ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thank You President Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 14th, 2004 11:57 AM
jb As a life long democrat who favors abortion rights, affirmative action, gay marriages, stem cell research, universal healthcare, welfare to the needy, and pretty much the rest of the liberal agenda, it is hard for me to say this, but after listening to W. last night, I am more convinced than ever that he is the right man , at the right time, to lead the world against those who seek our destrucution.
The president understands the fundamental threat that Arab/Muslim terrorists pose to our world and that no matter what the cost, we must defeat them in order to survive. I was impressed with his sincerity, honesty, and most of all determination to protect the world from maniacal leaders/groups like Saddam and Al Queda and their kind.

Sadly, my party (democratic) seems more interested in playing politics and scoring political points instead of supporting the president on the war on terror. We are at a time in history when either we, freedom loving people, must prevail over the dark forces of Arab/Muslim terror or we may very well face extinction. I for one, would rahter have Bush, with all his faults lead us against these tyrannical forces rather than those who simply do not have the will or fail to recognize the danger we as a nation face.

God bless you president Bush!!!

April 14th, 2004 12:00 PM
Joey " God bless you president Bush!!! "

UNFRIGGIN BELIEVABLE " God bless you president Bush!!! "

Joey !

April 14th, 2004 12:17 PM
egon that post should be in the F U thread
April 14th, 2004 12:23 PM
telecaster jb rocks!

I would like to nuzzle you with joey's breasts

April 14th, 2004 12:31 PM
GimmeExile When did jb become Churchill?
April 14th, 2004 12:33 PM
telecaster "When did jb become Churchill?"

jb is like Churchill. They both recognize gathering threats and know what to do about them

Both are ahead of their time
April 14th, 2004 12:42 PM
Mikey well what are the Democrats supposed to do in an election year, endorse the guy that they are supposedly trying to boot out of office? It would be political suicide for Kerry's camp to come out and say, "You got to hand it to this guy(Bush), he's really doing a great job in Iraq."?!

I still don't understand why you think so highly of W's efforts? I not pro-democrat or anti-republican, but the way I see it, when the president challenged Iraqi militants last summer with the now-famous taunt "bring 'em on," he betrayed a fundamental lack of understanding of the horror of war in general and the incredible complexity of the situation in Iraq.

Further, instead of behaving as though he is responsible, as commander in chief, for the life of every man and woman who is sent into combat, Mr. Bush has behaved on more than one occasion as though he's at the controls of a video game. IMO, he does not appear to be taking this great tragedy as seriously as he should.

Last week was one of the most lethal times of this so called war and Bush is at his ranch on vacation. Uh, Mr. President, there's a war going on. You may want to go back to Washington?

Finally, I find it ironic that the Bush camp's excuses for why we did or didn't act on obvious intelligence warnings of Al Queda activity (it was historical, we didn't have names or addresses, we had systemic and structual impediemnets that prevented the CIA and FBI from sharing, it was inconclusive evidence) did not bother the Bush team when they had inconclusive intelligence on Iraq when it wanted to be "actionable" or engage in "tit for tat with Sadaam.

Anyway, this is not meant to flame any Republicans or side with Democrats, so please don't waste your time with personal attacks. I'm just making personal assesments of the facts at hand.

April 14th, 2004 01:04 PM
glencar Mikey, during the height of Viet Nam, LBJ would sit over maps of the places at 3AM swilling booze & trying to plan war strategies. I'm not happy with how Iraq has gone lately but it should be left to the pros on a day-to-day basis. I'm glad Joshy has seen the light. FLA is supporting the Prez by a wide margin so far this year.
April 14th, 2004 01:16 PM
Mikey Glennie,

I agree 100%. However, the President sets policy and agenda and for that I take issue with Bush. I think our military and administrators have done an unbelievable job. I support and pray for them.

I am not a kerry fan, but I think Bush's actions have inflamed the militant Muslims and renewed their hatred with America and have put us in a more perilous situation that we will unfortunately deal with in the future. I hope I am wrong.
April 14th, 2004 01:21 PM
Jumacfly instead of making war, Bushie should help farmers to improve agriculture and make a better world...

April 14th, 2004 01:29 PM
glencar Renewed their hatred of America? It never stopped! Those people hate us & what I like about President Bush is that he takes the war back to them. If the rest of the world doesn't agree, tough shit.
April 14th, 2004 01:43 PM
Pattie
I think the rest of the world is against Bush
April 14th, 2004 01:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot No you are not wrong Mikey. In fact, I just realized....Mr Bush is inflaming the Muslims on purpose.

Why? I got 2 words for ya....job security. Bush knows that his job depends on concentrating the public on his flag waving war on terror. If the war were to end too soon, and Mr Bush had to face tough questions about a struggling economy...he could very well lose his job.

But if he can strike his pose and keep fighting the good fight...he stands a pretty good chance of keeping his job. I mean, who can argue against fighting terror....even if we have provoked that terror? So the solution is keep fighting the good fight. Inflame muslim hatred, provoke attacks, keep the war going...at least for another 6 months.

Revenge and job security. Great reasons to get our servicemen and women killed. Great reasons to kill innocent Iraqis...along with the guilty ones. I think I'm gonna be sick.

I did not think it possible for my opinion of George W Bush to get any lower. I was wrong.

April 14th, 2004 01:46 PM
Jumacfly Glencar i m not against America but just against Bush...don t get me wrong with that please..
April 14th, 2004 01:48 PM
Pattie
He's a terrible terrible man, his name will be associated with evil forever
April 14th, 2004 01:59 PM
telecaster In the last 20 yrs only 700 patents have been issued to Muslim countries

In the last 20 yrs 15,000 patents have been issued to South Korea alone

The unemployment rate in Muslim countries is over 50%

There is nothing positive happening in the Arab world. Period

They hate us because they hate what the have and haven't
become
April 14th, 2004 02:01 PM
Some Guy He looked weak last night and dodged every question posed to him. When asked about his greatest failure since 9-11, he should have said this press conference. But Kerry scares me also.
April 14th, 2004 02:02 PM
UGot2Rollme I think Bush has actually escalated the terrorist threat, creating hundreds if not thousands of martyrs willing to take the place of Bin Laden. He should have listened to the UN and not moved forward with his "coalition of the willing".. what a joke that is.

[Edited by UGot2Rollme]
April 14th, 2004 02:06 PM
Mikey I agree Some Guy. How about this exchange:

But one question for which Bush was evidently not prepared invited him to name his biggest mistake since 9/11.

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it," Bush joked before taking a long pause.

"I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet."

Then came a meandering soliloquy that wandered from an affirmation of his decisions to invade Afghanistan (news - web sites) and Iraq to his firm belief that Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) possessed weapons of mass destruction and the discovery of mustard gas on a turkey farm in Libya.

"I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one," Bush concluded.

April 14th, 2004 02:07 PM
telecaster
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Bush has escalated the war on terror, creating hundreds if not thousands of martyrs willing to take the place of Bin Laden. He should have listened to the UN and not moved forward with his "coalition of the willing".. what a joke that is.

Good point. He should be more like the UN and ignore
17 of its own resolutions and do nothing.

That will scare 'em!
April 14th, 2004 02:08 PM
Pattie
I don't know how he sleeps at night..
April 14th, 2004 02:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
Pattie wrote:

He's a terrible terrible man, his name will be associated with evil forever

Pattie if Bush will be associated with evil forever what
category would you put Bin Laden & Co in?

April 14th, 2004 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
instead of making war, Bushie should help farmers to improve agriculture and make a better world...

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the most beautiful photograph in the whole world !

Joe !!!!!
[Edited by Joey]
April 14th, 2004 02:16 PM
Pattie
Bush is so evil... even the devil is afraid
April 14th, 2004 02:17 PM
Mikey Pattie, let's not be hysterical.
April 14th, 2004 02:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Bush is so evil... even the devil is afraid

I agree ..................There really IS only one way to deal with it :

April 14th, 2004 02:20 PM
Pattie
ooooo doggystyle!! my favourite position actually but that's another discussion
April 14th, 2004 02:24 PM
caro Looks like the Thanksgiving party on the Bahgdad airport impressed him...
quote:
I happen to believe that we'll find out the truth on the weapons. That's why we've sent up the independent commission. I look forward to hearing the truth, exactly where they are. They could still be there. They could be hidden, like the 50 tons of mustard gas in a turkey farm.

April 14th, 2004 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Pattie wrote:

ooooo doggystyle!! my favourite position actually but that's another discussion

You raise an interesting point Pattie , I too have often felt that if more and more ... ... individuals in this world would only ... ... engage in more sexual activity , we as a peoples could overcome the ... ... harsh , uncivil behavior that has so permeated the soft underbelly of our ... ... society .................Wait !!!!!!! ..... .... WTF ?!?!?! ...........What's going on here ?!?! ... ... Oh, Oh, !!!!!!! .............. ...............OH NO !!!!! ........... ........ Look OUT EVERYBODY !!!!!! ... HERE IT COMES :

Jercee Joe
April 14th, 2004 02:30 PM
Pattie
I agree with you Joey, sex is indeed the answer!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5