ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Openingsconcert new tour in SunDevil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
March 1st, 2005 09:28 PM
Soldatti I go with the Philly/Boston rumour.
March 1st, 2005 10:46 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Dan wrote:

Aside from a whole heluva lot of wishful thinking, it seems the only definitive word on the album was some writing and demo-ing was done in November. I dont think they have even started laying basic tracks yet.

Dan,
Don't believe it. It is March. The album has been plenty worked on. I am not trying to be a smart ass in any way but when do you think they would start to record the real tracks and lay them down? July? in order to get an album out in August or September? That is basically impossible anymore.
Remember,
All of this May and June Don Was will be booked. Not to mention some of April in order to rehearse. Don is going on tour in starting in May so in actuality all recording has to be done by then. As far as the mixing and mastering, which comes after the recording, Don always has his hand in that keeps his eye on that aspect as well being as he is their producer.
To say the album has no tracks laid down at the moment is far-fetched. It is already March.
I sincerely cannot believe folks believe they are just starting this album.
I am not trying to be a smart ass at all but

-Guys and Gals .......wake-up,-

It is not that hard to figure out. The Stones appear in absolutely no hurry to finish the album with all their outings and scheduled events because....there is not that much left to do on it. They have been making albums for 40 years. I think by now they would know when to say....fuck everything eles we gotta work on this album if it is to be released on par...but no, it is like they are in no rush whatso-ever and right now is crunch time. Why? because there isn't a rush. Recording it is probably all done and mixing will start very soon. Mixing could of very well already started.

By May everything should be totally complete.
This is why I never found it hard to believe that an album could be out in mid to late June if they wanted to release it then. Reguardless, by June the album will be ready for release I am sure. Whether they wait a month or two depends but it would be not a problem to release it by then I am sure if they so choose to.
Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
March 1st, 2005 11:15 PM
Dan
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Dan,
Don't believe it. It is March. The album has been plenty worked on. I am not trying to be a smart ass in any way but when do you think they would start to record the real tracks and lay them down?

I dont know when, maybe they are just getting to it now. But the little bits of info that have leaked out suggest demos and songwriting. Unless they are using past rejects, which is a possibility.

quote:

July? in order to get an album out in August or September? That is basically impossible anymore.

Now we are back to wishful thinking - we don't know that the album will be out in August or September. All we really have to go on are fifty bullshit rumors about when and where the tour is starting, which last I heard was starting last month at the Trocadero in Philadelphia.

quote:

Remember,
All of this May and June Don Was will be booked. Not to mention some of April in order to rehearse. Don is going on tour in starting in May so in actuality all recording has to be done by then. As far as the mixing and mastering, which comes after the recording, Don always has his hand in that keeps his eye on that aspect as well being as he is their producer.

Or it can take place after the tour. Or with a different producer. I dont see any indications the band is in a hurry to get everything done by fall like we did around Steel Wheels or BTB era.

quote:

To say the album has no tracks laid down at the moment is far-fetched. It is already March.
I sincerely cannot believe folks believe they are just starting this album.

Only if you set an arbitrary timeline as to when you expect to hear it.

quote:

I am not trying to be a smart ass at all but

-Guys and Gals .......wake-up,-

It is not that hard to figure out. The Stones appear in absolutely no hurry to finish the album with all their outings and scheduled events because....there is not that much left to do on it. They have been making albums for 40 years. I think by now they would know when to say....fuck everything eles we gotta work on this album if it is to be released on par...but no, it is like they are in no rush whatso-ever and right now is crunch time. Why? because there isn't a rush. Recording it is probably all done and mixing will start very soon. Mixing could of very well already started.

Unless they did it all in the last few weeks. Last I heard Ronnie hasnt even been brought aboard yet. Then again there is the rejects theory that seemed so popular a while back.

quote:

By May everything should be totally complete.
This is why I never found it hard to believe that an album could be out in mid to late June if they wanted to release it then. Reguardless, by June the album will be ready for release I am sure. Whether they wait a month or two depends but it would be not a problem to release it by then I am sure if they so choose to.
Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Well, thats just it, other than rumors and wishful thinking, we dont really know what they intend to do or if they are in a hurry to meet some deadline for some tour everybody is hoping for.
March 2nd, 2005 12:02 AM
IanBillen
Hi Dan,
Good to see you are not going to jump down my throat here.
And I appreciate your responses.

Actually Dan,
Don Was and Keith as well as a few magazines have stated the album will be out this summer.

The Stones have written and recorded all during the Licks tour according to Keith. I strongly suspect some material from those writing/recording sessions will be used.

As far as Ronnie Goes,
It will take just a few days to a few weeks tops to over-dubb his licks on the songs.

Also The Stones (except for Charlie) were in the studio together as far back as last June. Everyone seems to forget this. this was before the overdubbs for Live Licks so it was not that affair they were working on at that time. That is fact. Ronnie and Keith were in the studio in Holland last June. Ronnie was seen going to the studio with his guitar at this time. He was asked "if he was going into the studio" and he replied "yes". He also stated he was there "on Stones business".

Dan,
I am telling you, there are no out-takes, and this album has been worked on here and there, off and on, for going on three years. Now is the last push on the project.

Also The Stones will not tour this time without an album. You can bet the farm on it.

Anyway, good seeing your input.

Ian
March 2nd, 2005 12:03 AM
corgi37 If that is the stage shape, looks like the old run ways at the sides are gone. I reckon this b stage thing is passe.
March 2nd, 2005 02:18 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

No. 100% serious. What the hell do you think they're going to Paris for. Ski-ing?

I'm with Dan & Doo Doo Dude above.. I'm amazed people continue to buy any old shit that someone posts on an internet forum with no logical credibility.

This guy claims he's heard the album - because hes a relative of Michael Cohl, even though he lives in Holland. You think the Stones just let anyone into the studio (let alone to hear their playbacks, rough mixes etc)?

For fucks sake, come on....

Gazza,
I certainly don't want to be rude to anyone but
I never said I believed this person in the least. Secondly, why would you post your name as Cohl? If the higher ups found out you were blabbin they would be a little rattled at it.
Reguardless,
How can you possibly believe not too much has been done on the album befre the past few weeks? Wouldn't that be late to start recording?

In December it said on RS.COM that infact the album was slated for release before summer! This gives every indication that even at that point a few months back, considerable work must of been done to the album already. You said to go by the internet more than magazines. Well this is directly from their official site. What more could you want?

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
March 2nd, 2005 02:28 AM
Poplar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I reckon this b stage thing is passe.

damn - i was still kinda hoping for a "b-stage" tour. ie: strip this mutha-fucka down and let the boys play.
March 2nd, 2005 02:28 AM
Cohl1 what do you guys think, that i'm lying about this great news, maybe you think i'm an idiot from the other side of the world, but i'm not. Michael Cohl has a lot to do with the stones, he is one of the most important people for the Stones, not only a guy that is organizing a tour for them, he is also a close friend of the band. i mean... i would wasting my time on this board if i had nothing important to say to these people... believe me or not....
March 2nd, 2005 04:27 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
what do you guys think, that i'm lying about this great news, maybe you think i'm an idiot from the other side of the world, but i'm not. Michael Cohl has a lot to do with the stones, he is one of the most important people for the Stones, not only a guy that is organizing a tour for them, he is also a close friend of the band. i mean... i would wasting my time on this board if i had nothing important to say to these people... believe me or not....

Time will tell brother. And if you are telling the truth...may Time be on your side.

Ian
March 2nd, 2005 08:29 AM
Gazza Ian

I didnt imply they havent started work on the album. They have. However,as a BAND they havent been recording. End of story.

Pointless going over this for the zillionth time, but here goes. Mick and Keith (and afterwards, Charlie) met to work on songs in November in Paris for 3 weeks. Demos, arrangements, rough sketches. Call it what you will. It's basically pre-production, to ensure that when they DO get together to record, there is less work to do on the songs and they dont end up spending months and months on the bloody things, a la Dirty Work, Black and Blue etc. Thats the way the Stones have operated in recent years.

If the Stones have had so many songs recorded over the last couple of years as you have often suggested, then they would not have had the need to do what they were doing in November

The rest of the band (and by that I mean as well as Ronnie, the extended band such as Chuck, Darryl, horns, backing singers and any other auxiliary session musicians) were not involved at any stage, so how this album is "almost done" escapes me.

The Stones have not been recording since then as they have not all been together, certainly not for any length of time to make recording possible.

They are expected to put an album out "in the summer" according to a story from months ago. Big whoop. August is "the summer". More likely that late than early June. As they wont be touring until probably early September, it doesnt really need to be out until around then anyhow.

Anyway, someone mentioning a release date months ago is pointless. Schedules come and go. I remember Emotional Rescue was meant to come out in November 1979. It arrived in June 1980. They were also supposed to tour in 2001. They didnt tour until September 2002. I could reel off at least a dozen other missed schedules or changed plans off the top of my head, quite easily. I'd also take anything rs.com says with a huge grain of salt as they have their own agenda (maybe if they say there'll be a tour by the summer it might get a few more mugs to sign up for membership based on a rumour)

Neither did I imply they would start recording in the summer to get an album out by August. In case you've not been reading this site much of late, Mick and Woody (at least) are in Paris NOW and separate reports have them as recording there this month. As they have done so much pre production on songs and have had so much time to work on arrangements, theres no reason why they couldnt finish recording an album within the next few weeks (certainly by the end of April). Plenty of time.

Over and out
March 2nd, 2005 08:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
what do you guys think, that i'm lying about this great news, maybe you think i'm an idiot from the other side of the world, but i'm not. Michael Cohl has a lot to do with the stones, he is one of the most important people for the Stones, not only a guy that is organizing a tour for them, he is also a close friend of the band. i mean... i would wasting my time on this board if i had nothing important to say to these people... believe me or not....

We're quite aware who Michael Cohl is. Thanks.

The Stones management read these boards. If you were indeed related to Mr Cohl and everything you've said is true, I'd find it amazing that you'd use that screenname and say you're related, make it obvious that you're from Holland as well as having admitted you've 'heard' the album (I cant imagine Michael has many relations there, so it'd be easy to find out who you were if they wanted to). I doubt they'd be too pleased at an 'insider' relaying so much 'information' and if you were who you claim to be, I dont seriously believe you'd be so careless as to have made some of the statements you've come out with in the last few days.

You're not the first person to have come on here and posted this kind of stuff in the last couple of years and no doubt you won't be the last either.

Believe me, pretty much any genuine 'insider' who has tipped us off with stuff over the last few years has done so discreetly and with the very strict proviso that we dont mention who they are as they're wary about being a source that has released information before it's supposed to be.
March 2nd, 2005 03:36 PM
Cohl1 ok people, i'm going to tell the truth now, ofcourse all of this rumours are bullshit, and i'm just a ordenairy Stones-fan from Holland, but it was a great introduction for me as a new Rocks Off member, don't you think? , i'm Michael Daniëls From Nijmegen, Holland. i'm sorry guys i didn't want to make you angry or something.... forgive me please !!

(do you people understand me? how is my english by the way?)

see you later! Ciao
March 2nd, 2005 03:46 PM
Gazza LOL

We'll forgive you this time, Michael

Fortunately some of us have a more adept bullshit detector than others...but please dont post stuff like that!

..and welcome to Rocks Off

and your English is fine!
March 2nd, 2005 03:48 PM
Cohl1 THANK YOU GAZZA !!!
March 2nd, 2005 03:53 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
ok people, i'm going to tell the truth now, ofcourse all of this rumours are bullshit, and i'm just a ordenairy Stones-fan from Holland, but it was a great introduction for me as a new Rocks Off member, don't you think? , i'm Michael Daniëls From Nijmegen, Holland. i'm sorry guys i didn't want to make you angry or something.... forgive me please !!

see you later! Ciao

How could you???

March 2nd, 2005 03:55 PM
Cohl1 can i change my name somewhere on this board... i don't wanna be that stupid guy anymore!! i wanna be myself !! LOL

March 2nd, 2005 04:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
... i don't wanna be that stupid guy anymore!!

It's too late now. The first impression is always the lasting one. But there is pennance.....welcome to Purgatory.
March 2nd, 2005 04:27 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
ok people, i'm going to tell the truth now, ofcourse all of this rumours are bullshit, and i'm just a ordenairy Stones-fan from Holland, but it was a great introduction for me as a new Rocks Off member, don't you think? , i'm Michael Daniëls From Nijmegen, Holland. i'm sorry guys i didn't want to make you angry or something.... forgive me please !!

see you later! Ciao

Cohl1,

A lesson to be learned: Never try and make friends by
bullshitting folks, or pretending to be someone your not, or trying to impress. Believe me, it does the exact opposite.

I can't believe at your age you didn't know that yet? Now who will ever believe you if you were telling the truth?

Reguardless,
-What's up I suppose-
Glad to see you wised up.

Ian
March 2nd, 2005 04:32 PM
Dutch Michael D. your're right man!, as i said before, i'm sorry... allright i've learned my lesson
March 2nd, 2005 05:24 PM
littleredrooster A 20 post count with complete bullshit!
You're taking lessons from Joey!

Welcome to the board !

For your penance, you must buy a pair of FRONT row tickets
during the coming Stones tour for Gazza and Rooostah!!

Otherwise, I'll redirect your posts to Justin Timberlake board!

Rooooostah
March 2nd, 2005 05:27 PM
Nellcote HEY ROOSTAHHHHHHHH
did you catch the SOX @ the WHITE HOUSE?
Where was A-ROD with the Hamburger Helper glove?
PATRIOTS ARE NEXT.....
Poor RJ already sniping at the press,
This should be wicked pissa this year....
March 2nd, 2005 05:40 PM
Dutch Michael D. maybe i will rooster, maybe i will... ''everything's gonna be allright''
March 2nd, 2005 05:56 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
HEY ROOSTAHHHHHHHH
did you catch the SOX @ the WHITE HOUSE?
Where was A-ROD with the Hamburger Helper glove?
PATRIOTS ARE NEXT.....
Poor RJ already sniping at the press,
This should be wicked pissa this year....

Enjoy it NOW, Nellie!
Because you KNOW it's All Over Now !

Pedro, Lowe, Minky, Nomah, Reese, Cabrera....the part of that team wWITH class...... didn't bother to attend......
What showed up had class.....ALL LOW!
March 2nd, 2005 06:08 PM
Nellcote Ah, That's the Yankee Rump Swab Roostah I've come to know...

Come to Papa on 04/11/05, when we present the Yanks with the Fenway Home Opener....

Rings & Banners....

Yanks will be hearing the new chant...."2000"....

Minky batted cleanup today, what a stroke!
Pedro already late for practice, that former Yank manager will have his hands full..

D-Low already crying answering Red Sox questions now that he's in Dodgertown...

Yeah, those guys just reek of cl-ass....

You'd better worry about the MONTREAL factor, when Pavano caves in just like Vasquez did...

You'll be loving the D-Backs & 'Zona Cardinals by then
Oh my Gawd, talk about "all over now"
In the words of Bill Parcells, "you'll be throwing up in your mouth"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

DREAM ON UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE....

March 2nd, 2005 06:11 PM
Joey
" A 20 post count with complete bullshit!
You're taking lessons from Joey! "

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

March 2nd, 2005 06:17 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Joey wrote:

" A 20 post count with complete bullshit!
You're taking lessons from Joey! "

{{{{{{{ ? }}}}}}}

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

i promise to take my medicine...................
I promise to take my medicine...................
I promise to take my medicine...................

And I forgot how to spell 'JB'

[Edited by littleredrooster]
March 2nd, 2005 06:23 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ah, That's the Yankee Rump Swab Roostah I've come to know...

Come to Papa on 04/11/05, when we present the Yanks with the Fenway Home Opener....

Rings & Banners....

Yanks will be hearing the new chant...."2000"....

Minky batted cleanup today, what a stroke!
Pedro already late for practice, that former Yank manager will have his hands full..

D-Low already crying answering Red Sox questions now that he's in Dodgertown...

Yeah, those guys just reek of cl-ass....

You'd better worry about the MONTREAL factor, when Pavano caves in just like Vasquez did...

You'll be loving the D-Backs & 'Zona Cardinals by then
Oh my Gawd, talk about "all over now"
In the words of Bill Parcells, "you'll be throwing up in your mouth"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

DREAM ON UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE....

Nellcote you ignorant slut........................
Your shitty Red SUX are gonna break down like Joey's blow up doll!
This year....it's no longer Disneyland!

March 2nd, 2005 06:27 PM
Nellcote At least you know the correct way to say ROOSTAH, like
Wustah
Leominstah
Bahston
Mehfahd

Otherwise, tell Payrod Varitek's got something for him...

March 2nd, 2005 06:30 PM
littleredrooster Only his preseason big mouth
March 2nd, 2005 09:13 PM
Soldatti Billboard report late summer/early fall now.
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000825813

PS: They missed the US #1 by few copies with both BTB and 40 licks with the release date of Sep. 30 on 1997 and 2002. The same mistake again.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood