ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why we must act now(nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
14th April 2006 03:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
We interrupt this broadcast to bring you an important message:

April 15th - Pay your taxes. 12 Million Illegal Aliens Are Depending On You!

...carry on, gentlemen

God I love this woman
14th April 2006 03:24 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Complete bullshit. You have absolutly no way of proving any of what you have just posted here. At the very least it's fair to say that there are conflicting reports as to how long it would take for them to get a bomb. Some say ten years,others say six months. It depends on how many centrifuges they have. If they have a slew of them buried deep(which most experst feel they do)then they could enrich urainium at a very quick pace. Then you've got this moron spouting off on an hourly basis about how he's going to wipe Israel off the map. Yet you want to wait. This is why your party cannot be trusted with national defense. Ever. It's true!

I guess your right though. We should prolly give this guy more time to develop a bomb before we act. That sounds just like a liberal. We can also thank "the greatest president since FDR" for giving Iran about a 15 year jump on their nuke technology! Thanks for that Bubba!

Fuck this guy! Time to open a massive can of whoop ass on him. By the sounds of it most of the world agrees with that idea. So a coalition will definatly be a part of that stratagey. The sooner the better.

Riffy

Absolutely right. The 10 years thing is only based on the latest NIE evaluation of Iran's capabilities which presumably is the leading expert and capable of giving the best estimate on the subject. Who are these "most experts believe"? My guess is that if they had all these buried in the sand (or maybe they're in Syria w/ Saddam's WMD?) they already would have the bomb and Israel and the rest of the Middle East would only be a thing of the past. If anyone's going to jump on the neocon Rademaker bandwagon, that's kinda sad. Then again our intelligence in Iran may have been better if W. and The Dick didn't out a CIA agent who was working on Iran and nukes.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

When someone says "Boo" do all Republicans jump at once or is it a staggered thing?
[Edited by rasputin56]
14th April 2006 03:24 PM
sirmoonie How come no one cares that Germany has probably developed nuclear weapons? They certainly have the capability - they are a very cunning and intelligent people. It was within our parents' lifetimes that the people of that nation wanted to destroy the entire planet, much less every future Israelite. Remember, they tried to develop and use them once, why not again?

You would think the liberal media would be going nuts on that story.
14th April 2006 03:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Every president has catered to Israel. Every U.S. administration says what Israel wants to hear, they probably all mean it too. Its at least half the reason we are perpetually wasting billions of dollars per year in the Middle East. Ostensibly its because they are the "only" democracy in the Middle East, the real reason is because the U.S. government is friggin' loaded with Zionists who place Israel above America.

??? God, I hate statements that almost make it so you have to defend Democrats, just to show how incompetent George Walker Bush III is.

The Democrats have nothing to do with this. This isn't a Democrat problem in the slightest. As you yourself keep pointing out, they are barely even involved in the U.S. government anymore.

George Walker Bush III's government has been in power for over six years now, with a Congress that, until recently, rubber stamped everything billion dollar blunder/waste that the knothead wanted to make. George Walker Bush III has done little or nothing but watch Iran make announcement after announcememt regarding their nuclear program, (ditto North Korea, but we appear to have punted on that one). Condi Rice: "This has got to stop." WTF? Was she surprised by the uranium enrichment? Maybe is she had jumped up and down in the air, Iran would have got the message. This policy, if it can be called that, of sitting around until its too late, doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, I think that policy will continue. We'll never go to war with Iran (and if we did, it would be a lot longer than the 20 minutes you've allotted). Too much money, too much oil, too many economic concerns, too many political races that need to be won, too much American business tied up in Iran, but mostly, we wasted way too much time sitting around with George Walker Bush III's thumb up his ass. A couple of years from now, we'll see some deal reached where Iran can enrich all the uranium they want on a "peaceful" basis - Bush supporters will claim victory, Democrats will say we caved, and the problem will be delayed until further adjudication by some future president. (That is just a pediction - if we declare war on Iran in the next year, I will say I was wrong.)

P.S. I agree Riffy. Jesus Christ/God would have plastered them psycho-Iranians with a big ass flood or plague or something of that order. He was good that way.

So you post a memo saying something to effect "Bin Laden Determined To Attack USA" as fact that Bush was negligent on 9/11 but at the same time you dismiss repeated
public statements by the leader of Iran that he wants to
"wipe Israel off the face of the map" as soon as they put together a nuke?

Tell me in your brain, howe that works Neville
14th April 2006 03:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

REALLY? Ok, if you say so. I'm not really up on all this religion stuff. I thought he was sort of anti-smiting.

So what page is that on? NEW Testament only, please.

Well I'll tell ya what Flea I won't give a quote from Jesus,but how does this one work for you,"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

How does that work for ya? What do you think he meant by the phrase "one storm"?This quote coming one day after he publically thanked Allah for giving Iran nuke technology? Psst,Allah didn't have shit to do with it by the way. That would Bubba!

Think we should sit back and wait until idiots like Boxer tries to reach a level of understanding with this goat fucking madman! Perhaps she,and her liberal friends,can achieve peace in our time! Whadaya think about that prospect Neville?

Riffy
14th April 2006 03:34 PM
rasputin56 Today's word of the day:

Neville

Maybe some the Republicans here could lend him quarter to go have a rat knaw that thing off.
14th April 2006 03:36 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Today's word of the day:

Neville

Maybe some the Republicans here could lend him quarter to go have a rat knaw that thing off.

LOL! On this we agree! Why the hell would he not have that fucker lanced years ago? I mean does he thinks it's like a beauty mark or something? Because it's not. Not a beauty mark. Not at all. No beauty.

Riffy
14th April 2006 03:40 PM
FPM C10 Hey, I'm just taking the opportunity of this holiest of Christian holidays to ask a legitimate question - since the GOP rode Jesus' coattails into office, you'd think that some of you devout neocons would take a break from masturbating over pictures of warplanes and ask yourselves that question. Let's pore over the teachings of Jesus, the guy who George Bush talks to, the one that this whole country is seemingly founded on, and see what you can come up with.

You seem to be saying that whatever the president of Iran says negates everything Jesus taught. I'm sure that can't be right, so I was just asking for clarification. From any of you guys. Anyone.

Happy Easter, by the way! You going to church on Sunday?

14th April 2006 03:40 PM
telecaster Riffy you on the air now?
14th April 2006 03:42 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...carry on, gentlemen

Funny! FYI, we have until the 17th this year because of the holiday.

Your resident CPA,
TBS
14th April 2006 03:43 PM
FPM C10 Speaking of Aaron Neville, did you know that he had a knife tattooed on his face to draw attention away from the big ugly thing on his forehead?

That was good thinking. I would've suggested a happy tree or a puffy cloud, but whatever.

[Edited by FPM C10]
14th April 2006 03:47 PM
Altamont
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

[Edited by rasputin56]

Rasputin56, The proper quote is

"Fool me once......... shame on....... shame on you....... Fool me, we can't get fooled again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7fo98SzCGo

14th April 2006 03:49 PM
telecaster Seriously......

Are U2 and MACCA still on tour or have The Stones taken over the world?

14th April 2006 03:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

So you post a memo saying something to effect "Bin Laden Determined To Attack USA" as fact that Bush was negligent on 9/11 but at the same time you dismiss repeated
public statements by the leader of Iran that he wants to
"wipe Israel off the face of the map" as soon as they put together a nuke?

Tell me in your brain, howe that works Neville

I seriously cannot even to begin to comprehend what you are asking me. There is some premise in your question, but I can't tell where you got it, nor really what that is either. All I can tell is that you are accusing me of taking inconsistent positions and, somewhat hilariously, of being a Chamberlain-type pacifist. Anyway, can you more clearly point out the inconsistent position you think I am taking, so I can tell you whether I agree?

If it helps, I have no doubt that Iran has a strong desire to destroy Israel - Ahmadinejad is even more insane than the majority of Islamics are - and it is developing nuclear weapons with that partially in mind. I'm not sure if that was what you were getting at.
14th April 2006 03:54 PM
telecaster
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Rasputin56, The proper quote is

"Fool me once......... shame on....... shame on you....... Fool me, we can't get fooled again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7fo98SzCGo

Fuck is that funny!

The video edit's and canned laughter really make it!

For sure, this edited video will rocket libs into the White House and Congress and Senate

In about 2048
14th April 2006 03:56 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I seriously cannot even to begin to comprehend what you are asking me. There is some premise in your question, but I can't tell where you got it, nor really what that is either. All I can tell is that you are accusing me of taking inconsistent positions and, somewhat hilariously, of being a Chamberlain-type pacifist. Anyway, can you more clearly point out the inconsistent position you think I am taking, so I can tell you whether I agree?

If it helps, I have no doubt that Iran has a strong desire to destroy Israel - Ahmadinejad is even more insane than the majority of Islamics are - and it is developing nuclear weapons with that partially in mind. I'm not sure if that was what you were getting at.

Selective outrage, after the fact

14th April 2006 03:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Fuck is that funny!

The video edit's and canned laughter really make it!

For sure, this edited video will rocket libs into the White House and Congress and Senate

In about 2048

I think its intended to be sad. Sad that the Republican party decided to pimp a man of such marginal intelligence that he can barely converse in his native tongue, over all the quality Republican conservatives (actual ones) it could have gone with.

Thats how I view that video mostly. Although sometimes its laughable. He is such a fucking half-wit, isn't he? Unreal.
14th April 2006 03:59 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Cool

So what do you suggest should be done?

14th April 2006 04:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Selective outrage, after the fact

I still don't get it. I didn't get it the last time you accused me of "selective outrage," and I don't get it this time.

The "after the fact" addition makes it even more unclear.

I truly have no idea what you are talking about in either case. If there is anything you can do to clear this up, please do.
14th April 2006 04:05 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I still don't get it. I didn't get it the last time you accused me of "selective outrage," and I don't get it this time.

The "after the fact" addition makes it even more unclear.

I truly have no idea what you are talking about in either case. If there is anything you can do to clear this up, please do.

Sure, glad to help

You love to criticize and comment on people/events after they have happened

Anyone can do that. Easy

What does Sirmoonie propose and suggest should be done, if anything with Iran and their threat the "wipe Israel off the face of the map"

Let me know if you need more clafification

14th April 2006 04:07 PM
rasputin56 Phew, I thought it was just me.
14th April 2006 04:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Phew, I thought it was just me.

You are not alone Raspy, there are many, many people like you and Moonie who will not offer a position or take a stand on an issue

Feel free to offer a position or take a stand anytime

What would YOU do with Iran?

14th April 2006 04:15 PM
rasputin56 I've always enjoyed missionary but girl on top isn't too bad either.
14th April 2006 04:22 PM
pdog I've been on record for years stating, the root of all islamic terror lies in Saudi. The USA, has never done anything about it. All the problems from Palestinians to Iranian nukes are sourced from this evil. Americans are ignorant about the truth. Destroy Saudi Arabia and the rest of the region will fall into place, until then we're doing nothing but insighting, not diminsishing the threats.
The Iraq situation is a prime example. The reasons to go in changed a million times... Remember 911 the battle cry. Truth is, whatever the reason or fear based solution, we are in there w/o a plan to follow the reason. We fight them there, not here. There was nop lan, and still isn't a plan laid out, as to how we were going to use Iraq to bait terrorists. Even if we got one, is that an intelligent plan? Would it work? Rumsfeld is a piece of shit, who put our greatest young people in harms way, w/o a plan. The twisted logic, to bring democracy to a region that we invded to fight a war on terorism in, can both happen at the same time? No! And there's no plan, and our kids die, and ironically we're no safer, b/c Saudi Arabia thrives!
Now when we attack Iran, no one can scare me enough about nukes, to convince me, that w/o a clear, fluid plan, can we have success.
Smacking a harnets nest with a stick, while naked, is not pest control, it's stupid!
I want someone with a plan, not some fake tough guy, like Rummy, who cares more about defense contracts than the lives of our soldiers. How stupid is America, to allow these fuckers to hook up companies with no-bid contracts in Iraq, while at the same time, attracting terrorists, so we can fight them there? Sorry, my neo-con friends, this logic escapes me. We didn't need Halliburton et al there, we needed 100, 00 more kids with M16's and tanks. We pissed that money away, oh but wait, Defense contracts and cheneys friends did okay. That's is showing the Islamic fuckwads that they don't get away with killing civilians in NYC!
14th April 2006 04:24 PM
FPM C10 Why do you hate America?

The Saudis are our FRIENDS!

Maybe even MORE than friends, if you know what I mean!
[Edited by FPM C10]
14th April 2006 04:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
I've always enjoyed missionary but girl on top isn't too bad either.

Thanks for playing

We have a small gift bag for you as a losers prize

I didn't think you had the balls/COURAGE/brains to take a position on any issue

As you exit if you will, please tell us why libs/critics will never take a firm stand on any issue

Odd you all never offer anything, just criticisim

Waz up with dat?

TIA

14th April 2006 04:25 PM
rasputin56 Smacking a harnets nest with a stick, while naked, is not pest control, it's stupid!

Just thought that one should stand out there on it's own.
14th April 2006 04:27 PM
glencar
quote:
parmeda wrote:

...carry on, gentlemen

Nope, it's April 17th this year because of when the date falls.
14th April 2006 04:32 PM
glencar With all due respect Pdog, it's not SA that we have to be concerned with. I'm not too worried that Iran will get weapons all that fast. They might try to smite Israel but everyone knows that Israel already has a nuclear arsenal & Crazy Persian ain't going up against them any time soon. We have our hands full with Iraq & we need to get that straightened out before launching further foreign adventures.
14th April 2006 04:36 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Thanks for playing

We have a small gift bag for you as a losers prize

I didn't think you had the balls/COURAGE/brains to take a position on any issue

As you exit if you will, please tell us why libs/critics will never take a firm stand on any issue

Odd you all never offer anything, just criticisim

Waz up with dat?

TIA

So let's see, the solution to everthing is war? Keep in mind, you don't get a lot of credit for merely coming up with a "plan", no matter how moronic. Which pretty much covers all of the failed Republican policies, both domestic and international. It really helps to have one that works for both short and long term. No worries, though. Tele's leading the gung-ho charge for war on a RS messageboard. That takes a lot of balls/COURAGE/brains.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)