ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA - January 13, 2006
© AP Photo/Steven Senne with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The RO New York City Summit!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 1st, 2006 07:53 PM
LadyJane Boys and girls...it's rapidly approaching.

The Stones converge on New York City as do many of us.

Let's sticky this thread and make our plans.

I have a pretty good idea who will be going....but want to make sure no one is left out.

Questions? Comments? This is the thread to do it.

LJ.
January 1st, 2006 07:55 PM
glencar LJ, good diea. I'm calling Marriott tonight to change over. Sorry I was late. Lots of things to deal with. Looking forward to the mini-break!
January 1st, 2006 07:59 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ, good diea. I'm calling Marriott tonight to change over. Sorry I was late. Lots of things to deal with. Looking forward to the mini-break!

Blue..you are beginning to spell like Josh. LMAO.

LJ
January 1st, 2006 08:13 PM
glencar LOL Typos, not bad spelling! Anyway, we rich guys can spell like we want!
January 1st, 2006 08:32 PM
Gazza Both IORR and Shidoobee are having their get-togethers within staggering distance of Madison Square Garden (Mustang Harry's on 7th Ave and Walters on 8th Ave, respectively - both between 29th/30th streets)

Considering the time of year it is, it might be a good idea to have it somewhere similarly close to the venue.
[Edited by Gazza]
January 1st, 2006 08:42 PM
LadyJane That is the plan!!!

The Bar inside the Hotel Pennsylvania has been suggested. I shall call them early this week.

Location has been scouted and ok'd by two of our greatest members and NYC locals.....Maxlugar and luxury.

By my count we are nearing 30 in number (including friends, spouses, significant others, inflatable party Dolls, Sheep, etc.)

LJ.

January 1st, 2006 11:21 PM
jb Sadly, I shall not be able to attend(seriously)....looks like a quick in and out for me and son......have a great time and hope to see some ofinside MSG.

[Edited by jb]
January 2nd, 2006 01:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, I shall not be able to attend(seriously)....looks like a quick in and out for me and son......have a great time and hope to see some ofinside MSG.

[Edited by jb]

what if a seating chart is provided post haste?
January 2nd, 2006 01:32 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

what if a seating chart is provided post haste?

No...personal stuff came up and will have to fly in and out.....wish I could cancel but already paid.....I 'm sure I'll see some familiar faces in the crowd............but absoluterly no tome to make this or any pre-party event......best shot to greet 1/14/-1/15 Boston.
January 2nd, 2006 02:32 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, I shall not be able to attend(seriously)....looks like a quick in and out for me and son......have a great time and hope to see some ofinside MSG.

[Edited by jb]

Whatever is going on, I hope it isn't anything bad... Better to know everything is cool with you. We'll always have the farewell tour to meet up...
January 2nd, 2006 07:20 AM
Stonesdoug Hey LadyJane, unless they have added one recently, the Hotel Pennsylvania hasn't had a bar for about 12 years.
January 2nd, 2006 08:27 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
Hey LadyJane, unless they have added one recently, the Hotel Pennsylvania hasn't had a bar for about 12 years.

I have been told otherwise....by people who drank there in September. Investigating.........

jb.....email me....what's up????

LJ.
January 2nd, 2006 11:14 AM
Martha jb,

hey...what is wrong? I am worried about you and yours. I am sending prayers asap.

"No Martha, No jb!"

Thanks for posting this thread LJ! Can't wait to hug you sistah!

Summit all the way in 2006!

Maaaaaartha!
January 2nd, 2006 12:23 PM
scope
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I have been told otherwise....by people who drank there in September. Investigating.........

jb.....email me....what's up????

LJ.

As someone who started drinking there at 3:00 in the afternoon with SS and Pdog, I can assure you there is a bar. It has an outside entrance (33rd off 7th) and is not associated with the hotel, but there is also an entrance to it from the hotel, therefore it most certainly can be called a hotel bar.
It may be tight with 30 people. We may want to consider Blarney Rock across the street from this place, or this other place next door, whose name escapes me at the momeent. I shall make a pilgrimage to the area this week and report back.
January 2nd, 2006 12:40 PM
throbby Yes, we entered the hotel lobby, walked all the way to the back of said lobby and entered the bar.
January 2nd, 2006 02:38 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That is the plan!!!

The Bar inside the Hotel Pennsylvania has been suggested. I shall call them early this week.

Location has been scouted and ok'd by two of our greatest members and NYC locals.....Maxlugar and luxury.

By my count we are nearing 30 in number (including friends, spouses, significant others, inflatable party Dolls, Sheep, etc.)

LJ.

I knew this would be another superior summit, but now that I see it will include sheep, this summit will far exceed my astronomical expectations.
I can't wait to hear from Nanky when he finds out there will be sheep. This is going to be good.

Rick

January 2nd, 2006 04:37 PM
glencar
quote:
scope wrote:

As someone who started drinking there at 3:00 in the afternoon with SS and Pdog, I can assure you there is a bar. It has an outside entrance (33rd off 7th) and is not associated with the hotel, but there is also an entrance to it from the hotel, therefore it most certainly can be called a hotel bar.
It may be tight with 30 people. We may want to consider Blarney Rock across the street from this place, or this other place next door, whose name escapes me at the momeent. I shall make a pilgrimage to the area this week and report back.

Scope, was there a bar called Stout's across the street? One of my work pals wants to go there. I might have to split my time between that & the one at the hotel. Or we could all try this Stout's place. It's on 33rd...
January 2nd, 2006 04:38 PM
glencar Joshy, I hope everything's alright. I was so looking forward to seeing you again.
January 2nd, 2006 04:41 PM
glencar I just googled it. Here tis: http://www.stoutnyc.com/
January 2nd, 2006 08:21 PM
LadyJane Many thanks to our NYC homies for your on the spot recon.

Scope....may your pilgrimage be fruitful!!

LJ.
January 3rd, 2006 01:43 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
Yes, we entered the hotel lobby, walked all the way to the back of said lobby and entered the bar.

We looked damn good doing it too!
January 3rd, 2006 01:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl God speed to the Rolling Stones and all my dearest friends who will be at the MSG this month.

Unfortunately I cannot attend and you probably don't have any idea about how bad I feel about it, as I'm sure it will be a great party (don't care too much about the shows as I'm sure they will be ok) but missing this opportunity to meet many of you again and many for the first time is the reason I feel sad.

So drink one Cuervo 1800 in my memory I will drink one here for each of you, so now I need a list of the people attending...
January 3rd, 2006 01:54 PM
LadyJane Get ready to get ripped, voodoo...here is my list thus far:

LJ
gypsy
PartyDoll MEG
egon
Gazza
Jaxx
TomL
Nanky
SS
FPM
NastyHabits
Pdog
Feej
Maxlugar
scope
glencar
Luxy
Throbby
scope
Riffy
jb
Maxmeister
Martha

I bet you feel VERY sad now. We will MISS you!!!!

LJ.
January 3rd, 2006 04:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
God speed to the Rolling Stones and all my dearest friends who will be at the MSG this month.

Unfortunately I cannot attend and you probably don't have any idea about how bad I feel about it, as I'm sure it will be a great party (don't care too much about the shows as I'm sure they will be ok) but missing this opportunity to meet many of you again and many for the first time is the reason I feel sad.

So drink one Cuervo 1800 in my memory I will drink one here for each of you, so now I need a list of the people attending...

I am so... sad I will not get to meet the Great Voodoo
Yes, we will have a toast to you our fearless Leader!!!!
January 3rd, 2006 04:59 PM
thejuf Forty licks fanclub will definitely attend MSG.
we will travel to NY on 17th and we are staying at Hotel Wellington.

We will go to Mustang Harry to meet Bjornulf and to Walters to say hello to Stonesdoug, so why not go to the Pennsylvania bar?

Let's paint the town red!!!
Gawd, I can't wait......
January 3rd, 2006 07:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

I am so... sad I will not get to meet the Great Voodoo
Yes, we will have a toast to you our fearless Leader!!!!

Well at least you have two members of the Unholy Trinity AND our Chairman & Executive Officer Mr. Nasty Habits!!
January 3rd, 2006 08:05 PM
scope
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just googled it. Here tis: http://www.stoutnyc.com/

This is the place that I partied in before seeing Cream back in October. I got lucky and got a table in the front, and with the bathrooms a few stepa away, I never got to see the back of the place. I think it is bigger than the place connected to the hotel (sorry LJ, I can't remember the name, but I will find out Thursday when I'm down there).
January 3rd, 2006 08:07 PM
scope
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Count on it, my friend. But Only one? Hopefully there will be others that we can drink to as well
January 3rd, 2006 08:31 PM
PartyDoll MEG Scope- LJ has given you quite an assignment-finding a drinking hole for this Wild RO Summit crew. We will trust your decision and you shall have many drinks at your disposal!!
January 3rd, 2006 08:50 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
scope wrote:

This is the place that I partied in before seeing Cream back in October. I got lucky and got a table in the front, and with the bathrooms a few stepa away, I never got to see the back of the place. I think it is bigger than the place connected to the hotel (sorry LJ, I can't remember the name, but I will find out Thursday when I'm down there).

I'll rely on your impeccable record. The tailgate party you set up for '02 Giants was totally above and beyond.
I arrive late thursday afternoon. We need to set up something for that evening.

Rick
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)