ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Baltimore get "Omaha'ed" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 31st, 2006 05:49 PM
Joey " ... not like some ersatz Brit pub in some 3rd tier city along some forgotten river..."

[Edited by Joey]
January 31st, 2006 06:01 PM
pdog Joey was heard screaming in Omaha " Don't grab my ears, I know what I'm doing ".

Sadly, rumor has it that Joey got his groove back the same way Stella did...by sleeping with a well-hung black man.

January 31st, 2006 06:13 PM
taz22 I got a pretty good feeling they are gonna see 'Shattered' played in Baltimore.
January 31st, 2006 08:52 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:
You haven't aged very well these past four years --- I am seriosly concerned for your health and general well - being ( My , ... er , .... C10 Brother )

You look Waaay older than your years and I feel a move to Omaha , NE will do you some good. Word !

After all , the LAST thing any of us want is for you to pull a " Entwistle 2002 " on us .

Developing .......................

Shiver .......................

[Edited by Uncle Petey]

joey, I couldn't agree with you more, my youthful-looking, fresh-faced Nebraskan friend. I present to you Exhibit A:

January 31st, 2006 09:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gypsy wrote:

joey, I couldn't agree with you more, my youthful-looking, fresh-faced Nebraskan friend. I present to you Exhibit A:

I have sensed much bitterness from you of late Gypsy. Why?

WTF did Maxy ever do to you?

Riffy
January 31st, 2006 09:13 PM
gypsy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I have sensed much bitterness from you of late Gypsy. Why?

WTF did Maxy ever do to you?

Riffy

I sense a lot of bitterness from Maxy towards joey. Why?
All the joey does is love.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Springtime for Hitler"
from Mel Brooks' The Producers

" Germany was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
Where oh where was he? Where could that man be?
We looked around, and then we found, the man for you and me,
And now it's ...

Springtime for Hitler and Germany,
Deutschland is happy and gay.
We're marching to a faster pace,
Look out, here comes the master race.

Winter for Poland and France.
Come on, Germans, go into your dance ...

I was born in Dusseldorf, and that is why they call me Rolf.
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party.

Springtime for Hitler and Germany
(Gun fires twice)
Goose-step's the new step today
(Machine gun fires)
Bombs falling from the skies again,
(Bomb falls and explodes)
Deutschland is on the rise again

U-boats are sailing once more
[woman's voice]: "Well! Talk about bad taste!"
Means ... that ... soon we'll be going ...
We've got to be going ...
You know we'll be going to ... WAR! "

[Edited by gypsy]
January 31st, 2006 09:16 PM
Riffhard Perhaps you should address your question to Maxlugar. He seems to have his reasons,and I,for one,won't second guess them.

Riffy
January 31st, 2006 09:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Perhaps you should address your question to Maxlugar. He seems to have his reasons,and I,for one,won't second guess them.

Riffy

"Springtime for Lugar"
from Mel Brooks' The Producers

" Germany was having trouble, what a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore its former glory
Where oh where was he? Where could that man be?
We looked around, and then we found, the man for you and me,
And now it's ...

Springtime for Lugar and Germany,
Deutschland is happy and gay.
We're marching to a faster pace,
Look out, here comes the master race.

Winter for Poland and France.
Come on, Germans, go into your dance ...

I was born in Dusseldorf, and that is why they call me Rolf.
Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the Nazi party.

Springtime for Lugar and Germany
(Gun fires twice)
Goose-step's the new step today
(Machine gun fires)
Bombs falling from the skies again,
(Bomb falls and explodes)
Deutschland is on the rise again

U-boats are sailing once more
[woman's voice]: "Well! Talk about bad taste!"
Means ... that ... soon we'll be going ...
We've got to be going ...
You know we'll be going to ... WAR! "
January 31st, 2006 09:41 PM
pdog
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I sense a lot of bitterness from Maxy towards joey. Why?
All the joey does is love.

[Edited by gypsy]

I like messing with Joey, it's all fun for me, I don't hate the guy... I know some stuff, and some other people know some stuff. So, I'm staying out of it. Joey has very think skin, and can take it and dish it out... What lies between Maxy and Joey, is there own business, and those involved know, and the rest of us should stay out of it...
January 31st, 2006 09:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I like messing with Joey, it's all fun for me, I don't hate the guy... I know some stuff, and some other people know some stuff. So, I'm staying out of it. Joey has very think skin, and can take it and dish it out... What lies between Maxy and Joey, is there own business, and those involved know, and the rest of us should stay out of it...

Here,here pdog!

Riffy
January 31st, 2006 09:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Why? All the joey does is love.<

That is a Lugarism. A Lugarism that Joey stole. Hilarious.

You know, it's funny. Joey spews up Lugarisms plagerized from message boards gone by...and Joey is the genius. I agree, Joey is a genius at appropriating other people's funny catch phrases. He recognizes quality when he sees it. I guess that takes some form of talent.
January 31st, 2006 09:55 PM
mojoman [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
I pray the good people of Baltimore will get a much more spirited and alive show (Anti-Omaha)this week.

i second that!!!
January 31st, 2006 10:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
I know some stuff, and some other people know some stuff. So, I'm staying out of it. Joey has very think skin, and can take it and dish it out... What lies between Maxy and Joey, is there own business, and those involved know

Jesus, the "back channel" stuff around here gets creepy. Its made even more creepy by the fact that I'm not privy.

Creepy. Very fucking creepy. Pervasive creepy. Invidious creepy. Matastized creepy. The creepiness can have a chilling effect on posting. Creepiness is as creepiness does. To creep o' not to creep.

Riffie, do a better job of covering up the back channel creepiness - seemingly innocent questions out of the blue are not your forte, Spuds.
January 31st, 2006 10:18 PM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Riffie, do a better job of covering up the back channel creepiness - seemingly innocent questions out of the blue are not your forte, Spuds.

LOL! I hear ya Moonie. That was not my intent. Believe me,but I have noticed a mounting bitterness from Gypsy towards Macky,and I was naturally curious as to why that may be. I had always thought that there was nothing but friendship between these two A-listers,and it's disturbing to see. That is all.

Riffy
January 31st, 2006 10:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG Since I am not following the "deepness" of these posts.....

All I have to say is that if a Knight in Rusty old Armour swept me off my feet and galloped me on his almost lame horse into the Mariner Center (first few rows of course), I wouldn't scream or cry, and I wouldn't care if it was Omaha'ed(mailed-in) or not. I would be seeing another great show, instead of sitting here wondering if I'll ever see them again!!
[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
February 1st, 2006 07:06 AM
glencar Get thee to Little Rock, MEG!
February 1st, 2006 09:44 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Get thee to Little Rock, MEG!

I am seriously considering going to Lil' Rock ( Lil' Fiji )
February 1st, 2006 12:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Why? All the joey does is love.<

That is a Lugarism. A Lugarism that Joey stole. Hilarious.

You know, it's funny. Joey spews up Lugarisms plagerized from message boards gone by...and Joey is the genius. I agree, Joey is a genius at appropriating other people's funny catch phrases. He recognizes quality when he sees it. I guess that takes some form of talent.

So, that whole Lugar vs Joey thing is about INTELLECTUAL (sic) PROPERTY DISPUTES?

That is FUNNY.

So Lugar was the first guy to say "All ((fill in name) does is LOVE"? Wow. He shoulda copyrighted that one. Kinda reminds me of "Best In Show" when Fred Willard claims to be the first guy to say "I don't THINK so."

Funniest thing about your theory is anyone thinking Joey is a genius. I don't recall hearing that. EVER. I do think a lot of people (like me) think he's funny, and yes, the whole schtick of stealing material IS funny. Ask Henny Youngman. Well, I didn't think he was funny at ALL, but he stayed in show biz for a couple hundred years stealing other people's jokes and then joking about it.

ANOTHER funny thing is the number of times stuff I've said to you on the ride home from concerts has ended up in your posts about the concerts the next day. I don't care, at ALL - when you throw ideas out there, they're fair game. That's how the world works. But it makes your kvetches about Joey stealing stuff from poor Maxy kind of hilarious. To me, anyway.

February 1st, 2006 12:11 PM
Joey " Funniest thing about your theory is anyone thinking Joey is a genius. I don't recall hearing that. EVER. I do think a lot of people (like me) think he's funny, and yes, the whole schtick of stealing material IS funny. Ask Henny Youngman. Well, I didn't think he was funny at ALL, but he stayed in show biz for a couple hundred years stealing other people's jokes and then joking about it.

ANOTHER funny thing is the number of times stuff I've said to you on the ride home from concerts has ended up in your posts about the concerts the next day. I don't care, at ALL - when you throw ideas out there, they're fair game. That's how the world works. But it makes your kvetches about Joey stealing stuff from poor Maxy kind of hilarious. To me, anyway. "

I would like to nibble your elbows ...............

........... and I am seriously considering going to Lil' Rock ( Lil' Fiji ) to see the STONES and BILL CLINTON !

[ Edited by Fiji ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 1st, 2006 12:54 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to nibble your elbows ...............

I don't THINK so!
February 1st, 2006 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I don't THINK so!

Come To Joey ..............

February 1st, 2006 02:14 PM
FPM C10

You remind me of my brother in-law...something something...BMW...something about going to Germany...

MAN! This stealing material is HARD WORK. Whaddaya do, keep a folder with stuff you want to steal?

You, my friend, are a GENIUS. With a capital J. And that stands for Joey!
February 1st, 2006 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

You, my friend, are a GENIUS. With a capital J. And that stands for Joey!

“There he goes. One of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
February 1st, 2006 02:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

“There he goes. One of God’s own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Hey! You stole that from me! I know, because I stole it from Terry Gilliam, who bought it from Hunter S. Thompson. So it's MINE!

February 1st, 2006 02:39 PM
sirmoonie We've been hit! We've been hit!

Save the bombardier! Save the bombardier!
February 1st, 2006 02:44 PM
FPM C10 I feel dumb...dumber than usual...I don't know that reference. Who'd you steal it from?

Is it a "Lugarism"?

My dad was a trigolier. That's a bombardier without a commission.
February 1st, 2006 02:48 PM
Joey " Hey! You stole that from me! I know, because I stole it from Terry Gilliam, who bought it from Hunter S. Thompson. So it's MINE! "

W- W- What ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

H- H - Huh ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
February 1st, 2006 02:51 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Is it a "Lugarism"?

Fleabit .............................

I am SERIOUSLY concerned about the health of our dear C10 Brother , The MaxLugar !!! Is it just me , or doesn't he look more and more like John Entwislte circa 1999 / 2000 ?!?!

Developing ...............

Shiver ..........................

" The guy needs to Chill in Nebraska for a few years Ronnie ! "

Snuggle to the Joe !

[ Edited by Snuggles ]

[Edited by Joey]
February 1st, 2006 03:12 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- W- What ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

H- H - Huh ?!?!

[Edited by F*cking Andrew]

Are those all Lugarisms? MAN! That guy IS good!

He reminds me of my brother-in-law, who did something or other and then went to Germany...

February 1st, 2006 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

He reminds me of my brother-in-law, who did something or other and then went to Germany...

This guy scares me :

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)