ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw, Poland - 13 April 1967 First Show
© Marek Langda with special thanks to Slawomir B!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soccer & Beckham Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
11th January 2007 06:58 PM
glencar So will this latest import help America learn to love soccer? You just know it won't.
11th January 2007 07:12 PM
pdog No way, but damn... Is he getting paid!
11th January 2007 07:17 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
So will this latest import help America learn to love soccer? You just know it won't.

250 million for 5 years.

That's only 48.5 mil more per than the league's next highest paid guy...

11th January 2007 08:20 PM
gimmekeef Rather watch paint dry than the US pro soccer league...But he'll sell more tickets than Kanye West did as an opener...
11th January 2007 08:26 PM
fireontheplatter fuck him and his pretty girlfriends....
OVERPAID..................
11th January 2007 08:29 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
fuck him and his pretty girlfriends....
OVERPAID..................

Bet he loves your ass avatar..but then who doesnt...lol
11th January 2007 08:41 PM
SweetVirginia I think American fans will like the missus, though.

11th January 2007 08:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG Personally, I think this will be great for the fledgling soccer program in America. Think he is probably on the down side of his career anyway(Thanks to that bitch of a wife of his). But he is sooooooo easy to look at and I will follow his career very closely....

11th January 2007 09:04 PM
SweetVirginia Me, too, Meggie!

11th January 2007 09:14 PM
Fiji Joe When he comes to KC to play their professional team, he will be playing on a high school field...how friggin lame is that?
11th January 2007 09:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG Like I said Fijilicious....We is just "small time" here in the States!!!!! (but I bet the place sells out)
11th January 2007 09:28 PM
lotsajizz soccer is unwatchable to most Americans

deservedly so

11th January 2007 09:32 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Like I said Fijilicious....We is just "small time" here in the States!!!!! (but I bet the place sells out)

Yeah...standing room only...mostly because they have no seats

11th January 2007 09:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh well, Feej...I still like the kind of football that Beckham plays!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
11th January 2007 10:08 PM
SweetVirginia He will sell tickets.

11th January 2007 10:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG SV..I bet you'll go see him play??!!

11th January 2007 10:35 PM
GotToRollMe Hmmm...don't watch sports, and he's not my type.
Nothin' here for me.
11th January 2007 10:40 PM
Fiji Joe Got the discs SV!...Thanks again...your kindness is one of the best things I going on right now...thanks again
11th January 2007 10:43 PM
GotToRollMe Yep, SV is one of the coolest kitties I know.
11th January 2007 10:56 PM
SweetVirginia You're welcome Feej. I was happy to do it.

And as for you GTRM, if Meg and I couldn't sell you on Beckham with those photos, then he really just isn't your cup of tea!

11th January 2007 10:57 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Personally, I think this will be great for the fledgling soccer program in America. Think he is probably on the down side of his career anyway(Thanks to that bitch of a wife of his). But he is sooooooo easy to look at and I will follow his career very closely....

Fledgling? We've had pro soccer here since the 1970's. It just hasn't caught on & never will. It's simply too boring.
12th January 2007 12:04 AM
Fiji Joe I disagree Blue...there is a whole generation of pansys right now who are playing soccer...I drove by the little league baseball park last summer and saw kids playing baseball with football helmets...complete with face masks...and they weren't batting either...that's the second time I've seen that...soccer is a sport that any spaz can play and not be embarassed publically...when you suck, you can just get lost in the crowd...it has no equivalent to standing at the plate, all by your lonesome, everyone watching, while the kid who has already gone through puberty, is whizzing fastballs at your coconut...it has no equivalent to "strike three, sit your ass down"...no equivalent to that long walk back to dugout...that is soccer's appeal...it does not require personal accountability...hence, its popularity mirrors our society's trend towards the rejectionsof said accountability...it's the perfect sport for the marxist movement
12th January 2007 02:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck you assholes.

I played soccer. Even got paid for it. Shhhh. Don't tell the NCAA. I didn't get paid in college, but I did before i played in college. I ended up in the emergency room 3 times.

Never happened to me when I played football or basketball or baseball.

Broken ribs. Lacerated kidney. Blown out left knee. More concussions than Gerry Cooney. If you play right, you don't leave the soccer feild without bleeding. I'm 40 and I got arthritis in both knees. All from playing soccer.

But I agree that unless you played, it's boring as fuck to watch. gotta think way too much. Who the fuck wants to think.

I also went through an entire cheerleading squad in college...well, except for the one married chick.
12th January 2007 02:54 AM
Captain Wank I'm still pulling the shrapnell out of my ass from playing soccer. Not to mention the vicious grass stains! they plague my trousers and my soul. I wake up screaming!
12th January 2007 07:41 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I cant believe some of the absolute shite in this thread!

I understand that Americans "dont get" FOOTBALL (and that is the correct term, not the lame Soccer you Americans named it) and you probably never will. Thats a real shame.

I will be honest, I dont get American Football. Its just like Rugby, but for pussies, cos they wear pads and helmets!

David Beckham is probably one of the greatest footballers to have played the professional game. Although I think its a real shame that he is wasting the remainder of his career in the footballing wilderness of the USA, I do also think that he will greatly influence the game in the States.

He is not as old as most of the Foreign players who play in the States (He is 31). He plays the game in the right spirit. He was sent of in a world cup finals competition against Argentina a few years back and ever since then, he has been a great ambasador for a great game.

He will, no doubt, open one or more of his "Football Academies" in the states. They do a great job, not just in teaching kids the basics of the game. But they also teach them about eating right, staying fit, self discipline and respect.

David Beckham has become somewhat of a joke over here in the UK, but I will always stand up for the man because...

1 - He is a great footballer
2 - He was a great England captain
3 - He is a good family man
4 - He has given back to the sport which made him so famous

I dont begrudge him anything. That includes all the hundreds of millions of pounds he has made and stands to make in the States, he has worked hard for it!

Enjoy him!
12th January 2007 07:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
soccer is unwatchable to most Americans

deservedly so

yep..too much thinkin' required....
12th January 2007 08:11 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I cant believe some of the absolute shite in this thread!

I understand that Americans "dont get" FOOTBALL (and that is the correct term, not the lame Soccer you Americans named it) and you probably never will. Thats a real shame.

I will be honest, I dont get American Football. Its just like Rugby, but for pussies, cos they wear pads and helmets!

David Beckham is probably one of the greatest footballers to have played the professional game. Although I think its a real shame that he is wasting the remainder of his career in the footballing wilderness of the USA, I do also think that he will greatly influence the game in the States.

He is not as old as most of the Foreign players who play in the States (He is 31). He plays the game in the right spirit. He was sent of in a world cup finals competition against Argentina a few years back and ever since then, he has been a great ambasador for a great game.

He will, no doubt, open one or more of his "Football Academies" in the states. They do a great job, not just in teaching kids the basics of the game. But they also teach them about eating right, staying fit, self discipline and respect.

David Beckham has become somewhat of a joke over here in the UK, but I will always stand up for the man because...

I dont begrudge him anything. That includes all the hundreds of millions of pounds he has made and stands to make in the States, he has worked hard for it!

Enjoy him!

Bless you, Mr Scrounge!! Saved me the time trying to write a rebuttal to these Ninnies, who can't see the real athletic talent it takes to play football with a round ball and no padding and helmets!! And Feej..I love the game of baseball, but Christ..Give me the David Beckhams of this world anyday, instead of some of the fat ass baseball players that call themselves atheletes.
12th January 2007 08:33 AM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Bless you, Mr Scrounge!! Saved me the time trying to write a rebuttal to these Ninnies, who can't see the real athletic talent it takes to play football with a round ball and no padding and helmets!! And Feej..I love the game of baseball, but Christ..Give me the David Beckhams of this world anyday, instead of some of the fat ass baseball players that call themselves atheletes.

Well look at you, Miss Sassy!

LJ.
12th January 2007 08:40 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I cant believe some of the absolute shite in this thread!

Enjoy him!

Spot on, VS. I can't believe any Americans
who watched the World Cup didn't see
the stamina, coordination and athleticism
required to play football at that level.

I think Becks already has one of his academies
in LA. A few years ago (pre-Madrid), Manchester
United and another team I can't remember came
to the U.S. for a couple of exhibition games
and sold out the venues because even back
then Americans knew Beckham was something
special to see.

I know he and Victoria are a little hard
to take given their excesses and love of
fame, but they should feel right at home
in Los Angeles.

He's welcome here as far as I'm concerned.
Phil Anschutz has an interest in several
US teams and wants the league to make it.
Bringing Beckham in is good business.

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
12th January 2007 08:44 AM
LadyJane Damn, SV.

You and MEG are into this....I must take another look.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)