ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Baltimore get "Omaha'ed" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
February 3rd, 2006 11:17 AM
nankerphelge Yeah well, whether I fall into the "real friend" or "not" category -- still sorry I missed you in NYC.

February 3rd, 2006 12:38 PM
jb I met some cybernet friends ....even though none of them are real friends....Off course we would never hang out in real life, but for 15 minutes, it was fun!!!
[Edited by jb]
February 3rd, 2006 12:42 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah well, whether I fall into the "real friend" or "not" category -- still sorry I missed you in NYC.

I am sorry I missed you in Omaha , NE

February 3rd, 2006 01:19 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Sorry for shit-stirring...I have my period and it makes me cranky.

I posted that answer to you and immediately thought "WHY did I do that?" Not that it's not true - Keno is a punchline to many jokes, whether it be for wearing tinfoil hats or worrying about bandwidth stealing or exhorting his followers to click the banners, and for some reason all of those things are the cause of much hilarity among your friends. But it's not like I've seen anything of that sort lately, and I had no business bringing it up. I should have just said "Why would you look for him here?" (a valid question) and not the other stuff. If Keno wasn't such a damn hippie maybe his site would allow you to delete posts, but that is not the case, so as it was I was thankful it was the end of the month and would soon disappear. Until you brought it back up. That's cool, though.

Starting when?

Why? Who gave, or gives, a flying fuck? Look, I was on the verge of a self-induced mental breakdown in NYC. I've measured my entire adult life by Stones shows, and going to the LAST ONE was giving me the willies. As all of my good friends are so fond of lovingly pointing out in their good-natured way, I was unhinged. I didn't need to worry about any stupid drama, whether it was drama cooked up by me to begin with, or drama foisted upon me. I'm glad I got to meet you and a few others but I really wouldn't have cared if I didn't see any of my internet pals and/or nemeses.

Oh yeah, a huge factor. Absolutely. I could either let ego and pride take over and go start a fistfight, or I could stay where I was with real family and real friends.

And it matters because....?

And you see this whole non-issue as totally one-sided?

You totally lost me there. I've pointed out, a million times, which "jokes" were hurtful, and this ALWAYS meant the "jokes" would be repeated ad nauseum. There were NEVER any apologies offered, and none would have been accepted anyway. No one apologizes for ANYTHING around here. It's a sign of weakness.

No, I take that back - I'm apologizing here for my post at Keno's, and I apologized at the Couch for belaboring my point and boring everyone. I apologize way too much, actually. Sorry!

And now that the Stones have played NYC for the last time, or at least the last time that any regular person could dream of affording, it all matters even less.

It's you , no one else... Your drama, no one elses.
February 3rd, 2006 04:33 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's you , no one else... Your drama, no one elses.

OK, good. Then there is no longer any drama. Not sure why you keep bringing it up.

I enjoyed meeting you in NYC. Thanks for going out of your way to come over and say hello.
February 3rd, 2006 07:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot Psssst. Flea...

Don't listen to him. It's an insidious plot.

He's a fucker. It said so right on his shirt!
February 3rd, 2006 07:12 PM
pdog I tried being a peacenik, it wasn't working...
February 3rd, 2006 07:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Peacenik?

You know another term for peacenik?

Door Mat.

Now leave my boy Flea alone or I shall pretend to leave the board and not attend the Summit of the Century in Amsterdam!
February 3rd, 2006 08:26 PM
Riffhard The most amusing thing about this entire hi-jacked thread is that it all got out of control simply because I asked Gypsy about hostility directed towards Maxy. It has taken on a life of it's own,and yet....yet,Maxy has not once responded once to any of this bullshit. He is a better man for it if you ask me. The differences between different posters here is of their own making regardless of whom they may be.

I have no problem with anyone here,and I was happy to see everyone whom I greeted. I have no horse in this race,but I do feel that Maxlugar is getting the sharp end of the stick here,and for no good reason. Regardless of the petty BS argument of "property rights",we all know that Joey has been doing the cut and paste routine with Maxy's posts for years now. There is,indeed,some humour in that. However,I don't believe that Max has ever made a stink about it. He has jokingly refered to Joey as a hack poster because of it,but that's about all. His differences with Joey have absolutly nothing whatsoever to do with any post theivery. I am not presuming to speak for the man,but there it is anyway. Everyone else seems to making a much bigger deal about this then the one created all the posts in question to begin with. Myself included perhaps?

Strange.

Riffy

February 3rd, 2006 08:30 PM
glencar Let's just drop it all. I'd like to get along with everyone but if it's not going to happen, there's not much I can do about it. Is Amsterdam the next {{Summit of the Century}}?
February 3rd, 2006 08:32 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let's just drop it all. I'd like to get along with everyone but if it's not going to happen, there's not much I can do about it. Is Amsterdam the next {{Summit of the Century}}?

Well as someone once said,-"Developing hard!" I forget who owns the rights to that phrase,but I'm useing it anyway!

We could all use a trip to an Amsterdam coffee house if you ask me!

Riffy
February 3rd, 2006 08:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whaaa???

Are there problems between some posters? I hadn't noticed! But thanks for pointing it out to me. Who's side am I on again?

I did NOT enjoy my time with you Riffy, you rotten fucker! We did entirely WAY to much smiling and laughing, and it made my face hurt. I blame you. Thank goodness that Jaxx was there with her mile high herbal remedy. If it hadn't been for her, my face might still hurt!

Ohhhh yeah, I'll get even with you one of these days. When you least expect it...expect it!
February 3rd, 2006 08:44 PM
glencar Amsterdam's on!
February 3rd, 2006 08:47 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Whaaa???

Are there problems between some posters? I hadn't noticed! But thanks for pointing it out to me. Who's side am I on again?

I did NOT enjoy my time with you Riffy, you rotten fucker! We did entirely WAY to much smiling and laughing, and it made my face hurt. I blame you. Thank goodness that Jaxx was there with her mile high herbal remedy. If it hadn't been for her, my face might still hurt!

Ohhhh yeah, I'll get even with you one of these days. When you least expect it...expect it!

LOL! Tonight I drink Guinness in your honor Essy! Many pints at that!

Mile High Mamma laid the mile high down in NYC that's for damned sure!

Riffy
February 5th, 2006 03:31 PM
Joey " Mile High Mamma laid the mile high down in NYC that's for damned sure! "

That's my Jaxxy ..................

JACKY !!!

February 5th, 2006 03:56 PM
Reginald Denny
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Mile High Mamma laid the mile high down in NYC that's for damned sure! "

That's my Jaxxy ..................

Narc

[Edited by Reginald Denny]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)