ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The RO New York City Summit!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 4th, 2006 03:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Good work!!!! But please consult Doug and Oldkr...........this must be a combined with the beautiful Shidoobees...Also, are the Euro board people coming??? Is ther enough room? Are there 2 mens rooms?

First of all..why do YOU care? You aren't joining us.

Doug is set at Walter's.....which I am told is a block or two away.

IORR is at Mustang Harry's according to Gazza.

So between the RO/Couchie Party, the Shidoobee Party and the IORR party....we are all close and can party hop.

LJ.

January 4th, 2006 03:01 PM
jb It appears as Mick said on LYL many people attending will be "open to offers"............................developing.
January 4th, 2006 03:07 PM
jb Seriously, I advise against a cover..I know it's only $15 bucks, but you will be surprised how many are turned off by that..just have a bar where people can buy what they want..That's my opinion and I am very serious..the cheapness of some is appalling.......
January 4th, 2006 03:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Seriously, I advise against a cover..I know it's only $15 bucks, but you will be surprised how many are turned off by that..just have a bar where people can buy what they want..That's my opinion and I am very serious..the cheapness of some is appalling.......

Sadly, I can attest to this first hand!
January 4th, 2006 03:10 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I can attest to this first hand!

Most want a 2 dollar beer on tap and 3 dollar chicken wings......................
January 4th, 2006 03:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Most want a 2 dollar beer on tap and 3 dollar chicken wings......................

Domestic Beer and complimentary peanuts are always a crowd pleaser. (remember my father was drinking Budweiser in Memphis to wash down the Burritos!) You bought me a Bud Light, and I thank you, but I then began to purchase Newcastle!
January 4th, 2006 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Domestic Beer and complimentary peanuts are always a crowd pleaser. (remember my father was drinking Budweiser in Memphis to wash down the Burritos!) You bought me a Bud Light, and I thank you, but I then began to purchase Newcastle!

I have literally spent thousands on meals, drinks, etc for people...Since my son is attedning this show, I will have to keep costs hidden(reports to mommy!!!).
January 4th, 2006 03:20 PM
LadyJane My legwork is very preliminary as I have little to no time to devout to this venture (see LJ's parents are in very rough shape).

I am just trying to secure some space JUST for us.

LJ.
January 4th, 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I have literally spent thousands on meals, drinks, etc for people...Since my son is attedning this show, I will have to keep costs hidden(reports to mommy!!!).

Sadly, you may have to search for $1 burrittos for your son, i can forward you my fathers contact info and he can advise?
January 4th, 2006 03:29 PM
glencar Puggy, I know you're having fun but could we just devote this thread to 2 weeks from tonight? We want this to be a great party & while you'll be missed we really need to move on...
January 4th, 2006 03:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Puggy, I know you're having fun but could we just devote this thread to 2 weeks from tonight? We want this to be a great party & while you'll be missed we really need to move on...

Sure, but please be advised that jb is not attending either!
January 4th, 2006 03:33 PM
glencar He'll be missed too but let's keep our BS elsewhere. Me included! Thanks!
January 4th, 2006 03:45 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
He'll be missed too but let's keep our BS elsewhere. Me included! Thanks!

Wow!!!! Voddoopug has been humiliated!!!!!!!!!!!
January 4th, 2006 03:48 PM
glencar Not at all, Joshy. Certainly not meant that way. BTW You'd better show up there. You're a good guy & whatever "drama" is going on is silly.
January 4th, 2006 03:50 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not at all, Joshy. Certainly not meant that way. BTW You'd better show up there. You're a good guy & whatever "drama" is going on is silly.

YOu shall be greeted somewhere in New York!!!!
January 4th, 2006 03:53 PM
glencar Well, I'll be at the Wednesday night party. I will probably go home afterwards as I have things to do on Thursday(airport pick-ups). I look forward to buying you some drinks this time.
January 4th, 2006 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, I'll be at the Wednesday night party. I will probably go home afterwards as I have things to do on Thursday(airport pick-ups). I look forward to buying you some drinks this time.

Thursay /Friday is my current plan.................La Guadia
January 4th, 2006 05:17 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
I will see you Martha..even if at the lower both concessiion stand!!!!!
"No Martha, no JB".

I can't go to the shows at this time so unless I can get hired to work at your concession stand by the time of the show....we will have to meet OUTSIDE of MSG.

Must!

"No Martha, no JB".

January 4th, 2006 05:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Martha wrote:

I can't go to the shows at this time so unless I can get hired to work at your concession stand by the time of the show....we will have to meet OUTSIDE of MSG.

Must!

"No Martha, no JB".

Wow....I hope all is well Martha....it looks like JB will cancel now anyway...if he can transfer his fan asylum package to me, I will go in his absence and greet.
January 4th, 2006 11:16 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:

Must!

"No Martha, no JB".

You were just flying in to greet? You are much loved...why can't your Rocks-Off sistahs get you a ticket..........they must come through or be thought of as failures. Pud=g is a failure as he refuses to fly in to Boston or Chicago even though wife is dong fine....you should reject his friendship...he has let you down. I will be there and greet you somwehere near venue.......maybe Hotel Lobby off Penn..
January 5th, 2006 08:17 AM
egon me an my buddy are arriving at 1630h on the 18th and leaving 22nd eve.

so far got tickets for the 20th.
would in principal be interested in the 18th as well
but no idea if i arrive on time or if i can get tickets...

does anyone know how long it takes to get from jfk to
the time square (incl number of stabwounds), and at what time the gig starts?

other than that, just point us to the right bar!
January 5th, 2006 09:00 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:

You were just flying in to greet? You are much loved...why can't your Rocks-Off sistahs get you a ticket..........they must come through or be thought of as failures. Pud=g is a failure as he refuses to fly in to Boston or Chicago even though wife is dong fine....you should reject his friendship...he has let you down. I will be there and greet you somwehere near venue.......maybe Hotel Lobby off Penn..

Oh No! I am not flying in. Are you kiddin'? My husband lost his job in August and we have no money whatsoever...I mean NONE. Zero.. Zip!

We are driving from OH or we can't make it at all. I am asking people we know along the route if we can crash at their pads so we can make the trek in with as little expense as possible.

Accordingly, I never had the plan to see either show although if things break (Chris is offered the job he interviewd for 9+ weeks ago in NYC) we will get tickets at the last minute. It will really suck not to see the Stones, but it's worth it. I feel I have to meet you and the rest of the Summit crew.

As it stands now we must meet outside of the venue.

Don't you have a Penthouse overlooking Central Park for us to stay at while we meet and greet?

No Martha, No jb!

Hell yeh!
January 5th, 2006 09:02 AM
Martha "number of stabwounds" ?

Egads!

LOL!

I can bring bandages in case!
January 5th, 2006 10:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
does anyone know how long it takes to get from jfk to
the time square (incl number of stabwounds), and at what time the gig starts?

allow an hour in the traffic at that time of day..unlikely to be any more than that. Quicker by subway though, if you know what youre doing and have planned your route out. The customs will probably take anything from 30 mins to an hour to clear. JFK is a bit of a bollocks to get out of in that respect (strangely enough, despite all the post 9/11 supposed tightening of security, the only time I've been since (2002) was the least chaotic of all of my trips when it comes to customs. Others might tell you different, though)

Times Square is about 10 blocks uptown from MSG. Not that I want to tempt fate but aside from the prospect of metting certain people from this board, I've never found Manhattan in any way threatening in the 3 times I've been there.

I would imagine the Stones should be onstage by 9 o'clock or so, although I guess those who were at the shows earlier on this tour could tell you better
January 5th, 2006 10:42 AM
glencar Egon, NYC has never been safer but it's still wise to watch yourself in any big city. There's a train service that I've been told is good that takes about an hour or less to go from JFK-->>Times Square. A cab ride is a fixed price of $35 or so plus tip of $5 or more. Time on that depends on traffic but I'd recommend the train instead as the roads around JFK get crowded at about 3PM & you won't get out of customs before then.

Are you staying at Marriott Marquis? I'll be there on Friday & Saturday. Good luck on the flight!
[Edited by glencar]
January 5th, 2006 10:55 AM
jb I will buy the following people drinks at concession stand:
1)Martha
2)Gypsy
3)SS
4)Egon
5)Max Lugar
6)Pdog
7)Gazza
8)Scope
9)Glencar
10)Pam
11)LJ

others to be determined depending on funds available
January 5th, 2006 11:07 AM
glencar That's a list! I too will buy drinks!
January 5th, 2006 11:08 AM
egon thanks the replies.
i'm sure NY i safe... or at least safer than marseille :-)

so if i understand correctly i can take a DIRECT train
from jfk to time square?

i guess that means i can make it in time for the
concert. anyone got any spare tix...?

gleny, indeed i am at the mariott. for the make-up convention of course see you there!

[Edited by egon]
January 5th, 2006 11:09 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's a list! I too will buy MANY drinks!

January 5th, 2006 12:18 PM
LadyJane Okay gang...just talked to the people at Stout.

http://www.stoutnyc.com/

They will reserve space for us in the Bar...have Stones blastin...and NO cover...ie...you pay for what you want to eat or drink.

Only hitch....they cannot guarantee the reservation past 5:15 on Friday the 20th. MOST of us have to be ready to start eating and drinking by 5!!! Not a problem for me!!!

Okay....I've done my homework...you decide.

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)