ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Openingsconcert new tour in SunDevil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
February 27th, 2005 06:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Michael Cohl posts here??????????????????

If he did, you bastards would be paying $100 a year just to LOOK at this board!
February 27th, 2005 06:55 PM
IanBillen [quote]IanBillen wrote:

That's funny, a report just came in today that has Mick actually in Paris and was spoted at a museum with his chic as Gazza speculated.... This leads to your report of them being in New York or LA mixing is not so.

*Now give me a really good reason I should believe anything eles you have posted concerning the new album, or The Stones starting up at Sundevil Stadium in Arizona.

Ian

February 27th, 2005 08:26 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Ass is a little " RAW " this afternoon so I can't stay long but I must confess .............due to Charlie's recent bout with throat cancer , I find it highly unlikely that the Stones will EVER play stadiums AGAIN , and most likely will perform ONLY in arenas ( there is a new venue [ arena ] opening up every month in the states these days ....... ) .

Now , with your indulgence , it is time for your young Joey to go buy the steaks ( K.C. Strips ) for tonight's Oscar Party !

Go Alex ( .....the guy doesn't stand a chance against ' Million Dollar Baby ' .....Shhhhh -- Our little secret )

" Stones Rule Bastards "

JAZZY !

Yeah Joey,

Charlie would not be able to sing the lead during Satisfaction if they played it in a stadium!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
February 27th, 2005 08:30 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
i think Chuck is not allowed to say more about the album.

Jake....Is that you ??????
February 27th, 2005 08:48 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If he did, you bastards would be paying $100 a year just to LOOK at this board!

Gazza -- ya bastid!!!

I suppose if Mike was runnin' this board we'd have to plop down another "Benjamin" if we want to post!
February 28th, 2005 03:02 AM
Cohl1 i'm not michael Cohl, but i'm from the sqme family, and've got some information that i'd like to share with you guys
the stones keep on traveling around the globe, so one moment they are in NYC and the other moment they are in Paris...
February 28th, 2005 03:09 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
i'm not michael Cohl, but i'm from the sqme family, and've got some information that i'd like to share with you guys
the stones keep on traveling around the globe, so one moment they are in NYC and the other moment they are in Paris...

Thanks, man! That'll teach the naysayers.
February 28th, 2005 04:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
i'm not michael Cohl, but i'm from the sqme family

he has family in Holland too?
February 28th, 2005 10:56 AM
Joey
" Charlie would not be able to sing the lead during Satisfaction if they played it in a stadium! "

< ----------- Funny !

Agreed little fella :

The days of MACCA , The Stones , & THE WHO playing these huge outdoor venues is rapidly coming to an end ( ... and it is not just for financial reasons either -- ie: the lower production costs , the ability to charge much higher ticket prices for arena gigs and convenient restroom facilities for THE JOEY ) .

No , as was proven last year when FLEETWOOD MAC had to cancel numerous gigs due to the adverse effects that performing indoors one night & outdoors the next evening had on the lead vocalist's vocal chords / throat , it is BEST TO STAY INSIDE ................it's just not healthy for these individuals in their late fifties / early sixties to play a concert in inclement weather anymore . Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Spritzkee & Hutsch ! ™
February 28th, 2005 11:14 AM
Some Guy Joey, how do you feel about that new Stones accoustic single mentioned earlier in this thread?
February 28th, 2005 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Joey, how do you feel about that new Stones accoustic single mentioned earlier in this thread?

{{{{ ? }}}}}
February 28th, 2005 12:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

{{{{ ? }}}}}

Mick and Keith recorded one song on a late afternoon in france, they thought it was a nice song for the album... and i must agree with them, what a song!

Or maybe someone blowing smoke up our collective asses.
February 28th, 2005 02:03 PM
Joey
Hello some Guy .....................

" Or maybe someone blowing smoke up our collective asses. "

......and there you have it !!!

At least it is NEWS !

J.

February 28th, 2005 02:29 PM
Cohl1 Michael has Family everywhere man!
February 28th, 2005 06:16 PM
Soldatti Hey Cohl1 tell us something about this acoustic song. Maybe is their best song since Keys To Your Love.
February 28th, 2005 08:40 PM
Bob Tamp Bottom line- when a real fan hears the album then I will believe some of the prehype that comes with all new Stones music.

The Stones can be believed anymore either. Does anyone remember Keith talking about the new songs to be on Forty Licks? Didnt he say something like " best Stones in a long time"? Gimme a break Keith. Have another drink!
February 28th, 2005 08:57 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
Does anyone remember Keith talking about the new songs to be on Forty Licks? Didnt he say something like " best Stones in a long time"?

Best Stones Yet!
March 1st, 2005 02:30 AM
Cohl1 the songs are definitly better then the songs on their last album Forty Licks. i'm afraid i cant tell you more about the album and tour, or where they might be.
-the album is great.
-the tour will be great and better too, and will start in Tempe.
- the stones are in Paris, NYC, and LA
-they're having a lot of fun during the sessions and it's all good. the boys ere doing well.

see you later guys...
March 1st, 2005 04:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
the songs are definitly better then the songs on their last album Forty Licks. i'm afraid i cant tell you more about the album and tour, or where they might be.

probably because no one knows

quote:
-the album is great..

you mean the one that hasnt been actually recorded yet, let alone overdubbed, mixed, etc...seems you've heard more of it than most of the band!

quote:
- the stones are in Paris, NYC, and LA

well that covers all your options and one at least might be right.

quote:
- they're having a lot of fun during the sessions and it's all good. the boys ere doing well.
-

what sessions? LOL

[Edited by Gazza]
March 1st, 2005 04:48 AM
Poplar
Gazza - asking the tough questions folks.

good work.
March 1st, 2005 04:58 AM
Cohl1 gazza, i heard a few songs, i know what kind of album it's gonna be, i just think all this is great, it's all new for me too y'know.. i'm just exited about the band and all the new stuff, and the band is working around the world as you know, the abum is almost done, i can't wait till it's released. but i think i shut up from now, if i don't you guys have nothing to dream on... it has to be a little secret realy. after all this is the greatest band ever working on a brand new studio album after seven years...
March 1st, 2005 05:25 AM
Gazza here's hopin'
March 1st, 2005 05:48 AM
Poplar
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
...it's all new for me too y'know.. i'm just exited about the band and all the new stuff...

I'm sitting in my apartment with the lights as low as possible. They are low enough to allow me to walk around, procure necessary things as needed, and manipulate the environment as necessary, all without risk of running into walls, the furniture or the cat. The local pub was quiet, which allowed Pam and I to sit content and undisturbed until they closed. Those three beers seemed enough for a Monday, but once home, I felt the need for a night-cap.

Black and Blue's brevity can be an asset. On certain occasions, you just need a quick jolt to get things started.

About an hour later, I'm into the second half of Tattoo You. Don't let the world pass you by ... or be sorry for the rest of your sweet boring life. This album is so subtle. None of the ferocity and anger of the earlier work. It’s calm, and contemplative. They could do this again. Feeling quite nice, with just the cat in my dark apartment, I’m reading optimistic musings about the grand Rolling Stones album materializing all around the world.

quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
don't you guys have nothing to dream on...

No way.

New Stones album to dream on.

quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
i can't wait till it's released.

Hell yeah

March 1st, 2005 03:45 PM
IanBillen
Gazza,

I am assuming you're joking when you state that this album hasn't been recorded, or over-dubbed yet. I have to go back to...this album is done for the most part. In two months time I think this entire album will be finished from top to bottum including mixing and mastering.

Ian
March 1st, 2005 04:19 PM
kahoosier KEITH IS NOT LYING WHEN HE SAYS BEST STONES IN A LONG TIME!

At least not with this album, hell after almost 8 years, even if they sang Mary Had a Little Lamb for 40 minutes it would be the best Stones n a long time LOL! That is the simple truth.

Now how it will compare to other endeavors is another story...
March 1st, 2005 05:46 PM
doo doo doo Dude
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
gazza, i heard a few songs, i know what kind of album it's gonna be, i just think all this is great, it's all new for me too y'know.. i'm just exited about the band and all the new stuff, and the band is working around the world as you know, the abum is almost done, i can't wait till it's released. but i think i shut up from now, if i don't you guys have nothing to dream on... it has to be a little secret realy. after all this is the greatest band ever working on a brand new studio album after seven years...

So let me get this straight, we are getting our information from a Holland based "relative" of Toronto based concert promoter Michael Cohl who has allowed his "relative" (with the band's blessings I'm sure) to listen to new tracks from the bathed-in-secrecy new album by the Rolling Stones.

I can't believe you guys are buying this shit!
March 1st, 2005 05:51 PM
Dan
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Gazza,

I am assuming you're joking when you state that this album hasn't been recorded, or over-dubbed yet. I have to go back to...this album is done for the most part. In two months time I think this entire album will be finished from top to bottum including mixing and mastering.

Ian

Aside from a whole heluva lot of wishful thinking, it seems the only definitive word on the album was some writing and demo-ing was done in November. I dont think they have even started laying basic tracks yet.
March 1st, 2005 05:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Gazza,

Ian

No. 100% serious. What the hell do you think they're going to Paris for. Ski-ing?

I'm with Dan & Doo Doo Dude above.. I'm amazed people continue to buy any old shit that someone posts on an internet forum with no logical credibility.

This guy claims he's heard the album - because hes a relative of Michael Cohl, even though he lives in Holland. You think the Stones just let anyone into the studio (let alone to hear their playbacks, rough mixes etc)?

For fucks sake, come on....

[Edited by Gazza]
March 1st, 2005 06:11 PM
doo doo doo Dude Right Gazza, and why the fuck would the Stones play unfinished tracks to Michael Cohl, the guy who promotes their concert tours and has absolutly nothing to do with the recording process.

Fucking ludicrous!
March 1st, 2005 06:24 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Or maybe someone blowing smoke up our collective asses.

Word!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood