ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Baltimore get "Omaha'ed" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
February 2nd, 2006 01:24 PM
Rodney_King
quote:
...it's the Law of the Jungle, man,
Eat or be eaten,
Beat or be beaten.

i do NOT like the sound of that.

not one bit!

February 2nd, 2006 01:29 PM
sirmoonie Rodney, check it bleed, the Steelers go banshee in the Super Bowl and smack them down,

February 2nd, 2006 01:59 PM
Joey " Rodney, check it bleed, the Steelers go banshee in the Super Bowl and smack them down... "

Damn Straight !!!

February 2nd, 2006 01:59 PM
Joey " I like Mick's lyrics better. Don't hate me. "

February 2nd, 2006 02:10 PM
jb Baltimore subatantially weaker than Omaha.........sadly, the next place to get "Baltimored" will a viewing audience of 1 billion............................................Fat Aretha Franklin already bitching.....anf too think Keith revived that fat asses career in the video for the Whopi Goldberg movie JJF...ungrateful tub of lard.
February 2nd, 2006 02:25 PM
gimmekeef Fortunately I have a large wide screen TV so I will be able to see her...But I'm turning off the high def for sure!
February 2nd, 2006 02:27 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Baltimore subatantially weaker than Omaha.........sadly, the next place to get "Baltimored" will a viewing audience of 1 billion............................................Fat Aretha Franklin already bitching.....anf too think Keith revived that fat asses career in the video for the Whopi Goldberg movie JJF...ungrateful tub of lard.

That's libelous to tubs of lard everywhere!
February 2nd, 2006 02:28 PM
Joey " That's libelous to tubs of lard everywhere!"

February 2nd, 2006 02:30 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

CEASE AND DESIST ORDER:

The image or images, both photographic and electronic, of Gary Coleman (AND Emmanuel Lewis, for some reason) are the intellectual property of Maxlugar®, who bought them at a yard sale in the early 90s, and cannot be used for comedic purposes by anyone who has been "Omaha'd"® .
February 2nd, 2006 02:35 PM
Joey " The image or images, both photographic and electronic, of Gary Coleman (AND Emmanuel Lewis, for some reason) are the intellectual property of Maxlugar®, who bought them at a yard sale in the early 90s "

February 2nd, 2006 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Fat Aretha Franklin already bitching.....anf too think Keith revived that fat asses career in the video for the Whopi Goldberg movie JJF...ungrateful tub of lard.

What did she say?
February 2nd, 2006 02:40 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

CEASE AND DESIST ORDER:

The image or images, both photographic and electronic, of Gary Coleman (AND Emmanuel Lewis, for some reason) are the intellectual property of Maxlugar®, who bought them at a yard sale in the early 90s, and cannot be used for comedic purposes by anyone who has been "Omaha'd"® .

Why all the Maxy bashing? He never even mentions you.
February 2nd, 2006 02:45 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What did she say?

Something to the effect, "WHY THE sTONES AND NOT LOCAL TALENT"....FAT PIECE OF SHIT HASN'T DONE ANYTHING IN 40 YEARS BUT BALLONED LIKE A FLOAT AND YET, WE ARE SUCKERED INTO THINKING SHE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL.............FUNNY!!!
February 2nd, 2006 02:59 PM
glencar She had a voice once but now she just does that note-holding crap that bores us to tears.
February 2nd, 2006 03:01 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
She had a voice once but now she just does that note-holding crap that bores us to tears.

But we are told to love it......dare we offend that fat lard ass!!! She sickens me and should be honored to perform at the same venue with Mick, Keith, Charlie, et al.....
February 2nd, 2006 03:10 PM
glencar Indeed, Joshy! It's one thing when a wussy singer in a hack band disses the Stones but when a supposed great does it, I get sickened.
February 2nd, 2006 03:11 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

Why all the Maxy bashing? He never even mentions you.

It's not Maxy bashing - why would anyone bash Maxy? All he does is love!

It's bashing the idea of intellectual property within the confines of internet put-downs and catch-phrases, started in some other thread by me and SS. SS was getting all righteously indignant about Joey using the "All (Joey) does is love" Lugar®ism. It just struck me as funny, and has continued to strike me as funny throughout the day. In fact, I think the funny part of it is now MY intellectual property.

Man, I HATE it when I have to explain my jokes.

Anyway, your use of the term "pussy®" in your tiresome fight against Saint Sway is definitely stepping on Fiji's intellectual property rights. I know from my own tiresome fight against him. It's one of the only words in his limited vocabulary.

I think the term "asshat" might still be open, though.
February 2nd, 2006 03:12 PM
jb I missed you by a bar!!!
February 2nd, 2006 03:15 PM
nankerphelge Like it or not, catch phrases and other indicia of "sources" of material are protectable as trademarks.

"Threepeat" for example was coined by Pat Riley and he gets royalties for its use by others.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
February 2nd, 2006 03:15 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

It's not Maxy bashing - why would anyone bash Maxy? All he does is love!

It's bashing the idea of intellectual property within the confines of internet put-downs and catch-phrases, started in some other thread by me and SS. SS was getting all righteously indignant about Joey using the "All (Joey) does is love" Lugar®ism. It just struck me as funny, and has continued to strike me as funny throughout the day. In fact, I think the funny part of it is now MY intellectual property.

Man, I HATE it when I have to explain my jokes.

Anyway, your use of the term "pussy®" in your tiresome fight against Saint Sway is definitely stepping on Fiji's intellectual property rights. I know from my own tiresome fight against him. It's one of the only words in his limited vocabulary.

I think the term "asshat" might still be open, though.

I saw SS's reply to you(I think) but I didn't realize who his post was directed at & I was too lazy to crow. I agree that my battle with Sway has grown tiresome & when I find myself using words like "pussy" to describe him, I realize I must stop it now.

I always thought Joey's stuff was brilliant until it was pointed out to me that everything he did was from someone else. That's funny in a way but only in a limited way.
February 2nd, 2006 03:18 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

I always thought Joey's stuff was brilliant until it was pointed out to me that everything he did was from someone else. That's funny in a way but only in a limited way.

Well, the stuff he steals from ME is pure GENIUS.
February 2nd, 2006 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Like it or not, catch phrases and other indicia of "sources" of material are protectable as trademarks.

"Threepeat" for example was coined by Pat Riley and he gets royalties for its use by others.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

I am going to tonight's nationally televised Heat/Cavs game...I hate Pat Riley... a total dickhead the few times I met him at charity events....
February 2nd, 2006 03:28 PM
nankerphelge Yell "threepeat" alot and when he looks over at you flash some cash and buy a beer for all his assisstants!
February 2nd, 2006 03:29 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I am going to tonight's nationally televised Heat/Cavs game...I hate Pat Riley... a total dickhead the few times I met him at charity events....

I hear he's anti-Semitic...
February 2nd, 2006 03:29 PM
sirmoonie Dibs on "asshat" but I'm willing to trade it for a couple of low-key, ambiguous racial slurs. Anyone?
February 2nd, 2006 03:34 PM
nankerphelge
February 2nd, 2006 03:41 PM
glencar Mwahahahahahaha...he thinks they actually won!
February 2nd, 2006 03:49 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

I hear he's anti-Semitic...

NO!!!!!!!!!! Mickey Arison(son of Carnival Cruise founder and billionaire, Ted Arison) owns the team and is very Jewish....The dad was buried in Israel!!!!
February 2nd, 2006 03:52 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The dad was buried in Israel!!!!

February 2nd, 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Baltimore subatantially weaker than Omaha.........sadly, the next place to get "Baltimored" will a viewing audience of 1 billion............................................Fat Aretha Franklin already bitching.....anf too think Keith revived that fat asses career in the video for the Whopi Goldberg movie JJF...ungrateful tub of lard.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)