rational people that that's what Ahmadinejad really means!? What does your search engine have to say about his desire to wipe Israel off the map? What does your Google page say about his quotes about "Allah's will" with regards to Iran's nuclear desires? Why does Iran want nuclear power anyway?!

You guys are arguing like typical limp wristed liberals. That is to say that you are trying to win an argument that is irrelevant,and you ignore the basis of the issue at hand. Namely,Ahmadinejad is convinced that Allah is on his side. He is convinced that Allah will prevail over all infidels. He is convinced that it is his job to bring about the conditions that will guarantee Allah's ultimate victory.

Let's just hold hands and hope that he does not really mean what he has gone on fucking record as saying!

For fuck's sake guys! The guy is a radical Islamist! Can you ackowledge that fact?

Again I ask the very basic question. What is the world supposed to do about it?! Are we to sit by and let Iran get it's hands on the most dangerous weapon known to man in hopes that they will behave? If you answered yes to that last question then you are hoplessly lost in your stupid Bush bash politics! Get the fuck over it! This is not about partisan politics.

WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO IRAN'S DESIRE TO OBTTAIN NUCLEAR WEAPONS? WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT IRAN WOULD DO IF IT WERE TO GET IT'S HANDS ON NUCLEAR WEAPONS? Those are the only questions at hand here! Please answer them without the typical liberal "Bush sucks" mantra! Is it really that hard to comprehend?!

Riffy
20th April 2006 09:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels It's not only liberals that think Bush sucks.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
20th April 2006 09:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://home.twcny.rr.com/felicity/popweasel.jpg&imgrefurl=http://home.twcny.rr.com/felicity/george_bush_pictures.htm&h=235&w=200&sz=12&tbnid=uZ192jYlSQe4ZM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=88&hl=en&start=1&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbush%2Bsucks%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
20th April 2006 09:54 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
It's not only liberals that think Buch sucks.

Your point? Because that is not the point of this thread! Bush is great! Bush sucks! Who fucking cares?! I am asking a pretty goddamned simple question,and Bush does not figure into that very simple question at all! Only liberals try and duck and dodge the way some here are doing on this thread!

Let me make this clear. THE WORLD HAD BETTER NOT LET THIS FUCKING NUT GET HIS HANDS ON A NUCLEAR WEAPON! IF HE DOES WE ARE ALL IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE! There. Is that simple enough for you?!

Now what would you do? Please refrain from any stupid assed "Bush sucks" bullshit. Bush did not create this asshole regardless of what you may want to believe!

Riffy
20th April 2006 10:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Let me make this clear. THE WORLD HAD BETTER NOT LET THIS FUCKING NUT GET HIS HANDS ON A NUCLEAR WEAPON! IF HE DOES WE ARE ALL IN A WORLD OF TROUBLE! There. Is that simple enough for you?!

Now what would you do? Please refrain from any stupid assed "Bush sucks" bullshit. Bush did not create this asshole regardless of what you may want to believe!

I wouldn't do anything....for the time being. Much less stir up hornet's nests and try to scare the public. He may be ten years away from a nuclear weapon anyway.

20th April 2006 10:16 AM
justforyou That cut and paste thing pretty much describes the Islamist view of the 'end times' with regards to the undead 12th Iman. Seems very farfetched and unbelievable, do you really think Pres. Ahmadinejad believes in this ?

We know very little about him and most of the information is coming from fearmongering news people who also love sensation.

As much as I dislike his threats against Israel, I hate all threats and executions of violence and war...

What would Iran do with a-bombs ? Firstly we don't know if they are is building them. With oil prices as they are, who's to blame them from persuing reactor technology. Looking at his still suffering neighbours, Pres. Ahmadinejad has a strong insentive to beef up his defences. Since when has a Nuclear power been attacked ?

I hope that the US, with the most dangerous weapons known to mankind, behaves...make friends instead of enemies. Just call me a wuss and let aggression, fear and hate rule.
20th April 2006 10:17 AM
JesusChrist
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

AGGGGAARRRRAAAABLLAAAGGGHHHH!!!!

Riffy

Why dost thou hatest me so much, Riffy?
20th April 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
JesusChrist wrote:

Why dost thou hatest me so much, Riffy?

20th April 2006 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
NO Jews, no Peace.

[Edited by Joey]
20th April 2006 10:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The odds of getting hit by an Iranian nuke are about the same as getting hit by a big asteriod. Sure it's possibe, but highly unlikely.
20th April 2006 10:27 AM
Jumacfly the crack pipe has been sent to Iran guys..
20th April 2006 10:34 AM
jb As god is my witness,once we(Jews) feel Iran can strike us, the royal blue airfoce-
http://www.iaf.org.il/Templates/HomePage/HomePage.aspx?lang=EN
will take as many reactors out asis feasible..........we saved the world in 80, and shall do so again.
[Edited by jb]
20th April 2006 11:03 AM
GotToRollMe I have a headache.
20th April 2006 11:24 AM
rasputin56 Now, I'm not hip to all the armaments available to the little nutjob in Iran nor am I an expert on feasible delivery systems for delivering nuclear weapons but I haven't heard much about this capability of theirs. Also, does his belief of ushering in this imam dude also account for the total destruction and annihilation of Iran as we know it today? I'm pretty sure that would be the end result if he were to act on these threats. Then again, I could be wrong.
20th April 2006 11:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I have a headache.

here's the pipe!!
20th April 2006 12:30 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Now you're just glossing over the point of the argument Jizzy! An argument that I have obviously won,by the way. WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER TO IRAN'S DESIRE TO OBTTAIN NUCLEAR WEAPONS? WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT IRAN WOULD DO IF IT WERE TO GET IT'S HANDS ON NUCLEAR WEAPONS? Those are the only questions at hand here! Please answer them without the typical liberal "Bush sucks" mantra! Is it really that hard to comprehend?!

Riffy

Ah, Ruffy drags out his strawman--once again, like the un American, knee-jerk fascists he so admires.
Iran has or will have nukes. Soon. And they'll have more of 'em in decade or so barring a first strike nuclear bombardment that will earn us the Earth's eternal enmity. So dies India, so does Pakistan. So does Israel. All three of which are more likely to use them on others besides US! And some other countries will shortly have the Bomb. You aren't going to uninvent the Bomb. And you are not going to be able to monpolize it, no matter how hard you stomp your little feet. So we have a MADD standoff or a nuclear exchange until we learn to get along. And we get along by not intervening in stupid Asiatic tribal wars in that region and picking sides like have since 1948. Let them ALL stew in their own juices and concentrate on our own hemisphere...which is self-sufficient thank you very much.

20th April 2006 12:31 PM
glencar This thing still going on? Even Iran don't care no mo'!
20th April 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

here's the pipe!!

We'll need it on 420 Ju, just replace the crack in it for today only however.
21st April 2006 02:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Iran still years away from having nukes: US intelligence chief
Apr 20 5:02 PM US/Eastern

US intelligence chief John Negroponte said Iran's resumption of uranium enrichment is "troublesome" but the country is still years away from having enough fissile material to make a nuclear weapon.

Negroponte expressed concern both about Iran's claim to have resumed uranium enrichment with a cascade of 164 centrifuges in Natanz and extreme statements made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"The developments in Iran -- clearly they're troublesome," he said in response to questions after a speech to the National Press Club.

"By the same token, our assessment at the moment is that even though we believe that Iran is determined to acquire or obtain a nuclear weapon, that we believe that it is still a number of years off before they are likely to have enough fissile material to assemble into, or to put into a nuclear weapon; perhaps into the next decade," he said.

"So I think it's important that this issue be kept in perspective," he said.

Negroponte is marking his first year in office as the director of national intelligence, a post created in the wake of the intelligence fiasco over Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

Critics have complained that the new intelligence directorate, which is supposed to coordinate the work of some 15 US intelligence agencies, is developing into another bloated bureaucracy with nearly 1,000 people reportedly working for it.

Negroponte denied that the reforms he is pursuing have been "a theory-based experiment or an exercise in bureaucratic bloat."

"Government programs require government officials to implement them," he said, adding that the last three embassies he led as an ambassador were larger than his intelligence directorate.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
21st April 2006 06:30 PM
glencar So all of this was for nothing?
22nd April 2006 09:23 AM
rasputin56 Hey, so I was right again about something. Why can't people here admit when they are wrong instead of getting all pissy?

I love hangovers.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)