ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jim Price - the "Kids nowadays ain't got no shame" sessions
© 1971 Ethan A. Russell
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Openingsconcert new tour in SunDevil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
February 27th, 2005 04:16 AM
IanBillen
IMHO I can't see the tour starting there. A Rolling Stones tour nowadays starts in the east and then heads west in the winter months.

And the heat thing. I believe it would make much more sense to play such as site in at least later October or after rather than late August or early September considering their age and the heat factor. Can the Rolling Stones still take 90 degree heat on stage?

Reguardless,
I was wondering what is the hottest temperature setting in which The Stones did an out-door show? any ideas?

Ian

February 27th, 2005 04:30 AM
Stonesthrow Why the hell would they start a tour in Tempe, AZ? I live in Phoenix and was never led to believe it was special to the Stones. I was in the nosebleed seats for the 1981 concert in Tempe and there were 80,000 people there that night. Fortunately the ticket cost was $17.50. We also got George Thorogood as the opening act. However, I agree with Gazza that paying hundreds for that kind of seat does not give me a warm feeling.

Tempe is on one side of the metro Phoenix area and Glendale, where the new Cardinals stadium will open in September 2006, is all the way across town. As far as the Cardinals are concerned, the new stadium is like putting lipstick on a pig.
February 27th, 2005 08:05 AM
Cohl1 the Stones Will Start in Tempe, Arizona
Believe me !
February 27th, 2005 08:43 AM
Cohl1 i can tell you guys that the Stones will play in Club Bash also in Tempe Arizona
i'm a very good source... i'll try to keep up with you guys...for more information
February 27th, 2005 08:49 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
i can tell you guys that the Stones will play in Club Bash also in Tempe Arizona
i'm a very good source... i'll try to keep up with you guys...for more information

ok, any info about the new album?
February 27th, 2005 08:56 AM
Cohl1 ofcourse i have information on the new disc
the album will come out this summer, i'ts a another classic one, like Exile, Sticky, and a very new stones sound, they all having a very good time in the Studio's. but i still can't say what the title is gonna be, Don Was also has said something about the record hasn't he ???
February 27th, 2005 09:00 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
ofcourse i have information on the new disc
the album will come out this summer, i'ts a another classic one, like Exile, Sticky, and a very new stones sound, they all having a very good time in the Studio's. but i still can't say what the title is gonna be, Don Was also has said something about the record hasn't he ???

number of songs? song titles? working titles? any inside insight?
February 27th, 2005 09:06 AM
Cohl1 your're going to fast for me some guy... but allright the number of songs that will be expected to be on the new album are about 15, including one acoustic song by mick and keith only....
February 27th, 2005 09:15 AM
Cohl1 but it's all very new and unconfirmed that this will be the definitive album to put on the market, so this is what the album looks like at this moment...
February 27th, 2005 09:30 AM
Some Guy good times!!
February 27th, 2005 09:32 AM
Cohl1 That's right mate!
February 27th, 2005 09:37 AM
Some Guy including one acoustic song by mick and keith only....

please elaborate!
February 27th, 2005 09:46 AM
Cohl1 Mick and Keith recorded one song on a late afternoon in france, they thought it was a nice song for the album... and i must agree with them, what a song!
February 27th, 2005 09:48 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Cohl1 wrote:
Mick and Keith recorded one song on a late afternoon in france, they thought it was a nice song for the album... and i must agree with them, what a song!

Any predictions for the new album??
February 27th, 2005 09:57 AM
Cohl1 as i said before, this album wil be an classic one, like Exile, with a very new Stones sound... 15 tracks, one ballad from Mick and keith, it's comming out this summer, july/august the tour will start in Tempe, AZ late august
etc.
February 27th, 2005 10:01 AM
Some Guy My friend met Chuck Leavell last week and asked him about the album and tour. Chuck said he didn't know much about the new album except Mick Keith and Charlie are in NY, but he reports in July for rehearsals. Tour to start in Sept. The man likes a good massage.
February 27th, 2005 10:11 AM
Cohl1 that's great news too, i think they're mixing the album right now in NYC or LA. so the album is almost complete, then the have some meetings to discussing the tour plans and stuff... there's a lot to do when these guys go on tour y'know, stage, merchandise, security, anouncements, etc. so i tinks it's true what chuck saise.
February 27th, 2005 10:13 AM
Cohl1 that's great news too, i think they're mixing the album right now in NYC or LA. so the album is almost complete, then the have some meetings to discussing the tour plans and stuff... there's a lot to do when these guys go on tour y'know, stage, merchandise, security, anouncements, etc. so i tinks it's true what chuck says.
February 27th, 2005 10:17 AM
Gazza ..other sources have them working at Suresnes in Paris in the next few weeks.

Plus, as I mentioned in the "new album rumours" thread a few minutes ago, Ronnie has been/is/will be in Paris "on Stones business"
[Edited by Gazza]
February 27th, 2005 10:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
My friend met Chuck Leavell last week and asked him about the album and tour. Chuck said he didn't know much about the new album except Mick Keith and Charlie are in NY, but he reports in July for rehearsals. Tour to start in Sept. The man likes a good massage.

Chuck "not knowing much about the new album" would suggest that maybe he hasnt been playing on any 'sessions' they've had so far....

"Tour to start in September" is sounding more and more likely with each passing day
[Edited by Gazza]
February 27th, 2005 10:25 AM
Cohl1 i think Chuck is not allowed to say more about the album.
February 27th, 2005 10:42 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Chuck "not knowing much about the new album" would suggest that maybe he hasnt been playing on any 'sessions' they've had so far....

"Tour to start in September" is sounding more and more likely with each passing day
[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza quoting me... priceless.
February 27th, 2005 02:27 PM
IanBillen Speaking of Tempe,
I didn't want to say anything. But in reality I actually plan on living in Tempe by the end of June. I have been working on this for over a year. I am accepted to go to school out there (Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences)and IF/HOPEFULLY all goes well I will make it out there for the start date of my school.

However,
I just don't see the Stones opening in AZ or in the West. I wish it were true on my behalf but I just can't see it.

Ian
February 27th, 2005 04:08 PM
Joey

My Ass is a little " RAW " this afternoon so I can't stay long but I must confess .............due to Charlie's recent bout with throat cancer , I find it highly unlikely that the Stones will EVER play stadiums AGAIN , and most likely will perform ONLY in arenas ( there is a new venue [ arena ] opening up every month in the states these days ....... ) .

Now , with your indulgence , it is time for your young Joey to go buy the steaks ( K.C. Strips ) for tonight's Oscar Party !

Go Alex ( .....the guy doesn't stand a chance against ' Million Dollar Baby ' .....Shhhhh -- Our little secret )

" Stones Rule Bastards "

JAZZY !
February 27th, 2005 05:03 PM
Some Guy Joey on a Sunday, whats up with that?
February 27th, 2005 05:53 PM
Bob Tamp I love the Fenway idea since its close to me, and its a lot smaller than Gillette Stadium. It could probably hold about 35,000 for a show and its right in the City of Boston. Overall, the tour should be arenas and theaters. Boston is a Stones town, and besides the Steel Wheels tour, tickets have been easy to get in stadiums since.

I really do hope the new album is the BALLS, but hasnt every new Stones album since Dirty Work been heralded that way?
February 27th, 2005 05:57 PM
Snappy McJack OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Michael Cohl posts here??????????????????
February 27th, 2005 06:17 PM
Gazza >as i said before, this album wil be an classic one, like Exile,

I almost took this stuff at face value, until I read this standard hype that we've read for every Stones album in the last couple of decades
February 27th, 2005 06:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Gazza quoting me... priceless.

I was quoting you quoting your friend quoting Chuck, actually!!

LOL
February 27th, 2005 06:22 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Now , with your indulgence , it is time for your young Joey to go buy the steaks ( K.C. Strips ) for tonight's Oscar Party !

Go Alex ( .....the guy doesn't stand a chance against ' Million Dollar Baby ' .....Shhhhh -- Our little secret )

" Stones Rule Bastards "

JAZZY !

Joey, I can't watch the Oscars as I have to work tonight & the fact that Jagger got fucked over makes me disinclined to even tape the disaster in the making. Although Alexander Payne strikes me as a bit full of himself & I haven't actually seen "Sideways" I hope it wins mucho awards just because I have seen some of the others & I found them lacking.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood