ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Baltimore get "Omaha'ed" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
February 2nd, 2006 03:56 PM
glencar Joshy, is Puggy around?
February 2nd, 2006 03:57 PM
Joey " ..... is Puggy around? "

February 2nd, 2006 03:58 PM
glencar The Cuervo Gold...
February 2nd, 2006 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Cuervo Gold...

The fine Colombian ...
February 2nd, 2006 03:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Dibs on "asshat" but I'm willing to trade it for a couple of low-key, ambiguous racial slurs. Anyone?

Keep it under your asshat, but I own the "N" word!

February 2nd, 2006 04:00 PM
glencar That's 'Retha Franklin...
February 2nd, 2006 04:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

Why all the Maxy bashing? He never even mentions you.

I'm wondering the same thing, and i'm also wondering why it was stated on Gasland that Max bashes Kenos board on The Couch...
Not true...
February 2nd, 2006 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ..... is Puggy around? "

Pug is busy with his new son and will be blind within 3-5 yrs.
February 2nd, 2006 04:07 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's 'Retha Franklin...

Hey Nineteen ?!?! .... ?!? ... ?

|
|
|
V

February 2nd, 2006 04:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Like it or not, catch phrases and other indicia of "sources" of material are protectable as trademarks.

Thank you for that information, Counselor. You are much loved by The Joey!

quote:

"Threepeat" for example was coined by Pat Riley and he gets royalties for its use by others.

So how much did you pay him for saying THAT? and do I owe him something now too? Or did the quotation marks render it fair game? I quoted you; do I pay you, so that you can pay him? Is it just sportscasters that have to pay him?

I remember the office where I worked in the 90s getting a letter from the Xerox® company once saying the word "Xerox®" was protected by copyright law and to please refrain from saying you were "Xeroxing®" something. Not just writing it, but saying it. Using their company name as a verb was strictly off-limits. We all laughed a lot about that. I think we may have even Xeroxed® the letter. It was even funnier because we had a Lexmark copier.

I think we should straighten this whole intellectual property thing out once and for all. Joey does NOT steal EVERYTHING he posts. His bowel problems are his own, as far as I know. And Lugar never cut-and-pasted stuff about LBJ and the Vietnam war, at least not as far as I can recall.

Also, cutting and pasting Howard Stern Show stuff is all Joey.

Hey, I can't speak for everyone, obviously. But having witnessed Joey and Maxy having a Lugar®-off in the lobby of Maxy's hotel in Cleveland, I can't help but laugh every time Joey steals one of Max's lines. And laugh even more when someone gets mad about it.

February 2nd, 2006 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hey, I can't speak for everyone, obviously. But having witnessed Joey and Maxy having a Lugar®-off in the lobby of Maxy's hotel in Cleveland, I can't help but laugh every time Joey steals one of Max's lines. And laugh even more when someone gets mad about it.

Come To Joey this fall .............

February 2nd, 2006 04:27 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm wondering the same thing, and i'm also wondering why it was stated on Gasland that Max bashes Kenos board on The Couch...
Not true...

I've seen him and others on the Couch do that on several occasions.

[Cue Marvin Gaye]

[Cue The Pope]

[Cue Spuds McKenzie circa 1987]
February 2nd, 2006 04:30 PM
jb Joey=Love
February 2nd, 2006 04:37 PM
nankerphelge Hey FPM, don't get me wrong, I love it when people don't take IP seriously.

That's why I charge $500 per to get people's asses out of hot water over who owns what!

PS -- sorry I missed you in NYC.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
February 2nd, 2006 04:38 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Hey FPM, don't get me wrong, I love it when people don't take IP seriously.

That's why I charge $500 per to get people's asses out of hot water over who owns what!

You're rich!!!!!
February 2nd, 2006 04:39 PM
nankerphelge nanky=lust
February 2nd, 2006 04:40 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
nanky=lust

I have a IP right case now....transferred from Jersey. I shall prevail under common usage doctrine.
February 2nd, 2006 04:42 PM
nankerphelge Chicks dig IP lawyers...
February 2nd, 2006 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Chicks dig IP lawyers...

Nanky ?!?!

February 2nd, 2006 04:46 PM
jb http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-petcem30.html
February 2nd, 2006 04:47 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-petcem30.html

" Typically, the pet will die first and be buried about 71/2 feet deep, said George Argast, general manager of Memorial Traditions. When the owner passes, he or she will be placed a foot or so above the animal.

Animals do not have to be embalmed but do have to be placed inside a concrete vault, said Argast, "so other animals can't get to it and dig it up. "

February 2nd, 2006 05:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

I have a IP right case now....transferred from Jersey. I shall prevail under common usage doctrine.

State level - inferior brand of law, for common fish-water bohunks.

ALL the big black dogs play it federal these days. ALL the big black dogs.

[edited by Roy Black, Esq.]
February 2nd, 2006 05:02 PM
nankerphelge Yeah, that's right!

Chicks dig FED IP lawyers!!
February 2nd, 2006 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
Rodney_King wrote:

i do NOT like the sound of that.

not one bit!

Funny !!!!!

Good Postin '

February 2nd, 2006 05:24 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I've seen him and others on the Couch do that on several occasions.

[Cue Marvin Gaye]

[Cue The Pope]

[Cue Spuds McKenzie circa 1987]

I've made jokes about Keno on the couch too...
This is Fleabits reply about My post on Gasland asking Where is Maxy?
"Why would you look HERE for him? He's generally more comfortable ridiculing gasland and its inhabitants from the comfort of his own Couch."

I'm staying out of it... I was hoping for peace in NYC... Seems ego and pride is the real issue... Not politics or jokes made by others... Who is really ridiculing and bashing? I see the swipes being taken... And I know when a joke is a joke, and when it's hurtful, and who is big enough to apologize when the joke is hurtful...
February 2nd, 2006 05:52 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

It's not Maxy bashing - why would anyone bash Maxy? All he does is love!

It's bashing the idea of intellectual property within the confines of internet put-downs and catch-phrases, started in some other thread by me and SS. SS was getting all righteously indignant about Joey using the "All (Joey) does is love" Lugar®ism. It just struck me as funny, and has continued to strike me as funny throughout the day. In fact, I think the funny part of it is now MY intellectual property.

Man, I HATE it when I have to explain my jokes.

Anyway, your use of the term "pussy®" in your tiresome fight against Saint Sway is definitely stepping on Fiji's intellectual property rights. I know from my own tiresome fight against him. It's one of the only words in his limited vocabulary.

I think the term "asshat" might still be open, though.

Fleabit ....

You write very well !!!!!

Have you ever thought about working for a publishing company ?!?!

February 2nd, 2006 09:10 PM
Starbuck joey...

you have stolen my "mexican pug with tequilla bottle" pic and are now using it as your own. consider yourself served.

have you no shame, son? HAVE YOU NO SHAME???

you will be hearing from my IP attourney within 24 hours:

February 2nd, 2006 09:17 PM
Rodney_King
quote:
"Why would you look HERE for him? He's generally more comfortable ridiculing gasland and its inhabitants from the comfort of his own Couch."

what we need is a little piece and some harmony.

can't we all get along?????

February 2nd, 2006 10:58 PM
Barney Fife Neither Ronnie nor Keith can play worth a shit when they try it left-handed!!

February 3rd, 2006 10:02 AM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

I've made jokes about Keno on the couch too...

Sorry for shit-stirring...I have my period and it makes me cranky.

I posted that answer to you and immediately thought "WHY did I do that?" Not that it's not true - Keno is a punchline to many jokes, whether it be for wearing tinfoil hats or worrying about bandwidth stealing or exhorting his followers to click the banners, and for some reason all of those things are the cause of much hilarity among your friends. But it's not like I've seen anything of that sort lately, and I had no business bringing it up. I should have just said "Why would you look for him here?" (a valid question) and not the other stuff. If Keno wasn't such a damn hippie maybe his site would allow you to delete posts, but that is not the case, so as it was I was thankful it was the end of the month and would soon disappear. Until you brought it back up. That's cool, though.

quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm staying out of it...

Starting when?

quote:
pdog wrote:
I was hoping for peace in NYC...

Why? Who gave, or gives, a flying fuck? Look, I was on the verge of a self-induced mental breakdown in NYC. I've measured my entire adult life by Stones shows, and going to the LAST ONE was giving me the willies. As all of my good friends are so fond of lovingly pointing out in their good-natured way, I was unhinged. I didn't need to worry about any stupid drama, whether it was drama cooked up by me to begin with, or drama foisted upon me. I'm glad I got to meet you and a few others but I really wouldn't have cared if I didn't see any of my internet pals and/or nemeses.

quote:
pdog wrote:
Seems ego and pride is the real issue... Not politics or jokes made by others...

Oh yeah, a huge factor. Absolutely. I could either let ego and pride take over and go start a fistfight, or I could stay where I was with real family and real friends.

quote:
pdog wrote:
Who is really ridiculing and bashing? I see the swipes being taken...

And it matters because....?

And you see this whole non-issue as totally one-sided?

quote:
pdog wrote:
And I know when a joke is a joke, and when it's hurtful, and who is big enough to apologize when the joke is hurtful...

You totally lost me there. I've pointed out, a million times, which "jokes" were hurtful, and this ALWAYS meant the "jokes" would be repeated ad nauseum. There were NEVER any apologies offered, and none would have been accepted anyway. No one apologizes for ANYTHING around here. It's a sign of weakness.

No, I take that back - I'm apologizing here for my post at Keno's, and I apologized at the Couch for belaboring my point and boring everyone. I apologize way too much, actually. Sorry!

And now that the Stones have played NYC for the last time, or at least the last time that any regular person could dream of affording, it all matters even less.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)