ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why we must act now(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
14th April 2006 04:45 PM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope, it's April 17th this year because of when the date falls.

g...you and TBS were quite quick to notice that, lol (and yes, I know the deadline has been extended).

I clearly posted it only for the humor in the hopes that some of the "Francis'" might "lighten up"

Ha!...WTF was I thinkin'!!!
14th April 2006 04:46 PM
Starbuck tele and riffy! i love you both but you are insane!

remind me never to vote for you if you run for public office!

see you later in chat! we can solve the world's problems after downing a pint of jim beam.
14th April 2006 04:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

So let's see, the solution to everthing is war? Keep in mind, you don't get a lot of credit for merely coming up with a "plan", no matter how moronic. Which pretty much covers all of the failed Republican policies, both domestic and international. It really helps to have one that works for both short and long term. No worries, though. Tele's leading the gung-ho charge for war on a RS messageboard. That takes a lot of balls/COURAGE/brains.

"What would YOU do with Iran?"

Put your contacts in and read my post

Deflecting, being critical, and offering nothing is why you
keep losing elections. I am trying to help you out here

Fuck, this is too easy

"What would YOU do with Iran?"

Be a man or woman. Just say "tele I have no position and I am too weak to have an opinion and I will just be a critic and I have no idea what to do but I will criticize because it makes me feel better about myself"

14th April 2006 04:49 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
parmeda wrote:

g...you and TBS were quite quick to notice that, lol (and yes, I know the deadline has been extended).

I clearly posted it only for the humor in the hopes that some of the "Francis'" might "lighten up"

Ha!...WTF was I thinkin'!!!

Glad to help

TBS, CPA

If any of you homos touch me...I'll kill you
14th April 2006 04:50 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
With all due respect Pdog, it's not SA that we have to be concerned with. I'm not too worried that Iran will get weapons all that fast. They might try to smite Israel but everyone knows that Israel already has a nuclear arsenal & Crazy Persian ain't going up against them any time soon. We have our hands full with Iraq & we need to get that straightened out before launching further foreign adventures.

So what's the plan? are we there to fight them there, or are we there to bring a peaceful democracy... Seems like we got fight first. So why didn't Rummy and others have the plan and troops neccesary to do it? Saudi Arabia has long been the source of funding and the ideology of terrorism, plain and simple.
After 911, Bush missed an oppurtunnity. He could've said were done with them. We're going towards energy independence. I'd pay high gas prices to severe those ties and make us stronger and self sufficient. Americans were willing to do anything. He could've done it, and still could. Until we do that we're fighting outside the ring. And we're throwing our money at these terrorist fuckwads.
14th April 2006 04:56 PM
rasputin56 Is it always like this here?

Tele, regardless of what I post I can assure you that your response will be some dimwitted Neville type thing, so why bother. Unless there are thousands or perhaps millions of people killed and maimed, I don't believe you would be happy or believe it's a viable solution. I know things are just black & white in your's and Dubya's world but there really is a lot of gray. But keep thumpin your chest, it's actually quite amusing. Carry on.
14th April 2006 05:00 PM
nankerphelge You guys are all very funny.

FPM looking at scripture

Raspewin' arguing that Iran is 10 years away from a nuke.

Barbara Boxer wants to make smores and have a sleep over.

WTF?

The whole world's on fire boys!
Wake up and piss!
14th April 2006 05:00 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Is it always like this here?

Sometimes it's downright hostile... LOL!
All good people here, and many who have great ideas, even when I disagree, I try to listen. The answers we have here, for the most part, are better than those of the recent US Presidents...
14th April 2006 05:01 PM
Riffhard Here's the deal. If this madman gets his hands on a nuke we are fucked. No amount of diplomacy is going to turn this fucker's head around. He does not reason the same way rational people do. That some here refuse to see this most basic obvious fact is bizzare to me. I am not suggesting the USA launch an attack on Iran on a stupid whim. I am mearly stating the obvious. If Iran gets a nuke weapon the entire planet is fucked. Period. You guys can contiue with this stupid condesending,"What would Jesus say?",horseshit,but this guy wants to bring about the end of the planet. He has said it again,and again,but you libs seem to think that it's just a hollow threat.

If somebody threatens to kill my kids I'm not going to question his motives or try and disucuss the issue with him. No. I'm gonna kill him first. Are any of you libs watching the court proceedings with Mousawie(sp?)? Listen to what he is saying. He says that it is Islam's want,desire,and will that Americans die every day by the thousands. He says he would love to see all Americans die. Iran is saying the same exact thing yet libs see Bush as the most dangerous man alive. To you guys he's the real terrorist.

Riffy
14th April 2006 05:04 PM
rasputin56 What the fuck did that have to do with Aaron Neville?
14th April 2006 05:09 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
What the fuck did that have to do with Aaron Neville?

While we're at it we should use some tactical thermo nukes on that huge fucking mole!

Riffy
14th April 2006 05:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Here's the deal. If this madman gets his hands on a nuke we are fucked. No amount of diplomacy is going to turn this fucker's head around. He does not reason the same way rational people do. That some here refuse to see this most basic obvious fact is bizzare to me. I am not suggesting the USA launch an attack on Iran on a stupid whim. I am mearly stating the obvious. If Iran gets a nuke weapon the entire planet is fucked. Period. You guys can contiue with this stupid condesending,"What would Jesus say?",horseshit,but this guy wants to bring about the end of the planet. He has said it again,and again,but you libs seem to think that it's just a hollow threat.

If somebody threatens to kill my kids I'm not going to question his motives or try and disucuss the issue with him. No. I'm gonna kill him first. Are any of you libs watching the court proceedings with Mousawie(sp?)? Listen to what he is saying. He says that it is Islam's want,desire,and will that Americans die every day by the thousands. He says he would love to see all Americans die. Iran is saying the same exact thing yet libs see Bush as the most dangerous man alive. To you guys he's the real terrorist.

Riffy

I agree riffy, I'm concerned about both sides and the religous and idealogical aspects. The Bible ends with the world going down in flames too. That's another issue... And not the belief of 99.9% of Americans or Iranians, for that matter.
I'm working very hard at finding a way to kill off the Iranian Mullahs, while preserving the the majority of the very intelligent and peaceful population.
My first step is putting Saudi Arabia in the equation. Telling them flat out, this is your neck of the woods, do something, or forget our name and lose our number. We must regionalize this or else it's just one country after another, and we can't do it like that. Shit, we don't come at them w/o other countries with diplomacy. Two big trump cards we have, tell them to shove thier oil and invest in our energy and our miltary options. Money and pussy, or in this case money and oil! Which is just black pussy!
14th April 2006 05:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

While we're at it we should use some tactical thermo nukes on that huge fucking mole!

I think he uses a blind tattoo artist.
14th April 2006 05:12 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Well at least you recognize a real threat. If that thing should blow, fuggedaboutit.
14th April 2006 05:20 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I agree riffy, I'm concerned about both sides and the religous and idealogical aspects. The Bible ends with the world going down in flames too. That's another issue... And not the belief of 99.9% of Americans or Iranians, for that matter.
I'm working very hard at finding a way to kill off the Iranian Mullahs, while preserving the the majority of the very intelligent and peaceful population.
My first step is putting Saudi Arabia in the equation. Telling them flat out, this is your neck of the woods, do something, or forget our name and lose our number. We must regionalize this or else it's just one country after another, and we can't do it like that. Shit, we don't come at them w/o other countries with diplomacy. Two big trump cards we have, tell them to shove thier oil and invest in our energy and our miltary options. Money and pussy, or in this case money and oil! Which is just black pussy!

I agree with you dog. SA must get in on the act. The whole fucking region is cancerous. That these so called "moderate" Muslims(where ever the hell they are?) allowed their "religion of peace" to be highjacked by these fucking nuts is insane. I am begining to think that maybe the muslim faith is not really about peace at all. I mean afterall their big prophet Mo was a murderous pedophile. I hope they prove me wrong,but judging by the last three plus decades of Islamic terror I ain't banking on it.

Riffy

Riffy
14th April 2006 05:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I agree with you dog. SA must get in on the act. The whole fucking region is cancerous. That these so called "moderate" Muslims(where ever the hell they are?) allowed their "religion of peace" to be highjacked by these fucking nuts is insane. I am begining to think that maybe the muslim faith is not really about peace at all. I mean afterall their big prophet Mo was a murderous pedophile. I hope they prove me wrong,but judging by the last three plus decades of Islamic terror I ain't banking on it.

Riffy

Like you, I try to be open minded about Islam. There are moderates, unfortunately they don't have free society's and keep silent. Saudi is the key, and they must be dealt with, hit em where it hurts, their wallets! I'd pay $5 a gallon for gas, if it meant we were severing ties with these extremists, they allow it to run rampant in their country, I say stop it now.
I think they might too, they have as much to lose if the region gets worse.
Imagine how fucked Saudi Arabia would be if we pulled out of Iraq?
Three countries could really make Iran think twice, Kuwait, Turkey and The Saudis... If we want to do some chest thumping. We could tell them, deal with The Mullahs, NOW! We'll put more trops in Iraq, secure peace, set up a democracy and prevent you from being pulled into a civil war there. Or, we're leaving real soon, you deal with the mess... And if any of our misilles miss Iran, by mistake, oops, our bad!
14th April 2006 05:33 PM
rasputin56 Of course Saudi Arabia needs to be dealt with. For chrissakes how many of the hijackers came from there? That doesn't matter much to the big guy, though. As long as Dubya is holding hands and having the boys over for sleepovers at the ranch, don't expect much.

14th April 2006 05:37 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Of course Saudi Arabia needs to be dealt with. For chrissakes how many of the hijackers came from there? That doesn't matter much to the big guy, though. As long as Dubya is holding hands and having the boys over for sleepovers at the ranch, don't expect much.

There's one hope in the administration, Condi. I know she understands this, I only hope she actually does something, otherwise she will just be another impotent player.
14th April 2006 05:51 PM
Starbuck the only hope in the dubya administration was....

...and look what happened to him!

14th April 2006 06:03 PM
JerryT Didn't Powell quit? I thought he quit.
14th April 2006 06:05 PM
glencar Pdog, I thought you were saying that we should attack Saudi. I agree that we should get them involved in this battle.
14th April 2006 07:31 PM
Starbuck in theory, powell quit.

in reality, he quit because he was a voice of moderation that was being drowned out by insane warhawks!

14th April 2006 07:54 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
in theory, powell quit.

in reality, he quit because he was a voice of moderation that was being drowned out by insane warhawks!

Powell lost any bit of credibility he may have had when he caved in and gave that pathetic presentation to the UN. He knew it was bullshit and he did it anyway.

Condi? Dear God, she once referred to Dubya as her husband. Next.
14th April 2006 08:44 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Powell lost any bit of credibility he may have had when he caved in and gave that pathetic presentation to the UN. He knew it was bullshit and he did it anyway.

Condi? Dear God, she once referred to Dubya as her husband. Next.

Condi is a lesbian... First black, female, lesbian president. She could call for a draft, higher taxes, and an end to the middle class, and she'll get my vote anyway!
14th April 2006 09:09 PM
rasputin56 I thought that kinda thing only counted if the lesbos in question were frickin' hot? Well, unless you have some bottles you needed opened, then I guess it'll do.
14th April 2006 09:12 PM
JerryT Starbuck. What would you do about Iran? Assuming they could develop nuclear weapons in the quickest scenario imaginable and given what their leader has said his intentions are regarding Israel?

Me? I'd bomb them unmercifully. And I'm no hawk by any means. Wrong is wrong and just because I don't like this president doesn't mean I'm going to argue it shouldn't be done. Although I think the rest of the world should help this time.

This was in the Washinton Post in December, 2005:

The president of a country about to go nuclear is a confirmed believer in the coming apocalypse. Like Judaism and Christianity, Shiite Islam has its own version of the messianic return -- the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam. The more devout believers in Iran pray at the Jamkaran mosque, which houses a well from which, some believe, he will emerge.

When Ahmadinejad unexpectedly won the presidential elections, he immediately gave $17 million of government funds to the shrine. Last month Ahmadinejad said publicly that the main mission of the Islamic Revolution is to pave the way for the reappearance of the Twelfth Imam.

And as in some versions of fundamentalist Christianity, the second coming will be accompanied by the usual trials and tribulations, death and destruction. Iranian journalist Hossein Bastani reported Ahmadinejad saying in official meetings that the hidden imam will reappear in two years.

So a Holocaust-denying, virulently anti-Semitic, aspiring genocidist, on the verge of acquiring weapons of the apocalypse, believes that the end is not only near but nearer than the next American presidential election. (Pity the Democrats. They cannot catch a break.) This kind of man would have, to put it gently, less inhibition about starting Armageddon than a normal person. Indeed, with millennial bliss pending, he would have positive incentive to, as they say in Jewish eschatology, hasten the end.

To be sure, there are such madmen among the other monotheisms. The Temple Mount Faithful in Israel would like the al-Aqsa mosque on Jerusalem's Temple Mount destroyed to make way for the third Jewish Temple and the messianic era. The difference with Iran, however, is that there are all of about 50 of these nuts in Israel, and none of them is president.

The closest we've come to a messianically inclined leader in America was a secretary of the interior who 24 years ago, when asked about his stewardship of the environment, told Congress: "I do not know how many future generations we can count on before the Lord returns; whatever it is we have to manage with a skill to leave the resources needed for future generations." But James Watt's domain was the forest, and his weapon of choice was the chainsaw. He was not in charge of nuclear weapons to be placed on missiles that are paraded through the streets with, literally, Israel's name on them. (They are adorned with banners reading "Israel must be wiped off the map.") It gets worse. After his U.N. speech in September, Ahmadinejad was caught on videotape telling a cleric that during the speech an aura, a halo, appeared around his head right on the podium of the General Assembly. "I felt the atmosphere suddenly change. And for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. . . . It seemed as if a hand was holding them there, and it opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic Republic."

Negotiations to deny this certifiable lunatic genocidal weapons have been going nowhere. Everyone knows they will go nowhere. And no one will do anything about it.

[Edited by JerryT]
14th April 2006 09:25 PM
telecaster Oh my....

This will be good

Good luck getting a firm position out of any lib here....
14th April 2006 09:31 PM
Riffhard Well there you go. That says it all. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned. Why do some liberals still not get this?! I mean can somebody please explain to me why that little dwarf Babs Boxer thinks we should use "backdoor diplomacy" with this guy? He's fucking insane! Radical Islam can not,and never will,negotiate. People that willingly strap bombs to their bodies and self detonate could care less about what the Dems are going to do different than Bush. This guy is as radical as it gets. The whole world would be held hostage should he ever get his hands on a nuke.

Riffy
14th April 2006 09:38 PM
Riffhard Oh,and one more thing. Did you catch the writers little aside,"Pity the Democrats. They can't catch a break." Why do you suppose he included those two little lines?

Good answer! Because he knows that the nation does not trust national security in the hands of the party of cut and runners. Pity the Democrats indeed!

Riffy
14th April 2006 09:42 PM
JerryT I agree. This isn't like Iraq. We do not need WMDs or proof thereof. The man has the capability to create nuclear weapons. No one knows how fast, because he booted the IAEA out and runs a totalitarian government. Someone has to explain to me why there is anything to debate here. Someone has to explain to me why there should be any more negotiations. I say "any more" because the world HAS BEEN been negotiating for at lest 2 years. He rebuffed everything that was offered. I find it ridiculous that people would make this issue about Bush. Someone who thinks they can negotiate peace please tell me how they're going to do it.

I don't know about Aaron Neville, but we should have learned a lesson from that other Neville. I think Bush is as big an idiot as there is, but, why is so much energy being spent trying to dream up reasons why military action should not be taken in this case? Is there some indication of reason Iran has shown that I missed?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)