ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thank You President Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 14th, 2004 04:35 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Mikey wrote:

I am not a kerry fan, but I think Bush's actions have inflamed the militant Muslims and renewed their hatred with America and have put us in a more perilous situation that we will unfortunately deal with in the future. I hope I am wrong.

The statement you have made here is a total lack of understanding of militant fundamentalist muslims. Anyone with sound logic knows that want us dead at any cost. The position that you would have us take would not be unlike Kerry's. At this point we have to kill them and render them docile (it certainly worked with the Japenese, and ultimatley saved lives).....They want us DEAD and if they could push a friggin button to do so, they would without a second thought....
April 14th, 2004 04:45 PM
Some Guy I miss that ole' Soviet threat.
April 14th, 2004 04:46 PM
glencar The old Soviets are now threatened by Muslims too. Like weeds!
April 14th, 2004 04:48 PM
Zeeta Bush in reality is an embarrasment to the US. His speach today...so bad.
April 14th, 2004 04:49 PM
Mikey quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
The statement you have made here is a total lack of understanding of militant fundamentalist muslims. Anyone with sound logic knows that want us dead at any cost. The position that you would have us take would not be unlike Kerry's. At this point we have to kill them and render them docile (it certainly worked with the Japenese, and ultimatley saved lives).....They want us DEAD and if they could push a friggin button to do so, they would without a second thought....
------------------------------------------------------------

The quote of mine to which you refer offers only an opinion, not a solution or has anything to do with Kerry (I don't even know what Kerry's solution is, although I see to remember that he did say that he would leave the troops there and continue the mission- isn't that what you want?)

I am not saying that we should refrain from battle and try and appease them or understand them (God forbid), all I originally commented on was BushCo's lack of a clear agenda in regards to Iraq and how they have manipulated events to accomplish an agenda that was in place prior to 9/11. Like I said to Glennie, just commenting on the facts, not trying to set policy.
April 14th, 2004 04:52 PM
glencar Kerry has actually issued a plethora of staements about what he'd do & they all add up to: He'd call in the UN. The same looooooozers who couldn't agree that Saddam should be held to his prior word. Fuck Kerry.
April 14th, 2004 06:18 PM
BILL PERKS JEWS FOR BUSH..THERE'S A SWITCH!
GLENCAR YOU ARE SIMPLY A FOOL,GO GET YOURSELF SOME EDUCATION.YOU OBVIOUSLY SPEND TOO MUCH TIME HERE...ANYONE WHO COULD WATCH THAT TRAIN WRECK LAST NIGHT AND BE PROUD THAT HE IS OUR PRESIDENT IS A BLIND MORON.
April 14th, 2004 06:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Bush in reality is an embarrasment to the US.

Embarassment? That's putting it mildly. LOL. His command of the English language is atrocious.
April 14th, 2004 06:46 PM
Snappy McJack Welcome To Obscene Smileys
What To Type (Copy & Paste) Graphic That Will Show

April 14th, 2004 07:08 PM
Some Guy Ass to ass?
WTF???
Long blank friggin stare.
April 14th, 2004 07:13 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Ass to ass?
WTF???

Haven't you seen "Requiem for a dream"?

April 14th, 2004 07:36 PM
Promo I saw "Requiem for a dream" That was the reference I thought of when I saw the icon. LOL. I cant believe you referenced that. LMAO
............That guy's arm was nasty.

Did'nt Mick Jagger just induct ultra-liberal Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone Magazine, into the R&R Hall Of Fame?? Last month??

Did'nt the Stones play an ultra-liberal free-show in L.A. a year ago for greenhouse relief (NRDC) And posed for pics at the show with Bill Clinton??

The Rolling Stones are Liberals. Dont you Conservatives know that??
April 14th, 2004 08:02 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Promo wrote:
Did'nt the Stones play an ultra-liberal free-show in L.A. a year ago for greenhouse relief (NRDC) And posed for pics at the show with Bill Clinton??

The Rolling Stones are Liberals. Dont you Conservatives know that??

I highly doubt that they did that for free. Just because SOME people got FREE tickets didn't mean jack.

You think that all of the sudden they said "Hey, we gotta do this benefit concert..we just have to"? Yeah right. "Free" my ass.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
April 14th, 2004 08:02 PM
glencar Mick backed the Tories back in the 80's. Not as liberal as you thought.
April 14th, 2004 08:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Haven't you seen "Requiem for a dream"?

no.
April 14th, 2004 08:11 PM
glencar Overwrought drug addiction flick.
April 14th, 2004 08:46 PM
Promo It's too bad the Tories arent running here.

I just cant see Keith smoking Ganja in Jamaica with any Republicans.

And they would'nt have posed for pics with Clinton, or been best buddies with Jann Wenner if they were conservatives. You sound like a Republican.

Go watch a Tom Selleck movie!!
April 14th, 2004 09:15 PM
fmk438j Even those of you who love Bush must admit his public speaking is atrocious.

They're so bad I'm surpised we don't hear giggles from the press gallery. Especially when he puts on the big serious tone all the while tying himself in knots.

"Thank the Lord you don't live over an oil field, Ronnie".

April 14th, 2004 09:50 PM
Taptrick My next door neighbor is an Iranian. His parent's home was hit by an Iraqi missle in the Iran-Iraq war. A coworker at The Brig I work at is an Iraqi who had to leave his country to pursue, well...simply to pursue life. The Doc I worked with at my last assignment was an Iranian until the fall of Pahlavi - she had to flee not just to practice her profession but simply to stay alive. I had several Iranian friends who were in the US for school in the late 70s and had to apply for asylum so they could stay alive - to return home meant certain death because their families had achieved degrees of personal success (for one of these families that meant they owned a restaurant). Its intersting to consider their opinions relative to those expressed in this thread.
[Edited by Taptrick]
April 14th, 2004 10:38 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JEWS FOR BUSH..THERE'S A SWITCH!
GLENCAR YOU ARE SIMPLY A FOOL,GO GET YOURSELF SOME EDUCATION.YOU OBVIOUSLY SPEND TOO MUCH TIME HERE...ANYONE WHO COULD WATCH THAT TRAIN WRECK LAST NIGHT AND BE PROUD THAT HE IS OUR PRESIDENT IS A BLIND MORON.

April 14th, 2004 11:21 PM
Promo Regarding last night.

Yesterday Bush compared the present situation in Iraq to our own revolution in this country.
Let's evaluate that comparison. We're trying to put in place a govt that we like in Iraq. A friendly govt the USA can deal with.
That would've been like the British in the 1770's telling us they'd like to put together a govt in our country that they like. What would we have said to them??

Just some food for thought.

April 15th, 2004 01:18 AM
Sir Stonesalot Y'know, I think some of you are forgetting that the US is still part of the world community...and part of a global economy.

Do you really think it is wise to pursue foriegn policy at the point of the bayonet? Lead through fear and intimidation? Is that what American brand Freedom is all about?

Regardless of what happens in Iraq....we STILL have to co-exist with the rest of the world. We can't just blow up everyone that dislikes us. Because if that was the case, after we are done...THERE WON'T BE ANYONE LEFT!!! At our present rate of alienation...by the 2008 election, every nation on the face of the planet will hate our guts!

I mean, look at the nations that supported us in Iraq.

Spain...Ousted it's US supportive gov't for leadership that is certainly NOT Pro-American.

Poland...Is preparing to pull it's troops, and it's support of US policy, because of Bush Administrations deceptions on reasons for invading.

I seem to recall the Aussie PM being laughed at, ridiculed, heckeled, and booed before their Parliment. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Italy...pulled it's manpower after getting a bunch of their paramilitary police blown to smithereens.

Great Britain...the site of some of the largest protests in Europe...and there were a lot of protests in Europe. Tony Blair is fighting to keep his job.

How long do you think our foriegn allies are going to keep supporting our presence in Iraq? How long will they even stay on good terms with us?

Don't fool yourselves....we need the rest of the world...more than they need us.

April 15th, 2004 01:20 AM
Jumacfly some of you should have been military experts...if you think it will be easy to invade Liban and compagny , so go and see: you ll just have to bring back more corned beef back home than today.
Sad but true...

ps: Bill Perks your posts are great i love reading them!!

cheers

JU
April 15th, 2004 01:24 AM
Promo You're right Sir Stonesalot. Wonder why Bush doesnt care about most of the world?
I have to assume this is all part of the Bush "I'm working for Big-Oil" greedy power-play.

Thousands of Big-Oil Millionaires and Billionaires are counting on their boy Bush.
April 15th, 2004 01:40 AM
marko sex is anwers to everything,but
Mr.Bush is the biggest wanker in History of America.
April 15th, 2004 01:48 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Regardless of what happens in Iraq....we STILL have to co-exist with the rest of the world. We can't just blow up everyone that dislikes us. Because if that was the case, after we are done...THERE WON'T BE ANYONE LEFT!!! At our present rate of alienation...by the 2008 election, every nation on the face of the planet will hate our guts!

good point SS - and reminds me of this song written some 32 years ago...which is still as pertinent now as it was then

Political Science

Randy Newman

No one likes us-I don't know why
We may not be perfect, but heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the big one and see what happens

We give them money-but are they grateful?
No, they're spiteful and they're hateful
They don't respect us-so let's surprise them
We'll drop the big one and pulverize them

Asia's too crowded and Europe's too old
Africa is far too hot
And Canada's too cold
And South America stole our name
Let's drop the big one
There'll be no one left to blame us

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

So Boom goes London and boom Paree
More room for you and more room for me
And every city the whole world round
Will just be another American town
Oh, how peaceful it will be
We'll set everybody free
You'll wear a Japanese kimono
And there'll be Italian shoes for me

They all hate us anyhow
So let's drop the big one now
Let's drop the big one now

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
April 15th, 2004 02:05 AM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
Ass to ass?
WTF???
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's what I thought when I first saw that!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

*** Martha ***

April 15th, 2004 02:11 AM
fmk438j MarthMyDear, I thought the emiticon in your sig. was a sperm saying hi to an egg.

[Edited by fmk438j]
April 15th, 2004 02:19 AM
MarthaMyDear You've been reading too many of Joey and Joshy's posts lately!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! JEZE!!! LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess when Spring starts, the hormones flow freely!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! lol... :P lol.. Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
April 15th, 2004 02:48 AM
UGot2Rollme hey, look what Wolf Puss is up to now... maybe he isn't so bad afterall (LOL)
-----------------
Bon Jovi Joins Kerry Campaign

Jon Bon Jovi is temporarily ditching his rock group to go on the road with presidential hopeful John Kerry.

The "Living on a Prayer" rocker will offer his support to George W. Bush's rival by performing live at his upcoming college campaign stops.

The first date on the Change Starts With U: Kerry Campus Tour 2004 kicks off this Friday at the University of Pittsburgh.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004
------------------
Page: 1 2 3 4 5